• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

jariw

If you're talking about the birds circling in the sky, that means there's something of interest directly below them.

On that specific mountain they are everywhere (on the ground as well). And in much larger numbers than those usually circling around a shrine.

random25

I need some help regarding an armor set.
is there no helmet for the Zora armor?Also is there no set bonus for leveling it up twice?
I feel like I am missing something obvious.

There is a helmet.
If you do the sidequest there involving reading all the ancient stone tablets in Zora you'll get the clue as to where it is
, though you can stumble upon it too if you explore within the area. And set bonus will apply if you complete the armor and upgrade each at least once.

I forgot exactly where it is, but it is inside a treasure chest underneath a pond from a small sunken ruins just within the region. And the bonus is less stamina consumed when dashing while swimming.

Oidisco

is there no helmet for the Zora armor?Also is there no set bonus for leveling it up twice?

Yea there is a helmet for that armor set. And I didn't do it myself, but I'm pretty sure there is a bonus if you upgrade them all twice.

So yea, I just finished the game tonight.

236 Hours
112 Shrines
446 Korok Seeds
70 Sidequests
All Memories found

I was gonna go after the last few Shrines tonight and then fight Ganon tomorrow, but I found 3 Major Strength Tests in a row so I said fuck it I'm just gonna finish this game now.

The game has some serious flaws. Many of them are understandable given how much freedom there is, but some of them are a little baffling like the total lack of enemy and boss variety. There are a ridiculous number of Strength test Shrines which I wouldn't mind if they were all significantly different, but they're almost all identical.
It's also unfortunate how easy the game gets once you get about 20-30 hours in. Part of that is due to the lack of enemy variety, but it's mainly down to Parry and Perfect Dodge being overpowered. There are a number of other issues like story, performance, visual quality and voice-acting as well but I won't go into them.

Despite all that, the game is still a 10/10 for me. I don't particularly like open-world games, but Breath of the Wild is really something special. The music, vistas, combat (even with the issues I mentioned), the Divine Beasts, Side-Quests, Shrine Quests and Korok Puzzles are wonderful. The Great Plateau was the best tutorial I've ever played, Eventide Island was totally unexpected,
Forgotten Temple/bottom of Akkala Labyrinth
nearly gave me a heart attack, Tarrey Town was lovely, Hyrule Castle was epic and
Mt Lanayru
was one of the most incredible things I've ever experienced in a video game.

After the credits, I reloaded the save file and went back to the cliff just by the Shrine of Resurrection. Seemed like a good place to end my play through of the game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think the moblin
mask
is my new favourite thing. Partly for what it does, partly for how it looks and moves

Had a 'housekeeping' session yesterday. Wanted to go back to a shrine my kids found the climbing hat in so I had the full set, find hestu, and get the tower down south which had been eluding me for a while.

Got completely sidetracked of course :)
- killed a couple of guardians in akkala and got a bunch of parts from a guardian graveyard. I really need to learn parrying - got my guardian shield destroyed in a single hit. I also thought strafing kept you safe from their blasts but I kept getting hit?

- found lurelin village and spent too much time looking for a fragment of a symbol (supposed to be nearby but couldn't find it anywhere - hints welcome). Killed a strangely located Talus which makes me suspicious but couldn't see anything else there. Got a photo of the
fang and bone
guy and bought some cool things from his shop
- as I was gliding towards the tower I suddenly saw a dragon and headed for it. Got a
farosh scale and claw
which I guess will be useful later, but then nearly died trying to climb out of the water.
- heading to the tower again I found a stables so stopped off for a chat there

Eventually did the things I actually set out to do. Now I'm at a stables I the middle of the map somewhere with a couple of hints to memories so I think that'll be the goal tonight - will need the tower for that area too so I can find a particular lake

Trojan

There is a helmet.
If you do the sidequest there involving reading all the ancient stone tablets in Zora you'll get the clue as to where it is
, though you can stumble upon it too if you explore within the area. And set bonus will apply if you complete the armor and upgrade each at least once.

I forgot exactly where it is, but it is inside a treasure chest underneath a pond from a small sunken ruins just within the region. And the bonus is less stamina consumed when dashing while swimming.

Where are the pants for the Zora Set? I found the other two pieces.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I was calmly wandering around the jungle area and found a big hollow log. Gentle music playing, im relaxed, looking for a likely korok seed...there was a chest in the log and as I approached it jumped out of the ground and ran the fuck off.
I literally jumped and squealed like a little girl which made my wife jump and my son piss himself laughing

I think the moblin
mask
is my new favourite thing. Partly for what it does, partly for how it looks and moves

Had a 'housekeeping' session yesterday. Wanted to go back to a shrine my kids found the climbing hat in so I had the full set, find hestu, and get the tower down south which had been eluding me for a while.

Got completely sidetracked of course :)
- killed a couple of guardians in akkala and got a bunch of parts from a guardian graveyard. I really need to learn parrying - got my guardian shield destroyed in a single hit. I also thought strafing kept you safe from their blasts but I kept getting hit?

- found lurelin village and spent too much time looking for a fragment of a symbol (supposed to be nearby but couldn't find it anywhere - hints welcome). Killed a strangely located Talus which makes me suspicious but couldn't see anything else there. Got a photo of the
fang and bone
guy and bought some cool things from his shop
- as I was gliding towards the tower I suddenly saw a dragon and headed for it. Got a
farosh scale and claw
which I guess will be useful later, but then nearly died trying to climb out of the water.
- heading to the tower again I found a stables so stopped off for a chat there

Eventually did the things I actually set out to do. Now I'm at a stables I the middle of the map somewhere with a couple of hints to memories so I think that'll be the goal tonight - will need the tower for that area too so I can find a particular lake
About fragments: they're not
well hidden or anything, but they're way easier to find at night (they glow blue.)

So I'm infiltrating
Hyrule Castle
for the
Royal gear
this one NPC mentioned on a early stable. What does it exactly entail because there are alot of items with that label that I found.

Also, I just want a yes and no question for this:

Are one of the memories on
Hyrule Castle/Town
?

random25

So I'm infiltrating
Hyrule Castle
for the
Royal gear
this one NPC mentioned on a early stable. What does it exactly entail because there are alot of items with that label that I found.

Hyrule Castle

It's actually
Royal Guard Gear
. You only need to find at least one and show it to her.

And to your other question, yes.

So I'm infiltrating
Hyrule Castle
for the
Royal gear

Hyrule Castle/Town
?
Yes

You can put balloons on a fallen tree and carry yourself to heaven if you want to. Two balloons at a time. Be sure to pin new balloons before the last ones burst.

Doesn't have to be trees. You can use rafts, carts, various slabs, etc.

Jump off and glide to what you want whenever you're high enough. Just remember it's chilly at high altitudes.

Has anyone tried attaching ballons to animals? Horses?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
About fragments: they're not
well hidden or anything, but they're way easier to find at night (they glow blue.)

Yeah that's the first thing I tried - camped nearby and then wandered around and climbed up high but couldn't see anything. Will try again later if I get time after these two memories I'm chasing

jepense

Yeah that's the first thing I tried - camped nearby and then wandered around and climbed up high but couldn't see anything. Will try again later if I get time after these two memories I'm chasing
The other person gives you hints for the closest one you haven't shown him if you talk to him. I really liked that quest, by the way.

So I freaking dreamt about playing this game last night. In it, the game had it where if you died enough times, it would bring you back as a bokoblin, and you'd have to work your way up to being Link again.

black_clavus

Neo Member
Finished Kass's quest
his teacher story was unexpected T_T
. There's still 11 shrine quest left and 1 divine beast. I don't want this to end

So I freaking dreamt about playing this game last night. In it, the game had it where if you died enough times, it would bring you back as a bokoblin, and you'd have to work your way up to being Link again.

You need a rest

Most overworld treasure chests respawn too, like the buried ones, floating on rivers, sunken underwater, hidden behind rocks, etc.

That's mind blowing. So I can mark all those chests with arrows in them. Really wish Nintendo give us 1000 marks instead of 100.

duckroll

Everyone keeps talking about Kass' questline like it's one large thing, but all I remember is him being in various different places and sometimes he has a new song and sometimes he just wants to sing that stupid cutscene again. Any way to tell how much of his questline I have completed and what I'm missing? No obvious spoilers pls.

Everyone keeps talking about Kass' questline like it's one large thing, but all I remember is him being in various different places and sometimes he has a new song and sometimes he just wants to sing that stupid cutscene again. Any way to tell how much of his questline I have completed and what I'm missing? No obvious spoilers pls.
There is a book of all his locations that relate to puzzles. In the Washa Bluffs region.

There's a diary near one of his quest that lists all his quests places.

random25

That's mind blowing. So I can mark all those chests with arrows in them. Really wish Nintendo give us 1000 marks instead of 100.

The only ones I think that do not respawn are treasure chests on specific areas like within villages or inside houses.

There's a specific shrine quest from him where you can read his journal of notes of where he can be found. That's the checklist you can use.

black_clavus

Neo Member

And when you finish every quest
you should also complete Kass's daughter quest

Koren

- found lurelin village and spent too much time looking for a fragment of a symbol (supposed to be nearby but couldn't find it anywhere - hints welcome).
It's not really far, but not exactly close. Just wander around, you should find it, it's not buried or anything. If you want a small clue, look into
shallow water
. I don't think the glo help that much, but maybe it'll be different for you, so you may want to go higher.

Most overworld treasure chests respawn too, like the buried ones, floating on rivers, sunken underwater, hidden behind rocks, etc.
Most? I don't think I've already identified one that respawn. Have you an example? I'd really want to know which respawn to mark the interesting ones...

I don't think the number is a spoiler, so there's 8 of them. You can check how many you've found in the quest log (look into both shrine quests and normal quests)

random25

Most? I don't think I've already identified one that respawn. Have you an example? I'd really want to know which respawn to mark the interesting ones...

The treasure chests in Hylia River return for example. I'm not sure if the contents for materials and arrows change over time, but weapons upgrade to better class when you get stronger.

Chinbo37

I did the tower in the upper right portion last night. Im about 45 hours in its my fifth tower.

Now to explore the region ... this game is deep!

Thats my basic approach. Open a region and try to completely explore the region for shrines, seeds, quests etc. Then move on to the next region.

After the credits, I reloaded the save file and went back to the cliff just by the Shrine of Resurrection. Seemed like a good place to end my play through of the game.

This gave me goosebumps, I'll definitely do the same when I'll finish the game.
Probably I'll also fall off the cliff trying to walk near the edge, just like I did the first time :D

Nia

I just completed the
Tarrey Town
quest. That was cute.
It was nice to see the quaint little village come into it's own. I had Link wear the Zora Armor at the wedding in Mipha's honor.

Koren

The treasure chests in Hylia River return for example. I'm not sure if the contents for materials and arrows change over time, but weapons upgrade to better class when you get stronger.
The one that floats?

I've only recently began to check a couple locations, like on Lake Hylia, and I haven't seen a respawn, so I'm really curious. I'll look into it... Even if Hylia river is a really large place to look into ;)

SomTervo

About to head for G
oron
C
ity
and hopefully wrap up the final D
ivine
B
east

The game is truly a masterpiece, but I can't help feeling that if they had done the DB/dungeon content slightly differently it would have been elevated even further.

• 120 shrines is just an unnecessary amount, especially when many are repetitive Strength tests. I'm at 54 complete and I honestly can't imagine how another 65 is necessary. I can't even picture where they'll be on the game map!
  • as such, they could easily have cut 20/40 of the Shrines altogether
  • the D
    ivine
    B
    east
    s are really cool but aren't quite deep enough, complex enough or challenging enough. This isn't Shadow of the Colossus
  • while it's a nice idea, the fact that the DBs move around is basically unnecessary. It looks cool but once you're on them it's meaningless (unlike SotC where they can shake you off, reposition themselves, etc)
  • as such, if the DBs were turned into large static buildings/dungeons (like castles etc) and 20/40 Shrines were amalgamated into those dungeons to give them more rooms...
... we'd have a proper unforgettable GOAT on our hands

Sh0k

Does anyone know why there are such a huge amount of birds
on Satori mountain
? Any connection to Iwata or to Japanese culture or to the Zelda lore?

isn't that the mountain where you find The Lord Of the Mountain horse on certain nights? Maybe the crows are related to that.

mernst23

100 hours jn
6 shrines left, I know where two are
8 more sidequests
240ish seeds

Once I finish the shrines and the side quests I'm going to finish upgrading all my armor and finish the compendium. I think I'm going to try for the korok seeds necessary to fill out my stashes and then use a guide for the last 450. Gotta be another 30 to 40 hours to go, which is insane.

I'm 99% sure not a single chest in the game respawns. If you raid bases from the starting areas again or check chests you found in caves later in the game, you'll find nothing there. I think it's the same when you break crates again you've already looted in the past. The crates themselves respawn, but they don't contain anything now. I think you're right that some floating river chests might "respawn", but I believe the content is different, so you can't just mark a chest containing bomb arrows and then revisit it every Blood Moon.

Chinbo37

I have the cash to
buy my house
but I only have 4400 so it would be taking a big chunk away.

Should I wait longer or is it better to do it now?

Lilo_D

About to head for G
oron
C
ity
and hopefully wrap up the final D
ivine
B
east

The game is truly a masterpiece, but I can't help feeling that if they had done the DB/dungeon content slightly differently it would have been elevated even further.

• 120 shrines is just an unnecessary amount, especially when many are repetitive Strength tests. I'm at 54 complete and I honestly can't imagine how another 65 is necessary. I can't even picture where they'll be on the game map!
  • as such, they could easily have cut 20/40 of the Shrines altogether
  • the D
    ivine
    B
    east
    s are really cool but aren't quite deep enough, complex enough or challenging enough. This isn't Shadow of the Colossus
  • while it's a nice idea, the fact that the DBs move around is basically unnecessary. It looks cool but once you're on them it's meaningless (unlike SotC where they can shake you off, reposition themselves, etc)
  • as such, if the DBs were turned into large static buildings/dungeons (like castles etc) and 20/40 Shrines were amalgamated into those dungeons to give them more rooms...
... we'd have a proper unforgettable GOAT on our hands

This is actually more related to the design choose by the Zelda team
Because the map is huge so there are such amount of shrines
Because we already have such amount of shrines which contain the puzzle, if the DB is just as complex as the previous game, players may got the puzzle solving fatigue

But I think Zelda will re consider this approach if players are really call for those big dungeons

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just completed the
Tarrey Town
quest. That was cute.
It was nice to see the quaint little village come into it's own. I had Link wear the Zora Armor at the wedding in Mipha's honor.
As soon as that cutscene finished I reloaded the save file and
took off all my clothes and watched it again and took some screenshots

I have the cash to
buy my house
but I only have 4400 so it would be taking a big chunk away.

Should I wait longer or is it better to do it now?

I think you need about 4500 rupees to complete it, so you need more than that :p
But I think it's definitely worth it, and I'm sure you have a lot of materials you can easily sell if you ever need money.

Chinbo37

I think you need about 4500 rupees to complete it, so you need more than that :p
But I think it's definitely worth it, and I'm sure you have a lot of materials you can easily sell if you ever need money.

Oh I was just referring to the purchase which I thought was 3K? I guess there are some other things that go with it? Sidequests?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Even if he doesn't want to fully pay for everything now he should still buy it because of what that triggers.

Anteo

Oh I was just referring to the purchase which I thought was 3K? I guess there are some other things that go with it? Sidequests?

You are gonna get a empty house. The extra money is to add furniture. You can also unlock a new quest chain by buying the house.

Top Bottom