• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Even with that band name and not listening to the clip.. I seriously can't tell if the lead is supposed to be a man or a woman.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It was released a few months ago I think, but I've been listening to this album for the past few days:

0246a1024bbdb7f2511762664d866e7e.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVxXoDmDvE0

Pretty sure it's going to be my fav for this year. The entire album is really really solid the whole way though.

I just gave this a listen and wow, actually really good.

Dom Brunt

Even with that band name and not listening to the clip.. I seriously can't tell if the lead is supposed to be a man or a woman.

It's a man. Saw them live at a festival this summer when nothing better was playing at the time but I was standing so far that I didn't see that they looked like that lol, would've probably left if I had, they were quite boring. But wtf, Earache?

choodi

Banned
I remember when Earache released Carcass/Morbid Angel/Entombed/Boltthrower/Sleep/Godflesh/Napalm Death/Carnage/Nocturnus/Repulsion/Naked City/Lawnmower Deth albums....

I can't even remember the last Earache album I ever saw. Who are the bands they have in their books these days?

choodi

Banned
I dont see the problem with that USB stick? 160 dollar for 1900 songs and a custom usb stick is not that bad a deal for legal music? I just hope its at least v0, or better: 320kbit, quality and not 128 kbit. :lol

Melchiah

nKvCq.jpg

"Metalion, Varg Vikernes, Euronymous and Snorre in Euronymous' apartment in Oslo, the day before Mayhem headed to Bergen to record De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas in Grieghallen."

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
It was released a few months ago I think, but I've been listening to this album for the past few days:

0246a1024bbdb7f2511762664d866e7e.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVxXoDmDvE0

Pretty sure it's going to be my fav for this year. The entire album is really really solid the whole way though.

Thanks for this, never heard of them before but they remind me of a slightly harder Katatonia, who I love love love.

Got through the first minute of that linked song and bought the whole album, spinning it now. Again, thanks!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The Omega Order is doing another promo/sale (seems like they have these weekly), but this one looks great: 50% off "most" of the store — over 4,000 items. It just started today, so their inventory is still probably pretty good.

http://www.theomegaorder.com/UNLEASHED

If you're into that stuff and don't already have it, I'd pick up a copy of True Norwegian Black Metal. It's a great coffee table book with some great photos.

I've had that book on my coffee table since it came out and also went to a Peter Beste gallery. There's another good photo book called "Murder in the Front Row" that has a ton of early Bay Area thrash metal photos. Tons of candid photos.

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
November will be sick! Here we have the visit of:

Edguy
Robert Plant
Black Label Society
Nightwish
Emilie Autum (which isn't metal but oh, well)

This month will be CRAZY!!!

November will be sick! Here we have the visit of:

Edguy
Robert Plant
Black Label Society
Nightwish
Emilie Autum (which isn't metal but oh, well)

This month will be CRAZY!!!
And of course the new Kamelot album out on October 30th, which just got a 10/10 in OUTBURN magazine (whatever the hell that publication is)

EDIT: Haha, I'm stupid. I gotta stop visiting this thread while drunk!

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently the new Neurosis leaked for reals this time. Not sure if I can wait two more weeks :(

Flynn

My buddy caught Atheist today and said they were kind of boring. A little disappointed to hear that. I dig those two records.

The new Wintersun is floating around the web. Its pretty cool.
It begins

Does it live up to the impossible expectations?

Full disclaimer, I'm full aware of what an absolutely bumbling dumb question that is. As the name of the album itself reveals, only time shall tell

Can't wait to check it out

Also I haven't slept in a full day. I've noticed Metal-GAF is my go to place for rambling posts. It's because you brosephs are the best in the biz

I've been listening to Fly By Night quite a bit since that commercial brought it back to my attention. What a great album

EDIT: Sons Of Winter And Stars. Oh my two-bit lute shoaring fluttering fuck

Jari Mäenpää, you magnificent bastard

ShaneB

Time I is indeed so damn awesome, but as the name suggests, it still just feels like half an album. I mean it's basically 3 tracks =/, hurry up Time II, I want the full package! From how long this has taken, I was expecting a full 80 minute Magnum Opus.

Greg

Slightly disappointed with Time I considering the wait and expectations, but it's still a great release. I'm not a huge fan the vocals even though they are much improved over the debut, and I think too much emphasis was placed on the orchestration even though it is fantastic.

Is the version we're hearing the final mix? Some of the samples are overpoweringly loud.
Yes. There was a 192 version that went around earlier in the day first, but there is a 320 from the promotional streams also out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom