• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

slash3584

So after finishing the game and playing more than 100 hours I just noticed that the 4th entry in the "Ability Controls" menu is missing.

Any idea what this is?

Ok so I beat the game last week and have gone back a few times but don't really have the strong desire to. All the shrine quests that I have left I don't know how to complete so the only way to complete them would be to search the answer online. As for the regular side quests they seem very easy and the rewards pretty poor. Not really sure where to go from here. Any advice?

Just move on to a new game. Maybe come back when the DLC drops.

Ogodei

Mother of God. 118th shrine: discovery of Riverside Stable. 119th shrine: discovery of South Akkala Stable. Akkala Tower was like the second one I activated and I completely missed this one. I remember there was a huge thunderstorm when I got to the top and probably couldn't see it.

I expect the final battle to take place in a stable now.

One of the last shrines i found in the Lanayru region was the Wetland stable. Ironically because i was dragged off of the road the first time i went through that region by the shrine in the Wetland itself pinging my radar, and never had a reason to go back on the road until i started sweeping for missed shrines.

7roject28

This game needs staged endings. It has two endings but it's not enough for what the game does.

It needs:

An ending for doing all shrines.
One for beating all divine beasts.
One for getting the master sword.

Ganon should not be seen as properly defeated unless all things have been done. A bit like how DKC3 did it.

You know how many time lines that's gonna cause?

Dr. Worm

Banned
Reading the previous page makes me feel so much better about the Yunobo thing. I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused about it!

xviper

i only got 1 shrine left,
Saas Ko’sah
is it inside the castle ? can i get to the shrine without triggering the castle dungeon ?

gardfish

Did this last night; I honestly think this is the best sidequest in a Zelda game (yes, including Anju and Kafei).

I really don't understand all the love I'm seeing for this sidequest. It had some funny moments and the conclusion was nice, but it really didn't strike me as anything especially memorable.

Am I the only one that went full veggie in this game? I can't kill wild animals, and I'm even feeling bad when I kill bokoblins :/
I'm vegetarian IRL but have no problem killing animals in the game. I invoke the "it's a videogame" defense. If I felt bad about killing things in videogames, I really wouldn't be able to play many videogames.

Random story theory (SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY):
Everying up to the point where Link exits the Plateau actually happens, but the first person Link bumped into right after was the flower lady, who mortally wounded Link after he stepped on her flower patch three times. Everything else, including the beasts, the Final Battle, etc. is just a death dream. Turns out this game is way darker than Majora's Mask.

I'm 99% sure this is what happens, so don't try to convince me otherwise; I shall not budge.

Red

I'd argue that Wind Waker broke the portal rules, and did a lot to create a sense of really free travel, even if the far weaker hardware meant that they needed the empty patchs of water between places to limit the amount of geometry you need to handle.

In fact, I'm sure that they wanted to get rid of those portals, and that's the very reason Wind Waker is on a giant ocean.
That may have been the ambition with Wind Waker, but it was not the end result. In fact, Wind Waker more than any other 3D entry feels like it is split into distinct play areas. Each map square is its own chunk of content. It's like BotW if the overworld were completely flat and barren, and all of the real content was hidden in the shrines.

60+ hours in, started 12 days ago. And I feel like I caught my second wind. I was never bored, but yesterday was maybe the most fun day yet and I played more than any previous day. And now I feel obsessed all over again. Suddenly a Friday test in my hardest class is a terrifying thought with Zelda sitting there during 'study time'. I'm more into it now than I was a week ago.

Was going to get Persona on launch to split time between them. but that just seems silly now. I know I won't play until I finish Zelda.

God I'm so happy I'm not a student anymore, this game would've fucked my grades up so bad

Ninja Dom

I just got to the Akkala Region and I have to say that I'm a little disappointed at how little there is to do in such a big region. Hmmm.

Anteo

i only got 1 shrine left,
Saas Ko’sah
is it inside the castle ? can i get to the shrine without triggering the castle dungeon ?

No, but there is actually no "point of no return" so you are free to explore and leave when you want.

There is also no triggers or cutscenes, except
for the one memory

Edit: I guess the final boss fight room is the point of no return, but you can get to the door and still teleport out.

Jeffrey

It's so hard to be motivated to do shrines lol. I mean they are fun but at some point im good with my heart and stamina. Need other motivation.

Almost wished that they forced you to finish to unlock warp point xD

wartama

Neo Member
I'm loving this game in a way I haven't loved a game in ages. Playing through pretty slowly though.

My only real gripe is pop-in. I hate when I am looking through my telescope and can't see enemies that should be there.

That is the biggest problem for me as well. Before the patch, sometimes an enemy would pop up right next to me. It improved after the patch, but still it's difficult to scout an area from a hill.

Apt101

So all of those
metal crates
have rupees, fish, sometimes arrows and fruit in them. Drop them on top of each other to reveal the prizes.

Finally finished all 120 shrines. Kinda mean that one of them is inside
Hyrule Castle
. Also rather mean that the rewards you get aren't upgraded at all and require dragon parts to upgrade even once!

big_erk

OK this is odd: Goron quest:
So I went up the mountain with Yunobo, at one point I get to point 9 and well nothing.. There is a cannon but nothing to shoot at. So after trying about everything I read that every guide suggest shooting at Van Rudania but he simply isn't there. After a while I wonder off only to be told "where are you going" and have to start the whole thing over again :(. I realise now reading the quest I have to shoot him from the beginning probably and going to try it now but nothing before seems to make that clear?

If you had used an earlier cannon to make him move but were spotted by the sentries he will sometimes move back down to an earlier spot while on his rampage. Happened to me.

Minnow

At 117 shrines and have no clue how to get the last 3 I need :/
This is gonna break me. I think I have at least 1 kass shrine quest left but I have no idea where to look.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
One of Kass's quests
isn't a Shrine Quest
. If you've done all of his shrine quests, then you should know that one of those locations has a hint
alluding the others locations...
Refresh your memory there and compare them to the shrine locations.

Blatant spoiler:
I've done all Kass' quests as well. That was in reference to his
daughters' quest,
which is also a shrine quest.

I've all of his done.

Maiar_m

Finished the game today, 150+h, 110 shrines, 150 korok seeds. Can't wait for story DLC to hit, returning to this gem of a game will be delightful. It was an amazing journey. Even got me to write a review, something I hadn't done in 6+ years.

jariw

So all of those
metal crates
have rupees, fish, sometimes arrows and fruit in them. Drop them on top of each other to reveal the prizes.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that was demoed during E3 last year, because I knew about it when I started playing.

maxcriden

Screen froze completely when going to home menu. Like, froze during the game itself when I pressed the button twice too quickly I guess, froze whilst in-game with the sleep/airplane mode menu up. Kinda freaky, but a hard reboot (hold power x15 seconds per a website I found) shut down the system and it was all good at restart. Thankfully it's seemingly ok now. This happen to anyone else?

Red

Screen froze completely when going to home menu. Like, froze during the game itself when I pressed the button twice too quickly I guess, froze whilst in-game with the sleep/airplane mode menu up. Kinda freaky, but a hard reboot (hold power x15 seconds per a website I found) shut down the system and it was all good at restart. Thankfully it's seemingly ok now. This happen to anyone else?
I've had two hard locks in about 60 hours.

Also had a bug where I could not set up cryonis blocks. I switched to cryonis while using magnesis, then quickly switched back, and I could no longer freeze water. The button prompt would not appear. Had to restart.

Jeffrey

What's the best way to get rupies? Feel like you need like 50k to get everything useful lol.

Wonder if there is a side quest or something that is easy to exploit? Selling food is good but takes time to gather mat and cook.

Koren

We are doing the same. Well, except for fish, crabs and snails, though I realize it's hypocritical. We'll also eat meat if we come across it. So basically just not hunting mammals, birds, reptiles or amphibians. We do collect insects, too, though. I guess we don't find those as discomfiting as the ones we avoid hunting. We did accidentally kill an animal or two and re-loaded.
Well, you're even more into it than me...

I guess it's the wooden chests that respawn.
Interesting, I'll check if it's always the case...

Weapons in the shrines chests respawn as well IIRC.
Really? I've avoided taking weapons in the shrines, because I feared I could miss them forever, that's really interesting.

I'm vegetarian IRL but have no problem killing animals in the game. I invoke the "it's a videogame" defense. If I felt bad about killing things in videogames, I really wouldn't be able to play many videogames.
Well, it definitively kill my enjoyment in many games, and it's a reason I'm not enjoying modern games as much as older ones. Although I admit I'm an hypocrit, I couldn't hunt or fish IRL, I can't really cook meat, but I'm not vegetarian. :/

That may have been the ambition with Wind Waker, but it was not the end result. In fact, Wind Waker more than any other 3D entry feels like it is split into distinct play areas. Each map square is its own chunk of content. It's like BotW if the overworld were completely flat and barren, and all of the real content was hidden in the shrines.
I agree with the last sentence, but people can get different feelings from the game, I know it's segmented, but I felt completely free sailing the WW oceans, very like BotW. I really enjoy WW, partly because of this, even if dungeons are average (but well, they're to in BotW)

I love how some people "WHAT" are "But it's obvious" for others...

What's the best way to get rupies? Feel like you need like 50k to get everything useful lol.
I'd say
bowling
can get you a thousand rupees in a matter of minutes, but it's not the most funny thing to farm after some time.

KahooTs

Why would shrines be worse in certain locations though? Most are completely separate from the location and the devs could have developed them in isolation before randomly scattering them in their desired locations?
They could have done that, but it's an assumption that they did. And it's not entirely true, for instance dueling peaks shrines were
dependant on their outworld location
, and there's not a shrine (inner puzzle(s)) in the north west area that comes close to matching it for imagination.

robochimp

It's so hard to be motivated to do shrines lol. I mean they are fun but at some point im good with my heart and stamina. Need other motivation.

Almost wished that they forced you to finish to unlock warp point xD

Can you imagine if they had regular dungeons in this game? I'm glad they kept the shrines short and sweet.

Jeffrey

Can you imagine if they had regular dungeons in this game? I'm glad they kept the shrines short and sweet.
I just hate how many loads and cutscenes are for each even though you can skip.

Especially for the ones that are just a "reward" for a side quest and has no puzzles lol

pringles

Wow I just got super lucky. I saw Kass up on an elevated position and was running towards him, just then I saw
a Blood Moon rising
. Hurried up to Kass and it turns out
he had a quest that required a Blood Moon
. That could have turned into a frustrating quest if not for that coincidence.

jchap

Wow I just got super lucky. I saw Kass up on an elevated position and was running towards him, just then I saw
a Blood Moon rising

Same thing happened to me. Getting near him with that quest available might trigger one.

KevinG

a Blood Moon rising

It is frustrating if not for that conincidence. Haha.

Apt101

Ugh super hot areas suuuuuck. Just burn up half my gear and waste my increased heart food why don't ya?!

At least the shrine was fun. *shrug*

KayMote

Wow! I guess I was in the camp of the people who were a bit let down by the dungeons (loved the mechanics behind them, but felt that some potential was wasted), but man! Nintendo really outdid itself with Ganon's Castle as the final dungeon!

After 200 hours I finally entered it (I already beat Ganon once after two dungeons around 100 hours ago lol, but then I never really explored the castle and instead just sneaked my way off to the final boss) - I have 355 Korok Seeds, all memories, all shrines, everything upgraded, I was emotionally ready to enter the castle and now after 200 hours the game is still blowing my mind with this final area!

It's huge! I've been running around under and inside it for almost 2 hours now and I feel like I barely have scratched the surface of this area! I also love the many secrets, some story bits, tough enemies and the swelling music as the perfect epic companian! I couldn't image a better conclusion for this game. I will be so damn sad when this will be over, so I guess I'll try to enjoy the last final 2-3 hours with this game with all my heart :')

Top Bottom