• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages 3DS VC release |OT|

TheContact

Keep getting an error when I try to buy either game, tells me to shut my system off and try again, wtf? Still not working

Am I the only one having this problem? Trying to download from NA store and keep getting an error for both games.

Edit: I fixed it. I had to change my location to Canada and re-accept the terms from the eshop, then change it back to USA and this time it let me purchase it. weird bug.

Squashie

Neo Member
I really need to pick these up, which one should I go for? I never got round to completing Link's Awakening, so I may wait to pick this one up!

Scanna

these games are really hard..I mean they give so few informations on how to continue...but that's why they're good, I think!

Got mine. Note that Oracle of Seasons is to the right of Ages, with Link's Awakening to the left.

iGfeBSWwMb4Ta.jpg

TheContact

ALTTP would make my 3ds retro-zelda complete!

my 3DS feels a whole lot more useful now

I have never played Ages or Seasons before so this is going to be fun

georly

This Nintendo, are you listening!? I will pay AGAIN for that game on my 3DS.

Yup, If I can have every zelda game made between 1986 and 2001 (Looking at you, Majora!) + minish Cap (no hopes for wind waker) all on one handheld on one screen I will be in heaven.

Sagitario

Do you guys remember what exactly gets transferred from one game to the other?

I was planing to do a Seasons -> Ages run, but I think I have an old Season's code [to start Ages] saved.
If you start Ages with a Season's code, do you get an Ages' code for Seasons at the end?

steveovig

Not sure if this has been asked in the last 12 pages but are these two totally different games or are they like Pokemon with the different versions?

I really need to pick these up.

Sigh, Nintendo... Find a way to put ALTTP on the 3DS e-shop! I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It seems like it'd be smart of them to do, anyways right? You know, with A Link to the Past 2 coming out later this year.

zroid

Banned
I really need to pick these up.

Sigh, Nintendo... Find a way to put ALTTP on the 3DS e-shop! I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It seems like it'd be smart of them to do, anyways right? You know, with A Link to the Past 2 coming out later this year.

maybe it will be an unlockable in LTTP2
lolno

Sendou

Retro games inside games kind of went out of window when Nintendo realized they can actually make money by selling them separately.

Vibed

Do you guys remember what exactly gets transferred from one game to the other?

I was planing to do a Seasons -> Ages run, but I think I have an old Season's code [to start Ages] saved.
If you start Ages with a Season's code, do you get an Ages' code for Seasons at the end?

Certain sidequest progress
Bipin and Blossom's son
transfers over, as well as your animal partner and your rings (with a separate code). The story also continues from the first game.

When you beat a linked game (in your case an Ages linked game) you get
a code to start the story all over again in the current game. So upon beating Ages, you'll get a code for use in Ages that acts as a regular non-linked file with a little bonus. It is fully compatible with your previous ring codes. When you beat that you get a code for a linked Seasons game. This allows you to keep your progress going for those Ages to Seasons only rings.

Vibed

I thought ring transfers with done with the link cable?

I don't have the VC version, but isn't there a snake that gives you a code to transfer your rings? That snake will give you a code for your current rings as well as take in codes from any file that shares some connection to the current file. (I.E. regular file to linked file, Hero's file, linked Hero's file)

vid

Is there any way to transfer the GBA rings from a physical copy of the game without starting everything over? I own an Oracle of Ages cartridge with the associated ring (assuming the battery hasn't given up, anyway), can I get the ring from there?

It's pretty dumb to miss two rings that do literally nothing, but at the same time, I'm vaguely frustrated by the idea of not being able to 100% the game due to such a weird issue.

Jackano

Oh so you guys want to play this?!
Hell Ok!

But you can't win because I'm the only guy who got Tingle's Pack on his 3DS :)
And I didn't want to open my unboxed japanese OoT3D so for the pic I choose the sexier Tingle Balloon's Fight for the card slot instead. 3D videos are OoT3D anrd ALttP2 trailers.

BTHR Zero X

I don't have the VC version, but isn't there a snake that gives you a code to transfer your rings? That snake will give you a code for your current rings as well as take in codes from any file that shares some connection to the current file. (I.E. regular file to linked file, Hero's file, linked Hero's file)

I remember that being a Red Snake, but there is a Red and a Blue one so its one of the two

dc89

I've gone bed. With hot chocolate.

About to start Seasons. First time (I decided to wait until bed time to start these)! Wish me luck.

so if I have a physical copy of Ages with a completed file, I should take that password and play seasons to get the GBA ring in seasons. Then beat seasons and get the true ending. This will give me a hero file to replay seasons without going through the extra ending, and then back to Ages 3DS to finish it that way.

So is that the only way I can get a GBA ring?

so if I have a physical copy of Ages with a completed file, I should take that password and play seasons to get the GBA ring in seasons. Then beat seasons and get the true ending. This will give me a hero file to replay seasons without going through the extra ending, and then back to Ages 3DS to finish it that way.

So is that the only way I can get a GBA ring?
To get the GBA ring you should actually only have to do the ring password thing, but I dont remember how the specifics of that work tbh. Might look into that.

Roto13

I don't know why you would even want one GBA ring if you can't get the other. Incomplete is incomplete and it's not like they do anything.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Finally gonna have a chance to play for an hour before going to a disability justice reading group. I kinda want to skip it and be lazy and play Zelda, but it's important. So stoked for these games! Few games get me more hyped than 2D Zelda.

Top Bottom