• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, it goes beyond that line-up.

that sentence is the epitome of why most people tend to dislike Opeth fans, it's such a cuntish, dipshit, disrespectful thing to say that it blows my mind. disgusting "you don't like what i like so what you like blows" mantra.

we could fill a 50 posts page with dancing gifs that it wouldn't even come close to that.

fuck, i didn't even mind Opeth fans before but know i see why, and support, FACE's agressiveness towards them.

Oh boo hoo. I never implied that what you like blows (fyi I think you like power/speed metal, I don't, at all). Read my entire post and check the lineup again. Is that an awful line-up? Of course you have your preferences and that's fine. But it seems to me you have to dislike quite some bands/styles if you don't see anything of value. Hell I even think you'd appreciate Pallbearer for example.
As for, I wouldn't go to it. My main interest would be Repulsion and Pig Destroyer, everything up to Pallbearer (well not Whitechapel) would be nice to see.

And your little "lol Opeth fans are stupid amirite" is also totally irrelevant. You're just raging at a group that doesn't exist here.
June 11th, Day of Metal

Black Sabbath - 13
The Black Dahlia Murder - Everblack
Children Of Bodom - Halo of Blood
Evile - Skull
Scale The Summit - Migration
Power Trip - Manifest Decimation
Deafheaven - Sunbather
Summoning - Old Morning's Dawn
Septic Flesh - Esoptron

I'm probably missing some stuff but....fuck.

That Septic Flesh release is a rerelease. Hope noone got too excited reading this and then getting disappointed.

Edit: Well let's post some music. Recently a nearby record store went bottoms up, so I grabbed some black metal for cheap.

Sacramentum - After the Sun
So I recognised the cover, but never heard anything from them. Dissection-ish melodic black metal, it's pretty neat http://youtu.be/W1YXIdfwX9U

Melechesh - Sphynx
Middle-eastern black/folk metal, I quite like them. http://youtu.be/93iYOGX2Cks

Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Skye
No commentary needed http://youtu.be/kAajs4oMbpg

fallout

That Septic Flesh release is a rerelease. Hope noone got too excited reading this and then getting disappointed.
I knew it was a rerelease, but it made me think about how much I want a followup to The Great Mass. It's still one of my favourite albums of the past couple years.

Edit: Well let's post some music. Recently a nearby record store went bottoms up, so I grabbed some black metal for cheap.

Sacramentum - After the Sun
So I recognised the cover, but never heard anything from them. Dissection-ish melodic black metal, it's pretty neat http://youtu.be/W1YXIdfwX9U

Love that Sacramentum album. One of the better Dissection clone bands.

On that same note: Dawn - The Knell and the World

Lately, been listening to all Martin Van Drunen related stuff. Especially Hail of Bullets for maximum headbanging. One of the best and consistent vocalist out of the European death metal scene imo.
Hail of Bullets - Advancing Once More (Live)
Pestilence - Out Of The Body

998376_10151654029833896_1055955151_n.jpg

LOL

More here http://www.metalinjection.net/aroun...uggah-and-morgan-agren-absolutely-made-my-day

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Pitchfork is streaming one of the two High On Fire live albums coming out next week:

Spitting Fire Volume 2:
http://pitchfork.com/advance/140-spitting-fire/

It's High On Fire dammit.

Badass, the sound quality is pretty good.

Saw Mastodon live monday (second time for me). They're still playing a lot of The Hunter, and some of the songs just don't have the kick to hold up live or get a good reaction from the crowd. For me the only Hunter song that can stand the test of time live is Spectrelight. Others are okay to tame. Their encores were Blood & Thunder followed by The Sparrow, pretty big contrast. I just go nuts over the other stuff, like Fire Ants followed by Iron Tusk. That übercombo set the crowd on fire. Not many songs of The Hunter can do that.

Troy
Brent
Bill
Brann

RDreamer

Completely forgot about the new Children of Bodom until you guys mentioned it. Listening now and it is rather good. It feels like a bit of a return to Follow the Reaper.

obin_gam

Final album cover for Watains "The Wild Hunt"
So. Gorgeous.
9foVExl.jpg

And tracklisting:
1. Night Vision
2. De Profundis
3. Black Flames March
4. All That May Bleed
5. The Child Must Die
6. They Rode On
7. Sleepless Evil
8. The Wild Hunt
9. Outlaw
10. Ignem Veni Mittere
11. Holocaust Dawn

This wait is seriously very difficult to endure :/

Kaladin

This is fucking awesome, and I can't wait to see what these guys do once they grow even more into their immense talent.

Yeah, there are good things happening in thrash right now, I feel like these guys and Power Trip will have a long career in front of them.

I don't see Metal Gaf talking about Gwar much....so what are your opinions on Gwar?

It is generally accepted that GWAR exists as a top notch live performer and no one cares for their studio albums.

I tried to get them in my radio station once, but they all wouldnt fit inside with their costumes on, haha.

Anyways, GWAR is fun to see at least once. Always wear a white shirt to their shows.

Psh, I love GWAR and their albums (minus We Kill Everything, Ragnarok & Carnival Of Chaos). Been into them since '90, fun band.

Speaking of Thrash, let's see here:

Sample of new Toxik material: Here

New Whiplash song: Here

Couple of older songs:

Arachnid - Near Dark

Chemical Annihilation - Nuclear Proliferation

I had no idea Toxik reunited. Guitar wankery sounds nuts, at least the trademark Toxik riff are there.
That Chemical Annihilation sounds cool, i'd have to find out more about them.

Now i wish Atrophy would reunite, i miss that tight killer riffing.
Atrophy - Puppies And Friends

Fuck, I want to buy an Isis album but I can't decide which one. Since Panopticon seems to be out of print it's a choice between Oceanic and Wavering Radiant, but I change opinion every day...

well I'm not requesting opinions on which one is better since I know that oceanic obviosly would get more support. It's just that I'm frustated that I haven't the money to get both right now.

I've been listening to the Necropsy compilation that came out recently.

Their first 2 demos are nothing special but the rest of the material is good, with Go All The Way of The Flesh and Promo 1993 being my favorites so far.

The sound is surprisingly good, the guy who remastered this did a good job. Even their first demo that they recorded when they were 14 sounds pretty good.

Garden of Rotting
Martyrdom

Worth picking up if you're into trashy death metal.

So yeah, the new Children of Bodom really is pretty decent. Shout out to Metal-GAF for the heads up, because I never would have checked it out otherwise. That band has disappointed me for so long, I'm impressed that they pulled this one out.

The new Sabbath, on the other hand, is a bore thus far. Some solid Iommi riffs, but it's just dull as I finish my first play through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom