• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
That'd be a fun transition from ME1 to 2. "We just saved the Citadel and we're totally badasses OH SHIT WE JUST GOT BLOWN THE FUCK UP."

I vote for a 5 minute narrated guide of the events between ME1 and ME2 read by the codex guy, to lessen the inertia of being blown up just after saving the ungrateful Council & Co.

Then between ME2 and ME3, the same type of thing; but basically show Shepard kicking back in his barracks post demotion, doing chin ups and playing Galaxy of Fantasy with those 11 billion players.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Now I'm curious, what happens if you deliberately screw up that little Q&A?

Nothing. The only reason this Q&A question exist is because ME1 does not save your file after you decide who the human Councilor is during the final cutscene.

Too bad that decision turned out to be irrelevant in ME3. If you picked Anderson, he just resigned off-screen and the only way you know that is by reading the codex.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I think that would actually be completely feasible. ME2 is the only game in the trilogy that lets you continue playing after the main quest is done, but they could just give you a pop-up message after the suicide mission asking whether you want to continue to ME3 or keep playing ME2.

That would not be remotely close to feasible. That would require more work than god knows what.

They would have to port all games to the ME3 engine for starters and completely tweak the level design for ME1 to match up with ME3's gameplay.

We all know thats not gonna happen, but I don't know how you could believe that would be anywhere close to feasible.

They would have to port all games to the ME3 engine for starters and completely tweak the level design for ME1 to match up with ME3's gameplay.
I'm not well-versed in the technical side of these things, but I don't see why that would be necessary; each game would still have its own executable.

I'm talking about just automatically starting the next game in the series (and bypassing the title screen), not seamlessly turning three games into one.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm not well-versed in the technical side of these things, but I don't see why that would be necessary; each game would still have its own executable.

I'm talking about just automatically starting the next game in the series (and bypassing the title screen), not seamlessly turning three games into one.

Oh ok. Yeah, that seems reasonable. It's not something I personally require, but I'll go along with it.

Who woulda thought you and me would be in agreement?!

MBison

Question: does the Garrus / Tali side romance happen as long as you're not romancing either or can you not have romanced either in me2?

I've been reading the thread about Bethesda's E3 conference, and it's filled with lots of "Fallout 3 vs. Fallout: New Vegas" discussion, and almost all of it boils down to, "This one was better," without saying why. I'm glad that in this thread, there's been a lot of very clear, in-depth, specific discussion of mechanics, and of the relative strengths and weaknesses of each game in the trilogy. It's much more stimulating than simply saying "X is better, Y is worse."

Question: does the Garrus / Tali side romance happen as long as you're not romancing either or can you not have romanced either in me2?
I'm pretty sure it happens as long as you're not currently romancing either. During one of my playthroughs, I had romanced Tali in ME2 but went with Liara in ME3, and that scene still played.

Always been fascinated in what music sounds like slowed down so this seems apt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peF7EPxkQeI

Endless crescendo that takes forever to reach it's climax. Can't decide if it's painful or enjoyable to listen to.

Edit: In my youtube perusing I stumbled upon a ME3 voice cast compilation and I did not realise that Troy Baker was Mr. Cereal-eating Villain Man, ugh.

fDApzPJ.jpg
WHAT?!??!

that's news to me. all these new facts about troy baker... i didn't know about him till 2013, when he was Booker from bioshock, joel, AND the joker in arkham 3... or should I say, the arkham prequel.

knight is the true arkham 3. wasn't origins not as good as the first two?
Mass Effect: Fifty Shades of RGB

huh?
Probably New NME art (It's from Mac walters twitter background pic):

BK.jpg

It's similar to this World, I think.
if that's what the finished render looks like, :O

Renekton

Nothing. The only reason this Q&A question exist is because ME1 does not save your file after you decide who the human Councilor is during the final cutscene.

Too bad that decision turned out to be irrelevant in ME3. If you picked Anderson, he just resigned off-screen and the only way you know that is by reading the codex.
Now I'm wondering if DAI's Divine choice will have meaningful impact.

It wont. Or well, i will be really surprised if it has more impact than some throwaway line or a different skin for the person on the throne. Even though murderpope Leliana should result in a completely different organization and world than having Cassandra be divine.

I really, really hope that Bioware ditches the whole idea of importing decisions from other games for the next ten years or so. Its clear they struggle with it and have no real idea how to do it in a way that makes decisions feel like they made a difference. I rather have three separate Mass Effect games, each with its own contained story, than another attempt like ME1-3 and the Dragon Age series.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

It was a fantastic game IMO. I loved it. It's easy to recommend for people who were fans of the first two. Although, it does have some bugs and the combat was tweaked in ways that many people found frustrating. Multiplayer is complete crap and was absolutely not needed.

BumRush

Is it weird that I am waiting on my next PC purchase to make sure ME4 is coming out for PS4? If it isn't*, I'll need a computer that can play it.

*I know it's WAY MORE LIKELY that it is multi-platform but it's my most anticipated game by a mile

Is it weird that I am waiting on my next PC purchase to make sure ME4 is coming out for PS4? If it isn't*, I'll need a computer that can play it.

*I know it's WAY MORE LIKELY that it is multi-platform but it's my most anticipated game by a mile
It's coming to PS4, don't worry about that.

SliChillax

If I'm not mistaken the game has been confirmed for PS4,Xbone and PC only.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Bioware looking for an Online Producer is good.. means:

1) MP confirmed (like it was ever not going to be included though)
2) MP may included gambling... lol (no doubt lost in translation.. or credit chit poker machines :p)

Here's the google translation of the french advertisement for the role:

“Create and defend the vision multiplayer connected experiences and characteristics of online gambling in accordance with project management objectives and be due in respect of quality targets and achievements”

Doesn't tell us much :D

Bioware looking for an Online Producer is good.. means:

1) MP confirmed (like it was ever not going to be included though)
2) MP may included gambling... lol (no doubt lost in translation.. or credit chit poker machines :p)

Here's the google translation of the french advertisement for the role:

“Create and defend the vision multiplayer connected experiences and characteristics of online gambling in accordance with project management objectives and be due in respect of quality targets and achievements”

Doesn't tell us much :D

I think that by European standards, the "chest" system from ME3 qualifies as gambling. So it's probably just more of that.

Which I'm totally okay with, by the way. ME3's purchase program was structured perfectly. Low enough prices that I could buy stuff after a few matches, but high enough that I felt like I was really working for those top-tier packs, which made cracking one open exciting and rewarding. Plus, it encouraged the whales to spend, spend, spend, which is why we got all those free expansions.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's coming to PS4, don't worry about that.

Are you sure Shinobi?! How can you know for certain that MS won't moneyhat them?

I'm just scared MS is gonna moneyhat everybody.

I need 100% assurance that a moneyhat won't happen.

Please. Please.

panic.gif

yes, this is sarcasm. On the offchance that MS does have it I still my X1.

ahhh, boring time... and E3 is still so far away. :/

--------

let's talk about the main protagonist :p. It seems like everyone still want human as the only playable race.

and one thing they said at N7Day:

“With Shepard, you arrived on the scene as a hero, and you were called forward from there,” Walters says. “For the next Mass Effect, however, we’ve been looking at more of a hero’s journey: how you become a legend and what it takes to get there.”

Ralemont

not me

This will depend upon your definition of that I suppose. Likely the DA series is done with Orlais and Ferelden because of how divergent it now is with the political leaders of Orlais and Ferelden and the Divine all having at least 2-3 different options.

So, it won't have a big impact on DA4, nor do I think it should. To me, that in no way devalues Dragon Age's reactivity to my choices, so long as they don't retcon it. If in DA4 we are in Tevinter and only get vague mentions of the Southern Thedas Divine, that's perfectly fine to me, since the impact of my choice on the world is still there, whether I explicitly see it or not.

Of all the choices they made meaningless, this is the one that confuses me the most. They go out of their way to make you hate Udina, making Anderson the obvious choice at the end of ME1. I can't imagine that many people would have chose Udina for councilor.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Of all the choices they made meaningless, this is the one that confuses me the most. They go out of their way to make you hate Udina, making Anderson the obvious choice at the end of ME1. I can't imagine that many people would have chose Udina for councilor.

They wanted an excuse for us to kill Udina in ME3 i guess. Him betraying us and allowing Cerberus to invade the Citadel made more sense as Councilor than some random politician dude I guess.

Ralemont

not me

I chose Udina. Anderson would have made a terrible Councilor. Udina knows the political landscape and would actually be able to get things done, regardless of whether we agreed on the specifics.

It was a fantastic game IMO. I loved it. It's easy to recommend for people who were fans of the first two. Although, it does have some bugs and the combat was tweaked in ways that many people found frustrating. Multiplayer is complete crap and was absolutely not needed.
hence, why some people may think it is not as good as the first 2 among other reasons
Many
Happy
endings?

oh, well looking at your last post I just didn't get why you said it at that time. if you're implying we should have many
happy
endings, sure.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
hence, why some people may think it is not as good as the first 2 among other reasons

Its irrelevant though. It doesn't bring down the game though. You play the Arkham games for single player.

