• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

Megatron

Speaking of Blood Moons, I do find the surprise Blood Moons annoying. You know, when you're just walking along during the daytime and you happen to walk into a bad spot and it triggers the moon instantly. If you're lucky you can sometimes notice the red particles and do a 180 and get outta there, but most of the time it's too late.

Do the blood moons do anything besides revive fallen enemies? I never noticed any other changes/challenges. The only part I hate about them is watching the same damn cut scene every time. 'I'm 130 hours in, I think I know its a blood moon, you dont have to explain it again.'

you get the true ending if you collect all. that's about it.

Dont expect much from the additional ending.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
anyone managed to get the hero's shield from the zelda toon amiibo ?

nevermind i got it after 1 hour of save scumming

Heero5

Do the blood moons do anything besides revive fallen enemies? I never noticed any other changes/challenges. The only part I hate about them is watching the same damn cut scene every time. 'I'm 130 hours in, I think I know its a blood moon, you dont have to explain it again
Doesn't the Blood Moon also respawn weapons that have dedicated locations around Hyrule?

Interestingly I can't seem to get stores to replenish there stock of arrows, even Beetle won't carry more.

I was laughing at people who said they found another stable. Like honestly, how do you miss them?

And then I find another stable...

This game. I think the portability thing makes it way more fun. I honestly can't sit down and play the Witcher like this on my PS4. It get bored and my attention wanders to something else. But since the Switch's screen isn't too intrusive, I can play and do other things. I can't do that on a big TV.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If it's not midnight and they're showing up, it's a glitch (probably a memory leak issue). Immediately quit the game and power down your system, and that seems to fix it.

Also, pro-tip: try not to leave your system in sleep mode while a game is running unless you absolutely have to.

I don't think it's a glitch. I've had one instance where a platform I was about to get on started to trigger it so I dropped down and nothing happened. Got onto the platform and it triggered.

Also, sleep mode is one of the best features of the Switch.

Are there any other means of getting heart containers besides
shrines and DB's
? Weighing how hard I want to go after the last
60 shrines

Branduil

Speaking of Blood Moons, I do find the surprise Blood Moons annoying. You know, when you're just walking along during the daytime and you happen to walk into a bad spot and it triggers the moon instantly. If you're lucky you can sometimes notice the red particles and do a 180 and get outta there, but most of the time it's too late.

Pretty sure any Blood Moon not at midnight is a glitch.

jariw

Do the blood moons do anything besides revive fallen enemies? I never noticed any other changes/challenges. The only part I hate about them is watching the same damn cut scene every time. 'I'm 130 hours in, I think I know its a blood moon, you dont have to explain it again.'

All resources that has been removed are relocated, such as ore, plants and weapons. It seems like Blood Moons is also some kind of subtle level upgrade. I encounter more harder bokoblins now than in the beginning (I have not yet battled any divine beast). Some ore locations that I've mined a lot seems to degrade in value for each blood moon.

Pinky

Banned
Finally activated the last
Sheikah Tower and have now exposed the entire map.
I now possess the
Ancient Cuirass and Ancient Grieves. All I need now is the helmet.

Firebrand

Red Moon Shrine Quest sure is a test of patience..

I think Switch glitch aside, the blood moon happens at a regular interval? So if you haven't seen a blood moon in a few days, go talk to Moon Boy at the stables to see if there's gonna be one tonight. Of course, it'll be raining so you'll have to wait that out too...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Why are you watching the cutscene instead of skipping it?

I've played for around 3 hours the last two nights each and still cannot get a damned blood moon to spawn. I've tried just going about my business and doing other side quests, but nothing. Do you have to kill a certain amount of enemies to cause one?

Anteo

I've played for around 3 hours the last two nights each and still cannot get a damned blood moon to spawn. I've tried just going about my business and doing other side quests, but nothing. Do you have to kill a certain amount of enemies to cause one?

Yes. Kill lynels and other bosses, clear camps too. The game doenst like when those are gone for too long.

jariw

You can do things like mining as well to trigger it. The important thing is that you remove permanent resources from the overworld.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
So, just got to
Korok Forest
last night while I was in docked mode.

Don't know what I was expecting, but the framerate there is garbage. I can't imagine trying to play it before the patch. Will have to check it out in handheld mode, which is how I've played it for probably 75% of this game.

Anteo

Blah. This is what I get for leaving that shrine as the very last one. I'm garbage against lynels, too.

Then try clearing camps and killing hinox and talus. Also mining. Remmeber you dont need to be on the pedestal when the cutscene triggers at midnight, the blood moon just has to be visible on the sky. If the shirine doesnt appear then you are missing part of the riddle.

TheFuzz

Blah. This is what I get for leaving that shrine as the very last one. I'm garbage against lynels, too.

Once you get stasis upgraded, farming lynels is fun.

You wait for their charge or movement attacks, stasis, then move into position and spam bomb arrows or charge attacks with Urbosa's Fury.

jokkir

So, just got to
Korok Forest
last night while I was in docked mode.

Don't know what I was expecting, but the framerate there is garbage. I can't imagine trying to play it before the patch. Will have to check it out in handheld mode, which is how I've played it for probably 75% of this game.

It was the same. Maybe a wider range of slowdown but very similar in the fps you get in that area.

Pinky

Banned
Yes. Kill lynels and other bosses, clear camps too. The game doenst like when those are gone for too long.

I believe you are correct. I've been farming Guardians in Central Hyrule for their parts and wiped out pretty much all of them. I saved the game and closed it for the night. The following evening, I wanted to continue farming and realized there were no Guardians to be found. I thought, "Man, I could really use a blood moon right about now." I shit you not... a few seconds after that thought crossed my mind, a red moon began to appear.

giphy.gif

Somehow, unlike all the other characters, Revali actually has decent voice acting.

I really just felt like Mipha was the only terrible one, and Zelda. The other champions were good enough for me. Something that really bugs the hell out of me is the fact that the audio cues aren't correct. FFX HD ran into this problem. One line of dialogue would end and another would IMMEDIATELY start after that.

Realeza

Banned
How on Earth is it that I have only found 20% of all the Koroks in the game? I've played for 100 hours and looked everywhere (I think). Is there a category of Korok i have missed? I've done:

Under rocks
Missing rocks
Different Shapes
Jumping in lilipads
Rock shapes in water
Invisible ones
Popping balloons
Timed races
Rolling rocks into a specific hole

That's all I think.

TheJoRu

How on Earth is it that I have only found 20% of all the Koroks in the game? I've played for 100 hours and looked everywhere (I think). Is there a category of Korok i have missed? I've done:

Under rocks
Missing rocks
Different Shapes
Jumping in lilipads
Rock shapes in water
Invisible ones
Popping balloons
Timed races

That's all I think.

I suppose they count in the "under rocks"-category, but some of the rocks are
buried under stacks of leaves you need to burn

Futureman

I did the gyro shrine yesterday where at the end of the shrine there's 3 balls with 3 holes you need to get them in. I could feel this dread that I would be stuck for an hour and would end up throwing my Joy Cons but I lucked out and got them all in!

Yesterday was pretty productive. Played for about 4 hours and got 6 or so shrines, 1 tower (I think I only have 3 left), added weapon/bow slots, got more korok seeds.

also I found a spot where it said "You cannot go any further" or something to that effect. Weird. I thought they would just use water to limit the boundaries.

random25

Under rocks
Missing rocks
Different Shapes
Jumping in lilipads
Rock shapes in water
Invisible ones
Popping balloons
Timed races

That's all I think.

Have you popped wooden/clay(?) pots stuck on tree or log holes?
Burned pile of leaves where a rock hides underneath?
Climbed suspicious poles or very tall trees?
Picking up fruits from trees to make it similar to two fruit-bearing tress beside it?
Melted ice blocks?
Offered apples to statues?

Realeza

Banned
I did the gyro shrine yesterday where at the end of the shrine there's 3 balls with 3 holes you need to get them in. I could feel this dread that I would be stuck for an hour and would end up throwing my Joy Cons but I lucked out and got them all in!

Yesterday was pretty productive. Played for about 4 hours and got 6 or so shrines, 1 tower (I think I only have 3 left), added weapon/bow slots, got more korok seeds.

also I found a spot where it said "You cannot go any further" or something to that effect. Weird. I thought they would just use water to limit the boundaries.

There's two spots in the world where that happens: north of Akkala and Gerudo.

Realeza

Banned
Have you popped wooden/clay(?) pots stuck on tree or log holes?
Burned pile of leaves where a rock hides underneath?
Climbed suspicious poles or very tall trees?
Picking up fruits from trees to make it similar to two fruit-bearing tress beside it?
Melted ice blocks?
Offered apples to statues?

Yes, forgot to mention those, except for the fruits from trees. Awesome!

Pinky

Banned

Yep. This happened to me the other day for the first time. It was the northeast corner of the map.

Majine

Banned

Don't crucify me now, but when I experienced that, I thought.... isn't that kinda... lazy? They could've solved that in the worlds own logic, say, Link faints of exhaustion and is mysteriously carried to safety within the map.

The game is so good that when stuff like this happens, it's extra jarring to me.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm garbage against lynels, too.
One thing I found is that
bows are extremely good against Lynels. It lets you get damage while they're running around, and a headshot stuns them for a long time. It's a bigger opening than any parry/perfect dodge.

When they're downed from a headshot, it's good to either headshot them repeatedly with a multi-shot bow for high DPS, or get a two-handed weapon and charge up a spin attack. Adding Urbosa's Fury to it helps too.

Struct09

I was in the same spot you were, that shrine was my last as well. I went around killing every Hinox and Lynel I could find and the game threw me a Blood Moon pretty fast.

Nictel

I guess I got really lucky: I reached Kass, he mentioned about the quest, I made a camp fire, sat till night - blood moon appears.

I wonder if it actually is scripted to give a blood moon the first night after getting the quest because I heard quite a few people say this.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I did the final dungeon, it was just as disappointing as the others, and I have only 1 shrine left before I head off to Hyrule Castle.

I will probably do some side quest that I want to do.

It makes them stronger and they carry stronger weapons also any collectibles that you pick up in the over world like apples, ores, etc also respawn.

Sometimes I jam on buttons and cant get the skip button to pop up. It only happened a couple of times though.

Press X then the start button.

I just skip it as fast as I can so I don't end up hearing Zelda's terrible voice.

Top Bottom