• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages 3DS VC release |OT|

Yeah, GAF is the first place I've heard anyone claim Seasons was the easy one.

The way I was always told was that Seasons was more actiony and Ages was more puzzley. In general though, I think it's whatever game you played the first time you will find better/easier because, let's be honest, by the time you get to the second game you start to feel a little burnt out.

Bullza2o

I just read that people usually play Seasons first due to chronology, but if you only have one choice which one will it be?

I have $2 on my eShop, and I don't plan on buying the other one in the near future. Please suggest the definite version.

I just read that people usually play Seasons first due to chronology, but if you only have one choice which one will it be?

I have $2 on my eShop, and I don't plan on buying the other one in the near future. Please suggest the definite version.

Seasons. Just get seasons already :p

I may have missed it earlier, do these versions have the GBA shop or not?

Khaz

search for "zelda"? as opposed to "oracle" etc?

"Zelda" didn't bring them up for me, I had to search for "oracle" to find them both. Also I don't think I saw them in the Virtual Console aisle either.

Quite the screwup launch really. First time I noticed it happening, none of the new releases are on the front page or marked as new.

OhmygodOhmygodOhmygod! I'm so excited! As LA is probably my most loved game of all times and I never played the oracle games, I'll dive straight into Seasons. Here we go!

"Zelda" didn't bring them up for me, I had to search for "oracle" to find them both. Also I don't think I saw them in the Virtual Console aisle either.

Quite the screwup launch really. First time I noticed it happening, none of the new releases are on the front page or marked as new.

The eShop is never fully updated until 11AM central (its 9AM central now).

GulAtiCa

Are you in Europe or North America? Idk about Europe currently, but I know North America not even updated till noon EST. (even so, the games are on front row in the middle)

Diman

They are on the frontpage.
I already bought them.

I'm going to follow NeoGAF's advice and start with seasons.

I'm starting with Ages, fuck y'all! I kid, but Ages just seems like the more instantly appealing one to me, having played 20 minutes of both. The time-travel mechanic is cool, and so far it seems more instantly gratifying than Ocarina's even.

Khaz

Are you in Europe or North America? Idk about Europe currently, but I know North America not even updated till noon EST. (even so, the games are on front row in the middle)

yeah i didn't mention it was for Europe. But it's apparently all good now.

We had our update around 3pm here.

dc89

Got my E-Shop card! I'm home from work. My body is ready.

Oh, I've never played either of these games. Where the hell do I start? Halp.

Since you can't get a 100% file until you've beat both games twice, and since there are slight variations in the scenario depending on the order you play, I usually go:

Ages -> Seasons

then for the heroic run

Seasons -> Ages

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Still not available for me. :-(

It's also not 9am here yet, though.

Megatron

If you really want the game to have more complicated puzzles, and you'll think it's too easy, or be disappointed that it doesn't, then you should get Ages.

As KojiKnight said, I played them both when they were new. I played Seasons, thought it was great, then got stuck in Ages and stopped because I was a little burnt out, so your strategy of just buying one (for now anyway) isn't bad. I of course am going to buy both anyway.

ramyeon

Bought these both tonight to tide me over till New Leaf hits. Just finishing off Awakening after starting last night and I'm loving the nostalgia of it all.

It will actually be my first time playing these two though, the only Zelda games I didn't play at all for some reason.

Are these game worth playing? never got around to these 2

Do you like Zelda games? Especially 2D ones?

If the former, yes, if the latter double yes.

(Edit) Buying both now even though I won't likely beat them both very quickly. Figure it's still discounted if I do it now, and like LA which I got when it was released on VC, I'll probably come back to it a year later with fresh eyes and ready to go.

MedIC86

Do you like Zelda games? Especially 2D ones?

If the former, yes, if the latter double yes.

(Edit) Buying both now even though I won't likely beat them both very quickly. Figure it's still discounted if I do it now, and like LA which I got when it was released on VC, I'll probably come back to it a year later with fresh eyes and ready to go.

Yes, i loved alttp and minish cap and so on. I only have time to play one really, which one do you recommend? Also if there is an "easier" one i prefer that.

Bought these both tonight to tide me over till New Leaf hits. Just finishing off Awakening after starting last night and I'm loving the nostalgia of it all.

It will actually be my first time playing these two though, the only Zelda games I didn't play at all for some reason.

Same here. I played Seasons and my brother had Ages, but I never got too far in it. I wasn't great at video games and I'm sure something else caught my attention so I never went back to it. Should make the wait for New Leaf go by much faster.

Top Bottom