• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My sister-in-law babysat for us the other night, and saw my inventory screen as I saved the game before handing the screen over to her. She's been playing a lot herself, and mentioned I had a crazy amount of gemstones. I have around 10 diamonds and 150+ of some of the others. I did not think this was exceptional... there are deposits all over the map and Talus minibosses are piñatas of ore. She has played more of the story than I have and has a better idea of what is needed for upgrading equipment. She recommended I sell some of what I've collected. I wonder how much I could make if I sold off 100 each of the various kinds of stones. I don't even know how much they sell for.
Amber 30
Opal 60
Luminous Stone 70
Topaz 180
Ruby 210
Sapphire 260
Diamond 500

You can get more though from
the Gerudu in Goron City but she switches what she wants and only takes 10 at a time

I'm at work right now and away from my Switch, so this is probably really obvious, but where does it show that?
Haven't beaten the game yet myself so not sure, but I assume quest completion percentage will show up in the quest menu. Map completion shows up in the bottom left corner of the map.

Also just noticed my post got autocorrected to "beast Ganon" instead of "beat Ganon", but I suppose it's appropriate!

atr0cious

Okay, someone please give me the cheese solution for the shrine beside Woodland Stable. Particularly the puzzle at the very end that you have to solve to get the final chest. I've broken hammers and reloaded saves for about an hour now and I'm getting very frustrated.

Or at least a tip. It's beginning to seem impossible.
Z Target, hit once with sword, then give times with hammer.

So what's everyone's favorite theme so far in the game?

Dragon music
. When that first cued up, I figured I triggered something. Started looking around only to see what I would later learn was
Farosh
. I was legit blown away. Even now that I'm farming his drops, I never tire of the music.

lyrick

Started a new Game on another profile and noticed that all of the Kakariko Village Goddess Deity Statues are still
Yiga Clan Frog
statues. I still had to use
apples instead of Bananas
to solve the Korok seed. It was just off-putting.

Has anyone found a way to revert them, or are they supposed to be that way?

Z Target, hit once with sword, then give times with hammer.

Thanks! I'll give this a try right away.

Most of my launches were hitting the target, but had just the slightest bit too much power so they'd hit the rim and keep flying.

Dragon music
. When that first cued up, I figured I triggered something. Started looking around only to see what I would later learn was
Farosh
. I was legit blown away. Even now that I'm farming his drops, I never tire of the music.

Agree with this. Some of the coolest parts of the whole game were discovering these for the first time.

JoeNut

Sensor+: Let's you set it to search for things other than shrines

Bomb+: Double bomb damage, half recharge time

Stasis+: freeze enemies

Oh that does seem useful for stasis and Sensor, nto bothered really for bombs.

Will upgrade, cheers

Lgndryhr

I totally did, but I don't want to open it til I find all the shrines. I don't want to be tempted to look up the last two I need.

I missed out and now only Barnes and Noble has it, but for MSRP. Was hoping to nab this Deluxe version, but not at MSRP. Curious people's feedback on the deluxe version.

Started a new Game on another profile and noticed that all of the Kakariko Village Goddess Deity Statues are still
Yiga Clan Frog
statues. I still had to use
apples instead of Bananas
to solve the Korok seed. It was just off-putting.

Has anyone found a way to revert them, or are they supposed to be that way?

They've always been frogs.
The frog isn't a Yiga thing, the upside down Sheikah symbol is the Yiga thing.

Chaos17

Playing Persona 5, story driven game make me crave for Zelda simple story. Sometimes when you don't know how to develop your story then just stay simple damn it. 80% of my playtime has been about reading and yet I can't say I'm happy with Persona 5 story. While instead in Zelda, I wanted more story because I craved for more. I don't crave at all in Persona 5...

Aaaaa the shrine where you have to move a ball around a pinball like platform using the joy cons gyroscope is really hard and annoying. Considering skipping this shrine but I really don't want to.

So,favorite NPC?

Gonna go with Kass. I love his Shrine riddles and that accordeon is really soothing, especially when it's dark and rainy and you hear it in the distance.

duckroll

Damn today was productive. I went EVERYWHERE foresty looking for that last photo memory. Found it in the end but only after clearing a couple of extra quests and finding like 5 shrines I didn't know existed, and two more stables. Unbelievable. <3

Found the last memory too. That was easy.

Now I just need to clear a few more quests (I say this every week!) and then it's Ganon time! :D

Aaaaa the shrine where you have to move a ball around a pinball like platform using the joy cons gyroscope is really hard and annoying. Considering skipping this shrine but I really don't want to.

The marble maze. It's not difficult, just don't over correct your tilt, the ball has a lot of weight to it. Or you could do like many have and just flip the maze upside down.

Pinky

Banned
So what's everyone's favorite theme so far in the game?

So far? The theme that plays while traversing Death Mountain. A nice nod to the
Level 9 theme from the very first game.
Once I realized what it was, I was like "Ooohhhh shit!!" :O

Runner ups would be Goron City and Rito Village
(nice nod to Wind Waker)

So,favorite NPC?

Gonna go with Kass. I love his Shrine riddles and that accordeon is really soothing, especially when it's dark and rainy and you hear it in the distance.

Probably Yunobo. What a big, lovable goof.
Teaming up with him and ascending Death Mountain to board Vah Rudania was a lot of fun. The stop and go strategy to avoid being spotted by the sentries was pretty cool too.

Sh0k

So,favorite NPC?

+1 for Kass, I wish Nintendo or another company releases a Kass figure or at least an Amiibo.

WolfeTone

So,favorite NPC?

Agreed on Kass. Best Zelda NPC in a long time.
The end of his storyline was probably my favourite moment in the game.

I hope he's included in the DLC in some capacity. I wouldn't be mad at all if the story DLC involved Link trying to solve some more puzzles with the assistance of Kass.

The marble maze. It's not difficult, just don't over correct your tilt, the ball has a lot of weight to it. Or you could do like many have and just flip the maze upside down.

I dunno why, but I'm just terrible at motion control stuff man. Flip it up side down? Well I'll keep trying now that I have confirmation it's not impossible or anything like that. Thank you.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Damn today was productive. I went EVERYWHERE foresty looking for that last photo memory. Found it in the end but only after clearing a couple of extra quests and finding like 5 shrines I didn't know existed, and two more stables. Unbelievable. <3

Found the last memory too. That was easy.

Now I just need to clear a few more quests (I say this every week!) and then it's Ganon time! :D

Everywhere foresty? You mean you didn't talk to the travelling artist at the stables who points you in the right direction?

Everywhere foresty? You mean you didn't talk to the travelling artist at the stables who points you in the right direction?

Uhg my wife is playing as well as me, and she literally just skips through all of the text at every NPC. I had to yell at her and explain a lot of the text was important. Pikango is key to finding all of the memories!

Somehow she will listen to everything Beedle has to say though.

I'm gonna be in NYC this weekend and, of course, I'll be stopping by the Nintendo NY store. Do you think they will have a larger stock of some of the rare Amiibo? Or do you think it'll be the same situation as everywhere else.

I would love to get my hands on OOT Link and the WW Double Pack

Lilo_D

Finished the game at 160hr with 46.7% complete
Only 101 shrines and 270 seeds
One of the best game this gen
My game of this gen so far
BOTW
DKCTF
BloodBorne
Undertale

BTW that hyrule castle is definitely the best design dungeon in any game, no contest

Taking a peek of the korok puzzles and I would've never guessed done of them were puzzles. There's no way anyone could've gotten all of these without a guide.

jokkir

I beat this game like 10 times already and have around 120 hours and only beat two main dungeons.

I find myself not wanting to complete shrines so I can play them later and not run out :\ Also, I find myself retreading paths I've been to before and finding new things that I didn't see before

Vidiot

Finished the game at 160hr with 46.7% complete
Only 101 shrines and 270 seeds
One of the best game this gen
My game of this gen so far
BOTW
DKCTF
BloodBorne
Undertale

BTW that hyrule castle is definitely the best design dungeon in any game, no contest

It's an awesome area to explore but I wouldn't even consider it top 10 dungeon material. No puzzels, no unique enemies, easily to skip entire sections, lame boss. Like I said it's great to explore it for fun but imo it's not really even a dungeon.

Kaban

Regarding Rito Village,
I had a feeling I knew what the village theme would be modeled after, based on some of the hints given in this thread. But that rendition is better than I could have imagined. Wind Waker is my favourite of the Zelda games.

Pinky

Banned
Regarding Rito Village,
I had a feeling I knew what the village theme would be modeled after, based on some of the hints given in this thread. But that rendition is better than I could have imagined. Wind Waker is my favourite of the Zelda games.

Yep. Very peaceful and soothing.

pwack

Thanks! I'll give this a try right away.

Most of my launches were hitting the target, but had just the slightest bit too much power so they'd hit the rim and keep flying.

Agree with this. Some of the coolest parts of the whole game were discovering these for the first time.

Move the ball back before you hit it. You don't need to launch it from the platform it orig ally drops onto.

It's an awesome area to explore but I wouldn't even consider it top 10 dungeon material. No puzzels, no unique enemies, easily to skip entire sections, lame boss. Like I said it's great to explore it for fun but imo it's not really even a dungeon.

I'm looking at the bold and thinking you didn't actually find everything there is to find in Hyrule Castle.

I'm looking at the bold and thinking you didn't actually find everything there is to find in Hyrule Castle.

I really think going forward every dungeon should be like Hyrule Castle. Maybe add a bit more in the way of requirements like the terminals, and a few more levers/switches that change the layout (like the one that
creates an updraft
) but the open labyrinthine structure really made it feel like one of the best dungeons/interiors in all of gaming.

I mean, the ability to climb up a tower and climb into a castle through a window, travel from there into a secret escape passage used by royalty... it just felt like an incredible adventure. It really feels like the final realized form of the Zelda 1 dungeons.

Lilo_D

I do not targets to zelda traditional puzzle dungeon, i'm saying the general design and structure
It's so open-ended, so many entrance, so many hidden path
Different people can play it differently, easy to skip is also the beauty of it, it gives a way for people to skip it not forcing a linear approach
It didn't force you to do anything, yet it self contain so much in it
Even the korok seed is brilliant, the music is beyond god-like

Cartho

3 divine beasts down and I just took out a Guardian Scout IV in a Major test shrine and a Black Hinox in the wild. The way they've managed to implement a serious progression system into this without experience points, level ups and stats is amazing.

Top Bottom