• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daigoro

well i did a search and didnt find it, so i figured i post about this band i just heard for the first time today.

ive ony watched 2 of their videos so far, and i think i love it.

Behold: Goblin Cock

http://www.myspace.com/goblincock

(this is NOT a joke band goddammit!) :lol

really, its awesome, check it.

Sandman42

You know, I've never been a big Judas Priest fan, but Defenders of the Faith is fucking awesome.

Rock Hard Ride Free is so damn catchy.

Sandman42

Hey guys,

To get this thread going again I think it would be a good idea for everyone to recommend something that you're into at the moment.

My current interest:

Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine
51izpGnh-RL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

This is great stuff for fans of progressive metal and Slough Feg.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
f7651

Right off the bat, you can tell you're in for one hell of an album. New Zealand's Ulcerate puts out a new album that's genre-bending and both aesthetically and musically proficient. Great atmosphere, amazing dissonant and technical riffs, this album combines some of the best in modern/3rd wave black metal and modern sludge. Comparisons inevitably point back to Australia's Portal, but I'm enjoying this album way more than I have both of Portal's release, though fans should have no problem enjoying this album.

This album is surely to be on my top 10 of 2009. Get it NOW.

yacobod said:
driving 2-3 hours south to Indianapolis on Monday night to see Judas Priest open their US Tour at the Murat Egyptian Room, never seen priest before, and seeing them at a 1500-2000 seat arena is going to be awesome

Awesome, how was it? I'm going to Jersey this Saturday to see them for my 4th time overall, can't wait. I love British Steel, one of my favorite albums of all time, so this concert should be classic. Not so excited about sitting through two opening bands though.

Esch

Banned
Phobophile said:
f7651

Right off the bat, you can tell you're in for one hell of an album. New Zealand's Ulcerate puts out a new album that's genre-bending and both aesthetically and musically proficient. Great atmosphere, amazing dissonant and technical riffs, this album combines some of the best in modern/3rd wave black metal and modern sludge. Comparisons inevitably point back to Australia's Portal, but I'm enjoying this album way more than I have both of Portal's release, though fans should have no problem enjoying this album.

Good call. Excellent stuff.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Phobophile said:

I actually bought a copy of this a few weeks ago but still haven't gotten around to listening to it. I have a huge backlog of stuff to listen to right now, but I'll get around to it soon.

Sandman42

EschatonDX said:
To be honest, everything is fire reminds me of... a less technical Obscura if anything.
I was actually going to say that it reminded me of Gorguts too. Obviously nothing can top the technicality of Obscura, but it has a very similar style.

Phobophile

EschatonDX said:
To be honest, everything is fire reminds me of... a less technical Obscura if anything.
Yeah every one has either compared it to Gorguts or Portal.

I don't find either to be anything more than boring. Although, I'd say the new Ulcerate is a more experimental Immolation with sludge and BM influences. The technicality isn't blatant and in-your-face, like Gorguts, but only there by virtue of them being a modern death metal band (all of these guys end up sounding a bit techy, like Emeth, for example) with the black metal sounding dissonance.

I know I'm in the minority when I say that there's more to this album than a Gorguts or Portal clone but maybe that's because this album has made me want to listen to it more than once.

Technical death metal isn't my thing anymore; it's too damn wanky and the modern version of 80s and 90s shred and can't hold my interest very much. So when I laud this album, I do it sincerely. It's gonna be in my top 10.

Also, the new Gorod is also awesome. I didn't like Neurotripsick and Leading Vision so this one came to a surprise when I enjoyed it so much. It's funny; fans of the first two didn't like this one so much. They hated what I liked about it.

Phobophile said:

If it sounds anything like Portal's 2007 Outre; i'll be sure to check this out.

Ravager61 said:
Heres a few albums you might enjoy. I tried to make the list diverse but they all have ambient/atmospheric elements.

Weakling - Dead As Dreams
Summoning - Stronghold
Lurker of Chalice - Lurker of Chalice
Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta I
Krallice - Krallice
Summoning were and still are one of my favourite black metal artists; so i already checked out most of their releases. And i had that Weakling album for quite some time.

That said; i checked out the other 3. I think Krallice was pretty much what i was looking for in the genre; as it is a refreshing change with the post rock influence than the tired death metal influences/1993 imitation sound. I can imagine how much hate the release would've gotten from black metal purists though.

Flynn said:
Did nobody mention Wolves in the Throne Room?

And yeah, that Weakling record is amazing.
Gave WitTR a good dedication of time with their Diadem of 12 Stars debut when it was released. I should get back to them and check out their new release

sub_zer0 said:
If it sounds anything like Portal's 2007 Outre; i'll be sure to check this out.

Summoning were and still are one of my favourite black metal artists; so i already checked out most of their releases. And i had that Weakling album for quite some time.

That said; i checked out the other 3. I think Krallice was pretty much what i was looking for in the genre; as it is a refreshing change with the post rock influence than the tired death metal influences/1993 imitation sound. I can imagine how much hate the release would've gotten from black metal purists though.

Gave WitTR a good dedication of time with their Diadem of 12 Stars debut when it was released. I should get back to them and check out their new release

Altar Of Plagues are another great black metal band with post-rock influences, you should check out their album White Tomb, it's probably going to be one of my albums of the year.

duffey

Phobophile said:

Yeah it's going to be on my list too, probably at the top unless Diablo Swing Orchestra and/or Behemoth can top it (and judging by the song Behemoth posted, it might). Something about the atmosphere of that album is very unsettling/nihilistic and I'm a huge fan of that and it's not something I hear much of anymore. I dunno if I agree with it sounding anything like black metal but maybe that's just me.

Since I'm here, two albums I've been listening to a lot lately:

Sun of the Blind - Skullreader. If you like Darkspace you'd love the hell out of this album. It's the sideproject of one of the members of Darkspace and it's got a similar sound but a little less dissonance so it's possible to hear individual instruments. Highly worthwhile.

Anaal Nathrakh - In the Constellation of the Black Widow. This album is harsh as fuck. One thing that I've missed over the past few AN releases has been corrected here and I'm not sure if it's the production job or not but everything is really heavy and it hits you like a ton of bricks from beginning to end. So awesome.

Phobophile

NameGenerated said:
He wrote a bunch of new songs, supposedly like his earlier work.
I'm hoping he re-records the ambient albums he recorded in jail. They were supposed to be with guitars and real instruments but the prison only allowed him that Casio keyboard.

Phobophile

Ravager61 said:
So... I'm going to see Sunn O))) tomorrow. Anyone here seen them before? I'm pretty excited.
Yeah I saw Sunn 0))) and Boris in 2005, right after Black One came out. Yeah expect like 60 minutes of the drone equivalent of a jam band wanking on stage and not playing any studio songs.

Ravager61

Phobophile said:
Yeah I saw Sunn 0))) and Boris in 2005, right after Black One came out. Yeah expect like 60 minutes of the drone equivalent of a jam band wanking on stage and not playing any studio songs.

That kinda sucks. Did they have a vocalist when you saw them? I think Attila is touring with them.

I saw them on the Boris/Sunn0))) tour with Attila on vocals. If its anything like my show; make sure you bring a pair of ear-plugs.

But Phobophile is rather spot on. Unless youre a hardcore drone fan; its an hour of onstage drone wank
Being hit by these waves of sound was a rather interesting experience though

Phobophile

Ravager61 said:
That kinda sucks. Did they have a vocalist when you saw them? I think Attila is touring with them.
Nope. During that tour they had Wrest from Leviathan or Malefic from Xasthur on vox, since both were on Black One, but they didn't show for the Chicago show. They did have Takeshi from Boris jam on stage, though.

NameGenerated said:
He wrote a bunch of new songs, supposedly like his earlier work.

check out Isengard. Fenriz's (Darkthrone) side project between '89-mid 90's. Very Bathory/Celtic Frost/Burzum-like sounding.

Flynn

sub_zer0 said:
Being hit by these waves of sound was a rather interesting experience though

That's what I was going to come in here to say. I found the experience to be kind of trippy. The way the place was lit everything was pitch black behind the stage. Like the amps were set up on the edge of an abyss. The overwhelming drone had a kind of physical effect on me. I kinda dug the experience. It was like going into the opposite of a sensory deprivation chamber. What it wasn't like was a metal show. Boris did play a full set before hand. So its not like I went home wanting.

Ceres

Banned
Not sure if you've guys heard but Midnight (ex-Crimson Glory singer) passed away early this morning due to kidney and liver failure at the age of 47.

The guy was out of his mind but it always sucks when someone dies still relatively young.

Ceres

Banned
Arjen Lucassen's new band Guilt Machine now has samples up on myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/guiltmachine

Also Ascendance Records has a new track up from Diablo Swing Orchestra (along with Whyzdom).

http://www.myspace.com/ascendancerecords

I'm really looking forward to Guilt Machine and the new DSO.

Also, I've only just found this band from Finland called Amberian Dawn. Soprano vocals on power metal chords. Kind of a cross between Nightwish and Stratovarius.

http://www.myspace.com/amberiandawn

Ravager61

IMG_0058.jpg

So, I just got back from the Sunn O))) show. I must say it was quite an experience.

I'm glad you guys recommended that I wear earplugs because they were loud as fuck. I'm fairly sure they played their entire new album with a few other songs thrown in. Overall, I loved the show. Extremely atmospheric and Attila was fucking incredible.

Aske

Valknacht - When the Might of the Storms Becomes Mine

Heathen metal from Quebec. Fantastic debut album that displays a wide variety of influences and atmospheres over six compelling tracks. The band constantly changes gear, but each track is superbly crafted regardless of its length, and the music manages to sound consistently fresh for the duration of the album. It's deep but accessible, and every track works both on its own and as a segment of the whole. Very compelling stuff - certainly the best new example of the genre that I've heard in a long time.

20090709-b56d2u9gcpfjstciagimikxxat.jpg

Ceres

Banned
Thought you guys might be interested in this:

Until the Light Takes Us -- black-metal documentary screenings
I've been emailing back and forth with Audrey Ewell, one of the directors of this documentary, since they have scheduled an exclusive screening in Atlanta in August, and she kindly provided me with a list of all US screenings so far. I'll copy it below.

The movie itself looks to be pretty interesting, as the co-directors spent two years in Oslo, Norway researching the film and garnering the trust of Varg Vikernes, Fenriz and others.

Upcoming screenings:

San Francisco: July 9 - 11
Thursday 7:30
Friday and Saturday 7:30 and 9:30
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
Tickets: http://www.ybca.org/tickets/production/view.aspx?id=9841

Providence, RI: July 11, 6:30 pm
as220 Arts Center
115 Empire Street Providence RI 02903
http://www.as220.org
Limited seating, tickets available at door.
Directors in Attendance

Chicago, July 25th, 8pm
Directors in Attendance
Gene Siskel Film Center
www.siskelfilmcenter.org - tix at ticketmaster
Sponsored by Reckless Records

Boston, Aug 1st, 7:30 pm
Directors in Attendance
The Brattle Theater
40 Brattle St., Harvard Square, Cambridge
www.brattlefilm.org

Houston, Aug 7th, 8:30 pm
Domy Books
http://www.domystore.com

Atlanta - Aug 13, 7:30 pm
Plaza Theater
www.plazaatlanta.com
Tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/69162

Albuquerque, August 14 & 15, 10:30 pm
Guild Cinema – 3405 Central Ave., NE
www.guildcinema.com
*advance tickets available at Charley's 33s & CDs, call (505)296-3685, cash only

Chapel Hill, August 20th 9:30 pm
Nighlight Arts Space
www.nightlightclub.com

Tucson, Aug 26, 8pm
The Loft Cinema
www.loftcinema.com

Philadelphia, Sept 2, 7:30 pm
Ibrahim Theater at International House
www.ihousephilly.org

Nashville
Carmike Cinema
Being Re-scheduled

Minnesota, tentatively early Oct. details TBA

International:
London, Early October, Raindance Film Festival with special event (and special guest) DATE TBA

Kortrijk, Belgium, Buda Arts Centre/Arthouse October 9th www.budakortrijk.be

Lausanne, Switzerland - Lausanne Underground Film & Music Festival - October, DATE TBA

Poland, late October - tentative, check mailing list updates/web site for info

Australia TBA
More Countries/Cities To Be Announced

According to Audrey, the best way to get updates about all this is to be on the mailing list: untilfilm@gmail.com

More than likely that Minnesota date will be at the theater owned by the guy behind Swordlord Productions

Wrekt

Spectral Glider said:
Awesome, how was it? I'm going to Jersey this Saturday to see them for my 4th time overall, can't wait. I love British Steel, one of my favorite albums of all time, so this concert should be classic. Not so excited about sitting through two opening bands though.

Let me preface this by saying I do not own any Judas Priest albums. If it weren't for Rock Band 2, I doubt I could have even named a single song of theirs although I recognized a few songs from their set list. I was offered some free tickets from a coworker and thought it would be interesting to see a show that was "before my time."

I saw Judas Priest last week in St. Charles, MO with Whitesnake. They were the only two bands playing that night. I'd estimate about 3,000 people were in the audience. Whitesnake was actually quite good. They seemed really excited to be touring again and they had some nice guitar and drum solo sections. I also couldn't have named you any Whitesnake songs but I recognized quite a few of theirs as well.

Judas Priest came up and the crowd flipped. They had a huge elaborate laser show that was pretty amazing to watch. Their stage was also very cool looking and they changed their backdrop to match the album that the current song came from. However they almost seemed bored. The drummer had some energy but for the most part it seemed like a bunch of guys standing in one spot and playing. I'm not sure if there was a monitor with lyrics at the front of the stage but the singer stared at the same spot on the floor for about half the songs. I know they are getting older but they didn't seem excited to be playing at all. They weren't bad but they didn't convert me into a fan.

My coworkers that went were fans of JP before the show and thought the concert was great so your mileage may vary.

Sandman42

I really dislike most black metal, but lately I've been listening to Solefald and Borknagar and have been really enjoying them both. I suppose it's because they aren't strictly black metal and have many other interesting elements.

TOM f'N CRUISE said:

Great album. I ran into James Murphy at a Testament show once and was quite hilarious :lol
I was walking downstairs towards outside to get some fresh and and this guy comes up to me and asks whos playing. I tell him Testament, then recognized him as James Murphy. I called him out and he said "Yeah, i was in Obituary, Death, Cancer, Testament twice, Disincarnate, etc..." :lol That guy is so full of himself, but damn talented.

Phobophile

I'm trying to think of some death metal that's in a major key, that isn't Lykathea Aflame. Most metal, for that matter, is in a minor key. Outside of power and prog, it's uncommon to hear metal in a major key. Hell, the only black metal album I can think of that's entirely in a major key are the two songs on Alcest's Le Secret. And Krallice's S/T is so full of diminished, augmented, and obscure chord shit that it straddles the line between major and minor, though some of the songs do sound like they end in a major chord.

yacobod

Banned
Spectral Glider said:

oh the show was pretty awesome, the murat egyptian room is probably a 1500-2000 seat arena, so we were probably like 10-15 feet from the stage, and the best part is white snake wasnt at the indy date

besides the songs off british steel they played the ripper, diamonds and rust, victim of changes, rock hard ride free, freewheel burning, the prophecy, and you've got another thing coming

band sounded great live, halford looked old as hell on stage, but he sounded pretty good, although he struggled to hit the high notes

i'll have to post some pictures on here when i get around to hosting them somewhere, got a lot of great shots

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Metallica finally announced their openers. My show has Lamb of God and Gojira. I don't give a fuck about LoG but Gojira could be sweet. I've only heard maybe 4 or 5 of their songs and they sound pretty good. Anyone here see them live?

Other shows have Volbeat opening, whom I've never heard.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
NameGenerated said:
Metallica finally announced their openers. My show has Lamb of God and Gojira. I don't give a fuck about LoG but Gojira could be sweet. I've only heard maybe 4 or 5 of their songs and they sound pretty good. Anyone here see them live?

Other shows have Volbeat opening, whom I've never heard.

Fuck, i wish they would come to aus at some stage. Would love to see them live.

Sandman42 said:
Hey guys,

To get this thread going again I think it would be a good idea for everyone to recommend something that you're into at the moment.

My current interest:

Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine
51izpGnh-RL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

This is great stuff for fans of progressive metal and Slough Feg.

speaking of Hammers and Slough feg is anyone else going to the Alehorn of Power show in Chicago next month? Phobophile?

I should be making the trip again this year. Excited to see the Hammers as I honestly thought I may never get a chance. These bands have completely given up on playing in Detroit (not that I blame them)

Phobophile

Lakedaimon said:
speaking of Hammers and Slough feg is anyone else going to the Alehorn of Power show in Chicago next month? Phobophile?

I should be making the trip again this year. Excited to see the Hammers as I honestly thought I may never get a chance. These bands have completely given up on playing in Detroit (not that I blame them)
Fuck yeah, I'll be there again. Sucks that it's in the middle of the week, though. I doubt I'll have a job by then, so it's not a big deal, heh.

Wrekt said:
I saw Judas Priest last week in St. Charles, MO with Whitesnake. They were the only two bands playing that night. I'd estimate about 3,000 people were in the audience. Whitesnake was actually quite good. They seemed really excited to be touring again and they had some nice guitar and drum solo sections. I also couldn't have named you any Whitesnake songs but I recognized quite a few of theirs as well.

Judas Priest came up and the crowd flipped. They had a huge elaborate laser show that was pretty amazing to watch. Their stage was also very cool looking and they changed their backdrop to match the album that the current song came from. However they almost seemed bored. The drummer had some energy but for the most part it seemed like a bunch of guys standing in one spot and playing. I'm not sure if there was a monitor with lyrics at the front of the stage but the singer stared at the same spot on the floor for about half the songs. I know they are getting older but they didn't seem excited to be playing at all. They weren't bad but they didn't convert me into a fan.

yacobod said:
oh the show was pretty awesome, the murat egyptian room is probably a 1500-2000 seat arena, so we were probably like 10-15 feet from the stage, and the best part is white snake wasnt at the indy date

besides the songs off british steel they played the ripper, diamonds and rust, victim of changes, rock hard ride free, freewheel burning, the prophecy, and you've got another thing coming

band sounded great live, halford looked old as hell on stage, but he sounded pretty good, although he struggled to hit the high notes

i'll have to post some pictures on here when i get around to hosting them somewhere, got a lot of great shots

Back today from the show last night. It was pretty good. We had Popevil as the third band on the bill. Know absolutely nothing about them, and I guess they weren't bad, I mean they gave it the old college try. Their music kind of sounds like a more traditional metal sound with a couple new wrinkles. I give em props as it has to be tough for a new band to play to disinterest crowds that are more into the beer than they are your music.

Whitesnake, I only know like 3 of their songs. They were all right, crowd seemed into them. Coverdale can still hold his own after all these years though he's pretty screechy on the highs.

Priest was tight musically. The British Steel stuff was all spot on and hearing rare songs like The Rage and Steeler played live was awesome. Stage show was pretty stripped down from even the more recent past. As in 05 they had a riser behind the drums that Glenn and KK would traverse and the little elevator that would send Rob from underneath to the top. They had none of that this time. No pyros either. Just smoke and a few lights. That's OK, as the music has always been the main thing with Priest.

Yes, it's true they aren't as animated on stage as they once where, but I suppose after almost 40 years of doing this stuff, you're gonna have that. The strange thing is, Glenn, the oldest of the group at 61 somehow has managed to look the youngest, even compared to Scott Travis who's still in his late 40s.

Rob, who's approaching 58, has taken to just concentrating on the vocals instead of all the gesturing and posturing he used to do. And yeah, I think he uses a teleprompter. Yes, the highs ain't what they used to be, partly due to age but also due the large amounts of smoking he took up in the 90s and beyond. I've heard he quit last year, don't know if that's true or not. Damage has probably already been done though.

Crowd ate most of it up. There were two lulls in the set it seemed to me, and that was for Hell Patrol and the Nostradamus track. Hell Patrol was an odd pick from Painkiller....so many great tracks aside from the title song, All Guns Blazing, Nightcrawler, Between the Hammer and the Anvil, Touch of Evil (though they have played that to death.) Hell Patrol wouldn't have been my pick. Overall, it was a pretty good set. When you have well over 150 songs to choose from, it's hard to please everyone and pick the perfect set.

comrade

Phobophile said:
234237eb1af.jpg

Artillery - When Death Comes

Inevitably this album has some modern thrash elements to it, but at the core, it still sounds a lot like By Inheritance. Great comeback album for Artillery.
Only heard one song and I'm in love. Definitely going to check this album out.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Phobophile said:
234237eb1af.jpg

Artillery - When Death Comes

Inevitably this album has some modern thrash elements to it, but at the core, it still sounds a lot like By Inheritance. Great comeback album for Artillery.

Not bad of a band Phobophile. I like what I heard so far, "Time Has Come", and "when death comes" also a song from By Inheritance album.
Nice thrash.

duffey

Sandman42 said:
I really dislike most black metal, but lately I've been listening to Solefald and Borknagar and have been really enjoying them both. I suppose it's because they aren't strictly black metal and have many other interesting elements.
You'd probably really like Code - Resplendent Grotesque and maybe their previous album. Kinda similar not-very-black metal sound but awesome regardless.

Phobophile said:
I'm trying to think of some death metal that's in a major key, that isn't Lykathea Aflame. Most metal, for that matter, is in a minor key. Outside of power and prog, it's uncommon to hear metal in a major key. Hell, the only black metal album I can think of that's entirely in a major key are the two songs on Alcest's Le Secret. And Krallice's S/T is so full of diminished, augmented, and obscure chord shit that it straddles the line between major and minor, though some of the songs do sound like they end in a major chord.

can't really think of anything, but Pelican's "Pink Mammoth" comes to mind. The original Mammoth song was just balls out heavy, then wrote Pink Mammoth in a Major key for a split and sounds totally different.

Flynn

Just got back from Wolves in the Throne Room. Had seen them at that Scion Rockfest, but it was nice to see them doing a full set. The crowd here in LA was kind of weird -- there were like six or seven guys who really wanted to be at a hardcore show. Whatever.

Also, I warmed up to openers Minsk. Singer and drummer were pretty cool. Intronaut were okay. Bass player was wearing a Parliament shirt, so points there.

Ceres

Banned
Due to the fucked up US visa approval system striking again, major changes occurred to the roster for Progpower USA X in Atlanta.
Vanden Plas, Andre Matos, Power Quest, and Tomorrow's Eve all had their visa applications denied.

I'm majorly bummed about Vanden Plas but I think Shane will find a capable replacement. I had no interest in Andre Matos or Power Quest so no loss there for me. It still sucks for the bands since many had their flights booked and will loose quite a bit of money, along with Glenn and Shane loosing money as visa applications are expensive.

The lineup is now as follows
Thursday Showcase:
Primal Fear
TBA (Vanden Plas replacement should be announced in the next two weeks)
Suspyre
Future’s End

Friday:
Crimson Glory (replacing Andre Matos as Friday headliner)
Royal Hunt
Sabaton
Diablo Swing Orchestra
MindFlow (replacing Tomorrow's Eve)
Cage (replacing Power Quest)

Saturday:
Fates Warning
Brainstorm
Pagan's Mind
Orphaned Land
Circus Maximus

Crimson Glory released a press release:

"We are proud to announce that Crimson Glory have been asked by ProgPower USA founder/promoter Glenn Harveston to headline the ProgPower USA tenth anniversary festival on Friday, September 11th, 2009 in Atlanta, GA.
It is both a privilege and an honor to perform at this now-infamous American metal fest, and we see this as a beautifully serendipitous opportunity to pay a final and meaningful tribute to Midnight in a truly special manner by including the fans, as well as a stretching of our collective wings in anticipation of a new era of Crimson Glory.

Initially we had only intended to come to ProgPower as a band to commemorate Midnight by presenting a memorial dedicated to his life and his work with Crimson Glory. We had of course hoped for the chance to play the festival at some point in the future, but from the ashes of circumstances beyond Glenn's control, this opportunity arose for Crimson Glory to perform sooner rather than later.

This was totally unexpected, but after much deliberation between all members of the band, we feel that it is absolutely the "right" thing to do.

We see this as the perfect scenario for us to reconnect with the many fans who have followed Crimson Glory over the years, as well as to present our music to those fans who have never seen the band play live. Indeed, we plan to use this performance as a bridge between the past and future of Crimson Glory. As one door closes, another opens; as one chapter ends, another is begun; this promises to be a very intimate, magical and memorable event for us as well as for the fest.

Wade Black will be the main vocalist for the show, but we are making plans to have several guest singers performing the classic Crimson Glory songs and honoring Midnight's legendary legacy in their own personal and unique ways.

John Zonner (Savatage/Crimson Glory/Jon Oliva's Pain) will also be joining the band for this performance and we feel very fortunate to have him sharing his talent with us again.

We plan to film the performance in its entirety for a DVD release later next year as part of the 25th anniversary of Crimson Glory.

While we had remained hopeful to write and perform again with Midnight, the cosmic powers-that-be clearly had other plans, both for our departed brother traversing the stars, as well as for the rest of us still here, surviving together on this beautiful little blue planet.

However, it does not mean the end...it never really ends."

--The members of Crimson Glory

I've never really been a Crimson Glory fan but it will be a good set and interests me more than Andre Matos anyway.

Ravager61

Flynn said:
Scion is doing a free (small) metal show in L.A. this august.

Big Business and Torch.

RSVP here: www.scion.com/metalshow

Nice. If I lived anywhere near LA id go.

I've never heard Big Business before soI checked out their myspace and they sound pretty awesome. I guess its the bass player and the drummer from Melvins.

Also, this is their band photo which made me lol:
24181_photo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom