• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
NPR First Listen stream of the new Pig Destroyer album

Maybe I'm just not in the mood for anything like this right now, but it didn't really do much for me after one listen (which I understand is not a good barometer). The guest vocals by Kat from Salome were a nice surprise, though.
There was this gleaming metalsucks-review for it some weeks ago, which got a lot of flak for fanboy bias, but man, I really have to agree with it. This is my favourite metal-album of the year, and it was a good year, especially for this kind of music.

Kat is now in Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Scott Hulls other band. The Misery Index dude is on it too.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber

jj-oh-god-yes.jpg

This is pretty damned awesome. After listening to the youtube I searched it up on MOG. I'm on my 3rd listen so far.

I bought it too and I'm really disappointed in the clipping. Does no one else notice this? I'm listening on a fairly decent pair of headphones and it's clipped to hell. Too bad because it seems like an album I'd love. But I almost can't tolerate this. Reminds me of the production on Death Magnetic! (which I simply cannot listen to)

I don't understand this. Do people not listen to their own music before distributing it? Why work so hard on something and then do this to it?

RHCP's Californication and Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy are examples of the same thing. Good music, terrible clipping. Makes me so mad.

This In the Silence is less guilty than the others I named but still.

sgjackson

NPR First Listen stream of the new Pig Destroyer album

Maybe I'm just not in the mood for anything like this right now, but it didn't really do much for me after one listen (which I understand is not a good barometer). The guest vocals by Kat from Salome were a nice surprise, though.

I feel you, I'm gonna need to come back to it when I'm in more of a FUCK YEAH GRIND mood I think. Even so, I liked it enough on the first spin that I'm excited to come back to it.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
UNF! I can't wait for the record release show this Friday! First time seeing them in many years
Jelly. They rarely ever come to central europe, not to mention Austria :(

The new Neurosis is a bloated piece of work. Not sure if I want to listen to it again soon...
:(

e_i

Nobody talking about the new My Dying Bride? I've listened to a little of it and sounds great. A Tapestry Scorned kicks butt.

sgjackson

I believe I am in the ranks of those who arent too happy with the Time I

I'm really digging it, but my first impression was "I love this but a large number of people are going to hate it." The shift from Jari's guitar riffing and awesome sweep-driven solos to the symphonic elements is what I assume is turning people off, but I'd love to hear what other people disliked about it.

Someone also mentioned Dordeduh's newest a few pages ago, I really liked it on the first spin and look forward to coming back to it.

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
Wintersun are streaming their new album! Dig it! Although it has yet to work. Damn you irony!

(8)We aaare the sons of winter and staaaaars, we've come from far beyond tiiimeeeee, forever the fire burns in our heaaarts, our wooorld shall never dieeeee (8)

Ok, enough, I was certainly expecting a far longer album, two crazy long songs are not what I was waiting for tbh, specially if we think about the 8 years they made us wait for this to be released.

I am not complaining... too much :p I just really wish I had more of this, such good stuff! Turisias, Ensiferum, TYR, vocalists singing for Wintersun = Success,.

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
I don't remember any exact date, but the wait for Time II should be fairly short.

I really hope so, because we will have to wait again a loooooong time to see the rising of the next album, and that was coming from Jari himself:
"I have so much new stuff already written, but I just can´t continue working with the same conditions I had to make these TIME albums. It really was a struggle! (Well I can, but it will take then again a really long time!)..."

So, let's keep fingers crossed and Time 2 will be out soon enough

Melchiah

I just learned recently that the past editor of Nordic Vision magazine, called Melankol X, is no other than Satyr himself. It must have been fun to interview himself during the late 90's, and to put his own album as the "album of the issue". Narcissism knows no bounds.

choodi

Banned
Nobody talking about the new My Dying Bride? I've listened to a little of it and sounds great. A Tapestry Scorned kicks butt.

Haven't heard it yet, but will be discussing it when I do.

Also, Nemesis Divina is one of the landmark black metal albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom