• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fifty

Meier said:
From 2002-2004, let's compare their respective stats, shall we?

Rivera is 6-6 with 96 saves, 11 blown saves, 134 K's. He's thrown 150.1 innings and has given up 125 hits while walking 34.
Gagne is 8-4 with 125 saves, 4 blown saves (all coming in 2002), and 294 K's. He's thrown 196.2 innings and has given up 109 hits while walking 45. That's 46.1 innings pitched more than Rivera and yet he's allowed 4 less runners.

Uhh.. and it's not over when Gagne comes in? You Yankees fans are insane.

You can't argue with the truth.

Meier

Oh and to make it even more blown open.. since 2002, Gagne has inherited 44 runners and allowed 3 to score (none since 2002). Rivera has inherited 63 and allowed 31 to score. Yes, that's 31.

Mashing

Stankee's fan> Yeah well... atleast Gagne doesn't look like some high school grunge band reject!

Gagne is the shit.... but he's being wasted on that piece of shit team they have in LA unfortunately...

i don't think anyone is saying "OMG GAGNE BEST CLOSER EVER MARIANO SUCKS!". He hasn't been doing it as long as Rivera, and doesn't have the rings. But for the last 2 years since he became a closer, anyone can see he's been just as good and maybe even more dominant. I mean, to say "you just don't feel like the game is over" is one of the dumbest things i've ever read (no suprise it comes from Sactown). Its like calling Cal Ripken jr. or Joe Dimaggio "unreliable" or "inconsistent" during their respective streaks.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Mariano Rivera is a damn fine closer. One of the best in the biz. Gagne is more dominant, though. He just is!

Joe

stat of the day:

joe dimaggio had 7,011 career plate appearances (1,736 games) and struck out only 369 times. thats about once every 5 games.

o_O

i have no stats to back me up, but Ichrio is sexier than LoDuca and Dimaggio.
ichiro.jpg

Joe

holy shit what the hell is wrong with the devil rays? they won again today, now 1 game above .500 and 4.5 games behind boston.

Fifty

Your post is incorrect.

The question is as follows........

What the hell is wrong with the Toronto Blue Jays?

Mashing

Andy's did good coming off the DL last time, I hope they does the same tonight.

Of course, the way the Astros aren't hitting, he could pitch a no hitter and we'd still lose 1-0

Mrbob

Go Cubs! Time to sweep the Stros again!

Mashing said:
Andy's did good coming off the DL last time, I hope they does the same tonight.

Of course, the way the Astros aren't hitting, he could pitch a no hitter and we'd still lose 1-0

Not with Rusch pitching tonight. :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Joe

this inning is bringing a tear to my eye. hit-and-run's, sac fly's, steals, double steals...it's beautiful.

yanks up 4-2.

Joe

what the hell? either pedro has lost it or hes just trying to get cozy with the yanks and the organization but the yanks announcers just said that today the yanks were on the field stretching and taking BP and pedro comes walking thru the seats towards the field and starts chanting "DER-EK JETER". everyone notices its pedro then pedro comes down and starts shaking hands with some of the yanks and mattingly.

he said it was completely bizarre and left everyone scatching their heads.

Miguel

Joe said:
what the hell? either pedro has lost it or hes just trying to get cozy with the yanks and the organization but the yanks announcers just said that today the yanks were on the field stretching and taking BP and pedro comes walking thru the seats towards the field and starts chanting "DER-EK JETER". everyone notices its pedro then pedro comes down and starts shaking hands with some of the yanks and mattingly.

he said it was completely bizarre and left everyone scatching their heads.

:(

Joe

sheff says "BALL. I DONT LIKE YOU." and then proceeds to deposit it over the left field fence.

7-2 yanks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
evil solrac v3.0 said:
compromise then, the south side galactic bears.

Ok for you Evil.

Matrix

Lol,people can read ;)

Matrix

Go the south side galactic bears!

Ugh is Kent hurt? he hit a double and viz ran for him :\

Desperado

Damnit Kent better not be hurt, they're just coming out of their slump...

BWAHAHAHAHA Alou pwned himself. What did they rule that? 2B+E? 3B+E? then Pettitte got a double! o_O 4-1 STROS!

Matrix

UPDATE ON KENT: Strained right hamstring.

*sigh*

Cloudy

Banned
He needs the juice lol. Hell, it might not be so bad to have him out of the lineup cos he's hitting like crap lately :p

Matrix

Well he was on a strict pitch count and only really made two mistakes to Patterson,I expected him to be pulled after 90 pitchs.

I'm just pissed he brought in Bullinger to face the heart of the lineup..stupid douche Williams :(

We need another vet. arm for the bullpen.

PS- Biggio and Bags again look Horrid hitting.

Matrix

BELTRAN HR!!!!!!!!!!!

Matrix

ROOFLES WEATHERS SUCKS!

GO CUBS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom