• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages 3DS VC release |OT|

vall03

Done with the first dungeon in Seasons and now going to the new areas, all I can say at this point...

dat Subrosian dance lol

MechaX

I decided to pick up Seasons.

Huh, this is actually kind of fun. The game isn't hard, but it sure gave me more of a run for my money than some of the most recent 3D Zelda games (although, that might be more due to how I'm still very unaccustomed to 2D Zelda).

Now I'm wondering if I should just pick up Link's Awakening and finish that before Seasons/Ages, or play through Seasons/Ages first and end with LA (since it seems like LA is still far superior).

seady

2D Zelda are still more fun in that u can just pick up and play without being confusing. They also much more whimsical and not overly serious and dull.

Lucent

Just got both. Figured I might as well while they're $1 off. Have Link's Awakening, too. But I haven't really played that much yet lol.

Nobody else is having issues downloading Seasons? The store is super sluggish for me, once I can get in and hit the purchase button it says "An error has occurred. Please try again later". I wouldn't have thought the Estore would get hit that hard just for some GBC zelda games...

I am contemplating buying one of the two games, but I still have a temple to beat in Ocarina to beat the game for my first time and I'm only like halfway or less through LA

ramyeon

Just finished up with LA and now it's time to move onto Seasons! Should be interesting being my first time playing this past the opening moments.

Nobody else is having issues downloading Seasons? The store is super sluggish for me, once I can get in and hit the purchase button it says "An error has occurred. Please try again later". I wouldn't have thought the Estore would get hit that hard just for some GBC zelda games...

Not just you. I had a few issues earlier myself.

Downloading now the only portable zeldas I never played. Will be interesting to see how they stack up against LA.

So the general feel is Seasons than Ages yes?

Also very interested in all this build up of the Zelda fan base before E3. I think we'll see something on par with the initial teaser we got fro SS.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Just finished the Dragon Remains dungeon. A lot of fun!

I'm digging how this game has songs from ALTTP, Ocarina of Time and Link's Awakening.

It's funny, I ordered Spirit Tracks over a month ago. No joke, I think it came from the U.K. I'm in Hawaii, I've been dying to play it as I loved Phantom Hourglass and how I could relaxingly play it and still have a good time. The Seasons/Oracle come out today, and lo and behold, Spirit Tracks comes in as well. What is fate telling me to do?!?!?

Im enjoying these much more than minish cap for some reason. Movement in minish cap is sluggish and annoying. Also much prefer these dungeons.

Maximus.

So happy I finally can play these again. My carts were full and I never wanted to delete the saves. Now I can enjoy them again!

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I've never played either game. Which do you start with first? Or does it not matter?

leroidys

Im enjoying these much more than minish cap for some reason. Movement in minish cap is sluggish and annoying. Also much prefer these dungeons.

Agreed. I love these and think minish cap was just OK.

I've never played either game. Which do you start with first? Or does it not matter?

Either one, it really doesn't make a difference AFAIK. Seasons is more a throwback to Zelda 1, Ages is more in line with LA.

Yeah this is sick. Definitely would have been nice to have the X button replace Start though. It's weird how they did it half way and bound Y to Select.

I've completely given up on using the D-pad for any kind of action-based gameplay though, unfortunately. It's just way to uncomfortable on the smaller 3DS, the circle feels pretty inferior to the D-pad but it works well for these kind of games at least. Something like Kirby is pretty rough though...

Heretic

anyone getting an error opening the e-shop?

Edit: Never mind!!!

2nd Edit: Still getting an error. Error Code: 005-4270 :(

Playing through Seasons first. I haven't played either of these since they originally launched, and I did Ages first then. Having tons of fun.

Seasons semi-spoilers for the dungeon bosses:
Are they all just semi-remakes of bosses from the original Legend of Zelda? I don't know why I didn't catch that the first time I played it...

Now I'm wondering if I should just pick up Link's Awakening and finish that before Seasons/Ages, or play through Seasons/Ages first and end with LA (since it seems like LA is still far superior).

Link's Awakening will be there when you finish Seasons/Ages, I'd say just play through them first before you move on to LA. It'll be like a neat little trilogy, yay!

Salsa

http://youtu.be/hxMaok_mxIU?t=1m2s

best video i've found if you're wondering how it looks on the 3DS screen

how weird is it that im still contemplating buying them when I not only have both GBC copies but could also easily emulate them on the DSi XL, where they'd probably look better

lol

It's funny, I ordered Spirit Tracks over a month ago. No joke, I think it came from the U.K. I'm in Hawaii, I've been dying to play it as I loved Phantom Hourglass and how I could relaxingly play it and still have a good time. The Seasons/Oracle come out today, and lo and behold, Spirit Tracks comes in as well. What is fate telling me to do?!?!?

Spirit Tracks is the worst Zelda game ever made. Play some Oracles.

I'm on the third dungeon of Seasons and so far I've been having more fun with this game than I did with LADX. Don't get me wrong, LADX is still one of my favorite games, but something about seasons just feels better.

On a related note it took me far longer than I care to admit to figure out the Subrosian dance sequence.

http://youtu.be/hxMaok_mxIU?t=1m2s

best video i've found if you're wondering how it looks on the 3DS screen

how weird is it that im still contemplating buying them when I not only have both GBC copies but could also easily emulate them on the DSi XL, where they'd probably look better

lol

Convenience is a powerful thing... plus it never hurts to line Nintendo's pockets with Zelda money. Nintendo needs money, I need zelda, it's a good relationship we have.

beta_fuse

First timer here, and I gotta say I'm really enjoying Ages so far (don't know why I started with that one, just clicked whichever I saw first). The music is great and I really like the pacing. The story is much more unique than the standard console Zelda's even though it is a little ridiculous lol. Busted my way through the first dungeon with no problems. Can't wait to keep playing tonight after work.

Pretty much. It's worth it to go through that whole process because the extra story events and
secret brutal dungeon in each linked game
makes the experience fresh each time.

Plus, since the 3rd and 4th playthroughs are different from the 1st and 2nd with that bonus, you would technically have to play the games 8 times total to get 100%! :p

Whats different in the third/fourth quests? Isnt it just the icon on the file screen and an extra heart?

I will be picking these up myself. I played Seasons many years ago but never got a chance to finish it. This time I will finish what I started!! Good Times!! :)

PowderedToast

where do i go for the second temple on seasons? i have the cuckoo book and i gave it to the girl, but i'm lost

i always get stuck early on in zelda games : (

Robin64

The codes thing seems to be confusing but it's not all that bad. Assuming one plays Ages first...

Play through Ages, recieve code.
Start Seasons with code, things from Ages appear in Seasons.
Recieve codes from Ages NPCs that are in Seasons and use them back in Ages.
Complete task to recieve code in Ages to bring back reward to Seasons.
Complete Seasons for bonus content and real ending.

Okay it does seem pretty bad actually, haha.

Roto13

Someday we'll have a Zelda thread that doesn't eventually devolve into a discussion about which entry in the greatest video game series of all time is the worst.

Someday we'll have a Zelda thread that doesn't eventually devolve into a discussion about which entry in the greatest video game series of all time is the worst.

I agree with this sentiment.

On a related note; Ocarina of Time 3DS may be the best entry in the series ;)

Top Bottom