• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

Anteo

Really don't link the navigation system in this game. Finding some shrines is a major choir. Just listening for a beep. I wish they had a counter or something to let you know you were in the right track or even an arrow pointer.

Uhh.. but the beep only gets stronger if you are moving in the direction of the shirine. It even stops beeping if you stop moving or start moving in the oposite direction

Took a long break, but now I've finally completed all the shrines. Hylian Shield check, Master Sword check, Tunic check. Feels so right. I'm all prepared for the dlc.

This game is like top 5 all time. Ack, it's just too good. I was initially disappointed with the finale, but that's a distant memory now. I'll remember this adventure forever.

Red

Really don't link the navigation system in this game. Finding some shrines is a major choir. Just listening for a beep. I wish they had a counter or something to let you know you were in the right track or even an arrow pointer.
Absolutely disgusting.

Mistle

This game made me change my avatar for the first time in 8 yrs :p Though I'll probably have an identity crisis and change back.

Man so many people using the Shrine Sensor wrong. The beep helps but if you look at the icon it's way more informative and snappy. Just walk in a wide loop for a moment and wait for the icon to hit the full three rings, then go that way. Ignore the beeps, just look at the icon. It's WAY better.

Famassu

Giving this to my mother (who has played most Zeldas except the handheld ones and Majora's Mask) was a mistake. She called me, like, 8 times today to ask tips as to what to do and how some stuff works, lol. xD

She's done with the first four shrines. Glad she seems to be enjoying it. Was a bit worried it'd be a bit too challenging for her (especially early parts when there aren't lots of hearts) but I guess the game is forgiving enough with its save system that she can get forward even when she struggles with some parts.

ccbfan

What's are some ways to get rupees early game?

Just got to the opening of the 4 guardians section and want to do some prep before going ahead.

Was it ever confirmed that there are multiple solutions to every shrine puzzle or was that just an urban legend?

I feel like I ended up clearing a shrine unconventionally since my method didn't really utilize the shrine's hint/name.

KahooTs

Sensor walks the line perfectly between too much and not enough hinting, but the beep is way more annoying than it needs to be.

Beat the main story tonight, what a ride. Went into
Hyrule Castle with the Master Sword/Hylian Shield and the dope ass Guardian armor upgraded to the max. The ending was really abrupt (I believe it's the full ending as I had all four Divine Beasts,
Master Sword and all memories including the final one viewed), was kind of disappointing that they seemingly left it DLC bait. But saving Zelda and seeing that adorable smile when she tells Link her powers are gone and she's okay with it was good stuff.

Did 101 shrines, gonna try to hunt down the rest of them now and keep upgrading my stuff for the DLC.

Nosgotham

Beat the game, found all the memories, found all shrines. Loved every second but now I don't know what to do with my Switch.

Play some other games. Mr shifty comes out Thursday. Had been heroes and binding of Isaac have been pretty addictive.

I am Setsuna is pretty good too.

ReBirFh

About the season pass... what is/are the useful map feature/s you guys are expecting?

I'd like a korok seed radar. It just seems wrong to use a guide to get them all and even if you decide to use a guide, I imagine it's a pain in the ass to look up what you got and what you missed. I don't how many hours I'm into the game (probably a hundred or more) and only have 170 korok seed with about 30 marked on the map (something I took too long to start. I was actually stamping the ones I completed until I zoomed in and noticed the game does that for you...)

Maybe more stamps? I really can't think of anything else useful to be added (please no arrows or anything like that)

Timeaisis

I simply can't see how this game got so much praise. It's horribly cheap and drawn out at times. I have to agree with jims review. This is an ok game at best

I mean, I feel the same way about Nier right now, and here we are. Tastes are different, it's ok.

I just received the limited edition guide. HOLY SHIT this book is HUGE. Gonna be an awesome display piece.

Yeah, it's a pretty huge guide. Useful map stuff for hunting your last shrine or whatnot. Pretty well laid out too.

Nosgotham

About the season pass... what is/are the useful map feature/s you guys are expecting?

I'd like a korok seed radar. It just seems wrong to use a guide to get them all and even if you decide to use a guide, I imagine it's a pain in the ass to look up what you got and what you missed. I don't how many hours I'm into the game (probably a hundred or more) and only have 170 korok seed with about 30 marked on the map (something I took too long to start. I was actually stamping the ones I completed until I zoomed in and noticed the game does that for you...)

Maybe more stamps? I really can't think of anything else useful to be added (please no arrows or anything like that)

A small text snippet regarding the origin of each named area on the map

quabba

Man so many people using the Shrine Sensor wrong. The beep helps but if you look at the icon it's way more informative and snappy. Just walk in a wide loop for a moment and wait for the icon to hit the full three rings, then go that way. Ignore the beeps, just look at the icon. It's WAY better.

I'll try this. I found the sensor either annoying because the shrine is right there in plain sight, or too vague and I couldn't find what it at all.

I appreciate that when I've done all the plain sight shrines and it goes off that there is something to find so I'll keep looking. I'd like that for korok seeds too except without the noise. Just a visual clue only because it would be goingoff all the time. The korok sword or leaf should change colour when your close to one for instance.

kunonabi

I already have the all the korok seeds so I'd prefer a moon phase indicator. Would make starbit farming for the upcoming amiibo costumes slightly less annoying.

Mistle

I'd really hope the map feature is more than a new sensor or something similar. Like, something that minor, that also assists finding content that's already in the game, seems like it should just be in a free update. Considering it's a paid map feature, I'd expect something much more substantial. But who knows.

You better not change it back. Your new avatar is freakin' great.
Thanks!

There are several journals in the game which give some backstory on why certain things are the way they are or show certain characters' perspectives on issues. The most interesting ones are in
Hyrule Castle.
Oh, ok. I haven't been in Hyrule Castle yet but I'm working on visiting now before I'm too OP. The only books I've come across so far are the random diaries you find across the world and the rumor mags at the stables.

Crayolan

Was it ever confirmed that there are multiple solutions to every shrine puzzle or was that just an urban legend?

I feel like I ended up clearing a shrine unconventionally since my method didn't really utilize the shrine's hint/name.

There's probably not an alternate solution to every shrine but I there definitely is for the large majority of them. Watching BotW streams has shown me lots of different ways of looking at certain shrines, and speedrunners have found ways to abuse stasis, bombs, and shield surf jumping to break shrines in amazing ways.

Anteo

Depends on what you consider different, is it different to use a barrel to press a button instead of using a box? or using your body and then stasis?

Or using your weapons instead of a metal object provided by the shirine?

jepense

I'd like something even simplier. Change the stamina wheel into a bar. Turn the spurs into a smaller icon.
I think some very early build of the game had the stamina as a bar. Probably people in play testing were not paying attention to stamina when lookin at Link, and the meter got moved. Of course, options wouldn't hurt.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I just watched someone beat a Major Strength trial in their first encounter, first try.
She sucks so much at playing video games (never realizing that the spinny attack colliding with the pillars stuns it after witnessing it like a half-dozen times in the trial, still mixing jump/attack/dash after 20+ hours, slamming the stick to crouch mid-combat), but it's endearing to see that they can still succeed in the game somewhat (thanks foods)...

The game wasn't designed for you to find them all... there are so many so that you consistently find them. So don't bother.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ehh, I never had the problems people have been talking about with locking on except when an enemy is above you, which only really came into play vs
Thunderblight
and flying guardians. But since you don't need to be locked on to parry/flurry rush it never really mattered to me.

The only time I had a problem with the camera was vs. Stone Talus where it gets stuck on the Talus body and if you try to circle around you can't see shit.

The real problem with the combat though is crouch being on L3. I died a lot due to accidentally crouching in the middle of a fight and not being able to pull up my shield because of it. They should have at least let you shield while crouching.

In major tests of strength it hardly ever keeps link facing into the screen. It'll stay locked on but link will pivot around the enemy so it is disorienting at best and harder to fight effectively

atr0cious

Everything about the castle is fantastic. Wandered into the l
ibrary
, ooh man the music. Saw a couple fases of the last boss, ready to start over now. Gonna start over and do it right, with nothing but voe outfits.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
so I found a strange
block with eye designs on it behind a waterfall, picked it up, etc, and nothing. What the hell does that thing do? I believe the waterfall is somewhere in the Gerudo area from what I recall.

this fucking blood moon shrine I swear to christ
it's easy:
1. don't wait around for a blood moon.
2. when you do spot a blood moon rising, fast travel immediately to the nearest tower and bust ass over to the shrine.
3. the blood moon will rise as you are on your way over there. don't worry about it.
4. get to the shrine and take off your equipment. the moon won't still be red but it won't matter.

Man, you guys suck that got the Deluxe Edition guide early! I ordered it in Mid February and mine won't arrive until Wednesday.

How does it look? Can anyone take a few nice pictures of the thing to increase my excitement?

15 hours morty, 15 fucking hours until I found that stable morty.

That's my whole character arc, morty, it takes nine seasons.

Nine whole seasons until I get that fucking horse registered in the stable morty.

My family? My sad soppy backstory about my dead wife, it was all bullshit, Morty.

15 hours morty, 15 fucking hours until I found that stable morty.

That's my whole character arc, morty, it takes nine seasons.

Nine whole seasons until I get that fucking horse registered in the stable morty.

My family? My sad soppy backstory about my dead wife, it was all bullshit, Morty.

At least it didn't take
100 years!
.com

Top Bottom