• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

King Al B

This was the last shrine that I did before finishing the game and it was the one thing that I just said "fuck it" and looked up online, haha.

It so simple once you realize the solution. I was way over thinking it at first. Came back the next day and had a "oh duh!" Moment.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
It so simple once you realize the solution. I was way over thinking it at first. Came back the next day and had a "oh duh!" Moment.

Yeah, after I read the explanation is was plain as day, but I just wanted to finish the game at that point, haha

mindatlarge

Just discovered Akkala region yesterday and wow, (regarding Robbie)
fighting Guardians just became a shit-ton easier.

Also, really pretty region for watching sunsets/sunrises. Took some nice photos there. Really makes me wish Miiverse-sharing was a thing in this game :/
They'll only become more of a pushover as time goes by and you get stronger. Same with another enemy that some call the hardest in the game. Your gear makes you a god in this game. Just takes some time.

Oh, one other thing, a question regarding a... possible enemy?
I've seen some giant skeletons just sitting around in certain places. Almost looks like the bones of a smaller Hinox... do they activate somehow? Just a yes or no question. If they do animate, I'd rather try and figure it out myself.

Yes.

If you think about it, you already know how it'll work.

Is there a particular order I should be doing things? I have no memories yet and I've defeated one divine beast...The one in the
Zora
area. Besides that I've done side quests and shrines. Should I be hunting down these memories? The first pic is near
Hyrule Castle
, but it's a pain in the ass around there with all the guardians.

Do the
Rito
one. It gives you a skill immensely useful for getting around quicker. Then do whatever you want.

Kaban

They'll only become more of a pushover as time goes by and you get stronger. Same with another enemy that some call the hardest in the game. Your gear makes you a god in this game. Just takes some time.

I'm just glad I was able to take down a proper Guardian
without any OP gear
at least once during my playthrough (in that marshy area next to the Lanayru tower). Super satisfying.

Kaban

OH! One question regarding Robbie:

Can the Guardian weapons be repaired? Seems sort of a waste to spend so many resources on them if they'll only last me a few fights. Are they worth it?

I honestly think it won't be as exciting as some of the theories. They'll probably just make all the collectibles (shrines/korok seeds/missed side quests/whatever else) you missed visible on the map. They do it often for these open world games.

This is what I am expecting, 100%.

So over the next 5 years I will stand a chance of finding the other 750 korok seeds.

The expansion is still not getting a blind automatic buy from me though, I think I am pretty close to being burned out on the game now as much as I enjoyed all of my time with it.

Cartho

Can the Guardian weapons be repaired? Seems sort of a waste to spend so many resources on them if they'll only last me a few fights. Are they worth it?

spend your resources in ancient arrows. They one shot guardians if you hit them in the weak spot and 3 shot them otherwise. Plus the Ancient armour is really good for killing guardians too.

You have to buy them again. Maybe it's more worth it to buy the armor.

That said, after playing the game for a long time I'm swimming in those resources and don't really have much else to use them on. I haven't found any other use besides upgrading the armor.

Kaban

spend your resources in ancient arrows. They one shot guardians if you hit them in the weak spot and 3 shot them otherwise. Plus the Ancient armour is really good for killing guardians too.
Yeah, I've already gotten
arrows and armour, so I'm good there. Maybe when I have an excess of guardian parts, I'll splurge for that chainsaw blade

Thanks for the tips, guys!

Stopdoor

I honestly think it won't be as exciting as some of the theories. They'll probably just make all the collectibles (shrines/korok seeds/missed side quests/whatever else) you missed visible on the map. They do it often for these open world games.

Yeah, but this isn't a free update, it's a paid feature, so it wouldn't really be a great selling point to include something as utilitarian as that. Sure, it's possible, but wouldn't really reflect well on them if it's something so boring.

DESTROYA

Spent hours yesterday just fishing and hunting basically killing anything that moves and never would have thought it would be so engrossing.

mindatlarge

I'm just glad I was able to take down a proper Guardian
without any OP gear
at least once during my playthrough (in that marshy area next to the Lanayru tower). Super satisfying.
I know that feeling. It is quite exhilarating. I entered a "Major Test of Strength" Shrine with about 8 hearts, starter gear and no upgraded stasis and eventually took the Guardian down with bombs and a few decent weapons. Was hell, but you'll see that later on, you won't even think twice about them. This game really does do a good job of making you more powerful even without a leveling system.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah, but this isn't a free update, it's a paid feature, so it wouldn't really be a great selling point to include something as utilitarian as that. Sure, it's possible, but wouldn't really reflect well on them if it's something so boring.
It's the third feature of the summer update after the Cave of Trials and hard mode. I don't expect much out of the map feature.

Finally upgraded the
Tunic/Cap/Trousers of the Wild
. Got pretty good at farming dragon parts and actually managed to sort of come up with a system for Star Fragments. Finally ready to take on Ganon in style.

So I'm in the shrine in
Korok Forest, just to the left from the Deku Three
and I can't seem to arrange the orbs in the right pattern. I know that I'm suppost to look at
the constellations
but I'm not sure what to look for.

We had an escape room puzzle exactly like that so it just clicked

Those lynels with the massive clubs are disgusting.
Finally upgraded the
. Got pretty good at farming dragon parts and actually managed to sort of come up with a system for Star Fragments. Finally ready to take on Ganon in style.
I keep hearing about this
armor set. Is it tied to a quest or do you find pieces in shrines or...?

I am missing 2 side quests and can't find one, but the other is Jerrin at the Akkala research lab. She has a quest marker but I can't get her to give me a quest. I've tried all of her dialog options but nothing triggers.. Any help?

Anteo

I am missing 2 side quests and can't find one, but the other is Jerrin at the Akkala research lab. She has a quest marker but I can't get her to give me a quest. I've tried all of her dialog options but nothing triggers.. Any help?

Doesnt she gives you the quest to get the blue flame to their lab? Just like the one in hateno

Willxc123

Finally upgraded the

What was your system for collecting Star Fragments?

Nictel

It's a shrine Quest.

I ordered the damn 8-bit Link amiibo because it has the chance of giving you a clothing item I desperately need.

C6kIt7_U0AAFlVe.jpg

The shorts ):

I'm trash. The RNG probably isn't gonna give them to me either I bet.

I've played this game for probably >120 hours now and I just for the first time had two Yiga clan members (one big guy one small guy) appear and attack me simultaneously. In Hyrule Field. Has that happened to anyone else before? It's always been just one at a time previously.

Man I was so far. I really thought it was in the first area of Resurrection with the woods. Looks so similar. I always try to pay attention to the kind of trees and what area they're found in since that helps but I was far from that one.

The last one I really need help is where it looks like a castle wall with a brown door and some angel statue above. Is that hyrule? Castle?

Well, many of the small forests look alike, it's not that easy :p
And yes, that is indeed in the castle.

I suspected as much.
Think I'm at 106 shrines, not sure whether I should consult a guide for the rest.

I honestly got overwhelmed with the Shrines around 90-100 I think? I used a map to locate them, set a beacon on the in-game map to the approximate location, and then went on a hunt. I still had pleeenty of fun, the map didn't solve the puzzles within the Shrines for me so they were all still nice surprises, and there were some I'm positive I would have NEVER found otherwise. Didn't ruin my enjoyment at all, honestly, but I know I may be in the minority there.

What was your system for collecting Star Fragments?
Star Fragments only fall on Full Moons (apparently). There's a guy outside of Dueling Peaks Stable who will tell you what the next moon phase is going to be (provided it's not raining). They also follow a strict schedule. I built a campfire next to him, and talked to him day after day until a full moon was going to happen, then waited at the campfire until night, warped to Hateno Village's shrine, and kept my eye on the horizon for a falling star.

Seemed pretty consistent though I didn't need to do it too many times so it might not work every time.

Did you get
naked for Robbie
yet? You have to
prove your identity
to Robbie get her shrine side quest to become available. I have a feeling this isn't your issue though. Seems like you should have done that already.

I'm starting to think it's a bugged quest marker since I have all of the shrines. Back to square one of trying to figure out the two side quests I'm missing.

tauroxd

Good to know! I just found it myself but that's an absurd sum of money considering i buy arrows ALL THE TIME

I had too many minerals. I just sold a bunch of them and still had plenty more in inventory. I would've not be able to live with myself if I didn't unlock all of them.

That fairy fountain is absolutely worth it imo. You'll never be able to max out your armour without it.

And farming rubies is so easy for making lots of money.

I honestly got overwhelmed with the Shrines around 90-100 I think? I used a map to locate them, set a beacon on the in-game map to the approximate location, and then went on a hunt. I still had pleeenty of fun, the map didn't solve the puzzles within the Shrines for me so they were all still nice surprises, and there were some I'm positive I would have NEVER found otherwise. Didn't ruin my enjoyment at all, honestly, but I know I may be in the minority there.
I'll do a sweep of all the regions to see if I can bring that number up to 110 without help. After that though I think I'll end up doing what you did :lol

I got the final fairy-fountain for 10,000 rupees - NOT worth it!

Good to know! I just found it myself but that's an absurd sum of money considering i buy arrows ALL THE TIME

1 hour of snow bowling and I had 11,000 rupees. I have 50,000 rupees from selling monster parts and ore, and I have no use for the money as I have over 100 arrows for each arrow type. Hyrule's economy is broken.

I'm just going around and raiding enemy camps and towers as I have nothing left to do but can't let go of the game. The
military training camp
is fun to run through sometimes if you imagine it like a
real army training course

ColdPizza

Banned
How do people feel about these additional constumes being locked away behind Amiibos? Im sort of torn because I'm a completionist but on the other hand I'm not a serious enough gamer to buy Amiibos as I wouldn't put them on display etc. I'm surprised there isn't a cheaper option for extra costumes in the eShop for a nominal fee.

Top Bottom