• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

Right now every time I replay a major test of strength, I simply repeat switching between great iceblade and thunderbalde. The small guardins wont move at all.

Got

Banned
Whelp, just beat it. 70 or more hours, about 70 shrines, a handful of memories, and holy shit is this the best game I've ever played. Link to the Past was my previous favorite ever but this one blows it away and that's fucking impressive to say the least. goddamn. now the waiting game begins until the next one. thanks nintendo for making such a stellar piece of entertainment.

Anyone know how many shrines there are that can't be detected by the shrine radar and also don't have a "shrine quest" associated with them?

The only one I know about is
the one in hyrule castle
. Unless there is a quest for that I missed?

Stay up high and drop bananas. I would also wear the shiekah outfit to dampen sound/look cool.

Too bad you can't lean up against the walls MGS style. I hope the area isn't too big since you can't save/no checkpoints. I attempted it a few times though, still haven't got through it.

Anteo

Too bad you can't lean up against the walls MGS style. I hope the area isn't too big since you can't save/no checkpoints. I attempted it a few times though, still haven't got through it.

The area is super small dont worry.

I beat it by using bananas and sneak attacks. The guards have really bad vision, you can be crouching at their sides and they wont see you.

Nyoro SF

The Yiga section is super easy with Sheika armor. You can one-shot sneak kill everyone.

Hell, even a decent Stealth potion is good enough.
They give you so many options!
I suppose it would be hard if you ignored all NPC text, like a few streamers like to do...

The area is super small dont worry.

I beat it by using bananas and sneak attacks. The guards have really bad vision, you can be crouching at their sides and they wont see you.

That's what I done when I attempted it. I'd distract them with a banana, then use the sneak attack. If they spot you thought it's pretty much game over.

jepense

There are only 2 stealth rooms. The first is basically a tutorial room and the next one is the only proper stealth room. There are many ways to distract or disable the soldiers, so experiment. (It's a good idea to experiment in the first room, so you know what works in the second one.)
Also, I think you can just bypass the entire thing by climbing the mountain, because the end is not inside the hideout. Not sure if that triggers the event though.

Zips

A major test of strength shrine was something around the 7th shrine I did, shortly after leaving the plateau. I hadn't even visited a town yet. It was the one hidden in the
dock
of the castle

It took me two or three tries, I think, and I almost ran out of weapons, but I was able to take it down. I'm no expert player, so it's definitely possible. By the time I found it I had managed to ransack the castle a bit for some better weapons/shields, and had beaten a minor or moderate test already so I had a weaker guardian weapon or two with me.

I seem to recall just barely managing to finish it off with bomb arrows I had gotten from chests in the area.

Being more familiar with the game now, the tests are all basically jokes now though. Even the death laser spam at the end it turns out is easy to deal with.

Finished the game. Hyrule castle was amazing. The final boss not so much. The second part, wtf was that. Never has a zelda game had anything that pathetic, it practically wasn't a boss, it was a semi interactive cutscene with zero challenge.

Great game, I have a ton of issues with it and yet this is still a great direction the series took. I'll write up a big review tomorrow. But it's my least favorite 3D zelda.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
It makes me so excited to know that Nintendo is working on DLC for this game right now. I'll still spend another 50 hours with the game as it stands now, but that's gonna be great for later this year.

LotusHD

Banned
Finished the game. Hyrule castle was amazing. The final boss not so much. The second part, wtf was that. Never has a zelda game had anything that pathetic, it practically wasn't a boss, it was a semi interactive cutscene with zero challenge.

Great game, I have a ton of issues with it and yet this is still a great direction the series took. I'll write up a big review tomorrow. But it's my least favorite 3D zelda.

Yea the boss was pretty lame...

They're pretty rare, which means they almost always catch you off guard.

They're quite common in the Gerudo Highlands. Lots of treasure chests lying around up there, and about a third of them are Octoroks.

Outside of that, though, I don't know if I've ever seen one.

That's what I done when I attempted it. I'd distract them with a banana, then use the sneak attack. If they spot you thought it's pretty much game over.

Ha! I killed all of them at once, in a fair fight! ...which is to say, I found a spot up in the rafters where they couldn't get to me, and I shot them in their faces over and over again. Boy, were they mad.

So my pro controller came today and I realized how much better the game controls with it. I didn't have any issues with the joycons but holy crap, I feel much more in control of link with the pro controller.

Got

Banned
That's how. You can only reload the save before the final boss, it will have a star denoting that you beat him. You can't explore Hyrule post Calamity.

ahhh, okay. cool. hopefully an update fixes that. I'd like to explore a cleaned up world.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Killed a horse.... It was heartbreaking how it just layed there limp. It didnt choose to be a monster mount
..... :(

Killed a horse.... It was heartbreaking how it just layed there limp. It didnt choose to be a monster mount
..... :(

I was trying to steal a horse from a monster and the monster killed it. I knew they could die but that's the first time I saw it. I ended up having to steal another one.

random25

Spent 3 hours in Eldin and I found just one Korok seed. Either theyre barely here or they're extremely well hidden.

There are more rock-related puzzles in Eldin than any other kinds of Korok puzzles. I only saw a pinwheel puzzle once, and the rest are lifting rocks.

Wait a minute. I've played 90-100 hours and defeated Ganon but I just read online you can hurl items including ingredients or food? HOW? I'm pretty sure I tried pressing r while holding items. Can you only hurl them if you only carry one item?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Wait a minute. I've played 90-100 hours and defeated Ganon but I just read online you can hurl items including ingredients or food? HOW? I'm pretty sure I tried pressing r while holding items. Can you only hurl them if you only carry one item?
Maybe they mean adjusting your drop item distance into a throw.

It took me 2 plus hours of wandering the immediate area but I finally rediscovered that white horse. I mean I found a shrine and a dozen Korok seeds for my trouble but fucking hell.

PSA for anyone who thought to use the Sheikah sensor: The white horse cannot be sensed when targetting horses for some reason.

random25

It took me 2 plus hours of wandering the immediate area but I finally rediscovered that white horse. I mean I found a shrine and a dozen Korok seeds for my trouble but fucking hell.

PSA for anyone who thought to use the Sheikah sensor: The white horse cannot be sensed when targetting horses for some reason.

The White Horse has a separate compendium entry of its own.

sanstesy

Of course not!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You can still explore

Ok, after playing nearly 200 hours, im going to give a conplain, and hoping nintendo could make a little adjustment. Am i the only one that the freakin sheikah sensor sound is getting on my nerves? I litterally cant hear it anymore. Please Nintendo, create some new sound effect so it can be less annoying to my ears. ( And yes turning it off resolve the problem, but i just want some customizable sounds for it... )

Made me turn it off after 20 minutes. It's annoying, shrill and repeats far too often. Especially as it triggers quite far out, so even if you're walking in the right direction it'll long your ears off before you get to the shrine. I wish it could be turned off but keep a visual cue.

I need to work on parrying. Never bothered after the training shrine. I thought I did it once against a guardian but the beam flew off at an angle, missed the guardian and their second shot destroyed my shield and set me on fire

Top Bottom