• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Mrbob said:
With all the talk between Oakland and Anaheim, just like that, Texas is back in first place!

By the way where is our resident White Sox fan? Is he groveling by watching his number one pitcher help blow an 8-0 lead and now currently in a 9-9 dogfight in the 9th! :D

Actually, I was at the game. kthanx. I actually go to games...how about you? Don't give me BS about tickets being unavailable or some shit. I paid $120 a piece for these Sox/Cubs tickets.
And by the way, Beurhle is our best pitcher, not Loazia.

Cubs will sweep the pathetic white sox pitching

LMAO. just like last year, right? Give me a break. Hey, can I make a deal with you Cubs fans? After these coming series, can we agree on no bullshit excuses like "we aren't healthy" or "well we still have the better record"

all that shit. Can we just agree that after we each have talked so much shit, the losers are just owned? I don't want to hear any bullshit excuses from you cubs fans. I know I'll own up if we get beaten. Not a problem.
Last year all I heard from Cubbies was "WHO HAS A BETTER RECORD LOL"
well, who gives a shit. we beat you head on. end of story.

can we at least agree on that much?

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
oh, and let's use your stats logic...

Sox will sweep the Cubs with their pathetic hitting.

Sox have a better average, more runs, more HRs, more RBIs, more SBs, a better OBP, better slugging percentage. We own the Cubs in every offensive statistic.

as far as pitching where you are better than us...

you have a better ERA, have allowed less hits, have more Ks, a lower whip, while you have given up more walks than us.

You have the pitching. We have the hitting. We'll see what happens. But we own you in hitting, you own us in pitching. Your logic works both ways.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cubs wont get to the World Series...

The end.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Cubsfan23 said:
Actually the Cubs are healthy, sans Wood, and surprise, we've won 9 of 10. Cubs will win 5 of 6 games.

ok, so no bitching after our 6 games, right? no repeats of last year. I'm sure as hell not gonna pull a "but we don't have Magglio" or some shit. People get hurt. deal with it.

Mrbob

Actually, I was at the game. kthanx. I actually go to games...how about you? Don't give me BS about tickets being unavailable or some shit. I paid $120 a piece for these Sox/Cubs tickets.
And by the way, Beurhle is our best pitcher, not Loazia.

Lol the White Sox superfan bites back again! I live in North Central Wisconsin so it isn't a hop skip and jump to Wrigley for me! I go to Wrigley at least once a summer depending on my availablilty/work schedule. Oh and I usually go see a couple Cubs/Brewers games at Miller Park. Thanks for the concern! :D

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Ok, then don't comment on where I am next time, how about that?

When the Cubs give up a grand slam in the 9th I don't ask where MrBob is. Return the favor.

Cubsfan23

Banned
Cubs offense doesn't have any easy outs right now, Lee is hitting .434, and Sosa is actually being patient and not striking out.

Mrbob

LOL wtf dude it was in the context of being a rhetorical question. Damn White Sox fans are always so uptight! :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
And Cub fans always think they have a World Series team and we all know how that turns out.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
you and your rhetorical questions ;)

Ya know, I used to always go up to Milwaukee to see the Sox and Brewers before the switch. Good times.

I hope you guys know this isn't personal or anything. I mean hell, I say worse shit more consistantly to my real life friends that are Cubbies. So, ya know, no hard feelings. The Sox/Cubs games I'm going to is with a die hard Cubs fan. I give her a ton of shit as well. Hell Mrbob, you're my boy when NFL season starts =p

Matrix

Yea I hope the Cub fans dont take anything I say personally aswell...well except for cubsfan23 cause he's a pretty boy.

And Cub fans always think they have a World Series team and we all know how that turns out.

WTF? Where does that bullshit come from? Considering our team is labeled the lovable losers and "Wait til next year" the mantra I don't think any Cubs fans were thinking about a World Series before the emergence of Clement, Zambrano and Prior (and re-emergence of Wood).

all that shit. Can we just agree that after we each have talked so much shit, the losers are just owned? I don't want to hear any bullshit excuses from you cubs fans. I know I'll own up if we get beaten. Not a problem.
Last year all I heard from Cubbies was "WHO HAS A BETTER RECORD LOL"
well, who gives a shit. we beat you head on. end of story.

can we at least agree on that much?

No we can't.

1) The reason a 162-game schedule is played in the MLB is two show who the better teams are over a full season, any team can go on a hot streak (ala Tampa Bay).

2) The White Sox players get all jived up for the Cubs series because it's the only time of year that they garner equal attention. Playing in front of a sell-out crowd isn't quite the same rush when it happens every damn day.

Matrix

I meant the Cubs fans on this board from the couple of years Ive seen them post.I really didnt mean all Cub fans,so dont go all pyscho Cub fan :p

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
See, that's bullshit. So you're saying no matter what, Cubs fans always have an out for losing to the Sox. Total bullshit.

The White Sox players get all jived up for the Cubs series because it's the only time of year that they garner equal attention. Playing in front of a sell-out crowd isn't quite the same rush when it happens every damn day.
If the Cubs are good enough, they should be able to step it up then.

Joe

according to gammons the yanks have moved away from garcia and focused on beltran. beltran would be real nice but they really dont need him. and the yanks will probably end up overspending for beltran both in trade and contract (if both or either happen).

Mrbob

Oh sweet I see the Cubs/Sox have a late start on Friday, 3PM!

I'm gonna have to head out of work a little early Friday!

But first things first, need to take two more in St. Louis before we can sweep the Sox!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Joe said:
according to gammons the yanks have moved away from garcia and focused on beltran. beltran would be real nice but they really dont need him. and the yanks will probably end up overspending for beltran both in trade and contract (if both or either happen).

Really? I heard earlier today actually that the Yanks thought they needed pitching more and had shyed away from Beltran...

Fifty said:
Well I think we're going to have to wait till Euro 2004 is over before we get a sticky from the mods...

Perhaps we should bring back the avatars...

Joe

Eminem said:
Really? I heard earlier today actually that the Yanks thought they needed pitching more and had shyed away from Beltran...

yeah thats what i thought too until gammons said that. we'll see. they might want to see how contreras pitches now thats hes reunited with his family. and el duque is still rehabing.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Maggs is done with the Sox after this year too, which just blows my mind. Everyone in Chicago loves Magglio =( If the Yanks get their paws on him/beltran/both...jesus h christ.

and another thing about this cubs/sox series...both teams are 1 game back in their division...the cubs are playing the team in first right now, while the sox play the team in first in exactly a week. besides the obvious hometown bragging rights, these games are actually meaningful.

Matrix

Magglio was in the Stros farm system..why oh why did they get rid of him :(

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
lol

it's gonna hurt to see him go somewhere else. he really was the most beloved player here. i really thought it was gonna happen coming into this year, which is why I wanted the Nomar trade to happen.

Joe

gammons just said the A's want to trade for beltran but they want to do with a 3-way trade with either the dodgers or astros. with dotel or mota going to the royals and beltran going to the a's but said that will probably end up being too complicated.

Matrix

WHAT THE FUDGE!? DOTEL?FOR WHO WHAT WHERE WHEN WHY HOW

Matrix

Still cant find anything about Dotel :\ I found out the Stros are thinkng about trying to sign Aaron Boone.

Miguel

Joe said:
ok its all clarified here: http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/baseball/mlb/oakland_athletics/8982119.htm
(you need to register)

basically the a's trade a 3B and C to kansas city for beltran then trade beltran to either astro's or dodger's for dotel or mota.

Shit, I thought they were bsing about that here on the radio today. I didn't hear exactly what the deal was, all I know is that beltran would play CF for us.

Drayton: But...where's Biggio gonna play? HE CAN CLOSE FOR US! YEAH THAT'S IT!

Matrix

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!

LIDGE > DOTEL ANYWAY

Fifty

Whoa, Beltran for that little? I wish the Jays were in contention :( Oh well. It'll be fun to see him play for a winner.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Whoa, Beltran for that little? I wish the Jays were in contention :( Oh well. It'll be fun to see him play for a winner.

The Stros a winner? muhahahahhaa

maybe when they play against you in MVP :p

Matrix

HAHA maybe that was a sign Mig,you got the ESPN :p

Hey Fifty any time you want revenge,let me know .......muhhahahahahahaha *cough*20*cough* runs

Fifty

I walked like 10 of your guys! I went insane. Simple as that. I started off bad....again, and I just lost it. You only really earned about 8 of those runs.....Ok, maybe 12. Dammit! I'll beat you anytime you want. I just need to think long and hard before I pick a team.

Matrix

Want to play in now? Its 3am I can meet you online in 5 minutes?

Matrix

Ok,I'll be online in a few.

Miguel

I'm....not sure.

Sure, I want nomar, just cause I'm a Garciaparrawhore. But...I also have Jose Reyes who "could" also be a good player who just came off the DL.

And closers are hard to come by, I dunno about giving up Hawkins. I may just counter-offer. I'll decide tommorow when I'm more awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom