• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how Spotify is recommending me the Super Collider commentary album, not even the real album. Its just that bad.

Also, do the new Children Of Bodom pics remind anyone else of Christmas lol

Blackheim

Dave can't help himself. Senility has set in and there's no going back no matter how much he says otherwise :p My love for Megadeth ends at Rust In Peace so he doesn't get any more of my money.

BTW, the new Outrage album, 'Outraged' is great!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
You know..i started the whole Cocaine Mustane thing ..but now It just feels like a cheap shot. I wish David Mustaine all the best.

Kaladin

Fuck, someone give me $99.

946712_590189271014842_817427492_n.jpg

ManeKast

New Children of Bodom out in Australia today, I cranked it at 5am driving to the surf. Seems like a return to form (I liked the last 3 or 4 albums but not as much as "Follow the Reaper", "Hatebreeder" and even "Hate Crew Deathroll").

Some shredding riffs in there, signature Bodom synth/keyboard sounds, hat hits and an overall darker more consistent sound. Only had one listen so far but loved it. See how it holds up to repeated listens tonight over a few beers. Want on vinyl already.

ShaneB

New Children of Bodom out in Australia today, I cranked it at 5am driving to the surf. Seems like a return to form (I liked the last 3 or 4 albums but not as much as "Follow the Reaper", "Hatebreeder" and even "Hate Crew Deathroll").

Some shredding riffs in there, signature Bodom synth/keyboard sounds, hat hits and an overall darker more consistent sound. Only had one listen so far but loved it. See how it holds up to repeated listens tonight over a few beers. Want on vinyl already.

This sounds like a solid recommendation to me, I'll make sure to check it out asap.

Aggrotek

Fuck, someone give me $99.

946712_590189271014842_817427492_n.jpg

Fuck that is nice...

Ok so funny story. I work in a grocery store as a cashier/front desk worker. This guy comes in about once a week and wears some pretty awesome band tees and I always comment on them. So he comes in last week and I'm like "Who's the band this time?" He tells me its his band and I'm ok this is cool. I ask him what he does for the band and he tells me he is the vocalist. I go on to tell him that I've always wanted to learn how to do death metal vocals and all this other stuff, ask him if his band is signed on a label and all that.

I get home and look up his band and the dude is Nathan Ellis from Daylight Dies. A band out of Asheville NC. I felt like a fucking idiot. I looked up their stuff and they are actually fucking good. Can't wait to see him again and tell him I enjoy his stuff. Totally gunna buy his album too.

So yea that is one of my more embarrassing moments...

i'm just stunned Phil Anselmo is still alive.

otherwise, yeah, i'm with Morrigan.

If you like metal and think this lineup is awful, then I feel sorry for you. Unless you dislike a large amount of quality bands/multiple styles, I fail to see what's so bad.

Seems most of metalgaf doesn't like that style of metal?? That's a great lineup!

Let's try to keep things into perspective. So far three (including FACE) have reacted negatively.

Aggrotek

If you like metal and think this lineup is awful, then I feel sorry for you. Unless you dislike a large amount of quality bands/multiple styles, I fail to see what's so bad.

Let's try to keep things into perspective. So far three (including FACE) have reacted negatively.

Make that 4. I wouldn't go either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom