• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I know :( Really Kenny Rogers is good,but not this good.

2 singles going into the 7th inning....

Fucking sad.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Beltran the man.

LETS TRADE BAGS- GOD DAMN HE LOOKS HORRID AND OLD :(

Matrix said:
Beltran the man.

LETS TRADE BAGS- GOD DAMN HE LOOKS HORRID AND OLD :(

a quick glance at the Sons of Sam Horn message board and i noticed a "Nomar for Bagwell and Adam Everett thread", but i didn't bother to click so i don't know if its a real rumor or just bullshit.

Matrix

Click for me or give me the link please :p

Matrix

Desperado said:
Bags has a no-trade clause.

WOW we suck. :(

Yea but wouldnt he waive it? Boston is better than the stros and he's always dreamed of playing for his hometown team :p Plus he could DH.

Matrix

Besides Beltran that was so friggin sad to watch....I'm truly disgusted by this team.

Matrix

I got to watch and trust me it was brutal >_< Atleast I'll be able to watch Beltran for a few months,kid has amazing skillz and everything looks so easy for him.

Matrix

Its time to fire hitting coach Harry Spilman! With this lineup they shouldnt be held to 3 hits and 1 run every other night.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Also, I'd like to thank the Astros organization for giving my fantasy OF'er Carlos Beltran more protection than Kansas did.

Schoeneweis, who was supposed to start tomorrow, got put on the DL today, and we called up a scrub to take his place. Diaz is his name, and he's terrible. Ugh.

Actually, I think that sucks too, Schoenweiss/Zambrano would have been an ace game to watch. At least Maddux and Loiza should be a duel; when they're on, they're similar-type pitchers (well Loiza has the huge velocity advantage, but I'm talking movement of pitches and mound demeanor.)

Originally Posted by reggieandTFE
Go Cubbies! 6-1 in the top of the 7th.

Beltran is a class act, but I'm not sure how much of an effect he can have at this point.

Plenty of games left for him to have an effect and the stros will get Pettite back next Tuesday.

Evil,F your team and their money.

Doh, I should have clarified what I meant. The Astros, on PAPER, have by far the best offense in the NL central (probably the whole league), but they've been dramatically underperforming as a unit. I have no doubt Beltran will play great, but if the offense as a whole doesn't play up to its potential (though it likely will), then the impact will be negated.

Miguel

I was a thte game last night....and had to work tonight. Go Beltran. FUCK YOU SPILLMAN or whatever the fuck his name is. ARGH.

WHATEVER YOU DO...DO NOT LET SPILLMAN COME NEAR BELTRAN

Matrix

Yea I heard that too,but it wont matter if they dont start hitting :(

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
on Ortiz....

The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports the Yankees and White Sox are in hot pursuit. A Chicago radio station says a deal is near

holy shit that would kick ass. Sox would have one of the better rotations in the AL, and in the top 3 in hitting.

Mrbob

All right it is gametime! Too bad I can't watch it! :( Zambrano against whoever the heck the White Sox called up to get beat down!!!

Here is your daily Houston Astros Trivia challenge:

How many runs will the Astros score tonight?

A)1
B)0
C)2
D) Score a run? They'll be lucky to register one hit!

Get your answer in now! Winners will be revealed later tonight!

Matrix

GO CHI SOX!

*farts on Bob*

Matrix

I'm doing Beltran Play by play...

First at bat works the count to 3-2 and singles past third :D

Matrix

And now Redding is giving up singles,you have to feel for your pitchers when you know your team cant f-ing score more than a run.

Matrix

ASStros already down 2-0..if they dont score this game.....SOMEONE BETTER FIRE SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!

Edit- bwahahahahah brad brought a run in for the stros 2-1

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
PAULY

Nice Zambrano. Worry about the runner, get your shit knocked in.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD.....YES

5-0 Sox

Matrix

Go sox!

Beltran fouled out 2nd at bat :(

Mrbob

WTF LOL.

Zambrano gave up 5 in the 3rd? Damn!

I'm now glad I can't see this game hahahahaha. Zambrano getting pwned!

Matrix

LAMB! 2 runs for the Stros and we might score another this game.

2-2 ballgame

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Mrbob said:
WTF LOL.

Zambrano gave up 5 in the 3rd? Damn!

I'm now glad I can't see this game hahahahaha. Zambrano getting pwned!

Fucking, he threw to first(runner was Timo Perez, not at all a base stealing threat) 6 times in a row. SIX. Not an exaggeration. He finally threw a pitch to the batter, and Crede knocked it out for a two run HR

Matrix

You suck big @ss Redding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom