• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

maxcriden

Hopefully it fixes death mountain. First time doing some actual fighting there and the FPS came to a crawl and there were only like two of those giant bokoblins

That's a notorious trouble spot. I haven't encountered enemy encounter FPS problems as bad anywhere else in the game, especially post-patch. The only comparable FPS problems are a certain forest (but those aren't as bad post-patch).

watershed

Banned
I've recently come to the conclusion that BOTW is a better experience in handheld mode than tv mode. In tv mode the jaggies, low res textures, overall resolution, framerate issues, and pop in are much more noticeable. At the same time, the visuals are simply less impressive on the tv where we've had hd games with more impressive graphical quality for years now.

But in handheld mode BOTW is the best looking handheld game ever, the 720p resolution is great, the low res textures are far less noticeable, and the framerate issues are less frequent and less severe. Overall the game is just way more impressive when I'm holding it in my hands than when I'm playing it on my tv.

Anyone pick up that new Deluxe Edition guide?

Want to see pics of that beautiful thing!

Mine comes in tomorrow. So glad I didn't rush through and beat the game already.

Now I have a shiny new patch to play through and the Guide will be nice to eek out a more complete playthrough :)

Neverfade

I don't want an outright answer of its location, but are there any hints about where to find the fairy fountain near Kakariko? Everyone just says they hear there is one but I'll be damned if i've found it.

This might sound weird, but do the type of bows you use affect your arrows?

For example, I was firing bomb arrows at goblins, but they didn't do explode, they just acted like normal arrows. I'm certain they were bomb arrows because you could see the Bomb attached to the arrow's end when link draws the bow.

Or maybe a glitch perhaps.

For example, I was firing bomb arrows at goblins, but they didn't do explode, they just acted like normal arrows. I'm certain they were bomb arrows because you could see the Bomb attached to the arrow's end when link draws the bow.

Bomb arrows don't explode in the rain.
Was it raining?

GDGF

Soothsayer

Was it raining?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Fire and bomb arrows don't work properly in the rain.

Anteo

I don't want an outright answer of its location, but are there any hints about where to find the fairy fountain near Kakariko? Everyone just says they hear there is one but I'll be damned if i've found it.

The painter in kakariko gives you a quest to help him find it. You can only take the quest if you talked to impa and finish first chain of quest she gives you. The painter will guide you to the area nearby the fountain.

watershed

Banned
I just realized that every time you find a korok you kind of scare them which makes them poop out a seed. Suddenly the final reward for finding all 900 korok seeds makes so much more sense.

En-ou

Over 45hrs in, still have entered a dungeon and revealed the other half of the map. I'm just having a ball doing side quests, shrines and exploring. This game is absolutely massive.
You can be 400 hours in and not enter a dungeon because there aren't any. The game has shrines and beasts not dungeons. Don't set yourself up for disappointment.

RagnarokX

Did a shrine last night that took me a long time to get through. I look it up now and the actual solution is completely different. Apparently for the Bravery's Grasp shrine you're supposed to
remove the laser and put it on the moving platform. I would have never known! Right after I finished, I thought, how can that platform possibly be useful?

Here was my experience with that one:

I tried using bombs a couple of times but ruled that out because it wasn't working well and it had nothing to do with the moving platform. Then I noticed that the laser wasn't really doing anything because, for one, you can easily jump over it and, for another, the laser box wasn't fully up against the wall so you could just climb over the laser box itself. And when I went over to the box to climb over it and mess with it I got the pick up prompt.

Mega

Banned
Real funny with the impossible dye recipes in Hateno! I was trying to make red dye and was confused when I got a spicy elixir... then realized you can't mix 6 ingredients!

I've crossed Gerudo Canyon several times, and yet today I found the
three blood brothers for the Test of Will Shrine Quest
for the first time. 200+ hours and I had no idea this was here...

You can be 400 hours in and not enter a dungeon because there aren't any. The game has shrines and beasts not dungeons. Don't set yourself up for disappointment.

But I read about people talking about dungeons that they weren't as good. Ok, so there's none now.

Mistle

I've crossed Gerudo Canyon several times, and yet today I found the
three blood brothers for the Test of Will Shrine Quest
for the first time. 200+ hours and I had no idea this was here...

yeah this was one of my last shrines. and damn i swear a searched every inch of that canyon beforehand!

Maybe someone can answer this. I downloaded Zelda before I had my memory card. Is there anyway I can just transfer the data onto the memory card or will I have to delete it and then redownload it back onto the SD.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
For some reason I seem plagued with chus - getting giant ones popping out at very inopportune moments. Along with skeletons at night and now random
yiga clan
, even clear areas aren't quiet. Can be a little frustrating though - skeletons aren't a challenge, more of a distraction

GRW810

Did a shrine last night that took me a long time to get through. I look it up now and the actual solution is completely different. Apparently for the Bravery's Grasp shrine you're supposed to
remove the laser and put it on the moving platform. I would have never known! Right after I finished, I thought, how can that platform possibly be useful?
I posted about this shrine a few days ago. Had me completely stumped. I only discovered I could use the laser after I accidentally dislodged it with a bomb.

Monumma

Maybe someone can answer this. I downloaded Zelda before I had my memory card. Is there anyway I can just transfer the data onto the memory card or will I have to delete it and then redownload it back onto the SD.

As far as I know there us no way to transfer stuff from/to the SD yet.

Gamexplain is saying that the freeze that happened when moblins ragdolled may have been fixed. Can anyone report in this?
Edit: nevermind, just saw the thread.

watershed

Banned
Is there a specific music cue for hidden shrines or shrines you get from shrine quests? Sometimes there is this really gentle, relaxed music that plays at certain shrines. I don't know what makes that music appear though, as its not just 1 shrine or even 1 area. Gonna look for it on youtube.

duckroll

I kinda agree that there are "no dungeons" in the game in a sense. That's not a good or bad thing. It's just different and some people will be more bothered than others about that.

_Clash_

Defeated all 4 divine beasts and at 70 shrines. Pretty pumped because now I just wonder around even more and do as I please as the divine beasts are sorted. My next session is all about foraging and chilling in Hateno because I'm running low on supplies, using handheld more than expected

Good stuff

Kass amiibo ffs

jariw

Aonuma!!!! This^ !!!

It's already available. No proper animation for it, but the action to do it is there.

I've recently come to the conclusion that BOTW is a better experience in handheld mode than tv mode. In tv mode the jaggies, low res textures, overall resolution, framerate issues, and pop in are much more noticeable. At the same time, the visuals are simply less impressive on the tv where we've had hd games with more impressive graphical quality for years now.

But in handheld mode BOTW is the best looking handheld game ever, the 720p resolution is great, the low res textures are far less noticeable, and the framerate issues are less frequent and less severe. Overall the game is just way more impressive when I'm holding it in my hands than when I'm playing it on my tv.

I came to the opposite conclusion. The big screen and the surround sound creates a far better immersion than the tiny Switch screen in stereo sound. Getting up on a hill top in handheld mode only achieves the impression of climbing a tiny hill top. It's like watching a movie on the tablet.

Mistle

Is there a specific music cue for hidden shrines or shrines you get from shrine quests? Sometimes there is this really gentle, relaxed music that plays at certain shrines. I don't know what makes that music appear though, as its not just 1 shrine or even 1 area. Gonna look for it on youtube.

It seems to play when the find a shrine that is somewhat hidden, yeah. I really like it. It changes too depending on what region you're in!

Branduil

After upgrading to 18 weapon slots I think I'm done with those. Don't want to get
~50 more korok seeds
just for one more slot.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
After upgrading to 18 weapon slots I think I'm done with those. Don't want to get
~50 more korok seeds
just for one more slot.

You find Koroks everywhere, you'll easily find that number. I've opened all my slots and I'm still finding more Koroks all the time.

jepense

I kinda agree that there are "no dungeons" in the game in a sense. That's not a good or bad thing. It's just different and some people will be more bothered than others about that.
Yes. There is a lot of dungeon-like gameplay though. I don't care if the next Zelda has traditional dungeons or noy, but I like it a lot how the shrines, beasts and overworld puzzles distribute this gameplay in BotW.

Also listening to the soundtrack and reliving some of the key moments through that I've become convinced that as a whole (lead-up, entering, navigating, conquering) Vah Rutah and Vah Naboris are among my favorite sequences built around a Zelda "dungeon".

Top Bottom