• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLBridges

Another One.

C54ReYWXEAEJwqV.jpg

This is all I needed to see regarding MP, gonna be a blast, no doubt in my mind about it! I just hope the threads/posts for nerfs hold off at least a month after release. I still remember ME3MP, new character gets released, the hardcore spend whatever amount of credits or real currency to buy the packs to unlock. Then, within 24 hours make posts to nerf that, this is too OP lol. Majority of the community hadn't even unlocked said character.

To this day, some folks who still play ME3MP haven't unlocked the Geth Juggernaut or Warlord Krogan.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Another One.

C54ReYWXEAEJwqV.jpg

New mode. Cool. Although 3 objectives spread around the map means people are gonna die in harder difficulties lmao

What do you all think the equipment slots are in the bottom left?

Ammo replenish, health pack, revival seem like safe bets, but that doesn't look like a rocket launcher on the top.

Those MP screens.... THE HYPEE!!!!!

I loved the MP beta so much I ignored the single player for 5 months. Multiplayer since day 1. When it was time to finally try the single player I had to download something called "The extended cut" DLC, I had no idea what was going on, totally disconnected from all the backlash lol.

I'm doing the same with Andromeda.

Fixed MP classes with just 3 Krogans 😫

Graphics look good though

Just a reminder that there's a scroll bar on the left of that screenshot and that most of those characters are player-created duplicates of the same class, just with different skin colours and genders.

So there could be more races and more variations of Krogan, Turian, Salarian, etc but we can't see them.

amoebae

In case anyone hasn't seen this particular preview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dICKvec9Ges

No spoilers at all, just one previewer's impressions. They cover at some length the facial animations, including an update from Flynn about it.

Overall their impression seemed to be that it was really good, and fans won't be disappointed. After all the negativity in various threads over the past couple of days this has reinvigorated my excitement (not that I was ever not excited - just the naysayers get you down sometimes, you know?). Worth a watch, imo.

Edit: just seen someone posted this a few posts before me - apologies. Still, in case it's lost at the bottom of the last page...

Bombless

It's like Bioware is trying their hardest to get negative vibes out there. Things were looking up with all the videos they started putting out and then they cancel the mp test.

I just don't get it.

Further clarification from the producer about that multiplayer character screenshot I posted:

- Characters are sorted by rarity and classes within that rarity.
- Faces are preset so no customization there, but you can customize armour colour and patterns (possibly more than that as well).
- Playable female Krogan
- You can't add or remove helmets to characters (Each character has their own distinct look)
- Still peer-to-peer matchmaking so expect issues there just like Mass Effect 3.
- All characters have unique voices and personality (something I take they're including from DA:I's multiplayer),
- Multiplayer enemy sync kills are still a thing (SP was confirmed months ago but MP just now?)
- "More secret stuff down the (character) list that I'm not showing ;)"
- Probably classified as "duh" but no playable collector class (was added later in Mass Effect 3) and no playable remnants.

Further clarification from the producer about that multiplayer character screenshot I posted:

- Faces are preset so no customization there, but you can customize armour colour and patterns (possibly more than that as well).
- Playable female Krogan
- You can't add or remove helmets to characters (Each character has their own distinct look)
- Still peer-to-peer matchmaking so expect issues there just like Mass Effect 3.
- All characters have unique voices and personality (something I take they're including from DA:I's multiplayer),
- Multiplayer enemy sync kills are still a thing (SP was confirmed months ago but MP just now?)
- Probably classified as "duh" but no playable collector class (was added later in Mass Effect 3) and no playable remnants.

I'm gonna assume that the bolded is almost certainly going to change post-launch, if ME3 is anything to go off of. Bring on the weird, Bioware.

(Everything sounds great btw)

I'd never thought I'd say this but thank god for Origin. You can cancel digital pre-orders.

I think I just puked in my mouth a bit.
Lol.

I wish PSN had this as well. Not because of MEA particularly, but I have had games that I've pre-ordered due to excitement months ahead of release. And then a week or two before the actual launch, the impressions and videos have showed that the game is not really all that great or even complete (in SFV's case) and I couldn't really do anything about it because PSN doesn't let you cancel your pre-orders.

IKizzLE

- Playable female Krogan
Ahhh peer to peer, we meet again. I guess no using vanguard unless host.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I think us PC players need to get a list of Origin names going so we can do some multiplayer together.

4 player Platinum
Common human soldier only
Every1 below level 10
No equipment
No items
Pistol only
If you die in the game you die in real life
Final destination hazard variant

Lets do this.

4 player Platinum
Common human soldier only
Every1 below level 10
No equipment
No items
Pistol only
If you die in the game you die in real life
Final destination hazard variant

Lets do this.

Don't forget: you also have to let out an audible whoop every time you activate the jet pack.

I'll join the discord when it's up!

Renekton

It's like Bioware is trying their hardest to get negative vibes out there. Things were looking up with all the videos they started putting out and then they cancel the mp test.

I just don't get it.
It's Mass Effect + Bioware + EA, they can post a cure to cancer but the community will still be down on them.

Maledict

I'm beginning to think the only thing worse than threads in general complaining about mass effect is the constant posts in here complaining about the complaining of mass effect.

Poligaf used to have a general rule that you should not complain about general political threads in the political off-topic, could we think about doing that here? It's just replicating the negativity, and we have more important things to discuss - like the crazy timeline and the insanity of the back story for Andromeda! ;-)

I'm beginning to think the only thing worse than threads in general complaining about mass effect is the constant posts in here complaining about the complaining of mass effect.

Poligaf used to have a general rule that you should not complain about general political threads in the political off-topic, could we think about doing that here? It's just replicating the negativity, and we have more important things to discuss - like the crazy timeline and the insanity of the back story for Andromeda! ;-)

Watch out, your complaint is very circular :)

The few complaints that are actually posted in this thread don't hinder the general discourse. This thread doesn't move fast enough for that, and there aren't enough of people talking about the threads in General. So I don't really see how they'd be bothering you in a way that is different from how the shit comments in General bother the people in this thread here. In which case, again, very circular :)

DevilDog

I think it's important we discuss it, it sets the vibe and the premise for this thread perfectly.

Unlike Andromeda :D

And it's not bringing any negativity here, on the contrary, this thread is how it should be, positive and critical.

prag16

Banned
I think it's important we discuss it, it sets the vibe and the premise for this thread perfectly.

Unlike Andromeda :D

And it's not bringing any negativity here, on the contrary, this thread is how it should be, positive and critical.

Yes, good distinction drawn between being critical and being negative. Important difference.

I'm one of the people guilty of mentioning it now and then. I see it as a little bit of a way of venting just a little in comparatively friendly company. I'll try not to dwell on it here, but I don't think anything anybody has said about that has actually come anywhere close to shitting up this thread.

Also the difference with poligaf at least from what I've seen is that with the exception of a handful of posters here and there, the attitude, tone, and consensus of most general topics rarely strays too far from the poligaf norm (except when the general topics are much louder angrier versions of poligaf's consensus). Unlike the ME situation. But now we're way off in the weeds so I'll leave it there.

I wonder how the new ammo system is going to work in MP. With me3's equipment system, it would burn through ammo items extremely quickly if you have to keep reapplying them in gameplay.

prag16

Banned
They delayed the exploration trailer! SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG. LET'S MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT.

lol

They only showed a 10 second clip on twitter? What, they're embarrassed to show more? Too many red flags to count. LOL ME3 in 2007 did exploration better, not to mention graphics. disarm.gif pulledpunch.gif

Anyway, I figure one more of these next week along with probably the final AI orientation video? Unless they hold that back for the final week.

Killzig

They only showed a 10 second clip on twitter? What, they're embarrassed to show more? Too many red flags to count. LOL ME3 in 2007 did exploration better, not to mention graphics. disarm.gif pulledpunch.gif

Anyway, I figure one more of these next week along with probably the final AI orientation video? Unless they hold that back for the final week.

I would imagine exploration trailer this week, last AI briefing, and then launch trailer. No need to hold anything back. Wasn't there going to be some MP live stream from PAX this weekend too?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I would imagine exploration trailer this week, last AI briefing, and then launch trailer. No need to hold anything back. Wasn't there going to be some MP live stream from PAX this weekend too?

I doubt the exploration trailer will be the last one until the launch trailer. They probably have at least 2 more gameplay trailers left... one for MP and another one for either hubs or for dialogue scenes(although that may be too spoilery)? They've been very reluctant so far to show any dialogues at all. Even up to the point as removing them from that 17 mins IGN video.

I imagine the last one being a quick overview of how everything comes together in an actual quest.

Killzig

I doubt the exploration trailer will be the last one until the launch trailer. They probably have at least 2 more gameplay trailers left... one for MP and another one for either hubs or for dialogue scenes(although that may be too spoilery)? They've been very reluctant so far to show any dialogues at all. Even up to the point as removing them from that 17 mins IGN video.

I figure there are other non-trailer things that fill in the gaps. Live streams, more extensive gameplay slices (I don't believe they'd launch a game with only that IGN scrub demo'ing the most uncut footage we've seen to date), etc.

amoebae

For DAI I seem to remember them doing a twitch stream showing off some gameplay and answering some questions. I really liked that approach. I remember we saw the Redcliffe Castle level in some detail (can't remember if it was part of that stream though) - which was an interesting choice considering its narrative role in the final game (oh the speculation it created with what happens to Leliana, heh).

I'd love if they did something similar for MEA. Everyone feels pretty pumped after something like that. I'm guessing at this stage though they're probably not going to.

shinobi - any ideas if we might see something like that?

Plasma

Banned
I don't think some of the animations shown look that great but the way some people are talking about them you'd think every character is walking around in a t-pose.

I don't think some of the animations shown look that great but the way some people are talking about them you'd think every character is walking around in a t-pose.

It's sort of how these things go. Once someone is intent on creating a narrative, they pour over every frame of pre-release footage to cherry pick examples, make a few convenient gifs, and then keep fucking that chicken until it becomes the predominant opinion simply by volume.

something something her emails something something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom