• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages 3DS VC release |OT|

Khaz

Pffft it took me ages to find out you could
burn shrubs
after the first dungeon in Seasons. I kept running in circles because of that.

Just for show, no abilities. I dont even think the gen1 ring lets you do anything. Was the one disappointment for me in this game, they are phenomenal otherwise.

I don't know about your transformation, but I do know that equipping the
Like Like ring makes you impervious to Like Likes

I see. Well, my ring
makes me transform into an Octorock. So this means that I'll be impervious against others creatures like this? I always thought I could use the Octorok's ball shooter haha.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just started, and wow, octoroks do 1/4 a heart of damage. So pathetic. I hate how easy mode Nintendo has made Zelda. :-( Enjoying the game otherwise, though.

TentPole

Just started, and wow, octoroks do 1/4 a heart of damage. So pathetic. I hate how easy mode Nintendo has made Zelda. :-( Enjoying the game otherwise, though.

Just don't pick up any of the Heart containers from beating the dungeons. Relying on what you can find in the over world is how I have been playing Zelda since Wind Waker and it is great.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
They do 1/2 a damage to me, but by physically touching me. Are you sure it's 1/4?
1/2 from the rocks they shoot, and 1/4 from touch. This is Seasons - maybe Ages is different?

Just don't pick up any of the Heart containers from beating the dungeons. Relying on what you can find in the over world is how I have been playing Zelda since Wind Waker and it is great.
Yeah, I do that in any Zelda game that allows it. :)

Picked up both. I've never played either and have started hankering for more zelda after I played through Phantom Hourglass a few weeka ago. Should hold me over until my copy of Spirit Tracks gets in. Seasons and then Ages is the better playthrough huh?

Grizzo

Picked up both. I've never played either and have started hankering for more zelda after I played through Phantom Hourglass a few weeka ago. Should hold me over until my copy of Spirit Tracks gets in. Seasons and then Ages is the better playthrough huh?

Yup, at least that's what the Timeline would suggest.

This thread and release has made me go play Minish cap, which has sat ignored on my 3ds along with all the other ambassador games. Lovin it. If that continues, I know I will end up picking up seasons when I'm done with it. I played ages long ago and its time I finish up the only only Zelda game I have yet to play.

Kazerei

Banned
This thread and release has made me go play Minish cap, which has sat ignored on my 3ds along with all the other ambassador games. Lovin it. If that continues, I know I will end up picking up seasons when I'm done with it. I played ages long ago and its time I finish up the only only Zelda game I have yet to play.

You should pick up both Oracle games, there's some bonus content after you beat them both. That way you can say you finished them completely :)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I always wondered what the point of secrets was. You unlock them in the game you've already beaten, right?

You beat Ages, start linked game. Characters in Seasons give you codes to enter in Ages that unlocks shit in Ages.

But you've already beaten the game, the secrets serve no point. D: Or did I get this incredibly backwards?

Roto13

I always wondered what the point of secrets was. You unlock them in the game you've already beaten, right?

You beat Ages, start linked game. Characters in Seasons give you codes to enter in Ages that unlocks shit in Ages.

But you've already beaten the game, the secrets serve no point. D: Or did I get this incredibly backwards?

You can get passwords in game 2 to enter in game 1 to do a sidequest or something and earn a new thing, then get another password from game 1 to put in game 2 and use the new thing in game 2, too.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
You can get passwords in game 2 to enter in game 1 to do a sidequest or something and earn a new thing, then get another password from game 1 to put in game 2 and use the new thing in game 2, too.
So there is a point! Man, gonna be a bitch to enter all the codes. Can you take screencaps on the 3Ds at all?

BY2K

Membero Americo
When I finish Ages, I'll be able to say that I have beaten every main Zelda games released.

Let's do this.

Sagitario

Certain sidequest progress
Bipin and Blossom's son
transfers over, as well as your animal partner and your rings (with a separate code). The story also continues from the first game.

When you beat a linked game (in your case an Ages linked game) you get
a code to start the story all over again in the current game. So upon beating Ages, you'll get a code for use in Ages that acts as a regular non-linked file with a little bonus. It is fully compatible with your previous ring codes. When you beat that you get a code for a linked Seasons game. This allows you to keep your progress going for those Ages to Seasons only rings.

So, it's like this?:

Play Seasons -> Get Seasons' code -> Input Season's code to play linked Ages -> Get linked Ages's code -> Play linked Ages again with Ages's code [it acts as a non-linked game + bonus] -> get new linked Ages' code -> Input second Ages' code to start linked Seasons.

o_o

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Wow, these games have aged super well.

such is the way of true classics

just got both. Once I finish DKCR I'll dive in, athough Mario & Luigi DT is out in less than two months...and AC next...this year's seriously packed with almost too much 3DS goodness

Vibed

So, it's like this?:

Play Seasons -> Get Seasons' code -> Input Season's code to play linked Ages -> Get linked Ages's code -> Play linked Ages again with Ages's code [it acts as a non-linked game + bonus] -> get new linked Ages' code -> Input second Ages' code to start linked Seasons.

o_o

Pretty much. It's worth it to go through that whole process because the extra story events and
secret brutal dungeon in each linked game
makes the experience fresh each time.

Plus, since the 3rd and 4th playthroughs are different from the 1st and 2nd with that bonus, you would technically have to play the games 8 times total to get 100%! :p

PowderedToast

played a bit of seasons. love it so far. something about gameboy/gbc i find so special. the best games have a beautiful quality i can't describe. maybe it is partly due to the sound chip. when i think of super mario land, links awakening, these games, the music is so innocent and moving to me.

Neiteio

played a bit of seasons. love it so far. something about gameboy/gbc i find so special. the best games have a beautiful quality i can't describe. maybe it is partly due to the sound chip. when i think of super mario land, links awakening, these games, the music is so innocent and moving to me.
The music does have a twinkling "sparkle" to it. :)

Skilletor

Bought both of them. I remember playing Seasons when it came out, although it's been a decade, so I started with Ages. Just beat the first dungeon.

So good.

Reick17

These games have never left my list of top 3 Zelda games. I definitely prefer Ages, but Seasons has its moments.

And they look pretty good on an XL screen. I'm still debating on the circle pad over Dpad, though.

tEhLoNeR

Neo Member
I just bought these two, and now I'm wondering which one I should play first. I played though seasons already, but I want to feel nostalgic .

Now I wonder if the GBA shop is open...

Top Bottom