• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sword is a great band if you like the older style metal. Singer sounds quite a bit like ozzy and the lead guitar is pretty damn good. I love the the lyrics as well.

This one, Gods of the Earth is my favorite, but all of their albums are great.

Kaladin

The Sword also have the best album art:

The-Sword-WR-1.jpg

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Is that real? I saw they called them death metal when they cameo'd. Are they poking fun at themselves or did a fan make that in response to them being wrong?

waypoetic

Banned
So i'm listening to Like Moths To Flames and i'm confused. Chris Roetter, didn't he play in a christian band before LMTF? I mean, these lyrics, some of these songs, he's really fucking angry at something and i suspect it may be this "god" fellow. Songs like "You Won't Be Missed", "Praise Feeder" and "Faithless Living" really stand out.

Did he opt out of religion and christianity? I get a searching-agnostic-vibe from these lyrics.

I am currently listening to Wildhoney by Tiamat for the first time. Great album, shouldn't have ignored this for so long but better late than never :)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I am currently listening to Wildhoney by Tiamat for the first time. Great album, shouldn't have ignored this for so long but better late than never :)

Nice one. So atmospheric and beautiful. True goth* metal at its finest.

* By which I mean a fusion of goth rock and metal, as it should be, not the "we have a chick singing therefore we're goth metal lol"

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
well damn...I bought a VIP ticket to see Behemoth and the other bands in person (well just 2 members of the band(s) and bunch of other free shit. What you guys think?

Kaladin

well damn...I bought a VIP ticket to see Behemoth and the other bands in person (well just 2 members of the band(s) and bunch of other free shit. What you guys think?

VIP tickets are good deals usually if you can afford it. Some bands charge a bit more than they're worth IMO, but some make them worth it.

Nice one. So atmospheric and beautiful. True goth* metal at its finest.

* By which I mean a fusion of goth rock and metal, as it should be, not the "we have a chick singing therefore we're goth metal lol"

Yeah, not that I mind female vocals at all - I quite like the 'Beauty and the Beast' stuff also.

I ended up listening to the album twice in the end. Really good, and have added it to my Doom/Gothic playlist alongside the likes of Paradise Lost and Theatre of Tragedy :)

PersonaX

There's a new Alcest album? Shit, how did I miss that?

Yeah, comes out in a couple of days, i'm seeing them play in two nights in a row in around two weeks from now, when their Shelter tour reaches my country, i thought about buying the LP in one of those shows and get it signed by Neige if possible, pretty excited.

new Indian record is excellent

woah i just searched the thread and there's no discussion of it. you guys are in for a treat.

Haven't heard the new one yet. I have The Sycophant, but only gave it a few listens and then i totally forgot about them. I'll give the new one a try.

HiResDes

Twilight the one-off black metal band, composed of Thurston Moore, Stavros Giannopoulos (Atlas Moth), Wrest (Leviathan), N. Imperial (Krieg), and Chicago-based metal producer Sanford Parker, actually has a release date for it's first and only album

twilight.jpg%3Fw%3D627%3Fw%3D529

March 18th:

III: Beneath Trident’s Tomb Tracklist
01. Lungs
02. Oh Wretched Son
03. Swarming Funereal Mass
04. Seek No Shelter Fevered Ones
05. A Flood of Eyes
06. Below Lights

Twilight the one-off black metal band, composed of Thurston Moore, Stavros Giannopoulos (Atlas Moth), Wrest (Leviathan), N. Imperial (Krieg), and Chicago-based metal producer Sanford Parker, actually has a release date for it's first and only album

twilight.jpg%3Fw%3D627%3Fw%3D529

March 18th:

III: Beneath Trident’s Tomb Tracklist
01. Lungs
02. Oh Wretched Son
03. Swarming Funereal Mass
04. Seek No Shelter Fevered Ones
05. A Flood of Eyes
06. Below Lights

Whoa, Thurston Moore in a Black Metal band? Looks like I'm going to have to give this one a shot. Thanks dude.

Definitely not the "first and only" Twilight album, they have at least two albums that I've listened to already. Their other stuff is alright, I'll give the new one a listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom