• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

are phones out a big thing at metal shows now? it's been years since I've been to a show and I was thinking about going to see Ghost but if my views gonna be blocked by phones I might as well stay home...

Not that bad. You've got to remember, this was the comic con crowd getting into this show also so they're not all typical Metallica fans I think.

IU25ojj.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzogZIrt7RQ

What a nice sunday I'm having! :)

So speaking of vinyl (were we speaking of vinyl?), any other vinyl nerds in here that want to show off their metal collections?

These are most of the black metal albums I own right now. I might take some pics of the rest of my metal albums at some point

The unlabeled one is Agalloch - Faustian Echoes

I am in the process of bringing my vinyl collection from Spain to Amsterdam so I just have very few vinyls here to show (and not that many are metal).

You have a pretty nice BM collection, I don't have that many :/

So speaking of vinyl (were we speaking of vinyl?), any other vinyl nerds in here that want to show off their metal collections?

These are most of the black metal albums I own right now. I might take some pics of the rest of my metal albums at some point

Badass. I want the Immortal, Bathory, and Darkthrone ones.
Someone in this thread has the most kvlt vinyl collection with Order From Chaos/Revenge/Conqueror stuff.

Here's some of my stuff. I have way tons more, but these are my most prized possessions. All first pressing originals from the late 80's/early 90's. There was a period where I was trying to collect all early Earache Records stuff.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
When I saw Morbid Angel's vinyls this morning I blasted Altars of Madness all the way to work (i did not quit, but they will not extend my contract at the end of August).

Ravager61

I am in the process of bringing my vinyl collection from Spain to Amsterdam so I just have very few vinyls here to show (and not that many are metal).

You have a pretty nice BM collection, I don't have that many :/

Thanks. Take some pics of your collection when you get it all with you. I love seeing what other people have.

Someone in this thread has the most kvlt vinyl collection with Order From Chaos/Revenge/Conqueror stuff.

Here's some of my stuff. I have way tons more, but these are my most prized possessions. All first pressing originals from the late 80's/early 90's. There was a period where I was trying to collect all early Earache Records stuff.

Nice stuff man. A lot of mine aren't original pressings although, I wish they were. I like feeling like I own a piece of metal history with those classic albums when I have the originals. Maybe it's time to finally just track down a copy of Altars of Madness.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
New song from A Storm of Light:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScYMdLAzGFY

I really, really liked their first album (and the split LP with Nadja), but thought the next two were boring as hell. This sounds a bit more promising. I'll at least say that they do seem to reinvent themselves a bit on every record.

pablito

i just started a vinyl collection this past month and a half. my gf jump started me with a starter turntable (audio techica something or other) and hades archer - for the diabolical ages.

my gf literally bought me a hades archer vinyl record. best. gf. ever.

also bought godflesh - streetcleaner, splatter vinyl
jesu - jesu, brown vinyl
nails - abandon all life

and a collection of non metal stuff too. i'll have pics up soon hopefully, but in the vinyl thread.

New song from A Storm of Light:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScYMdLAzGFY

I really, really liked their first album (and the split LP with Nadja), but thought the next two were boring as hell. This sounds a bit more promising. I'll at least say that they do seem to reinvent themselves a bit on every record.

I saw them as one of the support bands for Sleep. Their mastermind had a certain aura to him, for sure. Sadly they sounded really muddy...It's hypnotic stuff but with less than perfect sound it all was one soup of noise.

Ravager61

i just started a vinyl collection this past month and a half. my gf jump started me with a starter turntable (audio techica something or other) and hades archer - for the diabolical ages.

my gf literally bought me a hades archer vinyl record. best. gf. ever.

also bought godflesh - streetcleaner, splatter vinyl
jesu - jesu, brown vinyl
nails - abandon all life

and a collection of non metal stuff too. i'll have pics up soon hopefully, but in the vinyl thread.

It's an addiction for sure. I typically buy around 1-2 vinyls a week.

If you are looking for a good place to buy metal stuff online, I highly recommend Hell's Headbangers. I buy tons of stuff from them because they have a great selection and they are always fast and well packaged.

pablito

It's an addiction for sure. I typically buy around 1-2 vinyls a week.

If you are looking for a good place to buy metal stuff online, I highly recommend Hell's Headbangers. I buy tons of stuff from them because they have a great selection and they are always fast and well packaged.

thanks for the tip. and yeah my gf told me that she didn't buy me a gift, she gave me an addiction lol. i'm pretty much keeping a discogs tab open and refresh it at all times, hoping i get messages about my wishlist. i would be buying multiple records each week, but i'm getting all my must haves out of the way first, and most of them are pretty pricey. dopethrone being 160 bucks on discogs, for example. i feel like i should save a ton of money meant solely for the purpose of buying the really expensive ones. seems like i'll feel less guilty that way, and it'll fool me into feeling like it's an accomplishment lol.

brinstar

Man, this right here. This is the stuff that got me into punk and metal. Which Carcass release is the one with Bill, Ken and Jeff on the record like that? Necroticism?

Ravager61

So I guess Morbid Angel are going on tour this fall and playing Covenant in it's entirety. Covenant is far from my favorite MA release but at least they will be playing classic stuff. Pretty stoked because I have never seen them live before.

edit: dates
11/7 Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
11/8 Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall
11/9 Baltimore, MD @ – Baltimore Soundstage
11/10 Cambridge, MA @ Middle East Nightclub
11/12 New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
11/13 Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of the Living Arts
11/16 Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's Downunder
11/17 Chicago, IL @ House Of Blues
11/18 Minneapolis, MN @ Mill City Nights
11/19 Sauget, IL @ Pops
11/20 Lawrence, KS @ Granada
11/22 Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater
11/25 Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
11/26 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater
11/27 San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
11/29 Los Angeles, CA @ Henry Fonda Theatre
11/30 Phoenix, AZ @ Joe's Grotto
12/1 Albuquerque, NM @ Dec 1 @ Sunshine Theater
12/2 El Paso, TX @ Dec 2 @ Tricky Falls
12/3 Austin, TX @ Dec 3 @ Red 7
12/4 Houston, TX @ Dec 4 @ Warehouse Live
12/6 Orlando, FL @ Beacham Theater
12/7 Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
New TÝR, the first song that was released was "Blood of Heroes" and the album is called "Valkyrja" first album they release with Metal Blade after they got a contract with them. My mind is blown, great Art, sick sound, and I think George Kollias did a great job in the drums and Heri's vocals are always better and better with each album.

Can't wait to listen the whole album, which will be out in September 17th.

Check it out, folks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLy8LfIp6j3aKnbacG4J5Fu7nMYxRulrdM&v=aONcdN0Weiw

Tyr-Valkyrja.jpg

http://www.metalblade.com/tyr/

Man, this right here. This is the stuff that got me into punk and metal. Which Carcass release is the one with Bill, Ken and Jeff on the record like that? Necroticism?

Symphonies of Sickness picture disc. I can't find my Symphonies of Sickness gatefold, but I do have the original CD's and cassettes that I cherish just as much.

brinstar

Symphonies of Sickness picture disc. I can't find my Symphonies of Sickness gatefold, but I do have the original CD's and cassettes that I cherish just as much.

Niceee, man I am so envious of your Earache stuff! Were you able to see those bands on the grindcrusher tour?

Niceee, man I am so envious of your Earache stuff! Were you able to see those bands on the grindcrusher tour?

I had just missed the Grindcrusher tour. I was lucky enough to grab a few remaining Grindcrusher tour shirts from Napalm Death, Bolt Thrower, and Morbid Angel during their next tour though.

Ravager61

HELLS HEADBANGERS - Compilation Vol. 6 (free)

X9np4RH.png

Sweet, 20 track album featuring a ton of different indie metal bands. I think. Well whatever Bandcamp is beginning to rule.

Gonna post this in the indie music thread too, shit rules

Edit: Acid Witch - The Black Witch (off this album)

fuck yeaaaaaaahhh

I actually just pimped Hell's Headbangers a few posts back. That is indeed a pretty good comp. Acid Witch are awesome too. I have their newest album Stoned and I absolutely love it.

lmpaler

New TÝR, the first song that was released was "Blood of Heroes" and the album is called "Valkyrja" first album they release with Metal Blade after they got a contract with them. My mind is blown, great Art, sick sound, and I think George Kollias did a great job in the drums and Heri's vocals are always better and better with each album.

Check it out, folks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLy8LfIp6j3aKnbacG4J5Fu7nMYxRulrdM&v=aONcdN0Weiw

Tyr-Valkyrja.jpg

http://www.metalblade.com/tyr/

Fuck yeah. TYR kicks some ass.

Threw on some Nevermore today, man I miss that band.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

Check it out, folks:

sogood.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom