• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Ninja Scooter said:
damn, i wanted to see Gagne's streak get to at least 100. That would have been something. Oh well.

:( 84 is still an amazing streak and it had to end some time. Now he'll just start another one and get to 100 this time. :D (at least the Dodgers won though, woo!)

Miguel

Ken Jennings >>> Eric Gagne

And WTF JIMY? WHY THE HELL DID YOU TAKE OUT CLEMENS?! HE WAS AT 98 PITCHES AND HAD ONLY GIVEN UP ONE RUN?!?!?

NOW YOU HAVE 1 OUT...MEN ON 2nd and 3rd....AND YOU HAVE DAN FRIGGIN MICELI PITCHING...ARGH! HE'S ALREADY GIVEN UP ONE RUN...GODDAMNIT! I BET LAWRENCE WILL GO THE COMPLETE GAME TOO! >AKLFJ:LKSJDFLKJSDF

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cubsfan must be really insecure about his teams chances cause he cant seem to shut up about a team thats 8 games back.

Cubsfan23

Banned
sad.gif

Mrbob

New tactic time. I've seen it work for others. Please work here:

I HATE THE CUBS! CAN WE PLEASE K 17 TIMES LIKE YESTERDAY??!?! PRIOR SUCKS!!! GO BREWERS!!!

calder

I fucking AGONIZED at work about whether or not to dress Zito. I hemmed and hawed, I thought back to his last start (a very strong no decision). I thought about the Bosox having a bit of a slide lately. So, after looking at everything (I even busted out Zito career stats against the Red Sox) I finally dressed him in my league to maybe get a win.

Lets see... through 4 innings today, 7 earned runs already... lemme see divide by innings times 9 and it comes out to A WHOLE FUCKING LOT YOU PUSS ARMED BITCH. CY YOUNG MY ASS.

Oh great, Zito's out of the game. Hooray!

Desperado

yao-3ptshot.jpg

Yao: Now that the Astros are pathetic, people will only want to watch the Texans and the Rockets! Now to take my plan to blow up Reliant Stadium into action! I WILL BE KING [t-mac can be queen]

Mrbob

Gah! I can't believe this! Lost two in a row against the damn Brewers.

Not even an Asssssssstros loss will cheer me up tonight!

Onto more drinking!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ninja Scooter said:
LMAO! ESPN has an article up about how the Asstros should just cut their losses and trade Beltran again. Asstros=Royals.

Fuck that...trade away the whole team and only keep Beltran,Berkman,Roy-0,and Lidge.

FUCKING WORTHLESS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*knocks head on desk*

Cubsfan23

Banned
Matrix said:
Fuck that...trade away the whole team and only keep Beltran,Berkman,Roy-0,and Lidge.

FUCKING WORTHLESS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*knocks head on desk*

Man, Can't wait to see your reaction when Sosa wins the Home run Derby in your stadium :)

Miguel

Cubsfan23 said:
Man, Can't wait to see your reaction when Sosa wins the Home run Derby in your stadium :)

If Sosa hits a HR out of MMP and I'm standing there and I catch it...I'm SOOOO throwing it back.

Matrix

Miguel said:
If Sosa hits a HR out of MMP and I'm standing there and I catch it...I'm SOOOO throwing it back.

Make sure to use super human strength and aim it for Cubsfan's head :p

Matrix

Joe

after a trade goes through in the Fantasy Vs. Final Turbo Deluxe GAF fantasy league my team looks like this:

c. ivan rodriguez
1b. jason giambi
2b. bret boone
3b. hank blalock
ss. derek jeter
of. carlos beltran
of. bobby abreu
of. ichiro suzuki
util. lyle overbay
bn. jermaine dye
bn. pat burrell

sp. mark prior
sp. freddy garcia
rp. trevor hoffman
rp. jorge julio
p. mark buerhle
p. randy wolf
p. jose mesa
bn. eric milton

would anyone be interested in playing in a pay league next season? make things a little interesting? nothing crazy, we can do an espn league.

Fifty

Sadly I had to retire from the GA leagues due to the 5 ESPN leagues I'm in....I don't have time for them all, and I had to cut out the ones that I don't pay for. So, yes, yes I would.

Fifty

Since it's not that expensive...there are no prizes for winning your league. If you are the best overall player in the ESPN game (not gonna happen) you win something like a plasma TV and a trip somewhere.. Sportsline has prizes for every league, but you have to pay $40 (for $250 prize) $100 (for $600 prize) or $250 (for a $1600 prize) sportsline ( http://football.sportsline.com/splash/football/spln/single ) is the biggest fantasy network. I'd love to do a pay league (not for prizes, just for the better services) of a sport with the GA folks...maybe football, but I doubt there would be the interest. Who knows.

Desperado

Sooo...the Astros. What's left for them? This year it looks like the Wildcard is their only hope...Next year could be a very interesting year. Burke is widely regarded as our most promising prospect; Kent will either be traded mid-season or will retire. Bagwell, with his shoulder, might retire if he doesn't really want to go for 500 hrs...which would put Berkman at 1st [which is where he should be playing anyway.] Biggio, I'm not sure about...I'm guessing the Astros won't pick up his option, though if he keeps playing like he has they might consider it. Beltran...I would REALLY like to see him in an Astros uni in 2005 but somehow I don't think that is going to happen...Ausmus...I really think he's done. His arm and overall defense have depleted and his offense has always been horrible...but apparently he manages pitchers VERY well. We traded away our top catching prospect in the Beltran deal...

1B Berkman
2B Burke
SS Everett
3B Ensberg
LF ???/Biggio
CF ???/Beltran
RF Lane
C ???/Ausmus/Chavez?

Wow, we need starters. Bad. Roger looks outstanding this year, but I don't know if he wants to come back another year...Andy has been plagued by injuries, but will probably return...Oswalt will definitely be here next year. Miller's rotator cuff scares me, but I think he'll recover. Redding was moved to the pen, but Munro is just as bad...Carlos Hernandez was great, but has been pretty bad after his surgery and his velocity is down...

Oswalt
Clemens?
Pettitte
Miller
Hernandez??
???

bullpen, sigh...Lidge is the ray of hope in this mish-mash of inconsistent arms...Miceli has been generally good...Weathers looks like he's gonna be better than his numbers this season show...Gallo is our sole lefty...Bullinger has been better than expected for a career minor-leaguer. Harville has been bad. I'm looking for a trade for a decent BP arm or two.

Gallo
[lefty]
Redding??
Munro??
Harville??
Bullinger??
Weathers
Miceli

Lidge

Desperado

and as for tonight's game...

R. Oswalt (7-6, 3.76) vs. J. Peavy (5-2, 1.98)

This should be a good game. [operative words: should be]

well, this blows chunks. admiral halsey didnt have it today again and the tigers take a series from the yanks. oh well..... still in first but the pitching is REALLY worrying me now....

Joe

kevin brown will come back, mussina will pitch on regular rest, and el duque will take contreras' spot.

Joe said:
kevin brown will come back, mussina will pitch on regular rest, and el duque will take contreras' spot.

mussina has been pitching on regular rest and was pitching well until he decided he didnt feel like winning a ballgame. and contreras can seriously suck it. family my ass. el duque is well on his way and he's a proven winner.

Fifty said:
You want your closer to start for you guys? Trouble in paradise :D

yankees arent in trouble. please understand that. they are seven up on the red sox who have curt- im a level 51 monk in everquest- schilling and shaggy martinez. and besides, this is baseball. the best teams lose 60 games a year. but their pitching can be better,or more consistent. vazques needs to straighten himself out. and mussina. and brown needs to back. then we'll see how far this team can go. oh, we need to execute heredia or smack around joe torre for being so in love with this guy. i dont see the talent at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom