• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

Is there anyway to increase picture capacity ?

Not that I know of, but if you're playing on the Switch, just use the system-level picture button. You can go out of the game and into your Album without closing the game.

And the pictures are way better. The in-game gallery has those huge borders.

maxcriden

I haven't done it personally, but an NPC told me that it makes
good food
out what would be
dubious food
. So, I imagine that means mixing
Elixir and Food ingredients while adding Monster Elixir.

Isn't that how you make monstrous meals? I think you just cook normal meals with it and with some recipes you'll get a stronger, "monstrous" version. I remember doing it once but I don't recall what recipe I used.

There is a quest in Tarrey Town that uses that ingredient. The quest dialogue highlights it, so you just need to put 2+2 together.

Thanks all! Arttemis, I forgot the NPC said that specifically- that should definitely help. Thank you. Skittzo, thanks man, they did say this is how you make monstrous meals but the stuff we attempted it with still became dubious.. but maybe we didn't properly try it in the way Arttemis suggests. So we'll give it another shot! And thanks ag-my001 for the tip also, I don't think we've hit that part of the Tarrey Town overall quest yet.

I've had two hard locks in about 60 hours.

Also had a bug where I could not set up cryonis blocks. I switched to cryonis while using magnesis, then quickly switched back, and I could no longer freeze water. The button prompt would not appear. Had to restart.

Thanks man, glad to know it's not just us. Hopefully we can all be glitch-free from now on!

Not that I know of, but if you're playing on the Switch, just use the system-level picture button. You can go out of the game and into your Album without closing the game.

And the pictures are way better. The in-game gallery has those huge borders.

That's a good tip vis a vis just screenshot functionality, thanks man. The problem is though for the Hyrule Compendium when you're trying to complete it and have to kind of slowly delete one pic at a time so you have space to take more pics for the Compendium. I think it would be best if they gave you the save/delete pic option automatically after taking a new Compendium pic; I think the way it is now for new Compendium pics they either auto-save it or only ask you before it's entered into the Compendium. So, it's a bit of a hassle.

Apt101

I love ice wizzarobes. I just start a fire then torch them / fire arrow them. They always seem to die in one hit. Now if only I could find out how to make ice arrows on the fly....

maxcriden

Ugh super hot areas suuuuuck. Just burn up half my gear and waste my increased heart food why don't ya?!

At least the shrine was fun. *shrug*

Is this the shrine that in order to get to you
do something you do at an amusement park?
That's gotta be one of my favorite overall shrines.

I love ice wizzarobes. I just start a fire then torch them / fire arrow them. They always seem to die in one hit. Now if only I could find out how to make ice arrows on the fly....

By that same token, one ice arrow demolishes a fire wizzrobe. That's especially handy if you're seeking the ones that have not
fire rods[/b] but in fact the amazing
meteor rods

Shaanyboi

Banned
I think I'm only starting to get over hoarding some of my more unique weapons. I found a Great Flamesword SUPER early in the game and never touched it. Now that I know weapons respawn in the overworld etc., if I can find where the ice swords and thunder swords appear regularly, I can feel a lot more freed to use them whenever.

Still though... I wish you had a chest or something to stash your excess weapons.

Wagram

Wow, the
Rito
story, dungeon, and boss seemed incredibly rushy to me. I went in and out of the entire thing in less than an hour. Dungeon was cool for what it was, but really short.

The bosses in this game are poor though based on the two i've fought. Not very well thought out at all.

Majukun

suddenly the game decided to strat getting glitchy on me..first i get a blood moon at 11 a.m. ...second my horse decides to jump into the river and while able to swim ashore,it was unable to run from the shallow water to the land,so i could get on it but he would run in place...

60+ hours in, started 12 days ago. And I feel like I caught my second wind. I was never bored, but yesterday was maybe the most fun day yet and I played more than any previous day. And now I feel obsessed all over again. Suddenly a Friday test in my hardest class is a terrifying thought with Zelda sitting there during 'study time'. I'm more into it now than I was a week ago.

Was going to get Persona on launch to split time between them. but that just seems silly now. I know I won't play until I finish Zelda.

I play this game almost regularly for multiple hours a day. Trying to savor every little bit I can before the endgame. Binging during launch weekend was such a crazy experience. So what I barely slept and my eyes were hurting. I just couldnt put this game down.

Just did the pilgrimage. It was dumb and funny although good that I did it on my third try otherwise it would've been annoying for sure.

Wow, the
Rito
story, dungeon, and boss seemed incredibly rushy to me. I went in and out of the entire thing in less than an hour. Dungeon was cool for what it was, but really short.

The bosses in this game are poor though based on the two i've fought. Not very well thought out at all.

Yep. The dungeons and the ending were a downer to me.

LotusHD

Banned
Yep. The dungeons and the ending were a downer to me.

Yea like I finished, and then I'm like... Oh, that's it huh. Despite me loving everything else, it kinda made for a sour note. But that's just how I've always been, the ending of a movie/show/game weighs heavily on me.

That being said, everything else was virtually perfect for me (open world, physics, shrines, etc.), so as many others have said, the next game merely needs to have a stronger focus regarding the story, and something closer to the past dungeons. Or
at least more stuff like Hyrule Castle. I really enjoyed exploring it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Wow, the
Rito

Not well thought out = not relying on gimmick item crutch

SeanR1221

I was going around hyrule castle killing guardians for parts and accidentally walked into the final boss fight and just beat the game without intending to

I was going around hyrule castle killing guardians for parts and accidentally walked into the final boss fight and just beat the game without intending to
I did the same thing, only 3 hearts and no divine beast done. I didn't expect multiple entrances to the boss, I literally flew through a window.

Hardest Fight ever in Zelda for me, which is why I love the Final boss. Previous Zelda game had cool Last boss fights, but way to easy

Yo the cave in Breman Peak is cozy as fuck. Holy shit Im just making campfires and roasting fish like I live here.

Its raining outside too omfg. I wish I could VR this.

Jeffrey

Do rods break from normal use? All mine broke from accidentally hitting things.

Also anyone else have this issue with switch pro controller? I seem to frequently hit the crouch button when trying to do back flips lol. Think I'm pushing the stick down too hard but never had this issue with other controllers.

--Potential slight spoiler warning--

Wow, so I was trying to complete the rest of the memories I was missing after freeing the 4
divine beasts
, and found myself next to
Hyrule Castle
when I remembered people in the first OT talking about the sweet loot in there. I figured I'd run in an at least grab that shield everyone talks about, see what's up

I scaled my way up from the north side of the castle, set a korok free, then climbed a little more up to a window, took three steps, and next thing I know a cutscene is triggered and I'm
falling through the fucking floor to fight Ganon

Is this normal, or did I fuck up and accidentally enter the one spot that triggers the fight? I didn't look at the map at all, really, since it barely popped up by the time I was in there.

I was definitely planning on completing quite a bit more side quests and shrines and stuff before ever doing this. That said, if I do decide to just finish this up
at the outside phase now
, will I still have the ability to do it again after I complete the shrines/memories?

Thanks for the help. I'm sorry if what I'm asking is widely known; I've been avoiding pretty much all major discussions/spoilers on the game.

Edit: of course some people are discussing this a little right above me, sorry for being that asshole.

mcfrank

Wow, so I was trying to complete the rest of the memories I was missing after freeing the 4
divine beasts
Hyrule Castle
when I remembered people in the first OT talking about the sweet loot in there. I figured I'd run in an at least grab that shield everyone talks about, see what's up

I scaled my way up from the north side of the castle, set a korok free, then climbed a little more up to a window, took three steps, and next thing I know a cutscene is triggered and I'm

Is this normal, or did I fuck up and accidentally enter the one spot that triggers the fight? I didn't look at the map at all, really, since it barely popped up by the time I was in there.

I was definitely planning on completing quite a bit more side quests and shrines and stuff before ever doing this. That said, if I do decide to just finish this up
at the outside phase now
, will I still have the ability to do it again after I complete the shrines/memories?

Thanks for the help. I'm sorry if what I'm asking is widely known; I've been avoiding pretty much all major discussions/spoilers on the game.

Edit: of course some people are discussing this a little right above me, sorry for being that asshole.

You went to the big glowing orange spot on the map. Yes you can continue after, but you will see the incomplete ending.

Does anyone have the hardbound guide for this game? Is it worth it?

For the art and stuff, not as a guide. I'm almost done with the game already. I guess it would be cool if it was in-depth enough to list the inventory at all the Beedle shops and stuff.

Anyone?

Jeffrey

So are memories worth doing? These cutscenes have been underwhelming. I assume there is some reward?

BTW besides the shadow Ganon bosses does the
master sword
power up against anything else?

I found the
giant horse
yesterday. LOL wut.
I took it to a stable and now have a big ass horse to ride around on. It's amazing.

The korok seed at breman peak was awesome. I lined up 3 ice blocks and then threw the rock on them, sliding it into the hole. That took so much planning and effort but it was worth it.

You went to the big glowing orange spot on the map. Yes you can continue after, but you will see the incomplete ending.

Right, thanks. I just didn't look at the map since it was all of 15 seconds before it happened-- I just meant to go exploring a little and didn't expect to be able to literally fly in a window directly to the final boss.

I'll be able to fight it again after collecting everything for the complete ending, then? Seems like it's not a big deal at all-- I would have tried this ages ago.

Stopdoor

divine beasts
Hyrule Castle

at the outside phase now

Yeah, the map marks the spot at the top area of the castle, and when the text says
Sanctum, that means you shouldn't go any farther. Otherwise you can freely explore the rest of the castle, the trigger spot is that single room and you just got unlucky I guess.

There's no sort of penalty for doing the final boss at any point, when you're done it just resets you outside the Sanctum with a star on your profile that saves some things like Compendium pictures. You can re-do the fight at any point.

xviper

finished this masterpiece

this is the best Zelda game and the best Nintendo game EVER
it truly is a remarkable achievement in the gaming industry

it gives you the true definition of Adventure that no game has ever done until BOTW, gives you the freedom to do whatever you want and when you want, this is the freedom i wanted in a video game

BOTW is like the most video game video game ever

i'll start with what the game does right

+ the best open world exploration EVER, exploring the huge world of BOTW was so much fun and addicting, unlike games like Skyrim and Witcher 3, i love them both but when you explore their world you're mostly gonna be bored in few hours, in BOTW, it's so much fun and addicting that i didn't even want to use Fast travel, when you see the world in the trailers you would think it's empty like MGS V and FFXV, but no, there is so much things to do and discover, FUN things not boring typical things like in Ubisoft games

+ the shrines, holy shit, the damn brilliant shrines, how did they make them ?? so much creativity in such a huge game, i think if they released a game with the shrines in BOTW alone, it would still be a masterpiece

+ the loot is so awesome and there is so much things to find and add to your inventory, unlike Horizon where there is not a single weapon to find in the world

+ huge variety in gameplay mechanics, you can stealth, you can surf, you can drop things on enemies, you can use the weather to your advantage, i had a helm that protects me from lightning, so i got near an enemy and let the lightning hit me, ofcourse i got nothing thanks to the helm but the poor enemy has turned into a steak, there is much more to be discovered

+ the variety of the world, there is lava, ice, jungle...Etc, just like we are used in the Zelda series

+ the Korok seeds puzzles, there is 900 of them, and no, they are not all the same, they are different, creative, and can be found in the most unexpected places

+ the mini games are so damn good and varied from Sand-seal racing, snowling, surfing and more

+ the shrine quests, those are my favorite part of the game, they are so UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE good, so much of them and they are the most creative riddles i have played in a video game

+ the game is challenging this time especially in the beginning, in previous Zelda games, when you fight a boss, you can kill him without touching you, usually with the 3 hit kill, but in BOTW, if you are not prepared you will get your ass kicked

i know there is much more to be talk about concerning the positives of this masterpiece

now i'll list the negatives, every great game has flaws( except RE4 )

- the "Dungeons" i don't know why nintendo decided to change and ruin the best thing in the Zelda games, they ruined everyhing that was good in the Dungeons, no more keys, no more varied environment, no more mini-boss room, no more boss room, the boss nearly has no tactics, all the bosses look and fight almost the same, the "Dungeon is small AF and it's always inside a machine, and there is no enemies, it's so bad and dead inside, what a shame

- the whole bosses of the game, they really disappointed me with this, Zelda games bosses were amazing and had unique ways to kill them, now they turned them into a normal enemy with huge health with no unique way to kill

final score: 10\10

despite it's flaws, the game gave me an amazing experience that no game ever did, which is exploring a huge world and actually loving it without looking for fast travel

Nintendo has created one of the greatest game of all time, i have never been this addicted to game in my whole life, i woke up, turn my wii u even before going to the bathroom so i can charge my controller, play for at least 15 hours straight, NEVER BORED, i only stop because i'm exhausted and need to sleep, even when on breaks like eating, i think about the game and where to go next on my adventure

my Game of the generation remains The witcher 3, if BOTW had Dungeons like Twilight princess, it would have surpassed Witcher 3, but BOTW is now my second favorie game of the generation, surpassed MGS V

i hope in the next 6 years when we get a new Zelda game, they keep everything from BOTW and focus on the Dungeons and make them like the classics ones

i cannot wait to see what Nintendo do in the next Zelda game, i know many won't agree with me, but i hope they do nothing like Majora's mask

Arttemis

Digital or physical? 🤔
Physical Switch games load the slowest of all options. Digital copies stored in system memory are the fastest.

Off the top of my head, load time comparisons were something like:
10s system memory
12s MicroSD card
13s physical cart

En-ou

I think I'm only starting to get over hoarding some of my more unique weapons. I found a Great Flamesword SUPER early in the game and never touched it. Now that I know weapons respawn in the overworld etc., if I can find where the ice swords and thunder swords appear regularly, I can feel a lot more freed to use them whenever.

Still though... I wish you had a chest or something to stash your excess weapons.
Then it would undermine exploring. The overworld itself is your stash since items respawn.

Yeah, the map marks the spot at the top area of the castle, and when the text says
Sanctum, that means you shouldn't go any farther. Otherwise you can freely explore the rest of the castle, the trigger spot is that single room and you just got unlucky I guess.

There's no sort of penalty for doing the final boss at any point, when you're done it just resets you outside the Sanctum with a star on your profile that saves some things like Compendium pictures. You can re-do the fight at any point.

Thanks!

I actually just went through with it, out of some dumb compulsion. Seems obvious that it's
not the true ending
as pointed out, which is nice, but the second portion of the fight was disappointingly simple. Which is fine-- the game as a whole surpasses its few shortcomings.

Firebrand

So all of those
metal crates
have rupees, fish, sometimes arrows and fruit in them. Drop them on top of each other to reveal the prizes.

I'll second the "WHAT" on this one, lol. So they just go poof, or do they break through physics?

I know it's gotta be old news and all, but I recently discovered that you can cut off the legs of the Guardians that are running about. Gets them stuck in one spot and easy to pick off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1fhjOayGq4
That's how I dealt with them. I never figured out you could
parry their beam
until after I beat the game.

Top Bottom