• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

GJS

Dark Schala said:
Shinies can be pretty sometimes. >.>

Time to run through the Fire Temple. I did what I always do:
get the bow & arrow from the Forest Temple, run out of there, get the Biggoron Sword, then come back to fight Phantom Ganon
. :D

Ah, gotcha. Yes... the bilingual logo is a bit irritating. Though it isn't as bad as the Canadian bilingual cover of FFIV DS vs the US cover of FFIV DS. Actually, I had two copies of Bubble Bobble Double Shot--the Canadian cover seemed to be printed badly, and the US cover was fine. Oh well.
Seems odd to do that and then leave before completing the temple, I always complete the trading quest before even starting the temple.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
GJS said:
Seems odd to do that and then leave before completing the temple, I always complete the trading quest before even starting the temple.
The weapon you get there is helpful when shooting down enemies on Death Mountain. More range than the other ranged weapon at your disposal at that point, imo. Of course, using just the hookshot could make it more fun and interesting. I haven't done that in a while, though! I really should attempt it in Master Quest.

Scum

Out on the piss and missing this game. I just play it without the 3D cranked all the to the max! I find it funny that a remake of a 13yr old game ultilises the 3DS prominent features so fucking well! ;-)

GJS

Dark Schala said:
The weapon you get there is helpful when shooting down enemies on Death Mountain. More range than the other ranged weapon at your disposal at that point, imo. Of course, using just the hookshot could make it more fun and interesting. I haven't done that in a while, though! I really should attempt it in Master Quest.
Oh I never take the long way, I always open the route from Goron City to the Crater straight away.

Gravijah

I can't believe I have played this game a billion times, but my horrible ass memory is making me forget all kinds of small details.

...It does make replaying games more exciting, at least.

SmithnCo

Dedication Through Light said:
Does say my Din's Fire get upgrade like the hookshot did? I find just spamming Din's Fire kind of fun (love Link's animation for it)

No, only a few things like the bow get upgrades.

Cygnus X-1

I really can't believe how shit is the translation in italian. It's seriously bad and I'm going to play the game with english or french subs.

Roto13

Dark Schala said:
I suddenly despise Canadian covers even moreso. Why ruin the cover with the bilingual label? It's great that I can play it in French (I might play through Master Quest in French), but don't destroy the cover!

JD0Yl.jpg

I wish we got the US cover... Ours isn't even shiny.
Urgh, yeah. the OOT label isn't busy enough for the french label to look ok. So many reasons to hate Quebec. :p

NEO0MJ

Electivirus said:
Do my eyes decieve me, or...do
Super!Twinrova's
tits jiggle now? @_@
No way would they bother adding new animations. Maybe that animation was in the original game but you were too young to notice?
Anyways, reached the Shadow temple and I'm somewhat disappointed by the new Dead Hands, they don't freak me out as much as the old ones.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Just finished listening to the music during the credits makes me want that cd now. Game is still this awesome 13 years later.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Roto13 said:
Urgh, yeah. the OOT label isn't busy enough for the french label to look ok. So many reasons to hate Quebec. :p
Ah, Quebec's cool. I have no problems with them.

It's probably Nintendo of Canada's fault. They pretty much killed both OoT and DQ6's covers with that label. Put that shit on the back of the box, or closer to the ESRB logo--make the label smaller if they have to.

Roto13

I think they removed a bombable wall from the Water Temple. I could have sworn I had to blow one up in that room where you hit the switch and a ton of enemies fall from the ceiling. Right after raising the water level and dropping into the hole under the platform in the room with the middle water level switch in it.

EDIT: Augh, is this new or have I been missing it all these years? Dark Link is your reflection. xP When you first start running around that room, you can see your reflection in the water, but when Dark Link appears near the tree, you can't see your reflection any more.

SmithnCo

Gravijah said:
THEY GAVE
PRINCESS RUTO CLOTHES
!

worst remake ever~

It's just really convenient fin growth. King Zora is a bad father, that one Zora is Majora's Mask had a dress, and he doesn't even clothe his underage daughter? smh.

sfried

Gravijah said:
THEY GAVE
PRINCESS RUTO CLOTHES
!

worst remake ever~
MM "Ruto"/Zora lady had clothes.

Princess Ruto is wearing none. As far as I'm concerned, she and all the Zora still have anime anatomy, which what it was like in the original.

Gravijah

sfried said:
MM "Ruto"/Zora lady had clothes.

Princess Ruto is wearing none. As far as I'm concerned, she and all the Zora still have anime anatomy, which what it was like in the original.

I was just kidding, it's not really clothes, but they made it so it looks like she is wearing some now.

Hideo Kuze

Neo Member
I completed this a earlier and have to say it's still one of best games of all time.

I love all the extra little details scattered about the world such as the posters in the shops and ones in Kakariko. I found it funny that the shark at the bottom of the tank in the lab at lake hylia is a 3D model but just as lifeless as the 2D sprite in the original. I enjoyed playing this game just as much as I did the first time but still damn all you first timers.

I would still rate Majoras Mask as my favourite zelda with this and Wind Waker fighting for 2nd and 3rd.

I pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that they remake MM.

MemoirsofMimi

Neo Member
Dark Schala said:
I suddenly despise Canadian covers even moreso. Why ruin the cover with the bilingual label? It's great that I can play it in French (I might play through Master Quest in French), but don't destroy the cover!

JD0Yl.jpg

I wish we got the US cover... Ours isn't even shiny.

That was my initial reaction as well. I don't think Wii games have this cover, though.

kiryogi

Banned
NEO0MJ said:
No way would they bother adding new animations. Maybe that animation was in the original game but you were too young to notice?
Anyways, reached the Shadow temple and I'm somewhat disappointed by the new Dead Hands, they don't freak me out as much as the old ones.
But the fact of the matter is that they did add some new little animations. Like his sword twirl.

Wonkers: its been changed. You can only safe roll if you drop off not jump off.

=HERO=

Neo Member
NEO0MJ said:

But they did redo plenty of the animations everywhere. Many of them are similar with little change, but plenty of the townspeople, for example, do entirely different things from the original. I'm not there yet, but it's not in the least bit impossible.

Roto13

Honey and Darling swing each other around a lot more enthusiastically and I'm pretty sure the carpenters mince harder than ever before.

NEO0MJ

kiryogi said:
But the fact of the matter is that they did add some new little animations. Like his sword twirl.

Oh. Though I read they recycled all the old animations? Thanks. Haven't really been following the news on this game, was an impulse buy.

Roto13 said:
Honey and Darling swing each other around a lot more enthusiastically and I'm pretty sure the carpenters mince harder than ever before.
So very true, surely this was the first thing any people who played the original noticed upon entering Kakariko village.
Also Darunia seems to flail his limbs in a much more animated fashion compared to the original when he listens to that HOT beat.

so I thought the Giant's Knife was it someone posted about the long ass sidequest ... I forgot you had to go through so much

so feeling very lazy today only played DOA:D

I'll pick up Zelda when I feel fresh and ready to take on all the sidequests I'll need before the Water Temple

sfried

Roto13 said:
What's nice is that they still sway while you're talking to them. Normally in the N64 version they'd just freeze. Now it looks like they were actually twirling around.

CO_Andy said:
The NPC characters are an eyesore
Some of them purposefully are.

Busaiku

Gravijah said:
After looking up some of the N64 models, I'm gonna have to disagree.
Hey, just cause things look better than an N64 game doesn't mean it's good.
Just not enough to make one blind.

Roto13

The NPCs look better than they did, but the jump in quality isn't nearly as big as the one for Link. It looks kind of weird, honestly. Their models are barely edited at all. They're mostly just retextured and some of their animations are tweaked.

loosus

Banned
Some of the NPCs are seriously jarring to me. I can't remember who, but I remember coming up some guy in Kakariko Village and being stunned for a second. There's all this medium-to high-quality scenery, and then there's this guy standing there who looks lifted straight from the N64 game. Yeah, he may not literally have been from the N64 game, but the disparity in the number of polygons was visually noticeable without my searching for it.

watershed

Banned
Roto13 said:
The NPCs look better than they did, but the jump in quality isn't nearly as big as the one for Link. It looks kind of weird, honestly. Their models are barely edited at all. They're mostly just retextured and some of their animations are tweaked.

I think the reason Link looks better is the improved lighting with Navi always flying around him. He does look a little rounder than the npcs. But their models have definitely been improved more than you think. The geometry has been upped for everyone. The Iwata asks quote really applies here where they talk about making the game look like you think it looked back then, something about updating the graphics to our idealized memories.

loosus

Banned
artwalknoon said:
I think the reason Link looks better is the improved lighting with Navi always flying around him. He does look a little rounder than the npcs. But their models have definitely been improved more than you think. The geometry has been upped for everyone. The Iwata asks quote really applies here where they talk about making the game look like you think it looked back then, something about updating the graphics to our idealized memories.
I just cannot agree. Yes, there may be upgrades, but the NPCs are definitely stand-outs. I don't think everyone who has seen this is crazy.

Roto13

artwalknoon said:
How I remember it looking back then doesn't apply to me. "Back then" was like three months ago. :p

Busaiku

Anyone else feel that the bow handles much better than the slingshot?
I spent probably 1.5-2 hours total on that first shooting range, but it took me only 4 tries with the bow.

Gravijah

Busaiku said:
Anyone else feel that the bow handles much better than the slingshot?
I spent probably 1.5-2 hours total on that first shooting range, but it took me only 4 tries with the bow.

Are you using the gyro or the slidepad? With the gyro, the first shooting range was very easy.

Top Bottom