• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages 3DS VC release |OT|

Khaz

- Legend of Zelda
- Zelda II
- Link's Awakening
- Ocarina of Time
- Oracle of Ages
- Oracle of Seasons
- Four Swords
- Minish Cap

I had to make a folder to contain those, the amount of Zelda games on the main screen was overwhelming!

zroid

Banned
I had to make a folder to contain those, the amount of Zelda games on the main screen was overwhelming!

Haha, that's not a bad idea. Currently I just have my games all sorted by platform, but I like the sound of a special "Zelda folder"! :D

Velcro Fly

Bought them both! They are in a folder with the rest of my VC collection but right next to LA in the folder. Still need to finish LA first but getting both of these for $10 is a steal.

Frolow

Banned
I like how they basically removed the blue snake in the ring shop. In the original release, he would give you information on trading rings with link cables. But now, they've removed his lines.

And on a somewhat related note, getting 100% is impossible here. You're unable to get the GBA ring and trading for version exclusive rings is now defunct due to the absence of link-cable support. This isn't that big of a deal, but I found it interesting.

I like how they basically removed the blue snake in the ring shop. In the original release, he would give you information on trading rings with link cables. But now, they've removed his lines.

And on a somewhat related note, getting 100% is impossible here. You're unable to get the GBA ring and trading for version exclusive rings is now defunct due to the absence of link-cable support. This isn't that big of a deal, but I found it interesting.

Well, there is always the password generator option at least.

Sendou

I just realized that transfering everything from Golden Sun to the sequel will be ass when they come to Wii U GBA VC.

Frolow

Banned
So there's no consensus on which to start with or which is more difficult?
Ages focuses on puzzles more while Seasons focuses more on action. If you're bad at puzzles you'll most likely find Ages more difficult and vice-versa.

As for whay order to play them in, it doesn't matter all that much. My preference has always been Ages first and Seasons second, impart to some additional sequences with minor characters that you wouldn't see if you played them in the reverse order.

Epic Drop

So there's no consensus on which to start with or which is more difficult?

I'd recommend Seasons first, and then Ages.

I found Seasons to be easier, and Ages to be harder (especially the puzzles).

Edit: As Brobuzz and I just proved, no, there is no real consensus lol

Finally have them downloaded and ready to go. Opted for Season's first seeing as how that is the general consensus from this thread, I think. Anyway, made it to the Hero's Cave and had to sadly return back to work. Apparently mindlessly entering data into a computer is more important than preventing an ecological disaster caused by wildly fluctuating seasons.

Roto13

Finally have them downloaded and ready to go. Opted for Season's first seeing as how that is the general consensus from this thread, I think. Anyway, made it to the Hero's Cave and had to sadly return back to work. Apparently mindlessly entering data into a computer is more important than preventing an ecological disaster caused by wildly fluctuating seasons.

And thus, global warming came to pass.

Frolow

Banned
3DS can play the following Zelda games:
- Legend of Zelda
- Zelda II
- Link's Awakening
- Ocarina of Time
- Oracle of Ages
- Oracle of Seasons
- Four Swords
- Minish Cap
- Phantom Hourglass
- Spirit Tracks
jMkvUZ9Nb98uI.JPG

The 3DS is the ultimate Zelda machine.

gerudoman

I love how early you get the shovel in Ages so you can grind rupees from the very beginning.

Planning to beat it as fast as I can and then link the file to Seasons to 100% it. No save states or deaths allowed.

Impossible to 100%? Phooey! I will 100% on my GBC copies on my SP, and then password send over for the second round of questing! Hyper completion!
Just need the cable now

Shaanyboi

Banned
After these, is there any other worthwhile GB/GBC game out there?

Nothing currently on the VC that hits me quite the same way, but hopefully more are added soon.

Man, Pokemon: Trading Card Game couldve been so dumb and bad on the GBC, but it was actually fucking great.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm steamrolling Link's Awakening so I can start these games. My week long vacation could not have come at a more opportune time!

Well, let's see.

3DS can play the following Zelda games:
- Legend of Zelda
- Zelda II
- Link's Awakening
- Ocarina of Time
- Oracle of Ages
- Oracle of Seasons
- Four Swords
- Minish Cap
- Phantom Hourglass
- Spirit Tracks