• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So I ctrl+f'ed a few pages for Kvelertak, nothing.

What the hell, the new album is so much fun. And I had high expectations, the debut was my AotY when it came out.

Kaladin

The Summer Slaughter 2013 lineup was just posted

599614_502962246408433_494654365_n.jpg

The majority of the comments hate it.

Ravager61

Wow. That lineup is... not for me.

The focus of that fest has changed a lot. It used to be mostly death metal oriented. I went to one of the first years when they had Decapitated, Goathwhore, Cattle Decapitation, and Necrophagist headlining and had a good time.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
The Summer Slaughter 2013 lineup was just posted

599614_502962246408433_494654365_n.jpg

The majority of the comments hate it.

I'd go for Periphery, Animals as Leaders, and The Ocean, and that'd be just dandy with me. Norma Jean and Dillinger aren't my cup of tea normally, but I'd check them out maybe.

I wanna see the smaller names.

Kaladin

I'd personally only go to SS for The Dillinger Escape Plan and Revocation.....but I'd prefer to see Revocation headline a show.

ShaneB

Been on a Megadeth kick again the past few days, and it's odd to think that my favourite track might just be Angry Again. I love the vocal melody in the chorus, and I absolutely love Dave's vibrato.

Been on a Megadeth kick again the past few days, and it's odd to think that my favourite track might just be Angry Again. I love the vocal melody in the chorus, and I absolutely love Dave's vibrato.

one of my favorite songs by them actually. Simple and catchy AND was in the movie Last Action Hero :)

FYC

Banned

I'm also fond of 99 Ways To Die. In high school during a shootout scene in a short movie we made for film class I put that in the background, it was awesome.

Autopsy - Pagan Saviour

Severed Survival and Mental Funeral rule so much.

Gaspode_T

Man I used to blast Angry Again on the freaking movie soundtrack cassette tape back in the day when I was a kid (old geezer now obviously) - I think I still have it in a box somewhere with my other old tapes. Megadeth new CD is coming soon right? I forgive Dave for his political craziness, he lives in Arizona and it rubs off on you there

I went to the Opeth show in Tokyo last night - the second time they have been around on the Heritage tour, amazing set list and probably one of the best concerts I have seen in years. I can't believe how much better they were than when I saw them on the first leg of the tour. Wish they had brought Katatonia along with them but oh well.

Oh and Thrash Domination 2013 with Death Angel/Destruction/Testament was amazing - Death Angel and Destruction from basically front row! I was dying so I retreated from the front for Testament and watched from the middle. Man...it was so awesome

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
So I ctrl+f'ed a few pages for Kvelertak, nothing.

What the hell, the new album is so much fun. And I had high expectations, the debut was my AotY when it came out.

I've been pretty excited for this release. I just got the cd from Amazon and I put it into my computer. The music on it is by Sam Amidon, the album is Bright Sunny South. What in the blue hell. The packaging and everything is fine, even the print on the CD is for Meir and everything. They just put the wrong music on it. I'm still confused. I guess I'll try support and get a new copy that is right...unless they're all fucked up.

Kaladin

I've been pretty excited for this release. I just got the cd from Amazon and I put it into my computer. The music on it is by Sam Amidon, the album is Bright Sunny South. What in the blue hell. The packaging and everything is fine, even the print on the CD is for Meir and everything. They just put the wrong music on it. I'm still confused. I guess I'll try support and get a new copy that is right...unless they're all fucked up.

Did you actually listen to the music? iTunes can be funky in recognizing cds sometimes. It doesn't happen as often as it used to, but it still happens.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Yes I did, it's literally a different album called Bright Sunny South which, according to google, isn't out until May 13th.

I also found this post from someone who got the same thing. It's weird and hilarious. Amazon gave me a refund and I ordered it again, not sure if it'll be right this time.

At least I got that exclusive listen on this new Sam Amidon joint. The folkheads out there must be pretty jealous.

Quackula

Then you will love this

Murder Squad "Unsane, Insane and Mentally Deranged"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N03EPpHknZQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4pkhR9UX88

One of my favorite metal records (I think I already posted about it a long time ago, though)

oh my god this is fantastic

yes Murder Squad rules, basically Dismember doing Autopsy. I love this shit. Death metal is supposed to be fucking dirty and ugly sounding.

Other cool Autopsy worship bands:

Morbus Chron
Mausoleum

This stuff is awesome too!

There are some rumors that David Parland (Necrophobic, Dork Funeral) has died :(
Wasn't a fan of Dark Funeral, but Necrophobic was some classic shit.

541266_581281111896451_355960143_n.jpg

Kaladin

Yes I did, it's literally a different album called Bright Sunny South which, according to google, isn't out until May 13th.

I also found this post from someone who got the same thing. It's weird and hilarious. Amazon gave me a refund and I ordered it again, not sure if it'll be right this time.

At least I got that exclusive listen on this new Sam Amidon joint. The folkheads out there must be pretty jealous.

That is weird, sounds like someone fucked up at the cd manufacturing plant.

Might have been listening to Kvelertak while doing it.

Kaladin

Here is a full show from Corrections House:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M1qXrJiGyk

Mike IX Williams (Eyehategod)
Scott Kelly (Neurosis)
Bruce Lamont (Yakuza)
Sanford Parker

The intro portion is a bit long.

I think about ten minutes actually.

Edit: This is a bit weird....good weird, but weird.

Ok, I get it now, the hour long set is broken into four parts.

Experimental w/ Parker/Lamont/Kelly -> Spoken Word w/ Mike IX Williams -> Scott Kelly acoustic -> full band

blahness

Here is a full show from Corrections House:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M1qXrJiGyk

Mike IX Williams (Eyehategod)
Scott Kelly (Neurosis)
Bruce Lamont (Yakuza)
Sanford Parker

The intro portion is a bit long.

I think about ten minutes actually.

Edit: This is a bit weird....good weird, but weird.

Ok, I get it now, the hour long set is broken into four parts.

Experimental w/ Parker/Lamont/Kelly -> Spoken Word w/ Mike IX Williams -> Scott Kelly acoustic -> full band

Saw this in DC and enjoyed it. It is neat to see that the spoken word portion of it by Mike is not the same as it was when I saw it. They also have pre-orders for the first 7" signed w/digital download. http://warcrimerecordings.bandcamp.com/

obin_gam

Tickets aquired to Entombed playing together with a symphony orchestra on april 12th :D
Rumours are they are going to play the entire Clandestine album.

I'm taking my brother as well, this will be his first metal concert ever and I am seriously jelous of him for that.

Anyone else listened to the new Cathedral? The Last Spire. It's bleak as all hell and really uncompromising. There are a few moments of innocent beauty here and there, which makes it even more bizarre. This will take some time to sink in, I love it! I ordered it on vinyl, in transparent blue double LP, wohooo! Those should kind of match the cold cover art (Arik Roper, btw.) and the Dave Patchett painting in the gatefold!

37784.jpg

cath2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom