• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

Did some farming on lunch just now. Wound up buying the
Desert Voe
set and the
Radiant
set, along with buying a mother fucking
HOUSE
!

I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to everyone in this thread. I've come here for both discussion and questions, but you guys are always really respectful and are great with hiding spoilers. You're all really helpful and awesome :)

Hustler

In pre-release footage there was a function of the sheikah scope where you could mark enemies, it'd fill a little circle progress bar then show their health over their head. Now I am pretty sure this just ended up being cut from the game, but I wanted to check to make sure it wasn't some function I just never figured out how to do. Anyone?

That's still in the game, I think it's the blue shirt that gives you the ability to see enemy health bars. You get it very early in the game from a quest.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I still have 26 shrines left and I can't possibly imagine where they'd be as I feel like I've canvassed the game multiple times.

Finally managed to track down Kilton last night over 90 hours into the game. When I read he was in a hot-air balloon and around Skull lake I was looking up in the air, not on the ground. Had so many monster parts that I managed to buy out his entire inventory on the first go-round.

Pinky

Banned
Little Mons†er;233870079 said:
Just a question, what is the best and easiest and quickest way to earn rupees? Selling Ores? Diamonds?

Selling
Guardian parts
is good too, especially if you've already created and upgraded the
Ancient Armor set

Just a question, what is the best and easiest and quickest way to earn rupees? Selling Ores? Diamonds?

I found a video on YouTube that can generate roughly 54k per hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I32IH0a9Dkg

This video assumes you know about
Farrosh
, so beware if you don't.

Requires you to have a Golden Bow (easy enough to get, there's one right near Gerudo Tower hidden in a big hill) and plenty of arrows. The horns sell for 300 rupees each and you can get about 3-4 per minute. Get yourself a flame sword to keep lightning your campfire and just rinse and repeat. I seriously recommend the Golden Bow because it shoots pretty straight for a good distance, unlike other bows.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
That's still in the game, I think it's the blue shirt that gives you the ability to see enemy health bars. You get it very early in the game from a quest.

Well yeah, I have that. I just mean specifically the scope function that did a similar thing. Maybe they just moved it entirely to that shirt.

They're everywhere in the Gerudo mountain region.

Just take a picture of a swift violet and turn on your shiekah sensor to find them.

The point is I don't need to look at walls I walk by, or spending my arrows to shoot them down. Now I can simply teleport to Zora region a few times this week then I can fully upgrade my armors. :)

holy.. I might actually look up what is needed to upgrade armour to the top level then. No point pushing for that much money if I don't have the materials. Simpler to do them both in parallel.

Would you recommend just upgrading ancient armour and/or Hatena armour to the max defence? If I'm in a fight I probably won't be wearing climbing pants so just take those to level 2?

I'm sitting on 20,000 rupees after buying everything that can be bought in the game including all of the pictures and wiping out the inventory for every store that has arrows each time I pass by. I didn't farm for cash either, just mined whenever I spotted a sparkly rock. Selling your gem stones will keep you flush and a quick mining expedition or battle with a Talus or two will take care of what you need for upgrades. Just keep the diamonds until you don't need them for upgrades anymore.

KingV

Not entirely true. I mined a few ores and there was a blood moon a minute after. I went back and no ore respawned.

I believe they have their own internal spawn timer or a minimum time needs to elapse before the next blood moon respawns them.

I know at least some plants seem to respawn every 24 hours.

Cleared all the outstanding Shrine Quests I had. Explored the Forgotten Temple. Decided to do a trial run of Hyrule Castle for cookbook + loot. OMG. This Castle is totally made for exploration and not for rushing to the final boss. Maybe they should have put a boss door blocking off Ganon until you explored the Castle to find like... 5 different keys to unlock different parts of the door? Would that encourage other players to explore the Castle more? Because goddamn, seeing how passages connect, finding secret pathways, figuring out how you can stealth the shit out of encounters. FUCK. YEAH.
I think they wanted to avoid gating the player off. I met the boss accidentally, I flew threw the window and the cutscene started, I though it was just another room I was flying into.

I hope they take Hyrule Castle concept even further in the next game. It was amazing for me since I did it with three hearts and little stamina upgrades.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
For money, I've been selling meat.

In the
Hebra region, there are a lot of animals that drop good meat items, as long as you can get them before they freeze over. So I get on my horse and just ride around hunting there.

Once you have the meat, there's an NPC at the stable near the south end of Hyrule Field who buys raw gourmet meat for 100 rupees each. The quest is repeatable three times a day, but there's a campfire nearby so you can just rest there unless it's raining.

Then I make dishes made of 5 raw prime meats, which sell for 210 rupees apiece.

I found a video on YouTube that can generate roughly 54k per hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I32IH0a9Dkg

This video assumes you know about
Farrosh
, so beware if you don't.

