• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melchiah

Just went to see a couple of gigs on this weekend...

Black Feast
Absolutely awesome old Beherit worship, did get somewhat repetitive after a while, and I started wondering how long can they continue doing what they do. But I still loved their old sound.

Behexen
Great as always, although the sound was shitty. Far too much bass in the overall sound, and the backing vocals were mixed far too low. That being said, it was interesting to see their new female bassist perform onstage. Not that common in the genre.

Absu
The highlight of the evening. I, and all my friends, just loved Proscriptor's over the top speeches, and their playing was tight as hell. I have to say I've never been that big of a fan of trash metal, but they made it work so fucking well. It's just unbeliavable how he can play the drums while singing.

For example...
http://youtu.be/VLEYvjUyixc

Primordial
Not my cup of tea, and I must say I have a strong distaste for such crowd pleasing manners. We left the bar during their set.

And on a side note...
8Wi6cX5l.jpg

Melchiah

Yeah, I'm not into it either unless it's something coming spontaneously from the crowd, which does happen too.

Yep, it's fine a few times during the set, but if it happens in almost every song it starts to grow old very quickly. Like Gaahl's constant horn signs, and King's bass poses, during the past Gorgoroth gigs. Then again, I think every performer has his/her own habits, which they might not realize repeating.

Never see Septicflesh live then. Good god they slowed down and did it like 7 times.

Haha! In some twisted way, I kinda wish I had seen it.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I think we must've seen them on the same tour then. I enjoyed the music, but the "Show me your horns!" shit between every song (and sometimes during) was super annoying!

I went first and foremost to see Devin Townsend, but was mildly excited for Obscura (who killed it) and Septicflesh. I generally dig their last two albums but since I saw them I haven't listened to them at all lol.

The constant bang your fist / clap your hands stuff. I just can't stand it, especially if it goes overboard. The less the better, IMO.

Ahhh I see.

I love me some clapping and fist pumping. I only recall one instance of it driving me mad, and that was when Leaves' Eyes opened for Blind Guardian on their ATitM tour. That growling co-lead singer asked the crowd to clap at least 3 or 4 times per song and their fucking set lasted an hour. Guh.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm hoping and praying that NPR does a First Listen of the new Nails record this week. I need to hear this thing but I don't want to pirate it, damn it.

I'm hoping and praying that NPR does a First Listen of the new Nails record this week. I need to hear this thing but I don't want to pirate it, damn it.

I had a look yesterday, the total album is 17 minutes long... Does it even qualify as an album if it's that short? When is it coming out actually?

GAF, let us debate the best Iron Maiden album.

Going with this bad boy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZawuqVe8V1Q

What say you?

Maiden is one of the few bands where I'd rather just listen to a best of compilation. I just can't listen a full album of them.

Baroness, Kylesa and Mastodon are the new Sabbath, Led and Floyd of the 00's and 10's.

That's all.

I'm not a big fan of the classic bands, but really?

Looks like Helloween added two NA shows for the fall. I really, really hope they come to Il. I don't care where in Il, just somewhere so I can see them. Even WI or MI will do.

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
Saw Turisas last friday and hot dayum, it was amazing!!!! They were so fresh and passionate on stage. And got to meet them on Thursday night, they are all a bunch of gentlemen, very thankful with us for being there and for a show with 2500 mexican metalheads singing along with them! \m/

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Made a switch with my friend - he will go to Sabaton tomorrow (i still feel some effects from flu that i had last week) and i will go to Gamma Ray/ Helloween next monday :D

A ton of record stores are selling it already, and Southern Lord shipped out the vinyl a while back.

I haven't heard it yet either, though. Looking forward to it, but the new Baptists record "Bushcraft" is occupying that listening space right now. Great debut.

RayStorm

I'm torn between The Number of the Beast and Powerslave.

So am I! I should listen to both of them once the SC2:HOTS launch event is done. Especially Powerslave where I completely blank on the 4 middle tracks. Yet due to Powerslave (the song) being on it, it has to be in contention for my favorite Maiden record.

posted one thread on OT, but think I will get better feedback here

Where can I find this pedal: Dunlop DB-01 Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell at one store in Germany?

Anyone knows some german website or something?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm starting to explore Megadeth a bit. Rust in Peace is seriously blowing my mind right now. The intro's (!), solo's... Every song on this album kicks ass. Moving on to Peace Sells next. They're coming to Belgium in may, might consider going. Their live show any good?

When I listened to Hangar 18, the intro sounded really familiar. Apparently Arch Enemy really liked this song :)

FYC

Banned
I'm starting to explore Megadeth a bit. Rust in Peace is seriously blowing my mind right now. The intro's (!), solo's... Every song on this album kicks ass. Moving on to Peace Sells next. They're coming to Belgium in may, might consider going. Their live show any good?

When I listened to Hangar 18, the intro sounded really familiar. Apparently Arch Enemy really liked this song :)

I saw them play Rust In Peace in its entirety in 2010 or so, it was fantastic. You're in for a treat as long as Dave doesn't blame Obama for Sandy Hook or something.

Oh for the love of god, why did I scroll down to the comments. Quick everyone, listen to Benedictine Convulsions so we can forget about them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom