• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited about the new Sepultura album. The last few have been pretty good. Their new drummer is very good and I think he will bring a lot to this album.

Kaladin

This is what being in one of the most popular metal bands in the world gets you:

File-photo-of-Jessica-Miller-and-Lars-Ulrich-604x906.jpg

http://www.metalinjection.net/gossip/lars-ulrich-gets-engaged

I think this needs a DEAL WITH IT caption.

Melchiah

I love the massive, dirty sound on that album. Perfectly suited for doom and sludge.

Yeah, too clean sound would be a disservice to the that kind of material. I wonder how their upcoming material will sound in comparison, and I have to say I'm a bit sceptical whether it'll be capable of reaching the same level.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Damn, got fired today (you work your ass off and your boss degrade you for award? Well, he did not expected such fearsome resistance...) and i need some extreme shit to ease my anger right now.

Coins

Banned
Thanks for the replies! Some of the suggestions sound good. I will check it out on spotify when im out delivering mail next week more. Listened to Far Beyond Driven all day, today. What a fucking badass album. I love Dimebags tone in it.

So I'm going to Heavy MTL next month. First time at a metal concert...any advice?

bring earplugs

i saw Rainbow in '95 in Palto Alto, CA and made the mistake of not wearing earplugs(was 13 at the time, first concert). Was in front row and messed up ears big time. Worn them ever since.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So I'm going to Heavy MTL next month. First time at a metal concert...any advice?
My advice: don't go to Heavy MTL and go to Wings of Metal instead.

Bring sunscreen indeed, since it's outside. Don't try to mosh if there aren't already people moshing. Uh, don't be an obnoxious drunk and douchebag, I guess? xD

Mush

I've waited 5 years for new the Misery Signals album, and it does not disappoint.

If you kids don't like core, this is sure to change your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom