• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

zambrano is pitching better than clemens so far but not by much at all (although zambrano owns the nl central). and if the season ended now the cy young would go to schmidt with glavine a close second.

Mrbob

Gagne blows away Arod!!!

Mr. Bob, what do you think the Cubs should do about a closer? You think Hawkins'll be good for the job? And do you live in Chicago? I'm up in Lake Forest right now.

I think the Cubs will be fine with Hawkins. He needs to get comfortable in the closer role and once he does I think he'll do fine.

Also, I don't live in Illinois. I live in Wisconsin. But I probably should live in Chicago considering I love all Chicago teams (Cept the White Sox!).

Joe

im guessing the ump had dinner reservations.

there were 3 pitches that were obviously outside to everyone besides the ump.

Meier

Looked good to me! DODGERS WIN, DODGERS WIN! Yankees lose their 7-series winning streak and Gagne gets #81, woo!

Cloudy

Banned
Meier said:
Looked good to me! DODGERS WIN, DODGERS WIN! Yankees lose their 7-series winning streak and Gagne gets #81, woo!

Cmon, guy. Even the announcers knew it was a BS call on the replay. It was waaay outside lol. So that's how Gagne does it LOL

Meier

How ironic is it that someone with a Kobe avatar is surprised at superstars getting close calls in their favor. The strike zone is ALWAYS subjective for umpires -- you can't go solely by the K-Zone either as that's not a realistic strike zone.

Mrbob

Do we actually consider the K-Zone the official source for calling balls and strikes?

The K-Zone system is so dumb. I hate when ESPN shows it.

"LETS SEE WHAT K-ZONE SAYS!"

Blah.

Meier

Joe said:
yeah true. it was that ab though. it was WAY outside.

It was a good pitch dude. Hell, the fastball the pitch before it should have been called a strike too -- it was at the knees and painted the corner. The reason he called the next one a strike was a.) he missed the previous one and b.) the next pitch was a curveball rather than a straight up fastball.

Joe

Meier said:
It was a good pitch dude. Hell, the fastball the pitch before it should have been called a strike too -- it was at the knees and painted the corner. The reason he called the next one a strike was a.) he missed the previous one and b.) the next pitch was a curveball rather than a straight up fastball.

nearly a foot outside is not a good pitch.

Meier

They just showed the ARod strike again on SportsCenter -- it was unquestionably one dude. I'm not saying the Matsui one was, but I'm not saying it wasnt. Fact of the matter is though, you swing at that on a 3-2 count against baseball's best closer.

Joe

then we're not talking about the same pitch. because they showed the replay with k-zone and it was way off.

Cubsfan23

Banned
I've never seen one pitch have so much structiny. It's obvious Yankee fans just wanted to see Gagne fail in front of Rivera, at all costs

Fifty

:( Goodbye ESPN avatars. They were too big....Now the revolving door screeches to a resounding halt. At least Carlos "wtf" Delgado is here for me.

Fatalah

A few key things:

1- BALL! IT WAS A BALL!

2- Matsui! Jesus God! You've done that too many times!

3- Giambi, good shit.

4- ESPN's announcers are National League loving bafoons.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"ESPN's announcers are National League loving bafoons."

Can you blame them? AL baseball is weak.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hey fifty I'm up for one game of MVP,I cant sleep but still need to get up early :( Can you play one game?

Matrix

*SWOON*

Ok im off to log on.

NLB2

Banned
rareside said:
We need more RANGER love in this thread! Texas Rangers are just a half game back behind Oakland! Watch out!!

How can you write that without thanking the Cubs for taking two out of three?
And go Rangers!

Mrbob

The NL Central is the toughest division in MLB.

The Pirates would be in first if they played in the NL West!

Matrix

4-0 Pirates...good god this is some sick joke God is playing on us astros fans.

Hurry up Texans and Rockets :(

Desperado

I <3 BERKMAN! 3-RBI double..whoo! thank jimy we didn't have Baggy there...

EDIT: HELLS YEAH, Kent w/ another RBI, 'Stros take the lead!

Matrix

God..was that you ? did you just bring our team back to life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom