• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It looks like the cover from the PC trilogy version:
https://www.origin.com/sv-se/store/buy/mass-effect-1-2-3/pc-download/bundle/standard-edition

1431198.jpg

But yeah take it with some salt..

I find it odd how these things just keep on appearing. In almost every instance these showing up on retail has turned out to be true.

Toa TAK

Banned
If they released a remaster, would all the DLC come with?

I booted up my 360 yesterday and played some ME3. Man, I miss this series and it's characters.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi

Whether or not this is legitimate, we all know it'd be a far bigger surprise if the Remaster weren't on the way. I've spent more time contemplating when than if, in the months since Aaryn Flynn's arrival here.

Been figuring it was still a ways off -- maybe somewhere between December and March or so -- but maybe I'm way off. Maybe it's October fare or even earlier.

Man, though, this stuff is just always popping up, doesn't it?

If you're being serious, I think they only mocapped the exotic dancers.

You can kind of tell which dancers are mocapped and which aren't.

Always thought those were pre-mocapped stuff you can buy online. or the free stuff you can get. The ones those that freelance 3D animators uses to do dance videos with random models.

Renae

Hello, i'm just playing ME3 and I can't decide for my class. I loved the vanguard in ME2, it was really fun, but i heard the ME3 vanguard was bad, is it true ?
(sorry for my english)

Hello, i'm just playing ME3 and I can't decide for my class. I loved the vanguard in ME2, it was really fun, but i heard the ME3 vanguard was bad, is it true ?
(sorry for my english)

Don't worry about your English, it's fine :)

ME3 vanguard is a load of fun, but it's... extremely tricky on higher difficulty levels. What are you looking to play?

Daemul

I had no idea who that was, I had to Google him. You let Mordin die in ME2?

dGkxx.gif

How could you not know who the best character in ME3 is? Wiks is a legend and is far better than ME3's emotionally compromised Mordin. ME2's Mordin gives him a run for his money though.

If you're being serious, I think they only mocapped the exotic dancers.

You can kind of tell which dancers are mocapped and which aren't.

Oh yes you can, yes you can.

Not that I spent lots of time watching them of course, no sir, no I did not. >.>

Daemul

You misspelled "Wrex."

LOL! That sucker got dumped in a ditch on Virmire back in ME1. I got tired of his broody ass, so I got rid of him the first chance I got.

I've downloaded a run where it had him alive in ME3, but I eventually shot his dumbass through a Citadel window because I got tired of his shit.

LOL! That sucker got dumped in a ditch on Virmire back in ME1. I got tired of his broody ass, so I got rid of him the first chance I got.

I've downloaded a run where it had him alive in ME3, but I eventually shot his dumbass through a Citadel window because I got tired of his shit.
Jesus Christ, you monster. D:
I bet you got Tali exiled just for fun.

Wrex is my homeboy.
I do think the genophage was the right call, though. Whaddayagonnado?

The fuck is wrong with you.

Like seriously, what.

Dany

Banned

HOW WHAT WOW NO

From what I recall, they mo-capped the dancers at Afterlife.
yeah I heard about that being pretty much all the mocap in the series up till this point.
Only a few of the animations were mocapped. Cutscenes for the most part were as well.
wait, cutscenes for the most part were mocapped? wouldn't that mean most of the animations were as well?
oh PLEASE be real!!!! my god...

DOWN

Banned

This is bizarre to me. That's like randomly skipping chapters on an award winning film. Why would you delete scenes that the writers obviously would prefer people experience?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

*Self avatar quote*

Patryn

Bioware should get plenty of time. EA still has a conference/presentation, right?

Beyond Battlefront and Madden, what else do they have? Don't forget that they gave 5 minutes for a cello performance of a song from Dragon Age last year.

Bioware should get plenty of time. EA still has a conference/presentation, right?

Beyond Battlefront and Madden, what else do they have? Don't forget that they gave 5 minutes for a cello performance of a song from Dragon Age last year.
Yeah, I would guess Mass Effect and Dragon Age DLC would take-up a good chunk of EA's E3 time.

Gojeran

Thanks to you two :)
I played vanguard in Insanity and I think this class is so rough that it was not that hard ! Maybe it's more difficult in ME3...

I played it exactly the same as me2 ie I didn't use Nova at all. I speced all for shotgun damage and largely ignored charge being able to detonate biotic combos too. I feel like biotic charge feels better in me2 though...it felt somewhat lacking in me3 to me...hard to explain. Still vanguard is my favorite class. Planning on another run of me2 on pc now with controller support mod, should be fun.

"Plenty"? Not sure I'd say plenty but I would expect Mass Effect and DLC for Dragon Age to get some spotlight.

Battlefront will be the main draw along with things like sports obviously, Need for Speed and I'll assume a bit of Mirror's Edge.

Patryn

I also suspect that if ME4 is having a full unveil, we'll see it at either Sony or Microsoft first, before the EA conference.

Patryn

If it gets shown at any other conferences first, it's going to be Microsoft's for sure.

I tend to agree, but at the same time the way they've been treating this timed exclusive Dragon Age DLC is downright weird. To the best of my knowledge they've basically not acknowledged that it exists or has come out at all.

SliChillax

"Plenty"? Not sure I'd say plenty but I would expect Mass Effect and DLC for Dragon Age to get some spotlight.

Battlefront will be the main draw along with things like sports obviously, Need for Speed and I'll assume a bit of Mirror's Edge.
Really excited for the next NFS and Mirrors Edge, can't say anything about Battlefront since I never played the games and I'm not really into online gaming.

Lakitu

st5fu

Do you think we'll get Mass Effect gameplay at E3 or is it too soon?

I'm still a little disappointed.

I feel like if a game isn't ready to show off gameplay, it's not ready to be shown.
Oh no, don't be disappointed, to clarify, I don't know the exact extent of the game's presence (yet :p) , I'm just extrapolating. But to be fair, probably what, 90% of games debut with trailers rather than demos? Its not an excuse but, well it's the norm unfortunately. We may very well get a gameplay demonstration.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I feel like at this point I'm going to explode into a million shards of bliss as soon as they even allude to a trailer being about to play on that stage. Anyone who asks me how a game that hasn't even been unveiled can top my "most anticipated media" list simply does not know me.

I recall back in E3 2011 I was in the BSN's E3 chatroom and burst into unintelligible keyboard strokes for a solid ten minutes when ME3 showed up. I'd like to think I'm more posed these days. But I'm not.

So yeah, a gameplay preview might be wonderful, but it might be best for my heart health that we get no more than cutscenes.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
E3 2015 - Announcement trailer; setting, protagonist, lore, characters, teases, title, teases, etc. Some details.
Late 2015/Early 2016 - Detail blow out and screenshots in a magazine. Q3 2016 release date.
E3 2016 - Gameplay, demos, etc. Delayed to Q4 2016.
Q4 2016 - Delayed to Q1 2017.

prag16

Banned
E3 2015 - Announcement trailer; setting, protagonist, lore, characters, teases, title, teases, etc. Some details.
Late 2015/Early 2016 - Detail blow out and screenshots in a magazine. Q3 2016 release date.

285647_400x320.jpg

JeffZero

Purple Drazi

Eat, you always deliver the very best...

...and the very worst. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom