• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

I thought of Cast Away.

Haha same. She sure moved on quick though.

That was a fun quest. Its bittersweet because now I have only 7 more shrines left to unlock :(

I also found a crap ton of korok seeds. You just get into a rhythm and start discovering these little secrets hidden away in this world. So many secret pathways and walls you can break and little hills to climb over. You just gotta be observant.

I keep thinking I'm invincible, and yet from time to time
Mipha's Grace
gets triggered. Perhaps I'm not the hotshot I think I am?!?!?

maxcriden

Shit, I should just do this. I've been bombing the, but that always sends me scattering to scrounge up whatever was inside.

I think the materials seem to scatter just as much with either method, but I may be misremembering or not paying enough attention. On a similar note it is really not fun to come across ore on a ledge, especially over water, where no matter where you place a bomb it seems to go flying too far to obtain (into the water) or be worth heading down. Especially in a rainy area.

Speaking of, how often are you all finding diamonds? We've found...9? In 85 hours or so.

I keep thinking I'm invincible, and yet from time to time
Mipha's Grace
gets triggered. Perhaps I'm not the hotshot I think I am?!?!?

Thats the only reason I havent had any game overs in like 70-80 hours. That and eating a crap ton of food. Im considering shutting it off for maximum difficulty.

Boney

Banned
111 shrines and 415 koroks.

I don't understand how there's supposedely over half missing! And boy these 9 shrines are going to be a bitch ain't it.

Also, I'm disappointed there's no water skiing of sorts.

Haha same. She sure moved on quick though.

That was a fun quest. Its bittersweet because now I have only 7 more shrines left to unlock :(

I also found a crap ton of korok seeds. You just get into a rhythm and start discovering these little secrets hidden away in this world. So many secret pathways and walls you can break and little hills to climb over. You just gotta be observant.

I guess you are exploring the southeast region for the remaining shrines? There's one well-hidden shrine there. Hope you looking forward to it.

Yes, I love the Koroks seeds, especially those involving fruit trees.

Holy shit, the Test of Wood is a huge asshole.

The blind corner octorocks that knock you into a bog. The ice archer stalfos that freeze you then knock you into a bog. The apparent shortcuts that turn out to be out of bounds. THE GODDAMNED ELECTRIC KEESE HIDING IN A JAR. This trial is just designed to be infuriating.

duckroll

All of the short Zoras are, aren't they?

What complicates matters is their lifespan. An adult Zora is "less than a hundred years old". It has never really been stated how old the kid looking Zoras are, but even though they are "children" to other Zora, some of them seem to be older than what most humans (Hylians?) consider a child or teenager. Genetics in Hyrule is weird!

I'm pretty one told me they were an adult, just haven't physically grown yet. They said they were older then Link

That seems pretty unlikely since Link is over a hundred years old. Unless they don't count cryo!

Red

It still does. I think the Plateau is really an ingenious vertical slice of the game at large. It's extra dense, even considering how dense the entire game is in design. The Plateau in particular is very tight and packed with a combination of elements specifically meant to introduce the player to what to expect in the larger world.
I was looking at the snow peak from Lake Tower and it seemed like nothing. It's a tiny hill. And yet when I first climbed it, it seemed so daunting.

m051293

Just beat Ganon.

Over 195 hours. All shrines, I counted 75 quests and 41 shrine quests. Most of the stuff upgraded.

Ending was ok, nothing great. I didn't get the connection at all to the silent princess flower they said was part of the story. Maybe I missed something.

Where do I see the percentage?

Eh, it was supposed to be subtle.

If you saw the Silent Princess memory, Zelda described the flower as being unable to be domesticated, thriving only in the wild. It's meant to represent her feeling out of her element in trying to awaken her "holy power" and feeling more at home with her research/archaeology/etc. It supposedly goes extinct after the Calamity event (as do Zelda and Link).

But it then reappears alongside Link while you play through the current-day timeline. They're usually found in "magical" places - around fairy fountains, around the Master Sword pedestal, and on Satori Mountain. Then when you get to Zelda's wing of the castle, you find one growing in her room, meaning she did manage to domesticate one and it may be possible that spores from this flower spread and and lead to those other ones showing up.

Additionally, the flower seems to be symbolic in-game/world as well. There's a couple that seems to be on a hunt for them as they claim it to be a symbol of love and want to reinforce their relationship or something of that nature (can't remember the exact quote). Couple that with the "true ending" scene of Link/Zelda reunited, Link running towards her midst a whole field of Silent Princesses and the obvious connotation there is that the flower is also representative of their romance.

I haven't completed the game yet so I'd wager there's probably even more detail hidden in small scenes/interactions.

I got to Rito Village and raced the kids home during sunset. I won so its now my home. Yall can roost somewhere else, losers!

I guess you are exploring the southeast region for the remaining shrines? There's one well-hidden shrine there. Hope you looking forward to it.

Yes, I love the Koroks seeds, especially those involving fruit trees.

Yup! Looks like I completely forgot to explore the Lake Tower and Faron regions. Ive seen a few parts but left large chunks unexplored. All of north eastern Faron is new to me right now. Crazy.

What complicates matters is their lifespan. An adult Zora is "less than a hundred years old". It has never really been stated how old the kid looking Zoras are, but even though they are "children" to other Zora, some of them seem to be older than what most humans (Hylians?) consider a child or teenager. Genetics in Hyrule is weird!

On top of that, Urbosa, who lived 100 years ago as a grown woman, left behind her daughter, who looks like a tween @_@

That seems pretty unlikely since Link is over a hundred years old. Unless they don't count cryo!

Now I'm wondering how old was Mipha. Ahh whatever,
Genetics in Hyrule is weird.

Kamina

Golden Boy
When did Zora becomes elves anyway? They seemed to age normally in OoT.
We only had one Zora age in OoT and that was Ruto becoming an Adult within 7 years. It might very well be like it is now in Botw. with the kids.
Personally i like to believe that they have about twice the Hylian lifespan, so about 200 years.

Crayolan

When did Zora becomes elves anyway? They seemed to age normally in OoT.

In retrospect Ruto wanting to get married when she looked like she was 13 or something makes a lot more sense now that we know how long Zoras live. And 7 years is just long enough that it's believable she could have a growth spurt in that time.

Not that nintendo cares about continuity or anything.

HF2014

Ok, after playing nearly 200 hours, im going to give a conplain, and hoping nintendo could make a little adjustment. Am i the only one that the freakin sheikah sensor sound is getting on my nerves? I litterally cant hear it anymore. Please Nintendo, create some new sound effect so it can be less annoying to my ears. ( And yes turning it off resolve the problem, but i just want some customizable sounds for it... )

Menitta

I played a few hours of Zelda today and it's really good, but man after you get the
paraglider
the difficulty jumps. The beginning is quite easy.

pls tell me oktoroks
disguised as chests
aren't a common enemy

I read theres a way of keeping the Sheikah Sensor on but turning the noise off, where is that option? Wish there was an icon for items in that you are in range of picking up, and aren't in your compendium.

Anteo

Ok, after playing nearly 200 hours, im going to give a conplain, and hoping nintendo could make a little adjustment. Am i the only one that the freakin sheikah sensor sound is getting on my nerves? I litterally cant hear it anymore. Please Nintendo, create some new sound effect so it can be less annoying to my ears. ( And yes turning it off resolve the problem, but i just want some customizable sounds for it... )

Hey listen!

Hey listen!

Hey listen!

Hey listen!

As dlc.

Crayolan

pls tell me oktoroks
disguised as chests
aren't a common enemy

I read theres a way of keeping the Sheikah Sensor on but turning the noise off, where is that option? Wish there was an icon for items in that you are in range of picking up, and aren't in your compendium.

They're pretty rare, which means they almost always catch you off guard.

Having trouble with shrine, ' Kema Kosassa Shrine" , " A major test of strength"

Basically, my weapons are not good enough because they don't do enough damage, and I'm using a 50dmg sword. Should I just leave it as it is and come back later or try some new techniques? There's water on the floor but I don't have shock arrows at the moment.

Went back to Goron City for some spice and ended up starting two new sidequests that I didnt know existed. Seeing NPCs with the red "!" gets me so freakin excited, especially 160 hours in.

duckroll

Having trouble with shrine, ' Kema Kosassa Shrine" , " A major test of strength"

Basically, my weapons are not good enough because they don't do enough damage, and I'm using a 50dmg sword. Should I just leave it as it is and come back later or try some new techniques? There's water on the floor but I don't have shock arrows at the moment.

Wear barbarian armor or use an attack up food/potion. Then use upgraded statis on it. Attack away. Run to recharge statis. Repeat. Easiest fights ever.

Boney

Banned
So are rito and Zora no longer connected as a race as wind waker implies?

You should be more than fine with that attack power. Just don't over extend the two handed swings, try to get the dodge slow motion when it attacks or rely on the charged spin to move behind it dealing massive damage. You can just dash out of the way for his charge and major laser blast and for the area attack just retreat and then glide with the draft for a falling strike fhat stuns them. A 50 2h sword should do 60% before breaking probably.

You can cook razorshrooms or other similar stuff for attack or defense buffs if you're inclined to.

Wear barbarian armor or use an attack up food/potion. Then use upgraded statis on it. Attack away. Run to recharge statis. Repeat. Easiest fights ever.

You make it sound easy, I'm still fairly weak!. Don't have that barbarian armour, just some basic stuff I bought from a village. So you can use statis on enemies? Need better potions too.

random25

pls tell me oktoroks
disguised as chests
aren't a common enemy

They are mixed up usually when there's sand.

duckroll

You make it sound easy, I'm still fairly week!. Don't have that barbarian armour, just some basic stuff I bought from a village. So you can use statis on enemies? Need better potions too.

If you have a 50 attack weapon you're not weak. I stayed the hell away from Major Test shrines for the longest time too because they seemed hard. But they are really not. You need upgraded Statis to use it on enemies tho.

This Yiga hideout section is awful.

No checkpoints?

And you can't save too. So you have to
stealth your way with bananas through it?

If you have a 50 attack weapon you're not weak. I stayed the hell away from Major Test shrines for the longest time too because they seemed hard. But they are really not. You need upgraded Statis to use it on enemies tho.

Ok, Upgrading it will be my next thing on the list. Thanks.

Top Bottom