My only anger towards it is that it was funds that could have been used for better QC.

diaspora

It wont. Or well, i will be really surprised if it has more impact than some throwaway line or a different skin for the person on the throne. Even though murderpope Leliana should result in a completely different organization and world than having Cassandra be divine.

I really, really hope that Bioware ditches the whole idea of importing decisions from other games for the next ten years or so. Its clear they struggle with it and have no real idea how to do it in a way that makes decisions feel like they made a difference. I rather have three separate Mass Effect games, each with its own contained story, than another attempt like ME1-3 and the Dragon Age series.
?

Leliana is reasonably bloodless on the throne if you play your cards right.

Daemul

Go out of their way to make you hate Udina? Nah, he was just acting like any politician would, I never hated him for that. I actually agreed with him at many points, Shepard and Anderson were acting like idiots about Saren.

Why would many people choose Anderson as councilor anyway? The dude is a military man, not a politician, he has no experience in that area at all, he even complains about it and hate's the job. He has no business being on the Council, he's far too much of a good guy for it anyway.

Banned
WHAT?!??!

that's news to me. all these new facts about troy baker... i didn't know about him till 2013, when he was Booker from bioshock, joel, AND the joker in arkham 3... or should I say, the arkham prequel.

huh?

if that's what the finished render looks like, :O
The mass effect endings were Red, Green and Blue in color. RGB is the color mix for most electronics. Fifty shades of grey is coming out this week. I combined two things. It didn't work I guess lol.

Always been fascinated in what music sounds like slowed down so this seems apt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peF7EPxkQeI

Endless crescendo that takes forever to reach it's climax. Can't decide if it's painful or enjoyable to listen to.

Edit: In my youtube perusing I stumbled upon a ME3 voice cast compilation and I did not realise that Troy Baker was Mr. Cereal-eating Villain Man, ugh.

fDApzPJ.jpg

I fucking hated Kai Leng from the disconnect of kicking his ass in gameplay then in cinemeatics, Shepard is like "Damn it I can't beat this guy!" Also his character came out of nowhere, possibly one of the worst things about ME3. At least it didn't tarnish Troy Baker.

prag16

Banned
Its irrelevant though. It doesn't bring down the game though. You play the Arkham games for single player.

My only anger towards it is that it was funds that could have been used for better QC.

Don't let the numerous ME3 multiplayer zealots hear you say that!!

But I actually agree. The multiplayer was a complete throwaway mode for me. Only played it enough for 100% readiness on first playthroughs and never touched it again.

if the campaign wasn't as good and had issues, it isn't irrelevant and would make sense that people don't like origins for those reasons as much as arkham 1 and 2. i'm not saying it was a bad game.

The mass effect endings were Red, Green and Blue in color. RGB is the color mix for most electronics. Fifty shades of grey is coming out this week. I combined two things. It didn't work I guess lol.
no I got it, sorta, lol. the rgb were the Me3 endings yes and 50 shades is coming out tomorrow, but I thought there was supposed to also be like some sort of erotic romance-drama joke in there. i'm probly just bein silly

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
no tacky comics

no bad books

barely drip feed artwork

no talk

no reveal

plz bioware gimme sum me

diaspora

I hope not. If the next game is a sequel, which it should be, they should not be bothering with a save import and instead give themselves a clean slate to work with.

Nothing wrong with importing key choices from the trilogy for having different key points in the world state imo.

mass effect 4 should be

the story telling quality of mass effect 1 + the gameplay quality of mass effect 3 + the best graphics possible on ps4.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Liar. Grapevine told me Mass Effect 4 is an online only F2P dating sim.

X-Frame

Nothing wrong with importing key choices from the trilogy for having different key points in the world state imo.

If they do, I'd prefer they put it in-game and not online like the Keep. So far, the Keep is 0 for 2 in working correctly for my DA:I playthroughs.

Seems like there'd be less margin for error or bugs if they kept it in-game or at least on the console/PC like the current ME2 and 3 comics to pick choices from the previous games.

Patryn

Lots wrong in my opinion. It forces additional generation of assets and time spent creating consequences for those actions, most of which will be shallow at best.

I'd rather they start fresh. I'm all for importing into Mass Effect 5, I just feel this is the right time for a clean break now, so they can more intelligently decide what choices can actually be followed through on.

diaspora

If they do, I'd prefer they put it in-game and not online like the Keep. So far, the Keep is 0 for 2 in working correctly for my DA:I playthroughs.

Seems like there'd be less margin for error or bugs if they kept it in-game or at least on the console/PC like the current ME2 and 3 comics to pick choices from the previous games.
An online system is a lot more flexible tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom