• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desperado

Mrbob said:
WOO YEAH BELTRAN!

Thank you for setting up the Astros win so Lidge can blow it in the bottom of the 9th in devestating defeat! Lidge threw 20 pitches between Patterson and Martinez! Throw him back out!

EAT CROW

Lidge>j00

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Hahahahaha!

Cubs need to hand Houston some charity once in awhile! Revenge is ours tommorrow!

The nerve of you Cubs fans.WTF do you think Biggio did for you the other day?

Also Beltran should only thank god for giving him MAD SKILLZ! JEALOUS CUB FANS!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Can't wait to see the Stros win tomorrow to set up the Cubs losing three series in a row, as they're obviously going to fall the superior Chicago team(again) this weekend.

Loaiza against Zambrano
Diaz against Maddux
Buehrle against Rusch

We should have postponed Freddy's start until Friday to give you the lethal Garcia/Loazia/Buehrle and ensure a sweep.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Sheffield is incredible, and he's doing it with a hurt shoulder.
The Yankees scored 2 runs without a hit, their 3rd run was unearned, when you're winning games like this, someone is on your side.

NLB2

Banned
Sactown said:
Sheffield is incredible, and he's doing it with a hurt shoulder.
The Yankees scored 2 runs without a hit, their 3rd run was unearned, when you're winning games like this, someone is on your side.
Dude! Finally I found a believer. Bubbles the Invisible Clown is gonna lead the Yankees to another championship!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
NLB2 said:
Wait, you're joking, right?

Not in the least. You guys couldn't even beat Diaz, who had an ERA over 10. lmao. Cubs beat Garland, who is the 4th best starter on our team right now, 5th once Schoeneweis gets back.

Already lost to Loazia once. If you can't beat Diaz, you're not gonna beat our aces.
But you have another shot at Diaz this weekend.

But anywho, Garcia gets the win in his Sox debut and now we're in first. We own the Twins this year. Won 6 of the last 7 against them, and have outscored them 61-19 in that frame. bam.

beerbelly

Banned
GET YO $19,700,000 ASS BACK TO THE BLUEJAYS LINE UP YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING. HALF OF BLUEJAYS PAYROLL HOLDING BACK AND EATING SUN FLOWER SEEDS ALL DAY. FUCK.

Fifty

Eminem said:
lol

I always feel bad for genuine fans with shitty teams.

Thank you. Somehow I take comfort in those words.

At least we're not in ESPN's bottom five yet. We're without Delgado and Wells....we need them back...now. Ugh.

(Looks like Delgado's back in full force ;) Blue Jays 1B Carlos Delgado (ribs) went 0-for-5 in a rehabilitation start for Class A Dunedin on Wednesday)

Joe

apparently i missed an amazing game tonight. oh im pissed.

13249563.jpg

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
jesus, when Santana is on he's nasty. struck out 8 of the last 10 he faced at one point. just nasty.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ughhh we just cant get any clutch hits this year...

GO CUBS!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Santana's line: 8IP, 3 hits, 2 ER, 2 walks, 12 k

And he gets a loss. Ouch.

Sox sweep at the Metrodome =D

Also, I'm sorry Stros fans, but when Rey freakin' Ordonez is 2-2, you've got some pitching problems.

Matrix

Yea seeing Redding pitch well out of the pen is a plus,but it wont last :(

Also Beltran is the man..another HR and no help from that sorry lineup >_<

Joe

steinbrenner has said that they are working "feverishly" to get randy johnson in pinstripes (he might actually get fined for that comment and others). they are also interested in jamie moyer, andruw jones, preston wilson, and steve finley.

Matrix

IS THAT GOD IN AN ASTROS UNI?

Matrix

Joe said:
i wonder what the astro's will get in return for beltran at the end of july?

ZIP IT YOU STANKEE FAN! :(

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Joe said:
i wonder what the astro's will get in return for beltran at the end of july?

Nah, Astros are going to throw as much money as possible to keep him. I see them letting Biggio go and putting that money towards Beltran. Beltran is the only hitter playing worth a fuck on the team, they can't lose him.

I am disgusted how pathetic the rest of the lineup is.

Matrix

Cubsfan23 said:
haha Prior pitching tomorrow

haha Beltran made Prior his personal bitch.

All Hail C-Webb

dskillzhtown said:
Nah, Astros are going to throw as much money as possible to keep him. I see them letting Biggio go and putting that money towards Beltran. Beltran is the only hitter playing worth a fuck on the team, they can't lose him.

I am disgusted how pathetic the rest of the lineup is.

It doesn't matter what the Stro's do, Beltran will be in pinstripes next season (unless someone better comes along).
This thread is horrible. All the talk about the Stros and Cubs, and neither of them will even make the playoffs. The Cubs have an outside shot at the Wild Card, but they don't deserve any moe attention than the Padres.

Joe

no way the astro's win a bidding war with the red sox and yankees. and its almost a given if the astro's are still in 4th or 5th by the end of july they will trade him.

Matrix

You Yankee fans and your teams money makes me fucking ill.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Joe said:
no way the astro's win a bidding war with the red sox and yankees. and its almost a given if the astro's are still in 4th or 5th by the end of july they will trade him.

How do you figure? Kent is gone, Biggio is gone, Bags is talking about hanging it up, do you think there will not be money to spend on Carlos? And no, it is not a given that Astros will trade Carlos. Just because ESPN says it, does not make it true.

Matrix

Stros went all out to sign Randy Johnson,he just left cause he wanted to play at home.

All Hail C-Webb

Eminem said:
Then stay out.
Or...

I'll just start posting more, and pick a player on the Yankees who I can treat like C-Webb. Then I'll get more Yankee fans to register for this place, and you'll be so outnumbered that you'll have to create an "Official not going to the playoffs MLB thread," where all the people who like horrible teams can go and moan together.
:)

pictures-yankees-broadway-church-photos-8.jpg

lg_ny_ap.jpg

The Last Parade for the Cubs
S114.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom