• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I asked about that and I'm told it's a bug.

Weird bug to be honest, it really doesn't look like one.

And hopefully, there is a way to deactivate the menu bouncing like that when you move the cursor, it looks more annoying than anything.

JeffG

Weird bug to be honest, it really doesn't look like one.

And hopefully, there is a way to deactivate the menu bouncing like that when you move the cursor, it looks more annoying than anything.

The whole menu UI looks like a placeholder. Icons are folders. Text wraps on option buttons.

Bisnic

The whole menu UI looks like a placeholder. Icons are folders. Text wraps on option buttons.

Huh, you're right.
I can't believe they would have an unfinished menu with only 2 months left of polishing. That video must be a few months old at best...

AlStrong

I asked about that and I'm told it's a bug.

Looks like it is still in prototype/placeholder mode.

Ah K. Thanks.

Yep. Doesn't feel like Mass Effect to me (I know there are a couple other games that have bouncy UI, but I can't remember off the top of my head). erk.

JeffG

Huh, you're right.
I can't believe they wouldn't have an unfinished menu with only 2 months left of polishing. That video must be a few months old at best...

a) We don't know how old the build is (it may already be fixed)

b) UI tweeking would be close to the last thing to fix. No sense spending a bunch of time farting around with UI placement until all UI elements are nailed down.

I like what I'm seeing for armour so far. A lot of heavy, bulky cool looking chest pieces that remind me of the sweet soldier outfits of Mass Effect 1. I love feeling like a space tank.

Garlador

I like what I'm seeing for armour so far. A lot of heavy, bulky cool looking chest pieces that remind me of the sweet soldier outfits of Mass Effect 1. I love feeling like a space tank.

It reminds me of Vanquish.
mass-effect-andromeda-586e0768f0bfa.jpg

vanquish.jpg

Luxorek

Did they confirm if Andromeda is getting a complete "multiple languages" localization like the Trilogy?

I checked Origin page on PC. Supported languages for US are Deutsch (DE), English (US), Español (ES), Français (FR), Italiano. Didn't say if it's a dub or just subtitles unfortunately.

Dany

Banned
Two humans, asari, female turian and a krogan?
Are we certain that there isn't a face button for powers? Can we still use left d-pad and right d-pad to control team members powers?

Bisnic

Two humans, asari, female turian and a krogan?
Are we certain that there isn't a face button for powers? Can we still use left d-pad and right d-pad to control team members powers?

There's also one of the Andromeda race I think, although I bet this is going to be the last one we recruit.

Daemul

I saw that, and I immediately thought of Miranda's early concept art.

Yeah thats what I immediately thought of as well. I'd be delighted if they went this route with Cora, she's the only squadmate I'm interested in finding out more about tbh, though Liam seems cool.

Daemul

Don't know why I didn't learn of this sooner when it was plasted all over social media back in November, but the guy Bioware got to be the face model of Scott Ryder is also a model like Vanderloo.

Damn Bioware know how to pick em.

I went default John Shepard in ME1-3 and it looks like I'm going default Scott Ryder in Andromeda. Don't wanna make Biowares efforts go to waste.

Pretty close actually :)

She's a cutie.

mass-effect-shepard-head-spinning-360-13770416003.gif

Shinobi don't play with my heart like this man, it can only take so much hype.

Bubble

Neo Member
Pretty close actually :)

She's a cutie.

Mhm, I hope she is romanceable.

I'm also curious as to how many romance options there will be in Andromeda. Inquisition had 8, but those were all pure romances, and no flings or hook-ups. If Andromeda went with 2/2/2 (2 exclusive for males, 2 exclusive for females and 2 bisexual), that's something I'd be fine with.

Luxorek

I'm also curious as to how many romance options there will be in Andromeda. Inquisition had 8, but those were all pure romances, and no flings or hook-ups

Inquisition had 9 companions, plus 3 well fleshed out advisors. It could be we're not gonna get as many options as before. ME1 had, what, three?

Daemul

I finally have a chance to continue my Mass Effect trilogy playthrough in preparation for Andromeda, after having stalled for 3 months to finish my dissertation.

I'm importing my ME1 save into ME2 and I'm trying to decide whether to stay as a Soldier or change to Vanguard. Since this is my last trilogy playthrough it would make sense for me to stay as a Soldier since it's my canon class, but Vangaurd was the class I first played as all those years ago in 2007, so I should probably finish off the series with that.

I'll just flip a coin. Heads for Solider. Tails for Vanguard.

EDIT:Tails. Vanguard it is.

EDIT 2: Only a couple of minutes into ME2 and I've already had something annoy me, though it's annoyed me for years tbh.

Why, when you choose the neutral choice at the end of ME1 to focus on Sovereign, does the game in ME2 give you the renegade opening crawl of humans seizing political control of the galaxy instead of the neutral opening crawl?

The neutral opening crawl only seems to show up on non-import runs for some reason, fucks knows why. It's a bug that seems to have never been fixed.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BioWare hire me to do the marketing for this series.

Mindlog

My marketing plan.

1. Insult RPGs to anger those fans.
2. Insult Third Person Games to anger those fans.
3. Kill off the Quarians to win the fans back.
4. Dubstep.

I want to play multiplayer. I've been playing since the Alpha accidentally leaked on 360. That should count for something!

Renekton

Don't know why I didn't learn of this sooner when it was plasted all over social media back in November, but the guy Bioware got to be the face model of Scott Ryder is also a model like Vanderloo.

Damn Bioware know how to pick em.
If I look anything like that, my dating problems will be totally over.

Edit: The Super Deluxe edition is BS. At least package one future story DLC in there FFS.

I can certainly understand people's apprehension for how 'little' they're showing. I've been close with a lot of the folks there for a little while now, and I know when things are planned for the most part. Believe me, if I was on the outside looking in and had no idea, I'd be absolutely confused as to what's going on. I don't blame people one bit.

It's been a weird ride for sure. I don't think the footage yesterday helped really. It was short. People want lengthy videos of substance. They want to know more about the squadmates and meet them a bit before playing. They want to know more about the story. And I've relayed this and asked about that. I'm not moving the goalpost or anything, but after asking again, things like lengthy demos (10 minutes or more) are coming around mid-February. They haven't even shown most of the environments and worlds we'll explore, creatures we'll fight, space travel, inside the Tempest, inside the Nexus, etc.

It's coming March 21st, and they have a marketing blitz planned leading up to it starting towards the end of this month, early next month.

I just want it all out there already so people can finally feel comfortable that this game is going to be fucking awesome.

Thank you for posting this. You've made the wait a whole lot more palpable. ^_^

X-Frame

I saw that post Aaryn posted here that Andromeda will run 1080p/30fps on PS4 and 900p on X1, and apparently 1800p/30fps on the Pro.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=227589323&postcount=198

As a Pro owner that sounds good to me although obviously I would have liked 1800p and 60 fps but I'd love the option to use 1080p/60fps with improved textures if that is possible so I can see which I would prefer. I don't own a 4K TV.

JeffG

I saw that post Aaryn posted here that Andromeda will run 1080p/30fps on PS4 and 900p on X1, and apparently 1800p/30fps on the Pro.
Thats what I thought it would be

I am ok with the 900P for my XBox. I survived DA:I (But it would be very cool if it has a scorpio update)

Deluxe version pre-ordered. I need my Pyjak

prag16

Banned
Posted this in the release date topic as well..

FYI for anybody in the U.S. looking at buying this from cdkeys, you'll likely miss launch. They follow European release dates, and support says they most likely will not send any keys out until the 22nd.

Ooof.

I'm getting that feeling like I did pre-Mass Effect 2/3 and Inquisition where the wait for the game begins to consume the mind, distracting me from anything else in real life, and days slow to a crawl. No other game dev gets this level of hype from me.

Maledict

Meh. The new Shepherd looks great - but the model is a Trump supporter. Not a great front face to your game Bioware given your market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom