• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watevaman

I really like the fact that everything is remastered. Memories of a Time to Come was awesome with all its remasters. I'll definitely get this if I have the money to spare come early next year and it's still available.

RDreamer

Fellow Bards, help an American figure out how to preorder? It's on the Nuclear Blast shop, but only the European one... not the American one. American amazon doesn't have it either. I have no idea how to buy something with Euros and have it shipped to America, or if that is even possible.

It should be the same as ordering it anywhere else. You should be able to order through paypal or just with a credit card. I order stuff in Pounds and Euros all the time, and it's just like ordering from Amazon or whatever. They should ship it to America. I'd really doubt if they don't. Just register and go like you're going to buy it and look at their shipping options.

Kaladin

What I find hilarious is if you start typing in A Traveler's Guide To Space and Time at Amazon.com all you need to type in is "A Trav" and it will come up in the auto fill results.

Blackheim

Fellow Bards, help an American figure out how to preorder? It's on the Nuclear Blast shop, but only the European one... not the American one. American amazon doesn't have it either. I have no idea how to buy something with Euros and have it shipped to America, or if that is even possible.
It should be the same as ordering it anywhere else. You should be able to order through paypal or just with a credit card. I order stuff in Pounds and Euros all the time, and it's just like ordering from Amazon or whatever. They should ship it to America. I'd really doubt if they don't. Just register and go like you're going to buy it and look at their shipping options.

Yep, it's pretty easy, I ordered the mailorder edition of The Electric Age by Overkill from NB.de without any trouble. I think the only thing is you have to put in the amount of days you would wait for the order. In the event of a pre-order, just count the days between release and the day you place your order and then put that number in the dialog box. That will make sense if/when you place your order :p

I'm curious about what direction Carcass will go in with the new album.
Possibly a new Carcass. Interesting but I'll remain sceptical, both about the rumor and the album itself.

I've listened a bit more tp Dodecahedron. I'm not sure what to make of it. DSO ish black metal but not as good. It doesnt really grab me.

I've also listened to other albums you guys mwntioned on your 2012 lists. My favourites so far are Lord Mantis and Necrovation. Actually I kind of regret that I didnt listen to them more before I got that Dodecahedron album :(

I was surprised by the Necrovation album. It's very different from their first album, which is also good.

FACE

Banned
BLIND-GUARDIAN-Packshot-Box-3D.jpg

http://www.blind-guardian.com/2012/12/01/a-travelers-guide-to-space-and-time-coming-in-february-2013/

ibibLOBbW9q43p.gif

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Oh snap, I can fit in with this thread. Went to the Dethklok concert last night (Black Dahlia Murder, All That Remains, Machine Head, and Dethklok). Longest show I've ever been to, but oh my god was it so worth it. The amount of ache following the morning after could only mean one thing, that crowd was insane. I'm pretty sure I was thrown into the mosh pit at least 5 times. Got to love rock shows.

So recommend it if you can see them, they're still touring. Even though I can't hear through one ear right now, i'm blasting some Dethklok.

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
I just saw Nightwish last thursday, and for lord's sake, t was the Best show ever! They played songs they haven't played in some years, like The Siren and a new version of Wishmaster, which, I must say, it blew my mind! I was in front row and hot damn, Floor is amazing!! she fits perfectly with Nightwish music and they played like never before! The best gig I've been into this year, by far.

Just check for yourselves! Can't have enough of it!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I just saw Nightwish last thursday, and for lord's sake, t was the Best show ever! They played songs they haven't played in some years, like The Siren and a new version of Wishmaster, which, I must say, it blew my mind! I was in front row and hot damn, Floor is amazing!! she fits perfectly with Nightwish music and they played like never before! The best gig I've been into this year, by far.

Just check for yourselves! Can't have enough of it!

Were they really that good? They're coming back here in January and I've been a bit skeptical of the replacement singer.

And holy shitballs I just found out Eluveitie are coming here in May. I just had a joygasm

Blackheim

New Carcass album is happening.

Interview w/Jeff:
Please tell us the full recording lineup.

“Bill Steer (guitars), Jeff Walker (bass/vocals), Daniel Wilding (drums). For live we’ll obviously add another guitarist—we have someone in mind but we are not interested in a ‘name’ player.”

In a previous email correspondence, you mentioned that this record is a mix of all five Carcass LPs.

“It is and it isn’t—we’ve taken stylistic cues from all the albums because it’s in our blood, but it’s no rehash or mess of ideas. I think it sounds almost like the missing link between the third and forth albums but with some groove in there. I’ve jokingly christened some parts ‘Trad Blast’ and some ‘Death Sleaze’… don’t think for a minute this is just some nostalgic throwback album—we’re setting up another 17 years of ideas for other bands to copy and clean up on [laughs].”

Does that mean we’ll be hearing some death metal vocals out of Bill for the first time since Necroticism?

“Yes, already in the can. It’s more along the lines of how I envisioned him backing me up on Heartwork. That said, my own vocals have a hell of a lot more range than they did in the past solely down to the luxury of having time to record them—I did all the vox for Heartwork in two days and it shows! Also, (hopefully) Ken [Owen] will make an appearance—we just need to tidy a few loose ends before the mix.”

Why do this now over four years after the initial Carcass reunion?

“Good timing, eh? Twenty-five years we first recorded Reek of Putrefaction. The incentive was off Bill. I’d verbally expressed an interest in doing something but I needed Bill to have the desire and hunger again and that’s exactly what has happened. He recalled watching Dan Wilding play on tour with us in 2008 and something about him struck a chord and he wanted to work with him. There was something about him that kind of reminded him of Ken, on a personal level as much as his playing. We’ve done this recording firstly for ourselves—there’s no label backing even as you read this—in fact me and Bill have spent a small fortune out of our pocket to see this through—it’s more of an artistic/personal statement than anything.”

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
Were they really that good? They're coming back here in January and I've been a bit skeptical of the replacement singer.

They really are! I've known Floor Jansen's voice for years at this stage, because her first band "After Forever" as they were huge icons for me during the years when I was a goth, and her voice, to me, is one the most versatile ones in the scene, I totally recommend you to see them. Nightwish are back from the grave, she gives the band what they needed, the power to play old songs like Wishmaster, with that operatic voice but she can also sing those new songs from Imaginaerum.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Local radio station is airing new Therion album - Les Fleurs Du Mal. Interesting album, covers of French songs and chansons, Therion style :) You can find full album on Youtube.

Blackheim

Yeah, definitely looking forward to some new Carcass with a bit more hope now :p

Anyone else hear the new Flotsam song, Play Your Part? It's good stuff! If you liked their Cuatro and Drift albums, it should be right up your alley. New album should be out Dec. 20th I believe.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Yeah, definitely looking forward to some new Carcass with a bit more hope now :p

Anyone else hear the new Flotsam song, Play Your Part? It's good stuff! If you liked their Cuatro and Drift albums, it should be right up your alley. New album should be out Dec. 20th I believe.

I wouldnt mind Michael Amott guesting on some songs tho

Local radio station is airing new Therion album - Les Fleurs Du Mal. Interesting album, covers of French songs and chansons, Therion style :) You can find full album on Youtube.

I've been listening to it this past week. A few of the songs are duds (the Serge Gainsbourg cover in particular is pretty lame), but it's an interesting album. It's a similar deal to their last few albums- half of the album is skippable, with a handful of songs with addictive hooks and melodies.

Northlane, never heard of them. I'm a sucker for this sound, and this is legit and very tasty.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
My band was just confirmed for Obscene Extreme America in Mexico City this March. If any of you guys is coming, let me know and we'll do some sort of GAF get-together.

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
BLIND-GUARDIAN-Packshot-Box-3D.jpg

http://www.blind-guardian.com/2012/12/01/a-travelers-guide-to-space-and-time-coming-in-february-2013/

Hot Damn Bananas!
tumblr_lx4gg6Ftww1qb9h9jo1_400.gif

And I guess you can see if there is delivery to America? or perhaps as a friend from Europe to receive it and then send it to you?

Blackheim

And I guess you can see if there is delivery to America? or perhaps as a friend from Europe to receive it and then send it to you?

Haha, yes they deliver outside of Germany/Europe for the few of you who were wondering.
I'm not ordering it but, allow me to be of service :p

Go HERE. Select Preorder Now. On the right margin, click Shopping Basket. You'll see something like this:
capture3f1ruh.png

You'll have to register on the site at some point. Once you do, you see where it says, "Even if incomplete, I'd like to have delivery within [30] days"? As of today, you would put in at least 59 days if ordering today since it release Feb 1st. Tomorrow, 58 days. Friday next week, 50 days ... etc. Click To Checkpoint once you do and pay however you wish from the available methods :)

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
Haha, yes they deliver outside of Germany/Europe for the few of you who were wondering.
I'm not ordering it but, allow me to be of service :p

Go HERE. Select Preorder Now. On the right margin, click Shopping Basket. You'll see something like this:
capture3f1ruh.png

You'll have to register on the site at some point. Once you do, you see where it says, "Even if incomplete, I'd like to have delivery within [30] days"? As of today, you would put in at least 59 days if ordering today since it release Feb 1st. Tomorrow, 58 days. Friday next week, 50 days ... etc. Click To Checkpoint once you do and pay however you wish from the available methods :)

Wows, i am not surprised the delivery fee is that high, however is such a relief for those who want to order it outside Europe, I'd totally order it but yeah, I think I'll need those 103 euros for when my bf comes here to visit me xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom