• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melchiah

Just discovered this band through a friend of mine, and decided to share it here. Love its slow brooding atmosphere.

Christotokos
Theotokos

Band: NunFuckRitual
Album: In Bondage to the Serpent
Label: Debemur Morti Productions
Release Year: 2011
Genre: Black Metal
Country Of Origin: Norway

onDjR.jpg

Flynn

Bay area people: Tidal Wave 2012 is taking shape.

I'm dying to see Slough Feg (now confirmed) so I might convince the wife to fly up for the weekend. Possessed rumored as headliner.

Concert is funded by donations so tix are free.

Here's the official site, not updated yet but you can see their old line-ups. Facebook too.

Dn1Jc.jpg

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
ltrhapsodyyulq1.jpg

Singer of Luca Turilli's Rhapsody will be revealed on March 27, together with few song excerpts.

Cant wait.

The fact that he decided to use the name "Rhapsody" for his project is pretty stupid for me but ah well; in the other hand, I wanna listen what he has to offer to the fans after leaving Rhapsody of Fire, but like even the cover, to me looks like an alternative cover for "The Frozen Tears of Angels" (don't get me wrong, I really admire this dude's musical abilities) and I am almost sure it will sound the same as his former band -___-

DieH@rd

Banned
The fact that he decided to use the name "Rhapsody" for his project is pretty stupid for me but ah well; in the other hand, I wanna listen what he has to offer to the fans after leaving Rhapsody of Fire, but like even the cover, to me looks like an alternative cover for "The Frozen Tears of Angels" (don't get me wrong, I really admire this dude's musical abilities) and I am almost sure it will sound the same as his former band -___-

Well, he is indeed using big symphonic orchestra and choir again, so it will remain similar. But transition from fantasy setting to more real historic state may indeed give us some differences.

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
Well, he is indeed using big symphonic orchestra and choir again, so it will remain similar. But transition from fantasy setting to more real historic state may indeed give us some differences.

Well so all that's left to do is waiting and listen to this stuff.

Kaladin

New Fear Factory album is out June 5th called The Industrialist:

“The album is a futuristic tale of an automaton, striving to survive by fighting for its existence within a desperate world. The lyrics tell the story while the music takes our industrial roots and blends them more perfectly than ever with our metal edge. And all without losing the sound that makes Fear Factory a machine of sonic devastation. Fear Factory fans of any era will not be disappointed.”

It sounds good on paper, I didn't like their last one as much as I thought I would though.

Tracklist of the new Tenacious D album:

Tenacious D - "Rize Of The Fenix"

01. "Rize Of The Fenix"
02. "Low Hangin’ Fruit"
03. "Classical Teacher"
04. "Señorita"
05. "Deth Starr"
06. "Roadie"
07. "Flutes And Trombones"
08. "Ballad Of Hollywood Jack And The Rage Kage"
09. "Throwdown"
10. "Rock Is Dead"
11. "They Fucked Our Asses"
12. "To Be The Best"
13. "39"

Tracklist of the new Tenacious D album:

Tenacious D - "Rize Of The Fenix"

01. "Rize Of The Fenix"
02. "Low Hangin’ Fruit"
03. "Classical Teacher"
04. "Señorita"
05. "Deth Starr"
06. "Roadie"
07. "Flutes And Trombones"
08. "Ballad Of Hollywood Jack And The Rage Kage"
09. "Throwdown"
10. "Rock Is Dead"
11. "They Fucked Our Asses"
12. "To Be The Best"
13. "39"

Nice, googled it:
http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/02/check-out-tenacious-d-rize-of-the-fenix/
The list of must-have albums in 2012 is growing. :O

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
hey guys, since i did a thread about my bands new record, i figured i could tell you about it in here :D

If you are into post/prog-metal and epic 30 minute long songs , visit this >>thread<<

DangerStepp

It's pretty much what the record after Gutter Phenomenon should have been. So good.
It's weird you say that because I agree.

Although Big Dirty was great, it never really grew on me. The mix was just weird on that album; even Jordan said that. New Junk Aesthetic was fantastic, really sat well with me and I loved it.

I didn't think that it could get any better than New Junk...Ex-Lives is just insane; there was no growing to be done.

I've been death tripping all week. I fear that my neck will snap any moment.
The last 10 records I listened to:

SMXGo.jpg

Convulse - World Without God
World Without God
Incantation of Restoration

ibSa3.gif

God Macabre - The Winterlong (reissue with the Macabre End demo)
Ashes of Mourning Life (God Macabre)
Spawn of Flesh (Macabre End)

BBZ0w.jpg

Disciples of Mockery - Prelude to Apocalypse
God of Love
Dogma

xdpAm.jpg

Darkthrone - Goatlord
Black Daimon
Sadomasochistic Rites

gtb9j.jpg

Divine Eve - Upon These Ashes Scorn The World
Innocense Lost
As The Angels Weep

UpXcV.jpg

Deteriorot - In Ancient Belief
The Afterlife
In Ancient Belief

3kezN.jpg

Accidental Suicide - Deceased
Morbid Indulgence
Misery Hunt

etHpH.jpg

Necrovore - The Abysmal Plains of Hell
Mutilated Death
Slaughtered Remains

RsBKY.jpg

Antediluvian - Through the Cervix of Hawwah
Turqoise Infidel
Gomorrah Entity (Perversion Reborn)

tm2eL.jpg

Mythos - Moulded In Clay
Mythos
Verses In The Fire

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Not sure if any of you guys remember, but I play in a crazy little grindcore band from Saudi Arabia by the name of Creative Waste. We'll be officially releasing our debut album on April 3rd. It's pretty loud and original stuff.

We're playing Obscene Extreme Fest in Czech Republic this July so we're going to be promoting it there among other venues. I'll let you guys know as soon as I have copies for you to check out!

EDIT: Here's a brief taste. The unmixed version of track 7: Defeatist

Not sure if any of you guys remember, but I play in a crazy little grindcore band from Saudi Arabia by the name of Creative Waste. We'll be officially releasing our debut album on April 3rd. It's pretty loud and original stuff.

We're playing Obscene Extreme Fest in Czech Republic this July so we're going to be promoting it there among other venues. I'll let you guys know as soon as I have copies for you to check out!

EDIT: Here's a brief taste. The unmixed version of track 7: Defeatist

Really liking this, thanks for the link! Will Gaffers get signed copies? ;)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Being drunk as fck and listening to old Rhapsody (in Fire) is just awesome. Mix some Judas priest and some neverheardoffolkmetalband and you will have a blast.

Call of the Wintermoon is still the worst video ever at this state :D

God Macabre is fucking great. A shame they didn't put more albums out.

Nod to similar bands:

Furbowl - Those Shredded Dreams

Comecon - The House That Man Built

Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Not really into death n' roll so I haven't really listened to Furbowl but that track sounds pretty good.
I don't think I've ever listened to Comecon either. Really like the vocals on that track, I'll definitely be checking that out at some point.
Slumber of Sullen Eyes is a classic.

I don't think I've ever listened to Comecon either. Really like the vocals on that track, I'll definitely be checking that out at some point.

That Comecon album has Martin Van Drunen on vocals, thats why! It's a weird and dorky album actually. Just can't ever go wrong with Van Drunen. Death By Dawn had a really similar sound/approach with Van Drunen on vocals. I actually dig one of their albums.

Death By Dawn - Parliament of Decadence

Isocr4cy

So Princess Ghibli II - Imaginary Flying Machine was announced quite a while ago but I missed out on the news. It's coming out March 14th and like the first, it features Disarmonia Mundi, Blood Stain Child, Living Corpse, Neroargento and Destrage. It also features The Stranded(Disarmonia's new band) and Rise to Fall.

Gonna be sick!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcPdPSehBQE

That Comecon album has Martin Van Drunen on vocals, thats why! It's a weird and dorky album actually. Just can't ever go wrong with Van Drunen. Death By Dawn had a really similar sound/approach with Van Drunen on vocals. I actually dig one of their albums.

Death By Dawn - Parliament of Decadence

Hah, I thought there was something familiar about those vocals. That Death By Dawn track sounds good too.
I think I'm going to put on Last One On Earth now.

Watevaman

The only metal venue around here recently changed ownership and even though they're still scheduling some good metal shows, I can't help but feel there aren't going to be many acts coming through that I'd like to see.

Kaladin

I thought Mastodon was touring with Red Fang? Ghost are decent Im just not crazy about the vocals.

Mastodon is touring with Ghost and Opeth over the summer. Mastodon and Opeth are trading off headlining while Ghost opens. It's going to be one fucking magical night of metal.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Mastodon is touring with Ghost and Opeth over the summer. Mastodon and Opeth are trading off headlining while Ghost opens. It's going to be one fucking magical night of metal.

Thats a pretty bad ass bill. Im gonna go ahead and assume this is going down in europe?

Kaladin

Thats a pretty bad ass bill. Im gonna go ahead and assume this is going down in europe?

NA only

MASTODON, OPETH, GHOST - 2012 TOUR DATES
Apr. 04 - Portland, ME - State Theater (M)
Apr. 05 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theater (O)
Apr. 06 - Montreal, QC - Metropolis (O)
Apr. 07 - Toronto, ON - Sony Centre (O)
Apr. 09 - Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory(M)
Apr. 10 - Wallingford, CT - The Dome (M)
Apr. 11 - New York, NY - Roseland Ballroom (M)
Apr. 13 - Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre(M)
Apr. 14 - Grand Rapids, MI - The Intersection (M)
Apr. 15 - Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE (M)
Apr. 16 - Knoxville, TN - TN Theater (O)
Apr. 18 - Oklahoma City, OK - Diamond Ballroom (M)
Apr. 19 - Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom (O)
Apr. 20 - San Antonio, TX - Back Stage Live (O)
Apr. 21 - Corpus Christi, TX - Concrete Street (O)
Apr. 23 - Denver, CO - Fillmore Auditorium (O)
Apr. 25 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues (M)
Apr. 26 - Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Amphitheatre (O)
Apr. 27 - Oakland, CA - Fox Theatre (O)
Apr. 28 - Reno, NV - Grand Sierra Resort (M)
Apr. 30 - Seattle, WA - The Paramount (O)
May 01 - Vancouver, BC - Orpheum Theatre (O)
May 03 - Edmonton, AB - Edmonton Events Center (O)
May 04 - Calgary, AB - MacEwan Hall (M)
May 05 - Saskatoon, SK - The Odeon (O)
May 06 - Winnipeg, MB - Burton Cummings Theatre (O)
May 09 - Washington, DC - The Fillmore (O)
May 10 - Charlotte, NC - The Fillmore (M)
May 11 - Myrtle Beach, SC - House of Blues (M)
May 12 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade Music Park (M)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
NA only

MASTODON, OPETH, GHOST - 2012 TOUR DATES
Apr. 04 - Portland, ME - State Theater (M)
Apr. 05 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theater (O)
Apr. 06 - Montreal, QC - Metropolis (O)
Apr. 07 - Toronto, ON - Sony Centre (O)
Apr. 09 - Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory(M)
Apr. 10 - Wallingford, CT - The Dome (M)
Apr. 11 - New York, NY - Roseland Ballroom (M)
Apr. 13 - Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre(M)
Apr. 14 - Grand Rapids, MI - The Intersection (M)
Apr. 15 - Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE (M)
Apr. 16 - Knoxville, TN - TN Theater (O)
Apr. 18 - Oklahoma City, OK - Diamond Ballroom (M)
Apr. 19 - Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom (O)
Apr. 20 - San Antonio, TX - Back Stage Live (O)
Apr. 21 - Corpus Christi, TX - Concrete Street (O)
Apr. 23 - Denver, CO - Fillmore Auditorium (O)
Apr. 25 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues (M)
Apr. 26 - Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Amphitheatre (O)
Apr. 27 - Oakland, CA - Fox Theatre (O)
Apr. 28 - Reno, NV - Grand Sierra Resort (M)
Apr. 30 - Seattle, WA - The Paramount (O)
May 01 - Vancouver, BC - Orpheum Theatre (O)
May 03 - Edmonton, AB - Edmonton Events Center (O)
May 04 - Calgary, AB - MacEwan Hall (M)
May 05 - Saskatoon, SK - The Odeon (O)
May 06 - Winnipeg, MB - Burton Cummings Theatre (O)
May 09 - Washington, DC - The Fillmore (O)
May 10 - Charlotte, NC - The Fillmore (M)
May 11 - Myrtle Beach, SC - House of Blues (M)
May 12 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade Music Park (M)

OH shit im in there. April at the Roseland. Sweeeet. I havent seen mastodon since Blood mountain.

I have a question for you blokes. I've been mulling over the idea of creating my own blog for a while now (the originality... I know!), and I just recently decided that creating a metal blog could be damn good fun.

Creating the blog would serve two primary functions:

1. I'm a public relations major. As some of you may or may not know, the vast majority of public relations work is writing. Writing press releases and news releases, designing messages, saying the right things to the right audiences. Having a blog will get me practice with all of those things. Not only will I be meticulous with how I write each piece, but since I'm a senior in my major, I know quite a few tips and tricks I could utilize to promote the blog and gain a following. If I am able to mount some sort of notable readership base, my blog would make an excellent portfolio piece, demonstrating that I know how to effectively target and engage populations.

2. I love metal. It is more than a hobby for me. In fact, it's the closest thing to a religion that I have. By doing this project I would be able to explore, reflect, and learn more about one of my prime passions in life.

I would comment on anything metal related that interests me. Reviews, upcoming releases, news, opinion pieces, educational pieces (history of a certain aspect of the metal genre or of a band), etc. I would also probably have guest writers if there is any interest, as I am only one over-worked college student who probably won't have as much time to devote to this project right away as I'd like. Even some of my GAF bros could write a feature piece! Providing the article passes my rigorous professional standards, that is :p

What do you guys think? I'm sure the market is over saturated enough with metalheads making shitty metal blogs. The difference is that mine wouldn't be shitty (at least not objectively). Does what I just described sound interesting to anyone? Would any of you guys read it? And don't be polite. If you guys think nobody would read it, tell me. The only metal blog I occasionally read is angry metal guy, so I really have no idea what the landscape at large for this niche type of blog is.

Gracias for any feedback on this idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom