• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

So has anybody figured out the tiers of weapon and shield bonuses? Like how much durability does a blue diamond icon add to a shield vs a yellow diamond? So far I've tried looking at the usual places and there doesn't seem to be anything about it.

R00bot

All shrines finished. Think I'll mop up the rest of the side quests before heading over to Ganon.

Don't want this game to end.

You'll probably be really op by the time you get to ganon lol. I had only completed about half the shrines when I did it and I went in without any food to help me (wasted it all in the castle on the way) and I still found the boss pretty easy and completed it on my first try.

228hrs
103 Shrines
252 Seeds

Fantastic game, and by far and away the most fun I've ever had in an open world game. I didn't like the dungeons or the bosses, at all. I enjoyed the idea of the dungeons and that they felt to scale to the rest of the world, but the puzzle parts of them was forgettable.

I think I started seeing the seams after the first dungeon and that's when my experience peaked. Everything before that, those first 60 or so hours were some of the most immersive and refreshing moments I've felt in a game in a long time. But once it became apparent that the shrines and the seeds were the majority reward currency in the game, it started to lose a lot of it's magic on me.

Still, those first 60 or so hours. Unbeatable.

The Hermit

120 Shrines, 900 Korok seeds, complete Hyrule Compendium, All memories collected. I even did 4 Blight Ganon on the Wii U version.

C8wlasZXcAAvigi.jpg

lol at the ruppes

congrats on the gold shit

I will do that... eventually

rekameohs

Banned
Hooo goodness, I was not prepared for how awful the (English) voice acting would be. This isn't even a concept foreign to Nintendo, something like Metroid Prime 3 didn't have very many lines, but they were delivered much more competently. Let alone something like Kid Icarus. I mean, not asking for Uncharted or anything, but it really sours on the presentation a bit.

Outside of that, the game is great!! Just made it to Kakariko Village. The first thing I did when getting off the Great Plateau was to see how close I could get to Hyrule Castle. Got destroyed pretty quick but at least got a few items + a tower probably earlier than most!

170 hours, about 150 seeds and 114 shrines. 6 more shrines before I head to Hyrule Castle.

Anyone else still playing from launch day and haven't beaten the game yet?

So a bunch of bridges surrounding Central Hyrule are named after bosses from the first two Zelda games and I just now realized that "Orsedd" was one of them after saying it out loud.

Nyoro SF

So a bunch of bridges surrounding Central Hyrule are named after bosses from the first two Zelda games and I just now realized that "Orsedd" was one of them after saying it out loud.

Hopefully someday someone makes a list of all the references to past Zelda games with place names.

Lilo_D

228hrs
103 Shrines
252 Seeds

Fantastic game, and by far and away the most fun I've ever had in an open world game. I didn't like the dungeons or the bosses, at all. I enjoyed the idea of the dungeons and that they felt to scale to the rest of the world, but the puzzle parts of them was forgettable.

I think I started seeing the seams after the first dungeon and that's when my experience peaked. Everything before that, those first 60 or so hours were some of the most immersive and refreshing moments I've felt in a game in a long time. But once it became apparent that the shrines and the seeds were the majority reward currency in the game, it started to lose a lot of it's magic on me.

Still, those first 60 or so hours. Unbeatable.

it still don't hit after 120hr I just unlocked desert area and head to gerudo town lol

TheFuzz

170 hours, about 150 seeds and 114 shrines. 6 more shrines before I head to Hyrule Castle.

Yep, 75 hours in here and still going. All the divine beasts are beaten, just tearing through side quests and shrines now. No sign of stopping anytime soon.

i'm in that camp. all divine beasts done. almost 100 shrines down. 1 memory left. don't want to think about heading to hyrule castle yet because i know i have a tendency to fall off a game once i beat it. and i don't want this game to end haha! needless to say, i was hesitant to buy the dlc at first. but earlier this week, i preordered it without a questions. this game seriously might be my GOAT

In the end, I gave up on the last two shrines and looked them up. I spent 3 days looking for them -- that was enough for me!

I do want to say, I don't think the placement of any of the shrines felt unfair. For example, there's large stretches of empty cliff side at the edges of the world and I'm glad they didn't put anything there. All of the shrines felt like they were in locations you would reasonably go to.

Speely

Banned
Two memories left. Ugh. Having fun tracking down the last ones, at least. Couple shrines I hadn't found yet in the bag :)

kris.

Banned
I need like an interactive Zelda cookbook. One where you can check off what ingredients you have and it tells you every meal you can make.

The Third Heat

Neo Member

I'm only about 60 hours in, two divine beasts beaten and about half the shrines down (with a few more found but not finished). I paused for a bit to play NieR: Automata among other things, but I'm going so slow mostly because I do not want to end. I want to always know I have something cool to do in Zelda. Keeps me warm at night.

Lizardus

Whats the highest damage melee weapon (with bonus) people have found? I've seen Royal 2H with 109 Attack.

I am also going to stop upgrading hearts at 25 and put rest into stamina because any more than 25 and the bonus 5 heart you get from Mipha's Grace are useless.

Vibed

Whats the highest damage melee weapon (with bonus) people have found? I've seen Royal 2H with 109 Attack.

I am also going to stop upgrading hearts at 25 and put rest into stamina because any more than 25 and the bonus 5 heart you get from Mipha's Grace are useless.
My Royal Guard Claymore has 112 attack. Highest I've seen anyone mention.

You can only get 2 extra circles of stamina.

random25

Mine is just a Savage Lynel Club at 99. No biggie though, because I like shooting arrows than swinging swords in this game.

Speely

Banned
175+ hrs in and I just now discovered that Royal Shields
reflect octorock projectiles automatically when blocking.

Maengun1

I've played at least a bit every day since March 3 and I still have 2 divine beasts unvisited and only like 35 shrines done, lol. 55 hours so far.

jariw

So, is there ever any point to roasting food?

Considering that it's never really difficult to find a lit cookpot to make meals, you may as well just spend five minutes while you're at one to make yourself dishes. The main thing you're usually wanting more food for when you're already exploring is the bonus effects, which you can't get by roasting anyway. The opportunity cost to roasting versus cooking is pretty notable in that sense.

I guess since roasted food stacks on itself, you have more room for heart restoration if you're roasting? Maybe if you already used two and a half pages of food for elixirs and other things with low heart gains but strong bonus effects, that makes sense, but how many food items do you need to be carrying at once?

Cooked food sell for substantial more rupees.

When I went to Goron village (for the first time) yesterday, I put all my prime raw meat (mostly from killed wolves, I think) on the ground to cook it. The price increased with something like 10-15 rupees per piece. Since they stack, it's a quick way to get rupees if you have lots of meat.

Just be aware that you can't drop endless amounts of food on the ground without picking it up. 2x5 of raw food on the ground is the maximum at the same time. If you drop more food than that, the oldest will disappear.

Absolutely! 120+ hours, 300+ Korok seeds, 100+ shrines, but I haven't beaten a single Divine Beast yet.

175+ hrs in and I just now discovered that Royal Shields
reflect octorock projectiles automatically when blocking.

I guess they work similar to the Ancient Shields
with the guardian beams
, in that they reflect automatically but they also get slightly degraded.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can someone clarify how the
master
sword works? If it runs out of durability
it takes time to heal
right? But does it work like Darudes Sandstorm
daruks protection
where it has to wait until
fully drained and then there is a cool down
, or does it
recover generally over time
?

I find this multiple use powers a little frustrating and sometimes almost want to get hit to use it up so it recharges in a quiet area before I go somewhere more dangerous.

Specifically for Daruk I'd like to be able to set a threshold - not sure what the rules are, but using it up when hit by a crappy bokoblin club seems like a waste

KrawlMan

Zelda ruined me, I can't really enjoy Persona 5 because of the heavy hand holding that restrain me to enjoy exploration.

Definitely felt that way when starting FFXV after finishing Zelda. I felt like my character was weighed down by chains, and the world was marred with cumbersome interfaces.

Got used to it and am now enjoying it, but it definitely hurt my first few hour impressions.

master
it takes time to heal
daruks protection
, or does it
?

I find this multiple use powers a little frustrating and sometimes almost want to get hit to use it up so it recharges in a quiet area before I go somewhere more dangerous.

Specifically for Daruk I'd like to be able to set a threshold - not sure what the rules are, but using it up when hit by a crappy bokoblin club seems like a waste

you could disable the runes in inventory before you get somewhere you think you need it.

duckroll

The tablets quest in Zora's Domain is annoying. I think I've found 1-4 so far and a couple of the last ones, but I have a lot of difficulty finding any sort of natural pattern leading one tablet to the next. I'll get back to this later. Currently chasing Kass quests. Some of these puzzles are trickier than expected!

master
it takes time to heal
daruks protection
, or does it
?

It has to break like a normal weapon than it recharges. In the inventory it tells you how much time is left in recharging. I only use it for Lynels, Guardians, and bosses. Never weaker enemies.

random25

master
it takes time to heal
daruks protection
, or does it
?

Yes, it recharges once totally spent. 10 minutes is the recovery time. Each champion's power has different recovery time but you can see them in the inventory menu too.

You can disable each Champion's powers in the menu, then activate them when you need them at certain situations. That way, you don't waste them up.

Lizardus

The tablets quest in Zora's Domain is annoying. I think I've found 1-4 so far and a couple of the last ones, but I have a lot of difficulty finding any sort of natural pattern leading one tablet to the next. I'll get back to this later. Currently chasing Kass quests. Some of these puzzles are trickier than expected!

There is no pattern and some are cleverly hidden but they are all in the general area around Zora's Domain. The guy who gives you the quest also gives you hints as to their general direction.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There is no pattern and some are cleverly hidden but they are all in the general area around Zora's Domain. The guy who gives you the quest also gives you hints as to their general direction.

Once I realized that finding them was easy. He pretty much tells you where to go.

Loving the game and anyone else kind of felt weirded out when a
shrine came out of the castle near the docks in
hyrule castle. I was like how does that work?

Need help on the side quest " a gift for my beloved '

I have to ask Prima what she likes the best, but when I speak to her she only lets my chose to sleep in the Inn.

Never mind, I had to go around the counter to ask her.

Top Bottom