• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm not too big on Stoner, there are some good bands I do like though. Most of it seems too samey for me :( I really like Sheavy though, I imagine you're familiar with them already?
Yeah, I have. Doom/Stoner can be too samey, so it's good to have a taste in variety, but it's just the sound that I resonate most closely with when talking metal.

Blackheim

Yeah, I have. Doom/Stoner can be too samey, so it's good to have a taste in variety, but it's just the sound that I resonate most closely with when talking metal.

Good :D Most people write them off though for some reason (I know why, I disagree though!). Yeah, I definitely dig the sound, just not enough unique applications of it for my taste is all.

I like all kinds of metal, I probably lean more towards liking Thrash than any other genre though. Predominately '80s - early '90s stuff, the modern retro bands styled bands are missing a certain something. Ghoul is pretty good though! Thrashy with humor and with a bit of surf music stylings here and there. Strange but good :p

Ghoul - As Your Casket Closes

Ghoul - Psychoplasm

Or, if you're feeling really adventurous ... the full album:

Ghoul - Splatterthrash

Melchiah

Same for me hah. Like Kiss - Alive II, Ozzy - Live EP, Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla aside from the ones I mentioned in the other post or random 7"s I got as bonuses from pre-orders...

For me, among the two Carcass albums I mentioned... WASP: Animal, debut & Last Command, Twisted Sister: Stay Hungry, some Venom albums, Napalm Death: Dorrian & Steer era, Naked City: Torture Garden, Xysma: Above... Pretty much only heavy metal and grindcore left.

Blackheim

For me, among the two Carcass albums I mentioned... WASP: Animal, debut & Last Command, Twisted Sister: Stay Hungry, some Venom albums, Napalm Death: Dorrian & Steer era, Naked City: Torture Garden, Xysma: Above... Pretty much only heavy metal and grindcore left.

Carcass is awesome of course and I love W.A.S.P. :D I have all of their stuff on CD (though Blackie makes it hard for me to like him these days when I read interviews with him) and finally got around to replacing Stay Hungry on CD 2 weeks ago >_> Need some Venom, I've been putting that off forever. There's just so much I want/need to still buy :/ Haven't heard Xysma is ages, geez. Never got into Napalm/Naked City. Perhaps I should revisit that stuff some time and see how I react to it these days.

Spinning Gojira's latest recently. I'm probably in the minority when I say that I dig them predominantly for their melodic side. While I can appreciate their crafting of interestingly brutal rhythms, I'm more in it for the seldom "lead" they pull. Bottom line, they're interesting to listen to, regardless of whether you like them, which is always a massive compliment.

kingslunk

Lately I'm sort of addicted to III: So Long Suckers by Reverend Bizarre. What a massive album, more than 2 hours of (traditional) doom.
o845146f4ky1.jpg

Fuck yeah man, album is amazing. Thanks for introducing me to this.

Melchiah

Carcass is awesome of course and I love W.A.S.P. :D I have all of their stuff on CD (though Blackie makes it hard for me to like him these days when I read interviews with him) and finally got around to replacing Stay Hungry on CD 2 weeks ago >_> Need some Venom, I've been putting that off forever. There's just so much I want/need to still buy :/ Haven't heard Xysma is ages, geez. Never got into Napalm/Naked City. Perhaps I should revisit that stuff some time and see how I react to it these days.

Couldn't agree more about Blackie's recent interviews. I find the path he's recently chosen somewhat distasteful, when you think about his earlier works.

The bassist of Xysma is actually a friend of mine. He used to live in San Francisco at one point, and was an active member in Temple of Set. He wrote a couple of books revolving around left hand path as well.

I still enjoy the old Napalm Death, but Naked City depends more on the mood.

Cactus

Banned
Lately I'm sort of addicted to III: So Long Suckers by Reverend Bizarre. What a massive album, more than 2 hours of (traditional) doom.

I'm not sure why, but I could never get into So Long Suckers. I love their other albums, though. Crush the Insects and Harbinger of Metal are particularly awesome.

Blackheim

Hah, I used to think of Blackie as a fairly intelligent guy. Perhaps he still is on some level in some areas but, my opinion of him has significantly diminished over the years :p He hasn't quite gotten to the point of Mustaine for me yet. He's trying and I could see him get there! I can usually separate the person from their art enough so that I'm not too put off by listening to their material. Getting difficult though >_> Doubt I'd ever stop listening to those early albums at any rate, love them. Would mostly only impact whether I'd buy any future releases. Oh, I do wish he'd put out Live at the Lyceum and Videos... In The Raw home videos sometime, preferably on blu-ray. I still have them on VHS, would like to retire those.

Awesome, I remember hearing Lotto and liking it. Anything else worth checking out by those guys? Haven't heard of Temple of Set I don't think...

I'll give the old Napalm and Naked City a listen sometime soon hopefully. Have a lot of other stuff I'm trying to catch up on :D

Melchiah

Hah, I used to think of Blackie as a fairly intelligent guy. Perhaps he still is on some level in some areas but, my opinion of him has significantly diminished over the years :p He hasn't quite gotten to the point of Mustaine for me yet. He's trying and I could see him get there! I can usually separate the person from their art enough so that I'm not too put off by listening to their material. Getting difficult though >_> Doubt I'd ever stop listening to those early albums at any rate, love them. Would mostly only impact whether I'd buy any future releases. Oh, I do wish he'd put out Live at the Lyceum and Videos... In The Raw home videos sometime, preferably on blu-ray. I still have them on VHS, would like to retire those.

Awesome, I remember hearing Lotto and liking it. Anything else worth checking out by those guys? Haven't heard of Temple of Set I don't think...

I think nothing could lessen the meaning of the old WASP albums for me, but it sure as hell doesn't help if a person behind the albums you hold as classics turns completely around. I've never really liked Megadeth, so I guess I'm lucky I don't have to stand Mustaine. ;)

I like the older Xysma releases more, specifically Above the Mind of Morbidity, but Lotto is listenable as well. ToS is a left hand path organization located in USA.

Blackheim

I think nothing could lessen the meaning of the old WASP albums for me, but it sure as hell doesn't help if a person behind the albums you hold as classics turns completely around. I've never really liked Megadeth, so I guess I'm lucky I don't have to stand Mustaine. ;)

I like the older Xysma releases more, specifically Above the Mind of Morbidity, but Lotto is listenable as well. ToS is a left hand path organization located in USA.

Same, those albums will remain classic regardless. If he gets worse, I can just ignore anything that comes out of his mouth that isn't on an album :p Yeah, I love those first 3 Megadeth albums and can understand why a lot of people don't (or don't like Megadeth in general). I can take or leave the 3 after. The others ... not interested really. Megadeth has lost the magic for me *shrug* Not solely because of Mustaine, the music just isn't interesting to me anymore.

I'll add the older albums to the 'to listen to' list then.

Read a quick write up on ToS, essentially a religion of 'enlightened individualism' eh? I don't subscribe to any belief structure (nor would I describe myself as Atheist/Agnostic/Other. I'm me and only me, simple as that.) and don't hold ill will to those who do (that is, holding a belief in and of itself. Now, those who do dumb crap because of and derived from belief I might frown upon :p) but the ToS seems reasonable/rational enough from a cursory glance hah. I agree though that everyone should strive to be themselves, their true selves and discard false pretenses. ANYWAY, Metal Thread, not philosophical/metaphysical/spiritual/whatever Thread, sorry! >_>

Flynn

Japan is in some major drought of metal shows ... I feel so idiotic for not going to more shows when I lived in Seattle, was being spoiled and didn't realize it. People complain so much about El Corazon there but the # of great shows I saw at El Corazon trumps anything here.

The only upcoming announced Tokyo shows are:

Napalm Death/Nasum/Pig Destroyer (August) http://club-quattro.com/shibuya/schedule/detail.php?id=1134
Unisonic/Gotthard (September) http://www.creativeman.co.jp/artist/2012/09unisonic/
Cannibal Corpse (October) http://club-quattro.com/shibuya/schedule/detail.php?id=1227

There are usually some shows added at last minute but this is pretty bleak.

It's a little ways off But Leave Them All Behind Fest looks pretty good.

U2lYR.jpg

Melchiah

Read a quick write up on ToS, essentially a religion of 'enlightened individualism' eh? I don't subscribe to any belief structure (nor would I describe myself as Atheist/Agnostic/Other. I'm me and only me, simple as that.) and don't hold ill will to those who do (that is, holding a belief in and of itself. Now, those who do dumb crap because of and derived from belief I might frown upon :p) but the ToS seems reasonable/rational enough from a cursory glance hah. I agree though that everyone should strive to be themselves, their true selves and discard false pretenses. ANYWAY, Metal Thread, not philosophical/metaphysical/spiritual/whatever Thread, sorry! >_>

Some organizations may have different views on the matter, but usually the ideology is more about individualism, than following what a certain group wants you to. Personally, I've never felt like joining any of them. They all have some interesting ideas, but also some that I don't necessarily approve of. The lone way has suited me just fine so far.

On a side note, the Finnish Black Flames of Blasphemy festival's bands were just announced today. I'm especially looking forward to seeing the bolded ones.

NECROS CHRISTOS (DE)
ANTAEUS (FR)
MGLA (PL)
ASCENSION (DE)
GOATMOON (FI)
BAPTISM (FI)
SARGEIST (FI)
UNCREATION'S DAWN (FI)
GODLESS NORTH (CA)
THE TRUE WERWOLF (FI)
IXXI (SE)
SATURNIAN MIST (FI)

More info for those interested: http://www.sacrifire.net/bfob/

Melchiah

Nice names. But I thought Antaeus quit in 2006? I had the opportunity to see them then, but I wasn't a fan of that style of black metal yet.

I don't know anything about that, as I have never really followed the band. I'm more interested in whether they have self-mutilation onstage, than their music. ;)

NGAMER9

Just grabbed my ticket for "The Power of the Riff West" now that Sunn O))) were added to it. I am so psyched, I've wanted to see them for years but they are so sporadic with their live shows that I never got a chance to do it. Of course, the other bands will be great too, but I'm mostly in it for Sunn O))).

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Just grabbed my ticket for "The Power of the Riff West" now that Sunn O))) were added to it. I am so psyched, I've wanted to see them for years but they are so sporadic with their live shows that I never got a chance to do it. Of course, the other bands will be great too, but I'm mostly in it for Sunn O))).
I really hope they have a Boston/NYC date sometime soon. I missed them the last time they played Boston (which must have been 4-5 years ago at this point) and I'm still kicking myself. I saw them perform Altar with Boris a few years ago, but that was a different experience entirely (awesome, of course) and not really the same.

NGAMER9

I really hope they have a Boston/NYC date sometime soon. I missed them the last time they played Boston (which must have been 4-5 years ago at this point) and I'm still kicking myself. I saw them perform Altar with Boris a few years ago, but that was a different experience entirely (awesome, of course) and not really the same.
I believe they're playing in New York for the East Coast version of The Power of the Riff festival. Might be a bit of a drive depending on where you are, but with how scarce these shows are (except in Japan, for whatever reason) it might be worth it. I'd have loved to see them with Boris, too, looks like that has no chance of coming stateside again, although they do joint shows elsewhere.

zedge

Some good ole Canadian thrash. This band has been around for about 20 years apparently. Love it. Vocals remind me of a band called Coven that I frigging loved back in the day.

Entropy - Succubus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oHhmUYVlNY&feature=youtu.be

Some Coven. One of the best most underrated thrash bands ever. Fucking insane riffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSwzUcOy4UQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z57M8iVGzYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUWLkS8b5ls&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUjPAgx2oms&feature=related

:p

I'd offer but, I suck at writing for reviews or editorials/blog posts :p I might be able to help with something on the image front though maybe if you need help with that. I know a thing or 2 about photoshop :D

I might totally take you up on that offer, as I completely blow at photoshop. Actually I'm not the greatest writer either, but it will be a learning experience.

Haha, somebody remembered! Excellent.

As much as I'm sure HammerOfThor will be able to create an excellent metal website, I have a lot of ideas in regards to what I'm working on. I'm still hoping to be able to launch a blog before the end of the year, but I had an unexpected surgery come up so we'll see what happens.

HammerOfThor, I would definitely like to invite you to my virtual metal castle though down the road though for some collaborative writing and a supper of dragon flesh and pagan blood

Ditto, MetalGuardian ;D

Just saw that Bonded by blood has their new album up on Spotify.

Great thrash.

A must listen.

Yes, yes, and yes! The past 5 years have bee really nice to thrash, with Warbringer and Bonded By Blood to name a few :D

Also, I bought tickets for Nightwish when they come down to Chicago. No idea what Gold Circle is but I'm sure it will be worth the extra few bucks :D

Flynn

I believe they're playing in New York for the East Coast version of The Power of the Riff festival. Might be a bit of a drive depending on where you are, but with how scarce these shows are (except in Japan, for whatever reason) it might be worth it. I'd have loved to see them with Boris, too, looks like that has no chance of coming stateside again, although they do joint shows elsewhere.

I saw Boris and Sunn 0))) on that tour for Altar. It was fairly nuts.

fuck fuck fuck fuck.

That is heavier than elephant balls. I'd kill to see Godflesh, Boris, and Sunn O))) on the same bill. Mortalized is kinda out there, but funny as hell.

Goddamn, it would only be about £800 to get to Tokyo for 5 nights from Heathrow to go to this. If I win my staff lottery at work this month I'm seriously considering this.

Gaspode_T

Guess i wont be making fun of the el corazon anymore...and dont any japans metal bandsplay near you> i know there alot (loudness, x japan, ,Onmyouza , Sex Machineguns, Galneryus, Concerto Moon, Versailles , Coffines, Gallhammer, Sigh, Maximum the hormon, born, OZ, D, moi dix mois... etc... + there's also visual ke genre i and the pop/rock bands...

I have gotten to see Animetal Jpn, Anthem, Outrage, United, Dir En Grey, Gackt's rock band Yellow Fried Chicken (LOL)...still need to see Loudness and X Japan...the visual kei stuff I would prefer to go with someone but I don't really know anyone who is into that, the Liv Moon stuff kind of same. Galneryus would be fun to see!

The fad here with indie bands is unfortunately screamo/hardcore ... that is what the kids are into ... it makes me sad. I had some 20 year old tell me he doesn't like thrash because they don't scream enough.

The concert in November looks like a winner! Thanks for letting me know - that is actually close to where I live...

I hope Loud Park this year has an epic lineup! Last year the excuse was that people wouldn't come because they were afraid of Fukushima fallout rads

Speaking of Japanese metal bands - say hello to Sigh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oM3hWzIGgM&t=8m30s

They also did the flame spewing act when I saw them in 2010. Only it did not go perfectly and some of the flammable liquid fell down on some speakers. It was pretty amusing how they initially struggled to put it out. The show was pretty great, I was surprised that the female vocalist, in a bloody angel outfit, produced lower grunts than the male vocalist! I was quite disappointed that they only played black metal songs. I wanted to hear something of Imaginary Sonicscape.

So is this the kind of thread where I'll get made fun of for admitting that I like metalcore? I was listening to the first The Agony Scene album (self-titled, 2003) the other day and there are a few songs on it that I still really enjoy. It's pretty standard stuff, sure, but I've always had an appreciation for the vocals and drums they put out.

The+Agony+Scene.bmp

OmegaDragon said:
Between the Buried and Me (progressive metal) http://youtu.be/FNdRh2un5eg
These guys are one of my all time favorites. I like their newer more progressive stuff but I have to admit that I prefer the earlier style of stuff like Alaska and The Silent Circus a little bit more. It's definitely not as well developed but that's part of what makes it so great in my eyes, honestly.

Nopren

So is this the kind of thread where I'll get made fun of for admitting that I like metalcore? I was listening to the first The Agony Scene album (self-titled, 2003) the other day and there are a few songs on it that I still really enjoy. It's pretty standard stuff, sure, but I've always had an appreciation for the vocals and drums they put out.

The thread had a surprisingly somber and mature conversation about whether metalcore belonged in this thread a few pages back.

As for myself I've only listened to their "Get Damned" album which I still very much enjoy. At first listen they kinda reminded me of a heavier Soilwork, which is a good thing, I fucking LOVE Soilwork.

Too bad TAS haven't really released anything since.

The thread had a surprisingly somber and mature conversation about whether metalcore belonged in this thread a few pages back.

As for myself I've only listened to their "Get Damned" album which I still very much enjoy. At first listen they kinda reminded me of a heavier Soilwork, which is a good thing, I fucking LOVE Soilwork.

Too bad TAS haven't really released anything since.
Honestly I just got tired of discussing music on the internet sometime in my late teens when I finally realized that being elitist just wasn't worth it anymore. I tend to approach people's tastes in music a lot more openly now than I did then, and that also means I tend to avoid the overly drawn out discussions on genres and sub-genres. I'd like to think you guys here on GAF are above that though so I figured I'd throw out one of my favorite, most easily hateable metalcore bands and see what the reaction was like. :)

Get Damned was honestly a huge letdown for me as a long-time fan of TAS. Over time I came to accept it for what it was and now I have some appreciation for a few songs on the album but the abrupt change in style from their previous album (The Darkest Red, hehe) was just a little too much for me to take at the time. They lost their (great) drummer after TDR and they just felt too different after that, in my opinion.

You should check out some of their older stuff sometime and see if you like it. Try "Eyes Sewn Shut" from their first album or "Scapegoat" from their second. They might be a little too angsty by today's standards for you, though. :p

Nopren

Honestly I just got tired of discussing music on the internet sometime in my late teens when I finally realized that being elitist just wasn't worth it anymore. I tend to approach people's tastes in music a lot more openly now than I did then, and that also means I tend to avoid the overly drawn out discussions on genres and sub-genres. I'd like to think you guys here on GAF are above that though so I figured I'd throw out one of my favorite, most easily hateable metalcore bands and see what the reaction was like. :)

Get Damned was honestly a huge letdown for me as a long-time fan of TAS. Over time I came to accept it for what it was and now I have some appreciation for a few songs on the album but the abrupt change in style from their previous album (The Darkest Red, hehe) was just a little too much for me to take at the time. They lost their (great) drummer after TDR and they just felt too different after that, in my opinion.

You should check out some of their older stuff sometime and see if you like it. Try "Eyes Sewn Shut" from their first album or "Scapegoat" from their second. They might be a little too angsty by today's standards for you, though. :p

I just listened to "Scapegoat" and that one sounds pretty similar to many of the songs on GD, as in pretty good. And it's actually the drumming I recognize the most, maybe less "technical" and more straight-up hardcore drums.

It's funny you comment on BTBAM, because if there is a band that will turn you elitist when discovered at a young age that's pretty much it. Luckily for me, I was more concerned about being punk-elitist in my douchy teens, so I just listened to them as an aside.

It's funny you comment on BTBAM, because if there is a band that will turn you elitist when discovered at a young age that's pretty much it. Luckily for me, I was more concerned about being punk-elitist in my douchy teens, so I just listened to them as an aside.
Yeah, you're probably right about that. I definitely went through a period where I thought that my music was the only music and that I knew more about it than anyone else but thankfully that time has come and gone. I've been trying to find some new stuff to get into lately but it seems like I just keep gravitating back towards my old (to me, but we're talking early to mid 2000's era) favorites. Lately it's been old As I Lay Dying (Frail Words Collapse) and Zao (The Funeral of God) with some Black Dahlia Murder (Ritual) sprinkled in for good measure.

Some organizations may have different views on the matter, but usually the ideology is more about individualism, than following what a certain group wants you to. Personally, I've never felt like joining any of them. They all have some interesting ideas, but also some that I don't necessarily approve of. The lone way has suited me just fine so far.

On a side note, the Finnish Black Flames of Blasphemy festival's bands were just announced today. I'm especially looking forward to seeing the bolded ones.

More info for those interested: http://www.sacrifire.net/bfob/
Listening to Mgla - With Hearts Towards None on youtube right now. I've heard their name but never listened to them before. It's pretty melodic and trying to be "hypnotic".
Here's the link to the full album on youtube.

I have gotten to see Animetal Jpn, Anthem, Outrage, United, Dir En Grey, Gackt's rock band Yellow Fried Chicken (LOL)...still need to see Loudness and X Japan...the visual kei stuff I would prefer to go with someone but I don't really know anyone who is into that, the Liv Moon stuff kind of same. Galneryus would be fun to see!

The fad here with indie bands is unfortunately screamo/hardcore ... that is what the kids are into ... it makes me sad. I had some 20 year old tell me he doesn't like thrash because they don't scream enough.

The concert in November looks like a winner! Thanks for letting me know - that is actually close to where I live...

I hope Loud Park this year has an epic lineup! Last year the excuse was that people wouldn't come because they were afraid of Fukushima fallout rads
Japanese hardcore is awesome. Well, 80's hardcore at least. I don't know of any new bands so maybe they sound completely different.
I'm mostly thinking of bands like Gism, Confuse and CFDL.

Jaffaboy

jYjeilLHxeRxy.jpg

http://www.npr.org/2012/07/08/156292608/first-listen-baroness-yellow-and-green

For those wanting a legitimate full stream of Baroness' new double album, just follow the link above. It's not so much sludge anymore (or barely even metal half the time) but it's still music brilliance with Baroness at its core. Just pre-ordered the CDs with a T-shirt on Relaspe halfway into Green.

Listened to this earlier today, sounds pretty awesome but I feel it's not going to be quite as memorable as the last two albums. I've listened to them to death though and I hope this one will grow on me as much as the other two albums! I'm hoping to see them on their UK tour too! :D

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Listened to this earlier today, sounds pretty awesome but I feel it's not going to be quite as memorable as the last two albums. I've listened to them to death though and I hope this one will grow on me as much as the other two albums! I'm hoping to see them on their UK tour too! :D

I wish i could disagree with you. I love me some metal but i dont exclusively listen to it (as probably most metal heads) so i do like it. There were a few brilliant spots on the record but largely once they set the tone they never broke it.

Kaladin

Blind Guardian are about to go into writing/recording mode....

Where do we go from here?

Hi there,

A long (far longer than expected) journey has more or less come to an end. After having had great fun with our Greek and German friends some weeks ago, we are now preparing ourselves for the final show here in Germany. Even though being on the road is always a very enjoyable experience for everyone in the band, it, on the other hand, demands a lot of time and makes it almost impossible for us to really keep our focus on songwriting. It therefore became more and more obvious to us that there had to be a stop to our touring activities to maintain a proper songwriting cycle. It will be a challenging but also a very exciting period for us. Having an album like At the Edge of Time in our rearview mirror is a curse and blessing at the same time. No matter if we try to finalize the orchestra project or start the songwriting for the next new “regular” Blind Guardian album, it will demand our full attention during the next 24 months or perhaps even more. So, the final chance to see us live will be the Rockharz festival in Ballenstedt, Germany on Friday July 13th. I am absolutely sure that there will not be any Blind Guardian shows before autumn 2014. So, do not miss this one!

Last but not least, some information for those of you that are curious about the collector’s box that we’ve mentioned in some interviews. This box will contain remixed versions of the complete studio album works (based on the original releases) we have done for Virgin. During the next weeks we will provide you with the exact content once it is completely confirmed. There will be tons of material… I’ve found it extremely pleasant to revisit the old albums one more time, but mostly I enjoyed Nightfall in Middle-Earth, which for me remains the strongest Blind Guardian release to date. Mostly I was impressed by some of the songs, which we have not played live so far, “Noldor” and “The Curse of Feanor” in particular. I immediately decided that we have to play one or the other in 2014. So, it truly is something to look forward to. Sounds like a (false) promise, I already made some time ago, doesn’t it? History repeats itself, some mean people would say, and that life is a constant “Battlefield” – which reminds me of another great song of ours…

Hansi

Can't wait for the new album(s).

Blind Guardian are about to go into writing/recording mode....

Where do we go from here?

Can't wait for the new album(s).
CURSE OF FEANOR AND BATTLEFIELD LIVE?

*swoons*

Battlefield was the song that got me into metal. Metal was my least favorite, most despised genre at one point. After Battlefield, all I listened to for two years was Blind Guardian and then my metal taste exploded from there. I owe it all to that song.

And I'm glad about two years of songwriting. I can't wait for whatever they do next, obviously it will be glorious like every thing they have ever done

Kaladin

CURSE OF FEANOR AND BATTLEFIELD LIVE?

*swoons*

Battlefield was the song that got me into metal. Metal was my least favorite, most despised genre at one point. After Battlefield, all I listened to for two years was Blind Guardian and then my metal taste exploded from there. I owe it all to that song.

And I'm glad about two years of songwriting. I can't wait for whatever they do next, obviously it will be glorious like every thing they have ever done

With two years (or more) one could hope that would mean regular album and orchestral album.

With two years (or more) one could hope that would mean regular album and orchestral album.
One could also be severely disappointed by those hopes :p But then again, Duke Nukem Forever came out, the new Wintersun album is coming out, so maybe the orchestral album will come out sooner rather than later too

Ecrofirt

Manowar is going on tour in the Fall.

Three dates in the US:
Tue, Oct 09, 2012 - Zaragoza, Spain - Interpeñas
Thu, Oct 11, 2012 - La Coruña, Spain - Coliseum
Sat, Oct 13, 2012 - Barcelona, Spain - St Jordi Club
Sun, Oct 14, 2012 - Madrid, Spain - La Riviera
Tue, Oct 16, 2012 - Paris, France - Trabendo
Fri, Oct 19, 2012 - Kerkrade, Holland - Rodahal
Tue, Oct 23, 2012 - Prague, Czech Republic - Mala Sportovni Hala
Wed, Oct 24, 2012 - Pardubice, Czech Republic - CEZ Arena
Fri, Oct 26, 2012 - Zlin, Czech Republic - Euronics
Fri, Nov 23, 2012 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
Sat, Nov 24, 2012 - Long Island, NY - The Paramount
Sun, Nov 25, 2012 - Long Island, NY - The Paramount

It looks like they're charging a boatload of fucking money to see them again. Fucking $75 for a goddamned ticket, before fees.

Quikies83

The+Agony+Scene.bmp

These guys are one of my all time favorites. I like their newer more progressive stuff but I have to admit that I prefer the earlier style of stuff like Alaska and The Silent Circus a little bit more. It's definitely not as well developed but that's part of what makes it so great in my eyes, honestly.

I knew I liked you.

Manowar is going on tour in the Fall.

Three dates in the US:
Tue, Oct 09, 2012 - Zaragoza, Spain - Interpeñas
Thu, Oct 11, 2012 - La Coruña, Spain - Coliseum
Sat, Oct 13, 2012 - Barcelona, Spain - St Jordi Club
Sun, Oct 14, 2012 - Madrid, Spain - La Riviera
Tue, Oct 16, 2012 - Paris, France - Trabendo
Fri, Oct 19, 2012 - Kerkrade, Holland - Rodahal
Tue, Oct 23, 2012 - Prague, Czech Republic - Mala Sportovni Hala
Wed, Oct 24, 2012 - Pardubice, Czech Republic - CEZ Arena
Fri, Oct 26, 2012 - Zlin, Czech Republic - Euronics
Fri, Nov 23, 2012 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
Sat, Nov 24, 2012 - Long Island, NY - The Paramount
Sun, Nov 25, 2012 - Long Island, NY - The Paramount

It looks like they're charging a boatload of fucking money to see them again. Fucking $75 for a goddamned ticket, before fees.

I'd pay that if they CAME TO CHICAGO!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom