• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desperado

Lathentar said:
Biggio moves to Right Field or Left field (to get Berkman away from that wall)!

Biggio in right field??? hahaha, singles to him would turn into triples. =( either he goes back to 2nd or moves to the short field in left and Berkman moves to right [Lance's arm isn't exactly exceptional either, though. =/ ]

What did Hunsicker say? The FSN feed cut out here..

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dont be shocked if you see the Stros make another trade for veteran relief pitching.

Beltran will most likely fall anywhere from 2-5 in the lineup.

Lance will move to right,no way Biggio can play right :\

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Jesus Lidge has one of the most amazing sliders I have even seen : o

Lidge closes the book on the Pirates and Clemens gets win #10 :D Go stros!

Hehe Beltran hit HR #15 today for the Royals..cant wait till he gets here :D :D

Thaedolus

Uh oh, the A's bullpen just got 100 times better!

athletics.gif

...a team that has achieved perfection.

Mashing

He'll be fine when he realizes he has great stuff... You can not hit Dotel if he has command of his fastball...

Matrix said:
Jesus Lidge has one of the most amazing sliders I have even seen : o

Edgar Martinez said the same thing after he faced him a few weeks back

Desperado

taking the lesser of two evils, I guess

ASTROS WIN ASTROS WIN

ASTROS GET BELTRAN ASTROS GET BELTRAN

ASTROS GET RID OF DOTEL ASTROS GET RID OF DOTEL

today is a good day. =)

Matrix

Desperado said:
Be prepared for more blown saves by dotel, he had 3 for us and 0-4 record to go along with it. =P

The last one he had against the Cubs,I swear I almost destroyed my tv.

"Edgar Martinez said the same thing after he faced him a few weeks back"

The man knows his stuff.

Matrix

"It's tough for me to leave this club. What can I do? It's part of the job," Dotel said. "I feel happy because I did all I could do for Houston. I hope they appreciated what I did for them and I appreciated what they did for me. Thank you for everything."

Dotel is classy,he's no Steve Francis.

Matrix

Small update...

"Heard it out of Jimy's mouth:
Bidge to left, Berkman to right. Heard it on Fox Sports Southwest Sports Report."

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Matrix said:
"It's tough for me to leave this club. What can I do? It's part of the job," Dotel said. "I feel happy because I did all I could do for Houston. I hope they appreciated what I did for them and I appreciated what they did for me. Thank you for everything."

Dotel is classy,he's no Steve Francis.

Very classy statement by Octavio. I don't wish any bad luck on Dotel, because our bats don't come to play every night, we needed a closer who was nails and Dotel was not that. I am sure he will do well in Oakland.

Desperado

Small update...

"Heard it out of Jimy's mouth:
Bidge to left, Berkman to right. Heard it on Fox Sports Southwest Sports Report."

Poor Lane. I wonder if they deal him for a reliever? I'd assume keep him, our bench isn't all that great.

Good for my main man Ensberg though. NOW HIT A DAMN HOMER AND SHOW THAT YOU'RE THANKFUL!

Mashing

They won't deal Lane... they're going to need his bat when Bagwell retires... I think this will be Bagwell's last year and Berkman will move to first... then Lane will go back to right.

Matrix

No way they get rid of Lane,I could see Orlando being traded before him.

is Beltran even that good? I mean, being that he's in KC, i never saw much of him, but he always struck me as a good player, but i don't get what all the hype and talk was all about.

edit: LMAO! Gagne was about to give that pussy Michael Tucker a French-Canadian beatdown. That was some funny shit.

Matrix

Man the Cards made the Cubs their bitch tonight..useless Cubs couldnt even help the Stros gain a game.

Dez

Fifty said:
The hype is that he's a player that can do everything...and do everything very well.

I'd still say he's the third best centerfielder in the game.. after Jim Edmonds and Vernon Wells.

Fifty

I love Edmonds....and Wells is fantastic....But I think Beltran is better. Anyway....A top 3 player in any position is great to have.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Ninja Scooter said:
is Beltran even that good? I mean, being that he's in KC, i never saw much of him, but he always struck me as a good player, but i don't get what all the hype and talk was all about.

edit: LMAO! Gagne was about to give that pussy Michael Tucker a French-Canadian beatdown. That was some funny shit.

being that he was in my team's division and I saw him a lot...he's a monster. He's got power, speed (14 sb this year to go along with his 15 hrs), and a hell of an arm.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Will Dusty Baker ever get it?

Brian C. Hedger / Times Columnist

Maybe Dusty Baker gets it, and he's just not letting on.

Maybe underneath his nonchalant, toothpick-chomping image, he understands how bitter this White Sox-Cubs rivalry really is.

That's what I'd like to believe, but it's a stretch. Dusty usually means what he says.

And if you're a Cubs fan, that's not a good thing. Baker has again said this "Crosstown Classic" is just another series, and that St. Louis means more because it's a division rival.

If this were any other major league market, he'd be right. But this isn't any other market.

It's Chicago, where the Red Line runs from blue-collar American League South to white-collar National League North in roughly 15 minutes.

In the perfect world, free of corked bats and shirtless field chargers, Baker would be 100 percent correct. The Cardinals do mean more in the NL Central standings, and the Cubs have series against them sandwiched around this intracity showdown.

But here's the reality: If Dusty's boys come into U.S. Cellular Field thinking the Sox aren't pumped, they will leave with sore, reddened bottoms. They may even have Dusty's "Northsider" sandwich from Subway stuffed down their collective throat on the way out, ham and pepperoni included.

It would be just like last season, when former Sox manager Jerry Manuel danced a jig outside the Sox dugout. It was like watching Gandhi do a touchdown dance.

And it showed something about this rivalry. Underneath their laid-back exterior, the Sox savor this matchup, from Chairman Reinsdorf right on down to the players.

Dusty needs to face this reality. When the game is on, the Sox are the ones with fire-red eyes and smoking nasal passages. The Cubs just happen to be there, happy-go-lucky in victory or defeat.

Nothing about the Sox is happy-go-lucky. Their very pride hangs in the balance.

This is their chance to tell the Cubs -- most importantly, Cubs fans -- to stuff it.

Don't think they take that lightly. Why else would Jose Valentin mock Sammy Sosa's home run trot two seasons ago?

Why else would Sandy Alomar spike the ball off home plate after a collision in 2001?

You'd think Baker would've learned by now, after his Cubs were beaten four out of six last year. He sure seemed to get it following the second game at U.S. Cellular. Valentin smacked a game-winning homer, the Sox stormed the field and Manuel morphed into James Brown.

Afterward, Jerry glowed. Dusty burned.

I thought he got it, but evidently not. He's thinking "just another series" again, while the Sox are privately salivating.

Wonder which Ozzie Guillen prefers, Mamba or Macarena?

so true.

Mrbob

All right! Lets go Cubs! Wash away St. Louis with a series win against the Chi Sox!

Damn White Sox announcers on WGN. Bleh!

HE GAWN.

Mrbob

0-0 going into the top of the 4th!

Damn Prior looks pissed today lol! He has brushed back like four White Sox hitters. After every inning he looks ticked off about something!

dear astros,

thank you for acquiring beltran and keeping away form the red sox. please keep him healthy for the rest of the year as we intend to sign him and have him playing next to his idol, bernie williams for many years.

sincerely yours,

dr. solrac

Matrix

reggieandTFE said:
Go Cubbies! 6-1 in the top of the 7th.

Beltran is a class act, but I'm not sure how much of an effect he can have at this point.

Plenty of games left for him to have an effect and the stros will get Pettite back next Tuesday.

Evil,F your team and their money.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
man our defense cost us the game. simply terrible. Garland's error changed the whole game.

you guys are gonna kill us tomorrow too :\
Schoeneweis, who was supposed to start tomorrow, got put on the DL today, and we called up a scrub to take his place. Diaz is his name, and he's terrible. Ugh.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
I'm not gonna lie, you guys are gonna at least win 2 of these games. I do like Loazia against Maddux though.
Tomorrow you guys are gonna score 8+

Matrix

Damn your team M&M :(

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Matrix said:
Damn your team M&M :(

We dropped two shallow pop-ups, and our pitcher threw away an unnecessary pick to first that let them get a runner from first to third. Damn them indeed.

Anyone else think the strike zone was a bit out of wack today, for both teams?

Oh, and wtf was up with Prior throwing high and inside a lot? He did it to Rowand twice, Thomas once. What was he trying to prove?

Mrbob

I don't think Prior was trying to prove anything. I think his control was a bit off today. He was laboring quite a bit in the five innings he pitched, and missed some pitches pretty badly.

Desperado

Tonights lineup...

Biggio LF
Everett SS
Beltran CF
Berkman RF
Kent DH
Bagwell 1B
Ensberg 3B
Ausmus C
Bruntlett 2B

WTF is this Bruntlett crap Jimy? With Kent at DH, Biggio should play 2B [have Lane in RF/LF]...Lane is more worthy than Bruntlett. >=(

Matrix

Jimy fucking sucks...wtf is right with Bruntlett...shit use viz over his @ss!

Matrix

Beltran gets a single in first at bat..damn he's fast :D

Geez he makes hard catchs look easy in center,damn I want him as a stro for life :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom