• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archon473

This isn't much to go on, but Rage may be making a new album...

Oh, you meant Rage, not RAGE.

2471.jpg

Ixion

I agree for the most part. A couple of tracks dont do it for me though, and down is one of my all time favorites. Still a very solid record.

I listened to NOLA a few weeks ago and it became one of my favorite metal albums. It's just badass riff after badass riff...

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I listened to NOLA a few weeks ago and it became one of my favorite metal albums. It's just badass riff after badass riff...

I cant believe it came out what..seventeen years ago? It has to be one of the best debut albums of all time.

It's just one of those days when you don't wanna wake up, everything is FUCKED, everybody SUCKS

Your best bet is to stay away motherfucker. IT'S JUST ONE OF DOSE DAYS. It's all about the HE SAID SHE SAID BULLSHIT, I THINK YOU BETTER QUIT LETTIN' SHIT SLIP, OR YOU BE LEVAIN W A FAT LIP

I PACK A CHAINSAW, I SKIN YOUR ASS RAW. AND IF MY DAY KEEPS GOING THIS WAY I MIGHT BREAK SUMPTHIN TONIGHT

GIVE ME SOMETHIN TO BREAK, GIVE ME SOMETHIN TO BREAK. JUST GIVE ME SOMETHIN TO BREAK. HOW BOUT YOUR FUCKIN FACE? I HOPE YOU KNOW I PACK A CHAINSAW! (WHAT??) I pack a chainsaw... WHAT? A motherfuckin CHAINSAW! (WHAT?)

My favorite parts of the video are the Eminem cameo and the ugly girls lifting shirts up to reveal bras that barely show any skin

I'm day drinking alone in my room before noon at the moment because I broke up with my girlfriend of ~16 months a few days ago. The Bizkit is the only thing that is making me smile. He is truly the master of hilarious metal. I think I need to go listen to some Korn and Disturbed next

DrM

Redmond's Baby
MetalGuardian, do not worry, you will get another (and probably much better) soon :) lots of fish in the pond, meanwhile enjoy single life :)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's just one of those days when you don't wanna wake up, everything is FUCKED, everybody SUCKS

Your best bet is to stay away motherfucker. IT'S JUST ONE OF DOSE DAYS. It's all about the HE SAID SHE SAID BULLSHIT, I THINK YOU BETTER QUIT LETTIN' SHIT SLIP, OR YOU BE LEVAIN W A FAT LIP

I PACK A CHAINSAW, I SKIN YOUR ASS RAW. AND IF MY DAY KEEPS GOING THIS WAY I MIGHT BREAK SUMPTHIN TONIGHT

GIVE ME SOMETHIN TO BREAK, GIVE ME SOMETHIN TO BREAK. JUST GIVE ME SOMETHIN TO BREAK. HOW BOUT YOUR FUCKIN FACE? I HOPE YOU KNOW I PACK A CHAINSAW! (WHAT??) I pack a chainsaw... WHAT? A motherfuckin CHAINSAW! (WHAT?)

My favorite parts of the video are the Eminem cameo and the ugly girls lifting shirts up to reveal bras that barely show any skin

I'm day drinking alone in my room before noon at the moment because I broke up with my girlfriend of ~16 months a few days ago. The Bizkit is the only thing that is making me smile. He is truly the master of hilarious metal. I think I need to go listen to some Korn and Disturbed next

i-know-that-feel.jpg

dorcov.jpg

about to spin this. been waiting for two years. hopefully it doesn't disappoint!

Posts like this piss me off. Cmon, give us a name, description, genre, anything.

Anyway, atmospheric black metal with Negura members? Sign me up. Damn, should I cancel my order with Converge and add this? First world problems :p Oh, they are called Dordeduh (what a silly name).

pablito

name is right on the cover, so you can calm down.

i didn't like it as much as om or n crugu, but it was still enjoyable. it'll get listened to here and there.

name is right on the cover, so you can calm down.

i didn't like it as much as om or n crugu, but it was still enjoyable. it'll get listened to here and there.

Yes, the name is on the cover and my first sentence was exaggerated. But that does not change the fact that you could have made your initial post a lot more informative and interesting with very minor extra work. Wouldn't you like to inform more of us here of this album or generate more discussion? You gain something, We gain something, , everybody wins. Well expect for those weird people who don't like black metal :p

Nevertheless, thanks for posting it. I will definitely give it a listen.

Watevaman

The name may be on the title but I sure as hell can't read it.

From the other post, I can gather it's something to do with Negura Bunget, but I don't listen to them.

Cptkrush

It's okay. I want Alaska back :(

I would rather the band do what they want, it makes for better, more meaningful music. Seems the fans are pretty split down the middle when it comes to post Alaska, just happens when you try to do something different every album I guess. I don't mind change so I enjoy the ride every time; as long as the music is still good, I'm still on board.

rObit

Banned
Been jamming the new August Burns Red holiday album all day -- it's prettaaaah good.

Nice. I'm thinking I might want to wait to grab it until its actually closer to the holidays. Don't want to burn out on it before I can get into the proper spirit.

Also just now noticed that Tesseract is going to be releasing a new track on the 12th. The trailer doesn't give much to go on, but I'm stoked for new Tesseract either way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4ucOHgFNM&list=UUnK9PxMozTYs8ELOvgMNKFA&index=5&feature=plcp

Melchiah

I feel like I should understand this but I don't.

Bathory is freaking awesome anyway, time to listen to it again.

oh ok I think I got it, viking vs black, I think...

Yep, that was the idea.

It's perhaps not a surprise, that I find Under the Sign of the Black Mark his best work, and don't really care about anything after it. Even Blood Fire Death was a disappointment compared to it.

Discovered two bands while browsing Spotify.

Metal Church and Armored Saint

I really need to pay attention.

Spotify has really opened me up to sooooooooooooooo many new bands!

I know the feel bro. I listened to a lot of Dio, Manowar and Blind Guardian around this exact same time last year because of the exact thing you're going thru. Those bands really helped me out.

ShaneB

Finally watched the Anvil doc yesterday. Absolutely fantastic, definitely recommended if you haven't seen it.

Just amazing to see that passion last for so long.

Greg

A new track by Graveyard streaming here. And yes. Yes that is the Wall Street Journal.
I was caught off guard by their first release when I randomly picked it up, so I'm going to go into this one without previewing tracks as well.

What a fantastic sound though, and they put on a great live show as well.

e_i

I've listened to Kneel Till Doomsday from the new MDB album. Great song...and then the death growls come in toward the end and I need a new pair of pants.

I've listened to Kneel Till Doomsday from the new MDB album. Great song...and then the death growls come in toward the end and I need a new pair of pants.

man, i miss those old death growls from My Dying Bride. Sounds like Aaron Stainthorpe never lost it.

cacophony

Finally watched the Anvil doc yesterday. Absolutely fantastic, definitely recommended if you haven't seen it.

Just amazing to see that passion last for so long.

I saw it a loooong time ago, but I remember their sense of entitlement and whining kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Like, you guys play shitty metal music, you aren't going to be a huge band.

mantidor

Yep, that was the idea.

It's perhaps not a surprise, that I find Under the Sign of the Black Mark his best work, and don't really care about anything after it. Even Blood Fire Death was a disappointment compared to it.

I see, I like his whole discography in general except for the trash stuff, thats why at first I didn't get it, the contrast is not as clear in my mind. But I can see where you are coming from if Viking metal isn't really your thing.

Melchiah

I see, I like his whole discography in general except for the trash stuff, thats why at first I didn't get it, the contrast is not as clear in my mind. But I can see where you are coming from if Viking metal isn't really your thing.

Yeah, I've never really been a fan of that kind of thing, and I usually don't like clean vocals that much.

On a side note, just stumbled on to this.

Quoted for size.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Last week the new Converge was AotY.
This week it's the new Pig Destroyer. Ermahgerd, the best my favourite metal-band makes another flawless album, I'm the happiest kid in the world :D

We'll see if Conan get back their AotY-spot as the weeks go by, but seriously, Book Burner is fucking awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom