• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was that movie where the two heshers take over the radio station?

Airheads?

220px-Airheads_film_poster.jpg

Vio-Lence

Banned
my favorite Death track and Masvidal solo ever. Masvidal has some crazy solos on the random Master album he did. Loved the Human remaster too. Didn't realize the insane amount of drum fills on that album since it was so muddy.

Sean Reinert drum cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FO7CLtlPyY
fucking unbelievable.

you know this link just sent me down the rabbit hole of youtube clips and ended up watching Richard Christy on a date with Krystal Steal.

my favorite Death track and Masvidal solo ever. Masvidal has some crazy solos on the random Master album he did. Loved the Human remaster too. Didn't realize the insane amount of drum fills on that album since it was so muddy.

Sean Reinert drum cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FO7CLtlPyY
fucking unbelievable.

Amazing video!

Maybe it's just my nostalgia googles but I am most fond of the Leprosy era of Death. Simple but super catchy and memorable riffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFIm08Y52Zg

Are the Death remasters worth it? Most of mine are the originals, except Symbolic.

definately Human. That needed the most remaster as the original was a bit muddy. Human is by far one of my favorite death metal albums and the remaster is a whole new experience. DiGiorgio's bass has a lot of punch and clarity to it, Reinert's drum fills and bass drum has a lot my kick and subtleties that wasn't heard on the first pressing. Definately worth it just for the Drum and Bass instrumentals alone!

The drums are too loud, but this is really cool.

Commie speed metal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58NyLDM-cm4

Ok, Kruiz is fucking brilliant. This blows my fucking mind. This makes me want to put on the biggest sunglasses or aviators, headbang and facepunch someone. I have to track this down now.

Nice to see another positive review to Vertikal. A lot of people are bashing the album and I think that it is a really great album.

As a Godflesh nut myself, I really need to listen to The Blood of Heroes, I had no idea such a record existed!

What is this Blood of Heroes? I'm a huge Godflesh nut as well and follow anything Justin Broadrick related, but dont know what Blood Of Heroes is.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I got the vinyl set of Bath and Leaving Your Body Map last year. Pretty awesome looking set. I ordered that back when it wasn't available on CD for a long while and there were no plans. The same label put it out on CD later, though, and I ended up picking those up, too.
I really wanted that vinyl set, but decided against it since I'm trying to buy less records these days. I still have the original release of the CDs, at least. I did get the Part the Second LP when that was released, though — had to have that one. One of my favorite bands ever.

I was just jokingly referring to the post about Rusay. But yeah, it's kind of true in my case too , almost no girls I know are into metal or good music in general, at least here in Amsterdam. Well, but you already knew that :)

sorry did not read that post^^
yeah. if it comforts you in any way it's not thaaat easy to find a guy with a decent taste in music either :p

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It is quite interesting if you are with someone that listen to totally different music and dislike anything heavy. Like in my case :p

just bought ticket for Eluveite/Sabaton concert in 9 days! \m/

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

Ravager61

King sucks. We talked a bit about him a few pages back. Hanneman wrote every good slayer song. All King does is attempt to fuck those awesome songs up with his solos.

I also doesnt help much he seems to be kind of a dick in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom