• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Oh how I wish this thread was still about Korra.

tumblr_nbqzriIBID1rlvhbho2_500.gif

I wrote down a review outline for the entire show a few days after the finale aired. I'll type it up and post it one of these days. Prolly after I complete my Legend of Korra rewatch.

Veelk

Banned
What else do you think is appropriate to talk about in a Korra thread besides Korra? I'm sorry that you feel the conversation becomes circular but you're not, like, required to post here versus seeking out a thread more relevant to The Witcher (or whatever) or creating your own chat room or something if it's the specific people here you want to chat with.

Off-topic talk here and there is fine and sort of expected for Community, but for a subject-specific thread you probably want to aim for talking about that subject at least the majority of the time. That hasn't been the case in here for a good while.

Then I'm worried that we might have to close the thread, because we've discussed all korra related topics ten times over. I think we'd have to start doing a group read of korra fanfiction I'd we want new content. Otherwise, discussion is going to inevitably stray because there is nothing else to discuss.

What else do you think is appropriate to talk about in a Korra thread besides Korra? I'm sorry that you feel the conversation becomes circular but you're not, like, required to post here versus seeking out a thread more relevant to The Witcher (or whatever) or creating your own chat room or something if it's the specific people here you want to chat with.

Off-topic talk here and there is fine and sort of expected for Community, but for a subject-specific thread you probably want to aim for talking about that subject at least the majority of the time. That hasn't been the case in here for a good while.
So hear me out, though:
Rename it The Treehouse, we go about business as usual.
Then I'm worried that we might have to close the thread, because we've discussed all korra related topics ten times over. I think we'd have to start doing a group read of korra fanfiction I'd we want new content. Otherwise, discussion is going to inevitably stray because there is nothing else to discuss.

Or this.

I mean, the conversation always returns to Avatar/Korra at some point and I do enjoy those discussions, but yes most topics have been discussed ad nauseam by this point.

I'd hate for the thread to close though. :( This community is great. Maybe the Avatar Community thread needs to be made. And we can do the Avatar rewatch officially there?

Thank you!

Icy, I know you claimed dibs on creating the next OT...well here's your chance!

We should probably decide on a title at least. Once it's up and running perhaps we can foster discussion through a rewatch we actually all participate in...

Toa TAK

Banned
What the heck happened when I was gone?

I'm just sad the greatest OP in GAF existence won't last long enough to have a full thread. ;_;

So who's doing the actual Community thread?

Veelk

Banned
I suggested the Fanfic reading as an off hand idea, as that seemed to be the only way to get new content, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked it.

The best fanfics are ways to explore the source material in new ways. That is exactly what we need. If we're actually up for doing reading, I think it could be a lot of fun. How do you guys feel about it?

That be fine with me, never would post my own, but I guess a reading would be cool.

Exactly the same with me, unless you want to read 'adult oriented' fan fics involving random ass crack ships (not all of mine are like that, I just started doing those and for some reason they are oddly popular....). But yea, I'm down with reading fics.

But yea, get cracking on new OT.

Toa TAK

Banned
Hey guys, I just got back ho-what the hell.

Congrats to Icy I guess. Down with Kuvira!
Did you learn nothing? Kuvira doesn't go down easily.
I suggested the Fanfic reading as an off hand idea, as that seemed to be the only way to get new content, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked it.

The best fanfics are ways to explore the source material in new ways. That is exactly what we need. If we're actually up for doing reading, I think it could be a lot of fun. How do you guys feel about it?
If it keeps this thread to the bitter end.

No Kuvira slash nonsense, though.

Actually this is bad. Very very bad. I was planning on this thread to go on long enough so I'd actually have time to wait until my school semester ended where I could get the OT ready then when I didn't have to worry about school work. This is anything but a convenient time for me and I absolutely wont be able to work on it tomorrow if we really need it up that soon. Sorry, but i'm going to have to pass the torch. :(

So hear me out, though:
Rename it The Treehouse, we go about business as usual..

This suggestion always makes me laugh.

Toa TAK

Banned
Actually this is bad. Very very bad. I was planning on this thread going on long enough so it could get to the point where my school semester ended and I could get the OT ready then when I didn't have to worry about school work. This is anything but a convenient time for me and I absolutely wont be able to work on it tomorrow if we really need it up that soon. Sorry, but i'm going to have to pass the torch. :(

This suggestion always makes me laugh.
We can always wait, Icy.

Not sure how long the mods will let us act as free spirits in here. Next week in particular I have multiple essays due and a test scheduled. I say give me 2-3 weeks to get it together? For the time being, we can discuss whatever we need to discuss about the Avatar Community OT ITT.

Edit: I just got home from family event that I was at for the better part of the day and it's 1:40 here. I'm hittin the hay

Toa TAK

Banned
Not sure how long the mods will let us act as free spirits in here. Next week in particular I have multiple essays due and a test scheduled. I say give me 2-3 weeks to get it together? For the time being, we can discuss whatever we need to discuss about the Avatar Community OT ITT.

Edit: I just got home from family event that I was at for the better part of the day and it's 1:40 here. I'm hittin the hay
Nooooo. I will not abandon her. We can't leave this thread do soon.

Trey

Yo mods give us some time, we assumed no one watched this thread and were gonna let us prattle on until 20000 posts.

Thanks for understanding, red friends.

Toa TAK

Banned
Out of the two, Amon is the superior villian. At least his nonsensical backstory and motivation lasted longer than 23 seconds of exposition in the last 10 minutes of the entire season.

Daddy issues.
Yo mods give us some time, we assumed no one watched this thread and were gonna let us prattle on until 20000 posts.

Thanks for understanding, red friends.
And it still will reach 20000 posts, damn it.

No Kuvira slash nonsense, though.
But that's the only Korra fanfic I read. Stop looking at your bae like some sexless martyr. Damn this thread getting shut down. We had some fun times guys.
Any title suggestions?

AVATAR GAF - You either sink a crack ship, or sail long enough to become canon
JadedWriter: The Last Thirstbender.
Daddy issues.
Meanwhile Kuvira had mommy, daddy and adopted mother issues.

I have a suggestion for the OT's name (though considering I have only been on GAF for around a year, it may have already been done).

AVATAR |OT|: Four elements, one thread.

Soooo...are the soundtracks just never going to come out?

Nick, wat r u doing? Do you not like money?

Or are they just doing it to spite Bryke or something :/

Well, they did reduce their budget on the last season. Oh, and took them off prime time after or before Season 2. Then off TV entirely, but let it back on briefly after it was almost done or something like that.

Name suggestions: This canon fires itself , Daddy/Mommy/Adopted Mother Issues , Never go full Mako[L] , Where Borgs & Negative Edgelords reside , etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom