• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
True Kvlt.

Either you work at IKEA or you played drums for Bathory, because your knowledge is at the level of dare we say it, the cloven hooved one himself. That’s right, we’re talking about Ingvar Kamprad. We’re almost afraid to ask you to peep out our agency site. But please do, oh dark master.

We bow to you, Your friends at Gatesman+Dave.

I'm versed in both, haha.

Listening to Angelcorpse's The Inexorable. I forgot how good it was.

Thergothon-Stream From The Heavens. The peak of funeral doom if you ask me. Great otherwordly and melancholic atmosphere.

Angel Corpse is a good listen when i get tired of Morbid Angel, but need more Morbid Angel haha. Awesome stuff.
And yes to Thergothon, throw in Winter as well.

Any good Metal albums where the atmosphere is absolutely impeccable? I think that if more Metal albums could benefit from atmosphere.

Viking-era Bathory is a must. Especially Hammerheart.

Viking-era Bathory is a must. Especially Hammerheart.

Excellent. Bathory rule.

Any way, any body here familiar and enjoy Soundgarden's earlier works? It was definitely more metal influenced than their later work (which is still absolutely fantastic, especially Superunknown), but absolutely kicked ass. It's too bad not enough people enjoy Ultramega OK, because that album is awesome. Louder Than Love rules too, especially Big Dumb Sex.

Melchiah

roIbWWam.jpg

19/20, Grundtal could've been a metal band :p I think I recognised all the metal bands.

Just saw the disclaimer.

Also the writer of this realizes that these are not all death metal genre bands and that most metalheads love nothing more than to put things in neat little buckets. Just relax and have a laugh. Also: Legal disclaimers are pure evil, which if you listen to metal, you certainly applaud.

And did some blind buys:

Ereb Altor - The End: viking doom metal, worshipping Hammerheart. Very nice classic doom style clean vocals.

Troll - Neo-Satanic Supremacy: symphonic black metal, short, fun songs with nice production. Reminds me a bit of Dimmu Borgir in sound. "Burn the witch! Burn you goddamn bitch!" :D

Steelwing - Zone of Alienation: Iron Maiden heavy metal. My least favourite of the three.

Kaladin

Fucking October 29th.....

Corrections House
Ayreon
Warbringer
Toxic Holocaust
Skeletonwitch

Damn expensive day of metal....good metal.

Fucking October 29th.....

Corrections House
Ayreon
Warbringer
Toxic Holocaust
Skeletonwitch

Damn expensive day of metal....good metal.

Can't come soon enough!

I'm mainly just so fucking excited for the new Warbringer!!! Ayreon too.

I think next week is new Death Angel which I'm excited for as well.

October might just be better than June was.

Kaladin

Can't come soon enough!

I'm mainly just so fucking excited for the new Warbringer!!! Ayreon too.

I think next week is new Death Angel which I'm excited for as well.

October might just be better than June was.

Next week is also new Doomriders and Oct 22nd is new Motorhead.

Ghost announced a new covers E.P. and released the first single:

If You Have Ghost (Roy Erickson)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kNetd_lISI

1. If You Have Ghosts (Originally Recorded By Roky Erickson)
2. I Am A Marionette (Originally Recorded By ABBA)
3. Crucified (Originally Recorded By Army Of Lovers)
4. Waiting For The Night (Originally Recorded By Depeche Mode)
5. Secular Haze (Recorded Live At Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn)

Oh come on, a cover album by Ghost and you leave the absolutely divine Here Comes The Sun-cover out? Papa Emeritus, am disappoint.

Any good Metal albums where the atmosphere is absolutely impeccable? I think that if more Metal albums could benefit from atmosphere.

Despite the abhorrent production values, my first choice would be Cruelty and the Beast. Come at me, brahs.

Branson

The new Trivium "Vengeance Falls" is fucking OUT!

1078551_10151591360221896_1805612761_o-1000x515.jpg

Can't wait to get my hardcopy, as well. I always support these guys. The band is streaming the entire album online right now.

Fuck it, I know i'm going to get blasted for saying this but I love this new album. I don't even care to say it. Matts voice sounds great in it.

so it looks like the GODFLESH mini-US Tour will be post-poned with a possibility of one show being cancelled due to Visa issues. FUCK!!!

Unfortunately we have to now officially announce that the GODFLESH mini tour of the US is now postponed, the rescheduled dates will be announced shortly, the dates will now be in April 2014, we cannot yet confirm if tickets can be retained for the new dates, but we have information that this is in the process, the venues are the same besides one show, this will be confirmed over the next few days, we also hope to have exactly the same roster of supports - Prurient, Nails, and House Of Low Culture.

The reason for all this is once again visa issues; as is often the case with UK and European artists wishing to work/perform in the US, it is a laborious process, and it was stalled by the US immigration office, the USCIS, that reviews and processes these visas.

Clearly, and before the accusations come in, and I have already been made aware of several kneejerk reactions to this news, we, as a band, are not at the helm of this process - we have an reputable and professional agency in the US that worked this tour, and an US based legal team who work on achieving the visas, in tandem with our agency, all done within an extended timeframe which allows for any such problems, the issue here is quite simply that the USCIS stopped responding entirely to our legal team, regardless of how much our team relentlessly taxed the body for the petition/visa response, no response was forthcoming, irrespective of all efforts; the process had ground to a halt - they would not respond to us at all anymore, we had reports that the US govt. closedown was the final nail, but this is unconfirmed. So, once again, we are now going through the process, with even more time at our legal teams disposal to go through this all again and hope for the best.

Please, understand this - it's bureaucracy to blame here, not the band or it's agent / legal team, we all wish for the band to perform, otherwise why indeed would we even bother to invest time, energy and money into establishing this tour? Nor is it related to the ridiculous suggestion/assumption of my not wanting to tour; I do not wish to do large extended tours, I already am, and have been doing small tours, this was a small tour; Godflesh did a small tour of Europe earlier this year, and we, and I, have performed consistently throughout the world this year, I, as both jesu, Godflesh and JK Flesh have performed twice in Moscow in the last six weeks, for example, besides countless other performances in many countries globally. So, please do not be ignorant and narrow minded about this situation, and understand that we obviously want to perform, and will perform. We will announce the new dates within the next few days, the tour will be followed by the new GODFLESH album in May 2014.

Thank You.

Kaladin

October 29th ( a more complete list)

Ayreon - Theory Of Everything
Testament - Dark Roots of Thrash (Live)
Skeletonwitch - Serpents Unleashed
Sepultura - Mediator Between Head & Hands Must Be the Heart
Warbringer - IV: Empires Collapse
Protest The Hero - Volition
Kill Devil Hill - Revolution Rise
Toxic Holocaust - Chemistry of Consciousness
Kataklysm - Waiting For The End To Come
Inquisition - Obscure Verses For The Multiverse
Necrophobic - Worm of Lillithu
Devin Townsend Project - Retinal Circus
Winds of Plague - Resistance
Corrections House - Last City Zero
Russian Circles - Memorial

Every metal band ever : "Lets release our album the week of halloween, it will be so cool."

damn, is Kataklysm still around? they had some good tunes last i heard them, like.... 10 years ago? Shadows and Dust was the album i think.

Halloween is upon us sooner than we think and the 31-days-of-horror-marathon-thread really got me into the mood! I think there many horror (movies or literature) themed metal pieces out there, let's listen to some! I'm really into 70s and 80s - style horror so here are two songs I really dig! I love listening to this while watching videos of the movies!

Orange Goblin - The Fog
Cathedral Night of the Seagulls

Recommend some good shit!! :)

Halloween is upon us sooner than we think and the 31-days-of-horror-marathon-thread really got me into the mood! I think there many horror (movies or literature) themed metal pieces out there, let's listen to some! I'm really into 70s and 80s - style horror so here are two songs I really dig! I love listening to this while watching videos of the movies!

Orange Goblin - The Fog

First bands that came to mind are Mercyful Fate and King Diamond. Although they could be too theatrical for your taste.

Orange Goblin - The Fog

Saint Vitus-"I Bleed Black"
Witch Mountain-"Shelter"
Elder-"Ghost Head"
Pallbearer-"The Legend"
Electric Wizard-"Black Mass"
Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats-"Death's Door"

That should start you off right :)

Manzepi

Neo Member

Orange Goblin - The Fog

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats is definitely the band you're searching for...

Also Electric Wizard and Ghost B.C.

Besides the obvious Uncle Acid, which is perfect:

Windhand
http://windhandva.bandcamp.com

Right up your alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom