• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Monster Cake and a Quest
Ya know, this quest it still quite unsettling, did I just turn a little girl evil? I mean I saved her life but...
I don't think so. The little girl had her unpleasant replies even before
you gave her the cake.

Umibozu

Beat the game. Went in guns a blazing, shooting ancient arrows from my savage lynel bow at anything that moved.
Ganon
wasn't too hard.

All in all a good game.
120 shrines
181 korok seeds
Over 115 hours

Edit: don't want to spoil for anybody

Did you just spoil the last boss?

O4RuZ47.gif

sdjfhksdjf I knew I shouldn't have come. I hate GAF OTs.

Bagu

Why are there no Darknuts? Why are there no Iron Knuckles? They skipped enemies that are perfect for this game. AGAIN! They were perfect for Skyward Sword too!

90 hours in, I was ready to storm Hyrule Castle, and I stumbled upon Lurelin Village....

90 hours in and this game still continues to surprise me.

Golnei

Would be awesome if a sequel brought back the Ocarina or some instrument. The song of storms would've been pretty handy to create thunder storms to use in certain scenarios as well as using the rain to shield surf more.

It doesn't quite apply to a sequel, but if there was any sort of instrument in this game, integrating it into the Slate would be more elegant than having a separate item. Being able to play it as a theremin would be pretty unique; though it could easily lead to an unpopular implementation of motion controls...

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Overrated sounds maybe too negative, maybe I should call it rated too highly.

for what Nintendo was able to achieve with this game, it's a legitimate 10/10 to me. There are certain things that need to be ironed out, and one huge issue I have with it (Zelda lore is truly ridiculously simple, really needs a proper multilayered, multifaceted and deep history, especially with a world so immensely big...in short, take a clue from TES) isn't enough to cloud my judgement, because even after like, 90 hours I just can't stop playing it and this is from someone who's jaded as hell after 30 years of gaming

Wagram

Oh, look at this nice and shiny switch up here at the end of a hallway. Wack!

FUCK
IT'S A PIT OF LAVA.

Reading this thread I can't seem to shake off the question to you players if this game with 97% on average is a bit... overrated?

I think it's overrated to be honest. There's a ton of flaws I can point out, but it's still a very fun game.

Boney

Banned
453 koroks.

Enlarged all my stashes! Naiiiiiice ♫

Exploring Satori Mountain was a revelation. Just gleeful experience withstanding the changing weather and spotting secrets. Felt like Mario 64 20 years ago.

No new shrines though... :(

Just stormed the caste for the final memory reading
Zeldas diary
gave me some feels. I got pretty attached to these characters in a weird way throughout the memory hunt. I actually felt guilty leaving because I could probably finish it now, but I'm not ready yet.
Sorry Princess, I'll be back for you :(

Boney

Banned
Why are there no Darknuts? Why are there no Iron Knuckles? They skipped enemies that are perfect for this game. AGAIN! They were perfect for Skyward Sword too!
They probably wanted enemies that could be anywhere. But there's still the mini guardians that are just in shrines and are pretty lame since it's 1v1

Sucks since yeah they would've meshed in great.

Golnei

They probably wanted enemies that could be anywhere. But there's still the mini guardians that are just in shrines and are pretty lame since it's 1v1

Sucks since yeah they would've meshed in great.

The Yiga Blademasters are probably intended to fulfill a similar role, though they're still different enough that an updated Darknut or Iron Knuckle wouldn't be redundant.

duckroll

Darknuts, Iron Knuckles, Goriyas. All would have been perfect for BotW to add even more depth to the combat. Boomerang class weapons should have been exclusive to Goriyas. Different Boomerangs in different regions. Iron Knuckles can have horseback variants with a lance near the castle areas. Darknuts could have been exclusive to the Divine Beasts, representing Ganon's elite non-mech guardians.

Crayolan

Speaking of weird enemy exclusions, I'm really surprised there are no malice-formed enemies other than the cursed skulls. Could've been a good chance to bring back Dark Link or have malice versions of the dead Champions as minibosses in the dungeons.

There are more rock-related puzzles in Eldin than any other kinds of Korok puzzles. I only saw a pinwheel puzzle once, and the rest are lifting rocks.

I barely found any at all. I spent a few more hours and I found one pinwheel and another one where you had to throw a rock into the water. Where the hell are the Koroks in Eldin :|

Is there anything that you can miss when trying to get 100%? Thought I heard someone mention there being something at the Yiga hideout.

jnWake

Darknuts, Iron Knuckles, Goriyas. All would have been perfect for BotW to add even more depth to the combat. Boomerang class weapons should have been exclusive to Goriyas. Different Boomerangs in different regions. Iron Knuckles can have horseback variants with a lance near the castle areas. Darknuts could have been exclusive to the Divine Beasts, representing Ganon's elite non-mech guardians.

We can only hope for BotW with the return of the missing classic enemies like: Iron Knuckles, Skulltula, Poe, Deku Baba, Floor Master, regular Stalfos... Probably more (not Tektites though those suck).

Looking at enemy lists I just noticed Iron Knuckles were also missing from Skyward Sword. Weird.

Speely

Banned
It's weird, but I find myself not wanting anything from the
Akkala Tech Lab. Even the arrows.
Guardians are fun right now.

Maybe that shield. It looks cool as hell.

It's weird, but I find myself not wanting anything from the Akkala Tech Lab. Even the arrows. Guardians are fun right now.

Maybe that shield. It looks cool as hell.
weapon spoilers
That Shield
automatically reflects lasers a couple times before it breaks

bumpkin

well I got all the korok seeds. Now to figure out what locations I'm still missing since I'm topped out at 99.17%
Part of me wants to do it, and the other part of me is saying "the reward is trash for the amount of work/time involved." I think the other part is going to win. I love the game, I really do, but at a certain point I just gotta move on. Last time I checked, my play time was over 85 hours. That's more than I've put into any game in quite some time, for sure.

.Anema

After 100+ hours just 10 more to go! Just 10!!
And something like the 30% of the secondary missions lol
Oh my god this game... I'll be playing this at least for one more month. I'm loving every second of it!

screenshot2017-04-05aayk8n.png

So this is just another newbie's first post here... but my goodness, this game is magical.

The viewpoints, the minimalist music, the art style, the incredible gameplay.

It's living up to the hype. I just completed the first major objective
and got the paraglider
, and I am so excited.

Haven't had a Zelda make me feel this way in forever.

Speely

Banned
So this is just another newbie's first post here... but my goodness, this game is magical.

The viewpoints, the minimalist music, the art style, the incredible gameplay.

It's living up to the hype. I just completed the first major objective
and got the paraglider
, and I am so excited.

Haven't had a Zelda make me feel this way in forever.

Stoked for you. You have an amazing ride ahead of you. It only gets better.

Boney

Banned
Part of me wants to do it, and the other part of me is saying "the reward is trash for the amount of work/time involved." I think the other part is going to win. I love the game, I really do, but at a certain point I just gotta move on. Last time I checked, my play time was over 85 hours. That's more than I've put into any game in quite some time, for sure.
Had a real blast spotting Koroks today and really soaking in the environment.

kunonabi

I only did it because I made it a point to 100% every major Wii U game. I honestly stopped enjoying the game after the second divine beast.

Except for the Gerudo stuff I enjoyed that.

jariw

Does anyone know why there are such a huge amount of birds
on Satori mountain
? Any connection to Iwata or to Japanese culture or to the Zelda lore?

Oidisco

on Satori mountain

If you're talking about the birds circling in the sky, that means there's something of interest directly below them.

Anyways, I just finished the game. Gonna post my thoughts in a little while

Amalthea

Banned
on Satori mountain
Well they are mostly crows. At least in norse mythology they symbolized death and wisdom.

watershed

Banned
I need some help regarding an armor set.
is there no helmet for the Zora armor?Also is there no set bonus for leveling it up twice?
I feel like I am missing something obvious.

Top Bottom