Requires you to have a Golden Bow (easy enough to get, there's one right near Gerudo Tower hidden in a big hill) and plenty of arrows. The horns sell for 300 rupees each and you can get about 3-4 per minute. Get yourself a flame sword to keep lightning your campfire and just rinse and repeat. I seriously recommend the Golden Bow because it shoots pretty straight for a good distance, unlike other bows.
Oooo, this sounds really cool, and faster than my meat method. Will have to try this.

LaNaranja

Do you have the
Master
Sword or are you good with parries? If so, selling Guardian parts.

If not, go to the
Hebra region and hunt animals. Everything from foxes and moose to wolves and rhinos all drop prime meat and will occasionally drop gourmet meat. Cooking five gourmet meat together will sell for 490 while five pieces of prime cooked together sells for like 290. A single arrow to the head will kill any animal so take a horse to time your shots. Also be sure to pick up the meat quickly otherwise it will freeze and not be worth as much.

Edit: beaten above. Apparently this information should be spoiler tagged?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
thunder
blight really had me stumped for ages with his second phase, even with the hints. My kids were mocking me because they'd just done that same boss a little while earlier and so they knew the solution. When I realised, it was a forehead slapping moment

3 down, one to go. Also cleared the blood moon quest before midnight. Noticed it rising at 10pm and legged it to the location by 11pm.

For money, I've been selling meat.

In the
Hebra region, there are a lot of animals that drop good meat items, as long as you can get them before they freeze over. So I get on my horse and just ride around hunting there.

Once you have the meat, there's an NPC at the stable near the south end of Hyrule Field who buys raw gourmet meat for 100 rupees each. The quest is repeatable three times a day, but there's a campfire nearby so you can just rest there unless it's raining.

Then I make dishes made of 5 raw prime meats, which sell for 210 rupees apiece.

Oooo, this sounds really cool, and faster than my meat method. Will have to try this.

Highly recommended. I ran into a weird issue where if the horns were in the water, I couldn't pick them up. Tried reloading and everything. What I did to alleviate this was to wait for the arrow to hit in bullet time (you'll see the confirmation), leave bullet time, and wait for the shard to actually pop off him. I noticed they moved to the left and right 100% of the time while doing this. If you just shoot him, then rest immediately, it will fall straight down into the water.

Was reading the latest issue of Edge. For those who don't know, they have this page called Still Playing, in which they detail three different titles they're, well, still playing.
But this month it's three little blurbs on Breath of the Wild, each one detailing a different aspect of what makes it so special. One about Eventide Island, one about replaying it and still discovering adventure in each direction and one about how easily you get distracted from a goal you set out, only to do something else entirely for three hours but still having a great time.

Was reading the latest issue of Edge. For those who don't know, they have this page called Still Playing, in which they detail three different titles they're, well, still playing.
But this month it's three little blurbs on Breath of the Wild, each one detailing a different aspect of what makes it so special. One about Eventide Island, one about replaying it and still discovering adventure in each direction and one about how easily you get distracted from a goal you set out, only to do something else entirely for three hours but still having a great time.

I went looking for the
ancient tree stump
to get a great flameblade. It took me 2 days to get there because I just got distracted along the way. Found a few shrines and
Zelda
's horse.

Chinbo37

46 shrines
99 seeds
11k rupees
divine beasts
done
fairies
found
Still 9 regions left where I havent gotten the tower and the are for the most part unexplored.

65 hours. Still going ...

Speely

Banned
46 shrines
99 seeds
11k rupees
divine beasts
done
fairies
found
Still 9 regions left where I havent gotten the tower and the are for the most part unexplored.

That's a much higher seed count than I had at that point. Hell, I only recently broke 100 after about 100 shrines, and I have the whole map opened up lol.

I guess it's because I don't really seek them out, but just keep my eyes out for onea on the way to wherever. I have no plans of finding all of them.

Chinbo37

That's a much higher seed count than I had at that point. Hell, I only recently broke 100 after about 100 shrines, and I have the whole map opened up lol.

I guess it's because I don't really seek them out, but just keep my eyes out for onea on the way to wherever. I have no plans of finding all of them.

I have like 85 to redeem or something like that and I really need to find the guy. I should he going to his area next.

Honestly I can see seed searching droping off the second half of the game. I have been combing every inch of each new area for seeds but it's really taking forever. Once I redeem these and actually get the extra slots I might not search as hard as before.

Cleared all the outstanding Shrine Quests I had. Explored the Forgotten Temple. Decided to do a trial run of Hyrule Castle for cookbook + loot. OMG. This Castle is totally made for exploration and not for rushing to the final boss. Maybe they should have put a boss door blocking off Ganon until you explored the Castle to find like... 5 different keys to unlock different parts of the door? Would that encourage other players to explore the Castle more? Because goddamn, seeing how passages connect, finding secret pathways, figuring out how you can stealth the shit out of encounters. FUCK. YEAH.

Nah, the castle didn't really need keys.

It's there if you're curious enough to wander into its halls and dungeons.

If you just want to go to the boss you can do that, too.

8bit

Knows the Score
I have a question regarding the shrines, finished the game last week with 115 shrines, under the shrine quest log I had 68 out 72 done. The other day playing the game I found one extra shrine in the map that triggered the sensor, activated the shrine and now I have 116 found. Yesterday I triggered one shrine quest but it is for a shrine that I already did, the quest changed to complete immediately, my shrine quest counter is now 69 out of 72 but my shrine found total still the same at 116. That means that I still have some shrines left around the map?

For some of the Shrine quests, you might have already completed them but not triggered the actual Shrine quest yet. Once you do so, they'll be completed without adding to your Shrine total.

For instance, I had completed the Shrine on the spiral island but didn't read the text on the stone first so the quest was still open until I did so.

Anyone have hints about farming scales from Dragons? I need them for a thing.

Red

For some of the Shrine quests, you might have already completed them but not triggered the actual Shrine quest yet. Once you do so, they'll be completed without adding to your Shrine total.

For instance, I had completed the Shrine on the spiral island but didn't read the text on the stone first so the quest was still open until I did so.

I have played for about 70 hours and no dragons have spawned yet. I've mentioned it before in these OTs, but I'm pretty sure you need to pass some milestone in the main story quest before the appear.

TheJoRu

my quest for 900 seeds is taking forever

I'm going for 900 seeds too. I've been trying to space out how I play and explore; I don't want to end up with this huge amount of Korok seeds still left but nothing else in the world to do. That will happen at some point eventually, obviously, but I'm at 430 seeds right now with plenty of shrines to find and do, a Divine Beast left to conquer, side quests, armor upgrades and of course defeating Ganon. Also, I've heard mentioned at least two minigames I have not seen a glimpse of.

Hopefully I won't have more than say 200-250 seeds to go once the grind truly begins.

En-ou

That feel when you actually do well while fighting on a horse
b0oqIAu.gif
That is me most of the time in open plains. I can flip off and shoot an arrow in mid air and land right back on my horse.

Makes me wonder why the scrubs keep saying horses are useless and controls bad etc. Oh wait. Scrubs.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
People actually see horses as "useless" because a lot of the time you find yourself climbing up rock faces where horses can't go.

OH SHIT, I thought I was still missing a shrine quest, but turns out I had completed it already
(spiral beach shrine), and I just needed to read a stone tablet in order to mark it as completed.

So I guess the last shrine I need is really just well hidden, which is kind of a relief since all I need to do is keep an eye on the sensor. Or at least I hope so.

Ogni-XR21

I finally fought Ganon, in the green tunic. According to the daily log of my Wii U I played a total of 225 hours. But considering how many breaks I took it's probably more around 200.

Not sure if I want to go for more korok seeds, as this is probably all that I have really left to do now, it's also time to move on. I need to play some other games and I also got into the EU Gran Turismo Sports beta so now was a good time to finish this one.

Great game, exceeded my expectations by far, and those were quite high to begin with. Really looking forward to playing Horizon soon, but I will probably wait a bit before I get that.

Edit:

OH SHIT, I thought I was still missing a shrine quest, but turns out I had completed it already
(spiral beach shrine), and I just needed to read a stone tablet in order to mark it as completed.

So I guess the last shrine I need is really just well hidden, which is kind of a relief since all I need to do is keep an eye on the sensor. Or at least I hope so.

It could also be a hidden shrine that is not a shrine quest so the sensor might not really help you, but good luck on your search.

Brizzo24

46 shrines
99 seeds
11k rupees
divine beasts
done
fairies
found

It's the game that keeps on giving. I fear I will burn out on it before I finish, as I am exactly where you are now. 65 hours in, but w/ about 60 seeds. Looking for that second
fairy
though

It could also be a hidden shrine that is not a shrine quest so the sensor might not really help you, but good luck on your search.
Oh fuck, it doesn't track those? So far it's only helped me find one shrine, which was already above ground (just hidden behind breakable rocks.)

Welp

Did you find the one in
Hyrule Castle
? IIRC this one is hidden but no shrine quest.
Yeah go that one.

Is there a hidden shrine at the (Central Hyrule spoilers)
ranch ruins
? I saw birds circling above, but I'm not sure if it's just because they wanted me to check it out. There's certainly space for a shrine there.

Yeah go that one.

ranch ruins
? I saw birds circling above, but I'm not sure if it's just because they wanted me to check it out. There's certainly space for a shrine there.
Nope.

The other hidden shrines without shrine quests I know of are one in
gerudo highlands
and one in
gerudo desert

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233870494&postcount=4362

See my post from earlier.

keakster

Yeah go that one.

ranch ruins

The last ones I needed were a couple of well hidden ones in the
Hebra mountain range

Any idea when hard mode comes out? I'm almost done but don't want to finish because I don't want to do second playthrough until I can play on hard...

Top Bottom