• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rObit

Banned
Insane Metal said:
It's fucking awesome. Get it as soon as you can. There isn't any bad song in the album imo.

Diseased Yak said:
This. Fucking amazing album.

Thanks dudes, bought on your recommendations. Only given it one listen so far, but I'm really liking it. Love that it stays strong to the end, Regain the Fire is a late gem, really good stuff.

Ravager61

Really surprised no one in this thread is talking about how amazing the new Blut Aus Nord album is. I guess I'll start. Its fucking amazing.

Flynn

Thanks for mentioning Satanic Warmaster on that last page. Found a split with them and Behexen on Spotify that was right up my alley.

Korranator

eudaemonic said:

Fixed!

111111.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WU3SZjfbcpI

Melchiah

animlboogy said:
I'm pretty into some deathrock stuff, would this point me in a good direction or is it pretty different from that sort of thing?

I'm not at all into something like Kettle Cadaver, if that helps.

The show is more rock oriented, so I presume you could find something of interest there.

You can find older shows here, with playlists.

EDIT: Sorry, I can't mention any band names, as I've only heard a song from here and and song from there. But I do recommend Screaming Lord Sutch

For those favoring the harsher industrial music... listening to MZ.412: Domine Rex Inferum at the moment. It fits to these midnight hours when you sit alone in the dark. If you want more energetic power electronics, I suggest MZ.412: Nordik Battle Signs, Folkstorm: Information Blitzkrieg, and the French Propergol.

Here's Propergol's Outburst

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Oh damn, just heard that there is Insomnium concert on Friday... not enough money for that :( (25 € for Amon Amarth, 400 € for summer tires and additional 300 € for major car service, 100 € for bills in just one week aka my whole salary will be gone till Monday)

Azuran

Banned
Anyone else listen to Skeletonwitch here? If yes, what did you guys think of their new album?

IZpS5.jpg

I found it to be way better than Breathing the Fire, but not as good as Permafrost.

Kaladin

Azuran said:
Anyone else listen to Skeletonwitch here? If yes, what did you guys think of their new album?

IZpS5.jpg

I found it to be way better than Breathing the Fire, but not as good as Permafrost.

Its one of my favorite albums this year. I enjoy it. Almost every song is under 3 min, but those 3 minutes are just blazing fast thrash that is like a kick in the teeth.

bounchfx

Azuran said:

IZpS5.jpg

love it, I think it's their best yet

ShaneB

Can not get this song out of my head. A shame their new album has been a relative dissapointment :( It still has some awesome tracks, but it really just loses steam in the later tracks. They've had crazy line up changes too =/ Such great fun new traditional metal.

White Wizzard - High Speed GTO

I'm a sucker for Weebl's Stuff... and I like different types of metal.

So it's only natural I would be curious about a metal version of Amazing Horse.

I was cracking up. Thought maybe a few people in here might get a chuckle out of it too.

Seanspeed

Banned
Delightful Oonsk said:
Anyone pick up the new Insomnium album? Would like to hear some impressions if anyone has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZmK2ZWBxQc

I'm digging the single.
Its not bad, but it doesn't seem as immediately memorable as Above the Weeping World in my opinion. And I could honestly do without the singing.

Still sounds like Insomnium, though! If you already liked them, you're not going to dislike it.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Azuran said:

IZpS5.jpg

I was going to make a post on how awesome this band is and why hadn't I discovered them earlier. Shame the new album is so short. It is so good.

Doomshine

HammerOfThor said:
Hey guys, I'm just getting into Running Wild. I just listened to Death or Glory.

Where do I go from there?
I'd say get the two previous albums (Under Jolly Roger and Port Royal) and go from there. The compilation album 20 Years in History is actually pretty good too if you want a quick overview.

HammerOfThor said:
Hey guys, I'm just getting into Running Wild. I just listened to Death or Glory.

Where do I go from there?

Oh. My good man. Are you in for a treat.

Death or Glory is my personal favorite, but any of these will serve you very well. In order of style, not quality:

Black Hand Inn - most power metalish
Port Royal
Pile of Skulls
Under Jolly Roger - most speed metalish

They have more great stuff than that, but I would say that those plus DoG are their best albums. Great fucking band.

Edit: Oh, and going to see fucking MANOWAR in 4 days. HAIL AND KILL.

yacobod

Banned
Like he said Death or Glory is probably their best.

Riding the Storm :)

But you shouldn't ignore Pile of Skulls, Blackhand Inn, or Port Royal. Fun power pirate metal.

DieH@rd said:
I am in fucking extasy right now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8n8Bz2Ba34

Luca Turilli's Rhapsody band will debut next June. Several old rhapsody members, full choir, crazy bombastic sound and offcourse new singer!

CANT FUCKING WAIT! Hopefully it will be set in SF setting [like awesome Prophet of the Last Eclipse].

I'm a big Rhapsody fan, and I'm interested to see what exactly is going to happen with these 2 bands that have spawned from their ashes.

My money would be on Luca's band being better, but I really like Fabio's voice and Alex isn't a chump when it comes to songwriting either. It's fucking silly that they are both basically called Rhapsody, but guess that means more Unicorns and Emerald Swords for me, which is never a bad thing.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Summary of Amon Amarth concert
- Septic Flesh --> awesome, but they only played 6 songs
- As i gay dying --> what the fuck, who invited them on tour and they play 9 songs. Like 9 songs too much. I moved to the bar during their 'performance'.
- Amon Amarth --> due to too long AILD 'performance', they only played 1 hour and 45 minutes (30 minutes less than in Graz). But this was intense, very good contact with audience. And they are awesome live.

Some highlights

Seanspeed

Banned
DrM said:
- As i gay dying --> what the fuck, who invited them on tour and they play 9 songs. Like 9 songs too much. I moved to the bar during their 'performance'.
You missed out. They're actually really good live.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Setlists:

Septic Flesh
- Vampire from Nazareth
- We, Gods
- Pyramid God
- A Great Mass of Death
- Five Pointed star
(They left Communion, Anubis and Persepolis out, but these songs were on the setlist)

As I lay dying
- Have no idea

Amon Amarth
- War of the Gods
- Runes to My Memory
- Destroyer of the Universe
- Live Without Regrets
- The Pursuit of Vikings
- For Victory or Death
- Varyags of Miklagaard
- Slaves of Fear
- Ride For Vengeance
- A Beast Am I
- Embrace of the Endless Ocean
- Free Will Sacrifice
- Asator
- Death in Fire
--------------
- Twilight of the Thunder God
- Guardians of Asgaard

Melchiah said:
My girlfriend, and a friend, would absolutely want that! Any info where they might buy them?

I'm not exactly sure. Maybe it's custom? Those bedsheets would give you sleepless nights, but thats what the day is for anywaaaaayyyyysss.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom