• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
Nah. When I see band names written all //cvlt// I usually don't even bother giving them a chance. Fuck them.

Plus we don't want to look like that embarrassing witch-house thread.

Are Immortal gifs still 'cool'?

NjOyKhe.gif

yes.

kBW1VIi.gif

Kaladin

The Metal Thread |OT2| ☠☠☠ ╬℞♆ë Ç♆ë|╬ \M/ù§|Ç ☠☠☠

The mods will probably kill us.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
We should spell the title so it's somewhat weird to read, like many band logos

/v\£┬α┴

Edit: I know its hard to tell over the internets, but I'm not being serious.I dont like those just as much as many of you.

The Metal Thread |OT2| ☠☠☠ ╬℞♆ë Ç♆ë|╬ \M/ù§|Ç ☠☠☠

The mods will probably kill us.

The Metal Thread |OT2| A̢̟̺̠̬̰͔̗̯͎̼͊ͪ͆͛̂͐̅̐̅ͤ̍̈́̒̃̈̀Ḽ̢̧͕͍͍̭̭͔̭̳͈͙̣̥̺̄ͧ̾̓̀͊͊͝L̵̏͑̽̔͐̈ͤ̏̋̋̂ͤ͊ͨ͊ͧ̒̈̚͠҉͓̲͖̯̘̫ ̴̴̟͕̞̎͌̓̆ͣ̈́̐̽̕͠Ş̨͚̰̪͕̗͇̯̼̮̺ͩ̇̃͑̏͆́̂́ͥ̾͌ͮ͞H̛̥̞̝̬̻̆̍̌ͫ̈́̿͗̿ͯ̍̋͊ͦ͆ͤͪͩ̍̓͜ͅÄ́͆̀ͧ̾ͪͭ̿̿̚͘͟҉҉͙̞̲̱̣̻̙̮͓̹̪̰̪̦Ḽ̢̧͍̗̼̭͉͖̫̱͔͈̗̩͉̬͍ͪͥͨ̏͗̉̓̀͜͠ͅL̡̹̙̣͓̤̩̳͔̀́̒͢ ̸̢͚̭̞͙̋ͩͭ̋̑̓̅̓ͬ̂ͣ͐͂ͥ̋̈́̿͐̚͝R̛̹̦̫͇͔͇̙͉͉͍̿̅ͯ͑̽͗̽̈́̾͊̅ͦ͂̀ͩ͂ͭ̈͜͟͜ͅE̜͕̤̤̼̙̞͚͇͔̗ͬͩ̈́̑̓ͩͯ̽̈̃ͧ̈́͂͑ͯ͘͟T̡̛̺̝̣̥͍̖̠̤̖͔̈̐̈́̿Ų̴̬͙̙͍̮͗ͯ͐̓̂̃͆ͧͬ̿̅̈́̓̌ͩ̂͢R̸̢̘̳̺̅͊ͮ͊͞N̴̼̹̹̦̖̙͙̤̬̥̳ͧͤ͌͌͂̐͐̂ͮ̎̓̀͑̋̕͢͝ ̧͈͎͚̩ͣͨͯ͛̀̽̀T̵̛̬̠͍̱̱̮͈̟͔̈́̀ͣ̈̏͛̃̍̏ͬ̎ͩ̍̒͋ͤͭ̀O̷̢͎̩̘͓̙̪̍͋͒ͧͥ̽͑́͘ ͬ̿̓͌̍ͧ̃̆ͯ̃̏̑̌̿ͤͪ̑̚̚͏҉͉͓̰̘̫͍̺̱͎̮͎̬̣̱̭̟͜͠͝M̸̛̭̝̣̱̞̰̥̦̮̱̺̻̆̃ͮ͂͋̿̇ͤ̈́̑̏Ę͕̱̻̭̺͍̬̠̺͚̹͙̟̯͍͈͈͓̦̔̏͑͒ͣͬ̇̀ͫ͗̔ͪ̔ͯ̚͝T̢̉̇̾̉ͬ͏̨͟͏̬̟̦͔̬̻̟͙̣͉A̴͑̍̆̉̍͌̐̉͋͋͗̀̅ͪ͗̇̒͢͏̱̝̞̙̼̜̱̠̟̻͙̭̳L̶̸͓͙͖͚̰̲͔͉̩͇̮͙͖͕̣̺ͨ̄͛ͧ́͛͒̅͐͊͟

The Metal Thread |OT2| Not to be confused with That Metal Show.

Metal Thread |OT2| Opeth's still boring.

Good one. I was going to suggest that the OP feature either this half or the other half of Ye Olde Opeth Argument, just so we can kick off OT2 in true GAF Metal thread fashion. Or, we could opt for one of the other tried and tested standards; Black Metal - is it a sound, or an ideal? Metalcore, metal or not?

ZachDeCoromaru said:
The Metal Thread |OT2| We don't like metal either.

Fitting. I like it.

Kaladin

The Metal Thread |OT2| A̢̟̺̠̬̰͔̗̯͎̼͊ͪ͆͛̂͐̅̐̅ͤ̍̈́̒̃̈̀Ḽ̢̧͕͍͍̭̭͔̭̳͈͙̣̥̺̄ͧ̾̓̀͊͊͝L̵̏͑̽̔͐̈ͤ̏̋̋̂ͤ͊ͨ͊ͧ̒̈̚͠҉͓̲͖̯̘̫ ̴̴̟͕̞̎͌̓̆ͣ̈́̐̽̕͠Ş̨͚̰̪͕̗͇̯̼̮̺ͩ̇̃͑̏͆́̂́ͥ̾͌ͮ͞H̛̥̞̝̬̻̆̍̌ͫ̈́̿͗̿ͯ̍̋͊ͦ͆ͤͪͩ̍̓͜ͅÄ́͆̀ͧ̾ͪͭ̿̿̚͘͟҉҉͙̞̲̱̣̻̙̮͓̹̪̰̪̦Ḽ̢̧͍̗̼̭͉͖̫̱͔͈̗̩͉̬͍ͪͥͨ̏͗̉̓̀͜͠ͅL̡̹̙̣͓̤̩̳͔̀́̒͢ ̸̢͚̭̞͙̋ͩͭ̋̑̓̅̓ͬ̂ͣ͐͂ͥ̋̈́̿͐̚͝R̛̹̦̫͇͔͇̙͉͉͍̿̅ͯ͑̽͗̽̈́̾͊̅ͦ͂̀ͩ͂ͭ̈͜͟͜ͅE̜͕̤̤̼̙̞͚͇͔̗ͬͩ̈́̑̓ͩͯ̽̈̃ͧ̈́͂͑ͯ͘͟T̡̛̺̝̣̥͍̖̠̤̖͔̈̐̈́̿Ų̴̬͙̙͍̮͗ͯ͐̓̂̃͆ͧͬ̿̅̈́̓̌ͩ̂͢R̸̢̘̳̺̅͊ͮ͊͞N̴̼̹̹̦̖̙͙̤̬̥̳ͧͤ͌͌͂̐͐̂ͮ̎̓̀͑̋̕͢͝ ̧͈͎͚̩ͣͨͯ͛̀̽̀T̵̛̬̠͍̱̱̮͈̟͔̈́̀ͣ̈̏͛̃̍̏ͬ̎ͩ̍̒͋ͤͭ̀O̷̢͎̩̘͓̙̪̍͋͒ͧͥ̽͑́͘ ͬ̿̓͌̍ͧ̃̆ͯ̃̏̑̌̿ͤͪ̑̚̚͏҉͉͓̰̘̫͍̺̱͎̮͎̬̣̱̭̟͜͠͝M̸̛̭̝̣̱̞̰̥̦̮̱̺̻̆̃ͮ͂͋̿̇ͤ̈́̑̏Ę͕̱̻̭̺͍̬̠̺͚̹͙̟̯͍͈͈͓̦̔̏͑͒ͣͬ̇̀ͫ͗̔ͪ̔ͯ̚͝T̢̉̇̾̉ͬ͏̨͟͏̬̟̦͔̬̻̟͙̣͉A̴͑̍̆̉̍͌̐̉͋͋͗̀̅ͪ͗̇̒͢͏̱̝̞̙̼̜̱̠̟̻͙̭̳L̶̸͓͙͖͚̰̲͔͉̩͇̮͙͖͕̣̺ͨ̄͛ͧ́͛͒̅͐͊͟

The mods will surely strike us down with great vengeance and furious anger with that topic.

It even breaks the quote box!!!!!!!!!!

Servbot24

Banned

yes!!!
this one please.

Nopren

I kinda like the simplicity of this thread just being "The Metal Thread". Makes it stand out in the sea of "Something Something |OT| Some hilarious mumbo jumbo".
Maybe make it something like "The Metal Thread II".

Anyone listen to the new Behemoth?

It's pretty damn awesome.

Also, I'm mad I didn't pick up an Amon Amarth ticket off Stubhub for $65...now there aren't any tickets at all :(

I've been listening to the new Grand Magus album a couple of times now and it's fucking good. They got pretty hyped recently, but it's well deserved. I think it's their strongest output yet, although Iron Will and Hammer of the Nord are also great.

GrandMagus_01_126de9fec6.jpeg

Anyone listen to the new Behemoth?

It's pretty damn awesome.

Thanks for reminding me. Now I know how I spend the rest of the evening.

sgjackson

This is as tangential to metal as you can get but it's fucking hilarious that Tuomas Holopainen from Nightwish decided to make an album about Scrooge McDuck.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
One of those should work:

Metal Thread |OT2| Sad Thread of Destiny
Metal Thread |OT2| Defenders of the Thread
Metal Thread |OT2| Somewhere in Thread
Metal Thread |OT2| Piece of Thread
Metal Thread |OT2| Brave New Thread
Metal Thread |OT2| Blood Fire Thread

And my favourite:

Metal Thread |OT2| The Return......

(with this exact number of dots!)

For OT7, it better be |OT7| Seventh Thread of a Seventh Thread :p

FACE

Banned
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/68267306/Down%2BII%2B%2BA%2BBustle%2BIn%2BYour%2BHedgerow%2Bdown_2.jpg[IMG]

and I see now it would be

The Metal Thread |OT2| A Bustle In Your Threadrow[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/274/446/cb5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom