• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

So, just want to clarify something regarding amiibos, as I was glancing at the inventory section of the guide to this game earlier:
There's currently no amiibos that grant you the Fierce Deity and Skyward Sword costumes, correct?

kunonabi

So, just want to clarify something regarding amiibos, as I was glancing at the inventory section of the guide to this game earlier:
There's currently no amiibos that grant you the Fierce Deity and Skyward Sword costumes, correct?

No, not yet.

On a brighter note I just hit 100% completion.

All I have left now is to upgrade all my equipment.

I have 47 items left to 4 star. 13 of which are already at 3 stars. I'll start on that tomorrow though.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Regarding taking damage, sometime I am fighting and Link has taken damage but I notice it because the game doesn't give me a indication that Link has taken damage.

I once had a time were I was fighting a bunch of enemies and I notices that Link was dangerously on low health so I had to heal him fast but I couldn't recall how that happen because I didn't see it.

At this current time nether the Twilight Princess amiibo, Majora's Mask amiibo or Skyward Sword amiibo have been released.

My guess they will be released when DLC pack 2 releases in the summer.

I have Miphas Grace turned off and I never once saw the Game Over screen, even when I first started.

I am starting to believe that it doesn't exist.

I also have only 13 hearts so one good swing or arrow hit knocks out most of my hearts. I rely a lot on food. I do a lot of reckless things and end up getting mobbed.

Only time I get
Mipha's Grace
activated is if an enemy knocks me down a huge cliff, I run out of stamina and fall down said cliff, or I stop paying attention to stamina during a high up paraglide and fall to my death. Tier 4 armor is too good.

That has definitely happened to me as well. One time I just couldnt beat a bunch of stupid octoroks and they knocked me senseless. I felt ashamed that I had to invoke MG because of octoroks lol.

olimpia84

No, not yet.

I have 47 items left to 4 star. 13 of which are already at 3 stars. I'll start on that tomorrow though.

How many hours have you clocked?

My god this game has sucked me in. I haven't gamed this much since before my son was born 14 months ago.

I always play for an hour or two after work daily. Just exploring and looking for Koroks. Its so easy to get in the zone in this game.

Mining ore and cutting trees feel amazingly therapeutic as well. The sound effects are so soothing.

I gave myself a quest to find and map cozy shelters. I rate them on a scale of 1-3 campfires. 1 campfire is cozy, 2 campfires are cozy with a view and 3 campfires are cozy, with a view AND I'm surrounded by walls or barriers in at least 3 sides for maximum safety and coziness (like a cave for example).

I go on adventures and when its around 5pm I start looking for shelters. I really hate it when I find a place to set up camp but stalfos come out by the time I have a fire going. Its like I dont wanna rest next to a bunch of skeletons damnit. Yeah I think I play this too much.

Wood Man

I haven't been sucked into a game so much since Witcher 3.

I did the stranded island test. That Hinox was a pain. I got him stuck on some rocks by the ocean and spammed bombs.

jokkir

I've been walking on the main path to places I've completed and I'm finding stuff that I missed out on since the beginning. I wish this game had a path type GPS thing to see what ridiculous detours I did to get to destinations lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've been walking on the main path to places I've completed and I'm finding stuff that I missed out on since the beginning. I wish this game had a path type GPS thing to see what ridiculous detours I did to get to destinations lol
From the last thread:

They're only easily missed if you don't take roads. A lot of people just run any which way but staying to the roads will lead you to a lot of places and NPCs. Don't underestimate how important roads are. Jump on a horse and follow the roads. Roads!
People need to listen.

Noticed I have quite a few shrines without the chest icon

Is there unique gear in these chests, or will the stuff in them turn up elsewhere? Got all my climbing gear from chests in shrines, and wondering if I've missed anything similar

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Noticed I have quite a few shrines without the chest icon

Is there unique gear in these chests, or will the stuff in them turn up elsewhere? Got all my climbing gear from chests in shrines, and wondering if I've missed anything similar
Do you have all the pieces of the
rubber armor? I know they're from shrines but I can't remember if they were from hidden chests in them.
Other than those, you'll just find items/ore/rupees.

Kind of stumped- no help just need to vent- 38 shrines left and other than quests I can't find any wandering around anymore. Oh well

No, not yet.

image.php

Meohsix

I haven't been sucked into a game so much since Witcher 3.

I did the stranded island test. That Hinox was a pain. I got him stuck on some rocks by the ocean and spammed bombs.

I dealt with the hinox a much easier way...
snuck up onto his hand, he tossed me onto his chest, I grabbed the orb off his necklace and walked away without waking him.
:p

No,
the gear type stuff is always in the chest for completing the shrines that you wouldn't miss. The shrines that are basically just rewards for having found them or strength tests. Hidden chests in shrines range from near useless to some very handy stuff but no one offs.
Climbing set and rubber set both have gear from hidden chest in shrine.

Do you have all the pieces of the
rubber armor? I know they're from shrines but I can't remember if they were from hidden chests in them.
Other than those, you'll just find items/ore/rupees.
Got the helmet and the trousers, hope I haven't missed the chest piece

arlucool

Speaking of mounting things, how awesome would've been to humiliate a Lynel by force-taming? :p

I was also deeply dissapointed when I got close enough to a moose and a rhino, and couldn't mount those too. :c

duckroll

Btw, having beaten the Goron Divine Beast, can someone spoil me on how you were supposed to defeat the boss in a non-stupid way? Here's what I did:
I just spammed him with ice arrows in the face and ignored doing follow up attacks when he was "down" because I couldn't reach him in the air anyway. Then in his second form I ate like a half dozen of that fireball before just charging up my super lightning attack and that blow up his shield for some reason. Then I continued spamming ice arrows until he died. I felt super lame lol.

Btw, having beaten the Goron Divine Beast, can someone spoil me on how you were supposed to defeat the boss in a non-stupid way? Here's what I did:
I just spammed him with ice arrows in the face and ignored doing follow up attacks when he was "down" because I couldn't reach him in the air anyway. Then in his second form I ate like a half dozen of that fireball before just charging up my super lightning attack and that blow up his shield for some reason. Then I continued spamming ice arrows until he died. I felt super lame lol.
It sucks bombs.

KarmaCow

You can
parry the fireball or while it's charging the fireball, throw a bomb so it gets sucked in past the barrier.

gardfish

In classic Zelda fire boss tradition, you're supposed to throw bombs at him while he charges up his vortex attack once his shield is up.

whoops beaten lol

Golnei

Speaking of mounting things, how awesome would've been to humiliate a Lynel by force-taming? :p

It would have been extremely furry. In a game with Kass and Sidon, including Lynel dominantion would begin to approach some kind of saturation point...

I was also deeply dissapointed when I got close enough to a moose and a rhino, and couldn't mount those too. :c

My biggest disappointment in that regard was the lack of rideable ostriches.

duckroll

It would have been extremely furry. In a game with Kass and Sidon, including Lynel dominantion would begin to approach some kind of saturation point...

And as Link held the Lynel's head upon his bosom, he felt the breath of the wild beast warm his chest and excite his loins.

Crayolan

Phase 1:
Let him come to you, then parry/flurry rush his attacks. If you spam arrows he keeps his distance.

Phase 2:
Either use bombs and they'll get sucked into the vortex or parry his projectile.

Top Bottom